Voltron Teaser trailer

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
If you haven't seen it yet watch knights of Sidonia it's a anime series Netflix made.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
the animation looks cool...but part of what made it memorable was also the music/sound effects...just rewatched these 2 vids and can't believe how hyped I just got...and then I remembered the swizz beats produced intro for the new joint which I will not post :stormcloud:

original Intro/Outro (The black lion roaring @ the end :itsawrap:)

original Voltron forming

Last edited:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
What happened to "Form feet and legs!" "Form arms and body!" "I'll form the head"

ya man looking @ the old vids...the kids who formed voltron and their personalities and how they kinda "gelled" w/ each lion where just as important as voltron itself which gave the show personality...I hope they don't overlook that

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
What happened to "Form feet and legs!" "Form arms and body!" "I'll form the head"

Steven"Glenn from TWD" Yeun said he WILL be saying that on the show..was one of the reasons why he signed on to voice Keith(he a fan of the original)

Reactions: LSN

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the animation looks cool...but part of what made it memorable was also the music/sound effects...just rewatched these 2 vids and can't believe how hyped I just got...and then I remembered the swizz beats produced intro for the new joint which I will not post :stormcloud:

original Intro/Outro (The black lion roaring @ the end :itsawrap:)

original Voltron forming

The awesomeness captured in the 3 mins of these videos cannot be comprehended!

Reactions: LSN

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
This.... There were 2 voltrons if I remember correctly.

There were 3.

From what I remember, there were 12 robots they had to choose from, then they cut it down to 4. One got dropped (Mirai Robo Daltanias) because the company was accidentally sent the tapes with the 5 lions and the people watched it and liked it more.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirai_Robo_Daltanious

Mirai Robo Daltanias (Just missed out on being one of the Voltron teams)

Lion Voltron came out first and was the most popular. Vehicle Voltron came out and because it wasn't as popular they didn't release the third Voltron (even though they released the toys for it.) It was called Albegas or Gladiator Voltron.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightspeed_Electroid_Albegas

Gladiator "Albegas" Voltron (Never shown in the US.)

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not impressed
Peace,

Shot looks very pedestrian.
Same here. That animation sucked.
the new animation doesn't seem to be that much better than the old fashion animation..in fact it makes you appreciate the old skool since they had to all that mechanical change over detail by hand. In a CGI era the animation has to be better on all levels considering how much more they can do and more easily too..

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Car Voltron had storylines that were boring as fuck.

there was even a American miniseries(the Japanese animation studio made new footage) where both Lion Force and Vehicle Team worked together(apparently Pidge was related to the Vehicle Team member who looked like him :lol: )

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
the new animation doesn't seem to be that much better than the old fashion animation..in fact it makes you appreciate the old skool since they had to all that mechanical change over detail by hand. In a CGI era the animation has to be better on all levels considering how much more they can do and more easily too..

Parts of the animation is 2D traditional with CG components. I thought the show was going to be live action

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Studio Mir the same studio that did Avatar and Korra did this. This dude don't make shit. I can't wait until this comes out.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Voltron will be 3D with cgi elements by most of it will be hand drawn like The legend of Korra.
This is an example of how it will look.

Voltron-Legendary-Defender-Still-5.jpg