[[VIDEO]] HBO 24/7 Mayweather vs. Cotto preview - "I Never saw floyd look this sharp"

do you think floyd will have problems with cotto or just go right through him

• Total voters

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Lol, you guys are funny. It doesn't seem ironic that pbf is trying to discount manny's win over Cotto because of the catch weight? When he did the same thing and was over the limit for that fight too.

Did Mayweather ask for the catchweight?

Regardless, I don't care about the weight. You make the weight excuse so you should be consistently upset about weight no matter whose the fighter. Mayweather has adopted your argument like a dumby. Cotto signed the contract and lost... He and everyone else should be more concerned about the juicing affecting that fight.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Re: [[VIDEO]] HBO 24/7 Mayweather vs. Cotto preview - "I Never saw floyd look this sh

Did Mayweather ask for the catchweight?

Regardless, I don't care about the weight. You make the weight excuse so you should be consistently upset about weight no matter whose the fighter. Mayweather has adopted your argument like a dumby. Cotto signed the contract and lost... He and everyone else should be more concerned about the juicing affecting that fight.

Lol, weight makes a big difference in prep and performance. But at the end the fighters sign the contract. I just laugh at him saying he is fighting Cotto at his weight class years after he was already beaten half to death a few times and 5 years late. I got money on Cotto.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Re: [[VIDEO]] HBO 24/7 Mayweather vs. Cotto preview - "I Never saw floyd look this sh

Lol, weight makes a big difference in prep and performance. But at the end the fighters sign the contract. I just laugh at him saying he is fighting Cotto at his weight class years after he was already beaten half to death a few times and 5 years late. I got money on Cotto.

No you don't. If it's years late and he's beaten half to death (which he is not) then you don't think he's going to win at all.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

No you don't. If it's years late and he's beaten half to death (which he is not) then you don't think he's going to win at all.

:ssshhh: Let him play both sides of that argument like he does with a lot of arguments.

ljinsane

Star
Registered

Cottos wife can get it ..too much makeup…but can get it HARD

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

I think Cotto has a chance. He looked much better against antonio the second fight. Also he looks comfortable doing this his way lately. He is not going to have a meltdown like Ortiz and he deserves this chance. He met the best and got blown away. I think he will do better. I think he will win. Pbf doesnt like challenges. And he is playing nice for the moment with cotto. I think he is fighting a champ with something left in the gas tank. He has not seen this kind of opponent in a long time. He still should have made this fight before the two vicious beatings. But he didn't and that wont matter.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

I think Cotto has a chance. He looked much better against antonio the second fight. Also he looks comfortable doing this his way lately. He is not going to have a meltdown like Ortiz and he deserves this chance. He met the best and got blown away. I think he will do better. I think he will win. Pbf doesnt like challenges. And he is playing nice for the moment with cotto. I think he is fighting a champ with something left in the gas tank. He has not seen this kind of opponent in a long time. He still should have made this fight before the two vicious beatings. But he didn't and that wont matter.

I was with you for the first half but you lost me with "Pbf doesn;t like challenges". If he didn't, why take this fight? Why take it at 154 instead of trying to have Cotto come down to 147 or meet him at 150? By taking this fight at his opponent's preferred weight, he blatantly disproves your theory. I don't even know why you would say that at this point.
But I go back to agreeing with you with Cotto having something left in the tank and Floyd having not fought someone like him in a long time.

Lol, funny.

I thought it was too when you said it. Even funnier is after posting another post, you still don't sound like you really think Cotto's going to win but your personal distaste for Mayweather won't let you pick him.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

:smh: You either believe Cotto is damaged goods or he isn't.

If he is then how can he win? :lol:
If he isn't then why even say he was he was beaten half to death? :lol:

If you think Cotto can beat Floyd because he survived against a damaged and rusty Margarito then you are nuts, because Margarito at 100% in his prime was a loser. Shit Margarito had to cheat to beat Cotto the first time and even while cheating he was losing every single fucking round before Cotto crumbled.

tp2001

Star
Registered

If you think Cotto can beat Floyd because he survived against a damaged and rusty Margarito then you are nuts, because Margarito at 100% in his prime was a loser. Shit Margarito had to cheat to beat Cotto the first time and even while cheating he was losing every single fucking round before Cotto crumbled.

:lol: :lol:

True...Margs was basically done after that because that was his highest "achievement"...Mosley destroyed him from going any further yet he still got a somewhat lucrative fight against Pac... :smh:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

I was with you for the first half but you lost me with "Pbf doesn;t like challenges". If he didn't, why take this fight? Why take it at 154 instead of trying to have Cotto come down to 147 or meet him at 150? By taking this fight at his opponent's preferred weight, he blatantly disproves your theory. I don't even know why you would say that at this point.
But I go back to agreeing with you with Cotto having something left in the tank and Floyd having not fought someone like him in a long time.

I thought it was too when you said it. Even funnier is after posting another post, you still don't sound like you really think Cotto's going to win but your personal distaste for Mayweather won't let you pick him.
Pbf took the fight cause he assumes it will be an easy win. The fight Is taking place cause to me that is his natural weight class. I think Cotto will win. I hope PBF wins though. Because a lose validates what people have been saying and it takes the luster off from a fight with Manny.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Pbf took the fight cause he assumes it will be an easy win. The fight Is taking place cause to me that is his natural weight class. I think Cotto will win. I hope PBF wins though. Because a lose validates what people have been saying and it takes the luster off from a fight with Manny.

:lol: as usual you aren't even trying to make sense or even attempting to back up these statements.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

You don't even see how this thing you have against Mayweather has deranged you, do you?

How do you know he thinks it will be an easy win? Is he slacking in his training? Is he dismissive of Cotto?
Again with what you think is his natural weight class. That never, ever matters. What you or I or anyone else thinks a guy's weight class should be is irrelevent. If it mattered one bit Khan and Peterson would be fighting at 147 where I think they belong since both of them have been well over that in previous fights, something Floyd hasn't been, in regards to jr middleweight, in his fights at 147.
And if he wanted an easier fight, there are much easier fights to make at 154 than a pretty fresh Miguel Cotto.
You don't think he's going to win because you're taking more shots at him than Floyd Mayweather is but you just can't fix your mind to even type it out.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

You don't even see how this thing you have against Mayweather has deranged you, do you?

How do you know he thinks it will be an easy win? Is he slacking in his training? Is he dismissive of Cotto?
Again with what you think is his natural weight class. That never, ever matters. What you or I or anyone else thinks a guy's weight class should be is irrelevent. If it mattered one bit Khan and Peterson would be fighting at 147 where I think they belong since both of them have been well over that in previous fights, something Floyd hasn't been, in regards to jr middleweight, in his fights at 147.
And if he wanted an easier fight, there are much easier fights to make at 154 than a pretty fresh Miguel Cotto.
You don't think he's going to win because you're taking more shots at him than Floyd Mayweather is but you just can't fix your mind to even type it out.

I only can tell you how I see things. Lol, I don't think Cotto is going to win. Ok. If what I think is irrelevant. Why ask me question? That seems like a deranged thing to do.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

I only can tell you how I see things. Lol, I don't think Cotto is going to win. Ok. If what I think is irrelevant. Why ask me question? That seems like a deranged thing to do.

It would be if I ever asked you "What division do you think X fighter should fight in?" But I don't because it doesn't matter. They fight where they fight.
We all call it as we see it but there is no evidence that Floyd sees Cotto as an "easy win". He seems to take him more serious than people who aren't going to be fighting him. Taking every fight seriously is one of the reasons he's undefeated.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Goofy motherfucker... thinks people are still asking him about his opinion and not just trying to figure out his mental problem.

Ninja05

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Goofy motherfucker... thinks people are still asking him about his opinion and not just trying to figure out his mental problem.

This is the internet...where backing up statements with facts doesn't exist

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Mayweather is taking cotto way more seriously than I thought. I still think Mayweather will win though.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Mayweather is taking cotto way more seriously than I thought. I still think Mayweather will win though.

He should, Cotto's a serious fighter. But I think he takes every fighter seriously. It's fans (some disguised as media)who aren't taking any punches that take some of his opponents lightly.

dime bag

Rising Star
Registered

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zy6s4kt5-8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U7RzX0NPiE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

merce77

Star
Registered

Floyd's whole Money May persona is coming off as very forced lately.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Floyd's whole Money May persona is coming off as very forced lately.

Little bit. It's like he's getting tired of it but he knows that the shit people want to see, that people pay to see.

merce77

Star
Registered

Little bit. It's like he's getting tired of it but he knows that the shit people want to see, that people pay to see.

No doubt, but it does seem like he's reaching for things to say. I think when the cameras are off dude is a straight killer training like a maniac.:lol:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
No doubt, but it does seem like he's reaching for things to say. I think when the cameras are off dude is a straight killer training like a maniac.:lol:

Dude talks so much shit, but I think he is only serious when he talks about how great he is and how hard he works... I doubt that he will ever show up half assed.

merce77

Star
Registered

Dude talks so much shit, but I think he is only serious when he talks about how great he is and how hard he works... I doubt that he will ever show up half assed.

Yeah I don't ever see that happening with Floyd.

merce77

Star
Registered

No. I think all the hype and talk is his way to motivate himself.

That was part of my point, it seems as if he's trying a lil harder than usual to get himself up for this one. This is the first Floyd fight in a long time that people really aren't looking forward to. That's funny because I still believe Cotto is Floyd's most dangerous fight in a loooong time. People were hyped up for the Mosley fight yet they swear Cotto is finished, it's kinda funny. Cotto's been in with the very best and he's not going to get frustrated or fold up under pressure. I think this fight will be much more competitive than people think.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
That was part of my point, it seems as if he's trying a lil harder than usual to get himself up for this one. This is the first Floyd fight in a long time that people really aren't looking forward to. That's funny because I still believe Cotto is Floyd's most dangerous fight in a loooong time. People were hyped up for the Mosley fight yet they swear Cotto is finished, it's kinda funny. Cotto's been in with the very best and he's not going to get frustrated or fold up under pressure. I think this fight will be much more competitive than people think.

Mosley's power is the difference. Cotto doesn't have the power and no chance of out boxing Floyd.

As far as the persona, I think he is tried of the criticism of the act, but also Pac vs Marquez did numbers. I think Floyd is feeling some kind of way about his act selling tickets vs his skills and at the same time he won't allow himself to be anything but number 1... and number 1 by a wide margin. So he is doing what he does.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

I think this one will do at least Mosley type numbers. Being younger and being much closer to his physical peak than Mosley, I think, makes him the more dangerous opponent.

merce77

Star
Registered

Mosley's power is the difference. Cotto doesn't have the power and no chance of out boxing Floyd.

As far as the persona, I think he is tried of the criticism of the act, but also Pac vs Marquez did numbers. I think Floyd is feeling some kind of way about his act selling tickets vs his skills and at the same time he won't allow himself to be anything but number 1... and number 1 by a wide margin. So he is doing what he does.

So by your rationale, Cotto should get his ass whupped worse than Shane. I don't see it.

merce77

Star
Registered

I think this one will do at least Mosley type numbers. Being younger and being much closer to his physical peak than Mosley, I think, makes him the more dangerous opponent.

Plus even at his peak, Mosley was a ko artist and a good boxer with awesome natural abilities. Cotto may not be a ko artist but he does have power and he has a wider array of skills than Mosley had even in his young days, though Mosley was the more dangerous fighter. Not to take anything away from Floyd but Mosley was not the fighter who beat Oscar in his prime by the time he got to Floyd. The fight will do big numbers between Cotto's crowd and Floyd's haters they'll be fine.It'll probably do better than Floyd's last couple of fights.