[[VIDEO]] HBO 24/7 Mayweather vs. Cotto preview - "I Never saw floyd look this sharp"

do you think floyd will have problems with cotto or just go right through him

• Total voters

dime bag

Rising Star
Registered
**UPDATE** FULL EPISODE 1 **

Floyd Sr makes a return to the gym

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AbiBA9SvG7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oSE4o7jVfFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: [[VIDEO]] HBO 24/7 Mayweather vs. Cotto preview - "I Never saw floyd look this sh

man everytime i watch floyd his speed seems unreal. that's just God given talent. no lie. manny may have a very slight offensive edge but he would be moving in slow mo trying to catch that man.

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: [[VIDEO]] HBO 24/7 Mayweather vs. Cotto preview - "I Never saw floyd look this sh

man everytime i watch floyd his speed seems unreal. that's just God given talent. no lie. manny may have a very slight offensive edge but he would be moving in slow mo trying to catch that man.

richlove

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

24/7 is one of my favorite tv shows of all time..especially when Floyd, Roger and Floyd Sr. are on it. I'm gonna hate when it is over because boxing doesn't have enough personality these days.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Cotto makes it competitive for 6-8 rds and then it's all Floyd to close him out.
If Floyd blows out Cotto, he moves up in the p4p all time list fa sho. Beating him moves him up some, blowing him out pushes him fast and makes him need Pacquiao less and less (not that he needs him now).

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Cotto makes it competitive for 6-8 rds and then it's all Floyd to close him out.
If Floyd blows out Cotto, he moves up in the p4p all time list fa sho. Beating him moves him up some, blowing him out pushes him fast and makes him need Pacquiao less and less (not that he needs him now).

Cotto might make the first round or 2 competitive and then its over. He will get Mosley'd or Gatti'd.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Cotto might make the first round or 2 competitive and then its over. He will get Mosley'd or Gatti'd.

I think he's a good enough boxer to hang in there (I didn't say he would win all those rounds, just keep them tight). He's a better pure boxer than either Mosley or Gatti which is the only thing that will keep him in the fight at all.
If he's still hanging tough come Rd 4, I think he'll be there for a few more.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

I think he's a good enough boxer to hang in there (I didn't say he would win all those rounds, just keep them tight). He's a better pure boxer than either Mosley or Gatti which is the only thing that will keep him in the fight at all.
If he's still hanging tough come Rd 4, I think he'll be there for a few more.

So was/is Marquez...

merce77

Star
Registered

So was/is Marquez...

Yeah but Marquez was/is very small. And Mosley and Gatti were washed up fighters, not trying to take away from Floyd but Cotto is not old or washed up. Cotto may have been fighting sub par comp recently but the fact is that once he got away from Arum, he ends up fighting Floyd, which says a lot about who was choosing those wack ass opponents for him.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And Mayweather would have looked the same slow way if he had fought Shane Mosley as a Lightweight.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Yeah but Marquez was/is very small. And Mosley and Gatti were washed up fighters, not trying to take away from Floyd but Cotto is not old or washed up. Cotto may have been fighting sub par comp recently but the fact is that once he got away from Arum, he ends up fighting Floyd, which says a lot about who was choosing those wack ass opponents for him.

My point in bringing up Marquez is that he is a master boxing and couldn't touch Floyd.

People always go to the speed difference but Marquez has damn sure touched up Pac more than Cotto did because Marquez is the second best in the business at timing (next only to Floyd Maymeather imo).

With that said, styles make fights and Cotto doesn't fight like any of the guys I've named but of the guys I've named Mosley had the best showing and it had nothing to do with boxing skills.

Cotto isn't a powerful puncher like that... he breaks guys down over time which means he has to touch Floyd a lot.

When's the last time you seen that happen?

To put it in perspective, Cotto cleanly touched Margarito a lot in both fights and didn't slow the guy down. Shane's washed up ass destroyed Margarito and as much as I hate the guy for cheating... plaster in your gloves does nothing for your chin.

Cotto has done nothing to earn the chance, but it doesn't mean he is not a good boxer... its just that good boxers are made to look like fools in front of Floyd.

The only challenge is a motherfucker with speed and power... which is why I was championing the Pac fight for the longest time and even now, but I know it won't happen. Floyd will run through Cotto and people will make their excuses, but the reality is this... Floyd is on another level and was on another level back when people claim Floyd was ducking the fight.

When he fights Martinez or Pac and beats them, I won't be more impressed than I am now, because he's better than them, but at least they earned the shot and have a slim chance to win.

I'm convinced he is the truth. I was convinced when he beat Marquez like that. I just don't understand the cats making excuses after every guy he beats.

Last edited:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

And Mayweather would have looked the same slow way if he had fought Shane Mosley as a Lightweight.

May be right but Mosley had a toothache when first confronted with the idea of Floyd... so we will never know but can only guess.

Thick Johnson

Star
Registered

A dumb boring worthless win for Mayweather :smh:

conspiracy Bro

Rising Star
Registered

I've watch both of these fighters for majority of their careers and I got to say Floyd's speed and defense is whats going to win this fight but I don't think he believes this is going to be a cat walk either. Cotto might be one of the toughest fights of his career up to this point.

I knew Cotto was going to lose to Manny because he's a bleeder and Arum set that fight up (from the gloves they used to the size of the ring) to make it easy for Manny to get in close and do his volley of punches because that would make Cotto bleed and give Manny the advantage going forward.

For Floyd its going to take longer to do that kind of damage to cotto's face because Floyd's whole style is based on not getting hit if you don't have to. He will eventually tire cotto out and maybe cut him but this fight will go to the later rounds. Because of that Floyd has to be able to take Cotto's punches up to the last round. Seeing that not only is Floyd at camp already but its going well makes me believe he probably see's it like I see it. He will win the fight but its not going to be a walk in the park like Ortiz. Cotto can box and he has the strength of a slugger. He's just a bleeder.

As for Marquez Floyd did play dirty (not that most boxers wouldn't do the same) and came in overweight for the fight. Marquez not only wasn't connecting at a regular pace, when he did connect he didn't have the power to faze Floyd and build any momentum from a clean hit.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I've watch both of these fighters for majority of their careers and I got to say Floyd's speed and defense is whats going to win this fight but I don't think he believes this is going to be a cat walk either. Cotto might be one of the toughest fights of his career up to this point.

I knew Cotto was going to lose to Manny because he's a bleeder and Arum set that fight up (from the gloves they used to the size of the ring) to make it easy for Manny to get in close and do his volley of punches because that would make Cotto bleed and give Manny the advantage going forward.

For Floyd its going to take longer to do that kind of damage to cotto's face because Floyd's whole style is based on not getting hit if you don't have to. He will eventually tire cotto out and maybe cut him but this fight will go to the later rounds. Because of that Floyd has to be able to take Cotto's punches up to the last round. Seeing that not only is Floyd at camp already but its going well makes me believe he probably see's it like I see it. He will win the fight but its not going to be a walk in the park like Ortiz. Cotto can box and he has the strength of a slugger. He's just a bleeder.

As for Marquez Floyd did play dirty (not that most boxers wouldn't do the same) and came in overweight for the fight. Marquez not only wasn't connecting at a regular pace, when he did connect he didn't have the power to faze Floyd and build any momentum from a clean hit.

With all the physical advantages Floyd had, he should have knocked Marquez out. If they would have been the same size, I would give full credit to Floyd for the win. Size does matter and that's where the good big man vs good little man saying comes from. If you have two master boxers going at it and one is significantly larger than the other, the larger one with the bigger pop behind the jab is going to stop the smaller one in his tracks making him more hesitant and unable to work than usual.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

I swear people are still on this two pounds over a catch weight shit like that shit drastically changed the fight. Do you not see what happens on fight nights on the regular? Motherfuckers come in 15-20 lbs over the weight limit that they are supposed to be fighting at... In all honesty, 2 pounds on the scales FOR A CATCHWEIGHT isn't going to drastically change a fight that was a complete shut out. We could argue if the shit was close, but come on...

Also Marquez has shown that he has the power when he touches Manny and Manny has been in there with guys way bigger than Marquez so I don't get the point on the size argument. Marquez is a different breed of fighter and he has shown that shit with damn near everyone he has fought. You don't hear Marquez talking about that two pounds and trying to get a rematch because it was what it was.

Manny has laid the nigga out like he was ironing a shirt on several occasions and he keeps coming back for more. He keeps coming back better and better no matter the obstacles that Manny's bitch ass creates. If you think two pounds was a deciding factor against Floyd and you think Marquez would have had any kind of a competitive showing if not for those two pound don't you think Marquez would be trying to get the rematch when there are better earning potentials with Floyd?

I won't even talk about your Cotto argument because of your bleeding theory with Manny... I think Cotto had more to deal with avoiding getting his bell rung than cuts.

Last edited:

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

May be right but Mosley had a toothache when first confronted with the idea of Floyd... so we will never know but can only guess.
And just when was he "FIRST" confronted with this idea? as far as I know this NEVER happened while he was a Lightweight.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

And just when was he "FIRST" confronted with this idea? as far as I know this NEVER happened while he was a Lightweight.

Yeah, the toothache thing happened wayyyyy after Mosley's lightweight days.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Never said it happened during those days... I just stated that Mosley had a serious medical condition when the nigga's name was brought up. It wasn't until the motherfucker was trying to cash out that he got dentist to handle that situation is all I'm saying.

Let's be all the way clear though, they didn't fight at the same weight classes until they both were at welter during Mosley's second welter weight run. Mosley was always a weight class or two above Floyd... but to be honest, one of the two initiated the call out and the idea of the fight. That person was not Mosley and when confronted, like I said, Mosley had a toothache. Mosley wasn't looking for Floyd at lightweight or any other weight until he was humbled back down to welter, then humbled by Cotto doing just enough to beat him with boxing skills and then found himself a lifeline in Margarito's bum ass.

I have my doubts about whether Mosley would have ever taken the fight if Floyd's drawing power didn't go through the roof and Mosley wasn't struggling. That's just my opinion and I'm sorry for typing so much but I like my reasoning to be fleshed out instead of just saying anything.

Last edited:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

:yes:

My point in bringing up Marquez is that he is a master boxing and couldn't touch Floyd.

People always go to the speed difference but Marquez has damn sure touched up Pac more than Cotto did because Marquez is the second best in the business at timing (next only to Floyd Maymeather imo).

With that said, styles make fights and Cotto doesn't fight like any of the guys I've named but of the guys I've named Mosley had the best showing and it had nothing to do with boxing skills.

Cotto isn't a powerful puncher like that... he breaks guys down over time which means he has to touch Floyd a lot.

When's the last time you seen that happen?

To put it in perspective, Cotto cleanly touched Margarito a lot in both fights and didn't slow the guy down. Shane's washed up ass destroyed Margarito and as much as I hate the guy for cheating... plaster in your gloves does nothing for your chin.

Cotto has done nothing to earn the chance, but it doesn't mean he is not a good boxer... its just that good boxers are made to look like fools in front of Floyd.

The only challenge is a motherfucker with speed and power... which is why I was championing the Pac fight for the longest time and even now, but I know it won't happen. Floyd will run through Cotto and people will make their excuses, but the reality is this... Floyd is on another level and was on another level back when people claim Floyd was ducking the fight.

When he fights Martinez or Pac and beats them, I won't be more impressed than I am now, because he's better than them, but at least they earned the shot and have a slim chance to win.

I'm convinced he is the truth. I was convinced when he beat Marquez like that. I just don't understand the cats making excuses after every guy he beats.

I agree with all your points, I just think Cotto has the skill set to be competitive and has the best chance to win of any of his most recent opponents, especially with them fighting at 154.

:lol::lol::lol:

With all the physical advantages Floyd had, he should have knocked Marquez out. If they would have been the same size, I would give full credit to Floyd for the win. Size does matter and that's where the good big man vs good little man saying comes from. If you have two master boxers going at it and one is significantly larger than the other, the larger one with the bigger pop behind the jab is going to stop the smaller one in his tracks making him more hesitant and unable to work than usual.

All true. I just don't think it would have made a difference in that fight. Floyd didn't overwhelm him with his power but his speed and accuracy.

Never said it happened during those days... I just stated that Mosley had a serious medical condition when the nigga's name was brought up. It wasn't until the motherfucker was trying to cash out that he got dentist to handle that situation is all I'm saying.

Let's be all the way clear though, they didn't fight at the same weight classes until they both were at welter during Mosley's second welter weight run. Mosley was always a weight class or two above Floyd... but to be honest, one of the two initiated the call out and the idea of the fight. That person was not Mosley and when confronted, like I said, Mosley had a toothache. Mosley wasn't looking for Floyd at lightweight or any other weight until he was humbled back down to welter, then humbled by Cotto doing just enough to beat him with boxing skills and then found himself a lifeline in Margarito's bum ass.

I have my doubts about whether Mosley would have ever taken the fight if Floyd's drawing power didn't go through the roof and Mosley wasn't struggling. That's just my opinion and I'm sorry for typing so much but I like my reasoning to be fleshed out instead of just saying anything.

They had dueling challenges at different times with Floyd being first.
They fought, Floyd dominated, taking that name off the list of "He needs to fight...". Now it's Cotto's turn to have his name taken off the list.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

Cotto has a chance. Pbf is right. He is fighting him at his correct weight class. And if he wants to look at Cotto as undefeated cause manny fought him at a catch weight. Does that mean hat ton wasn't a left over. Or Marquez win doesn't count cause manny fought Juan at his weight class and beat him. Does it make pbf's win over Juan tainted cause Juan fought at 147 and not 135 not to include him coming in overweight. Dude is such a joke.

Liquid7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Any links for last night Episode of 24-7?

dime bag

Rising Star
Registered

episode 1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SiyYbVy44jg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6KhQKUfDjpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Cotto has a chance. Pbf is right. He is fighting him at his correct weight class. And if he wants to look at Cotto as undefeated cause manny fought him at a catch weight. Does that mean hat ton wasn't a left over. Or Marquez win doesn't count cause manny fought Juan at his weight class and beat him. Does it make pbf's win over Juan tainted cause Juan fought at 147 and not 135 not to include him coming in overweight. Dude is such a joke.
BINGO! ALL good points made here

Les W

Star
Registered

Every time I think Floyd iis in for the fight of his life... he picks the other guy apart and dictates the fight... with that said... Cotto seems like it is going to be the toughest fight he's had in years... maybe he'll be distracted ...maybe the weight difference will be a bigger advantage than we think...

Who thinks this is a tougher match up than Manny would be?

tp2001

Star
Registered

Who thinks this is a tougher match up than Manny would be?

I do and it would be a tougher matchup in any weight class and timeframe of the careers of these boxers. Cotto has more tools to give Floyd problems, something that I have little to no confidence that Manny has, especially fighting backwards. Another thing is that Cotto has a lot of patience in the ring, which helps him get to his plan of execution...Manny has had a few instances when he has been frustrated in the ring against fighters. I wished that he was able to fight Raheem once just to see how he would do against an unorthodox/slick fighter.

The weight thing isn't that much of a problem...Floyd may be more comfortable now over 147 than he was against Oscar

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

I do and it would be a tougher matchup in any weight class and timeframe of the careers of these boxers. Cotto has more tools to give Floyd problems, something that I have little to no confidence that Manny has, especially fighting backwards. Another thing is that Cotto has a lot of patience in the ring, which helps him get to his plan of execution...Manny has had a few instances when he has been frustrated in the ring against fighters. I wished that he was able to fight Raheem once just to see how he would do against an unorthodox/slick fighter.

The weight thing isn't that much of a problem...Floyd may be more comfortable now over 147 than he was against Oscar

Hatton was a leftover, didn't matter what weight it was since Ricky was campaigning welterweight.
No, the JMM win wasn't tainted (where do you get this stuff). There are many who don't think Manny has ever beaten JMM (I'm not one but they're out there).
The joke is this hard reach you made to say that stuff. He considers Cotto an undefeated fighter because one guy cheated him and he fought the other at a catchweight after he got cheated. You caught one of those but not the other. Let it go.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Hatton was a leftover, didn't matter what weight it was since Ricky was campaigning welterweight.
No, the JMM win wasn't tainted (where do you get this stuff). There are many who don't think Manny has ever beaten JMM (I'm not one but they're out there).
The joke is this hard reach you made to say that stuff. He considers Cotto an undefeated fighter because one guy cheated him and he fought the other at a catchweight after he got cheated. You caught one of those but not the other. Let it go.

Here is the dumb shit about the weight argument and the way buk is using it.

We all know it is harder for a motherfucker to come down than to come up... Yet, if Cotto had beat Pac, we would give Cotto credit for the win even though he is the bigger guy and wouldn't even discuss the weight.

Had Hatton/Marquez won or simply been competitive... no one would be focusing on the weight, we would give them credit for just winning much like how buk doesn't say shit about the weight issue in Pac v Marquez III. Shit, nothing to say about Bradley v Pac.

Ortiz makes the argument that he wasn't fighting at his right weight at 140 and then he beats Berto... Where's the co-sign from buk? The weight is used a scapegoat in certain fights.

Floyd's running around trying to sell this fight to people who shit on him, but when he runs through Cotto... its going to be "Cotto's been through to many wars. He should have fought him in his prime." When he fights Canelo in his prime... it's going to be "Canelo has no experience". I called it way before he fought Shane... He can't fight a single person to get the respect of certain people.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Here is the dumb shit about the weight argument and the way buk is using it.

We all know it is harder for a motherfucker to come down than to come up... Yet, if Cotto had beat Pac, we would give Cotto credit for the win even though he is the bigger guy and wouldn't even discuss the weight.

Had Hatton/Marquez won or simply been competitive... no one would be focusing on the weight, we would give them credit for just winning much like how buk doesn't say shit about the weight issue in Pac v Marquez III. Shit, nothing to say about Bradley v Pac.

Ortiz makes the argument that he wasn't fighting at his right weight at 140 and then he beats Berto... Where's the co-sign from buk? The weight is used a scapegoat in certain fights.

Floyd's running around trying to sell this fight to people who shit on him, but when he runs through Cotto... its going to be "Cotto's been through to many wars. He should have fought him in his prime." When he fights Canelo in his prime... it's going to be "Canelo has no experience". I called it way before he fought Shane... He can't fight a single person to get the respect of certain people.

And now that JMM has exposed Pacquiao again, if/when that fight is made, the excuse for why Floyd beats him will be "He was shot and battle worn."

tp2001

Star
Registered

And now that JMM has exposed Pacquiao again, if/when that fight is made, the excuse for why Floyd beats him will be "He was shot and battle worn."

Yep...that article in that other thread is so true...Floyd can't catch a break

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

You can do it with any fighter... Watch Martinez will magically "show his age" if he gets the same schooling as the rest of these guys.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

Lol, you guys are funny. It doesn't seem ironic that pbf is trying to discount manny's win over Cotto because of the catch weight? When he did the same thing and was over the limit for that fight too.