[[VIDEO]] HBO 24/7 Mayweather vs. Cotto preview - "I Never saw floyd look this sharp"

do you think floyd will have problems with cotto or just go right through him

• Total voters

merce77

Star
Registered
Re: [[VIDEO]] HBO 24/7 Mayweather vs. Cotto preview - "I Never saw floyd look this sh

I agree. I think Floyd will need to win this fight and beat either Manny or Sergio (or both) to get in the Top 5 p4p all time list. As/is, he's definitely not there. Reasons aside, if the fights didn't happen, you can't get credit.

I remember thinking Shane had him until late in the fight so the mistake that person made was using the word "destroy".

Thing is, Cotto nullified a lot of Shane's talents with excellent timing, his imho, underrated jab and effective boxing. Although Shane was never an effective boxer type, he did have all the tools to beat Cotto. I think fans tend to forget that Cotto was only beaten by one dude who is a proven cheater and another guy who was very suspect at the time and hasn't looked as good since that.

As far as Floyd, I don't believe we'll ever see the Pac fight which to me, is on Pac and his team. And I doubt we'll ever see Floyd/Sergio which if it doesn't happen, will be on Floyd because we know Sergio would probably take a 95/5 split on that fight. "Just pay my plane ticket to Vegas Floyd" :lol:

But I agree, if he takes Manny and Sergio, he's without a doubt the greatest fighter of his era and one of the top 5 all time.

Ninja05

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: [[VIDEO]] HBO 24/7 Mayweather vs. Cotto preview - "I Never saw floyd look this sh

One thing we forgot about Shane - that ninja has no defense. None. If you can withstand his power and quickness, then its all good. Of course when he slowly lost his speed - all he had was his power.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Thing is, Cotto nullified a lot of Shane's talents with excellent timing, his imho, underrated jab and effective boxing. Although Shane was never an effective boxer type, he did have all the tools to beat Cotto. I think fans tend to forget that Cotto was only beaten by one dude who is a proven cheater and another guy who was very suspect at the time and hasn't looked as good since that.

As far as Floyd, I don't believe we'll ever see the Pac fight which to me, is on Pac and his team. And I doubt we'll ever see Floyd/Sergio which if it doesn't happen, will be on Floyd because we know Sergio would probably take a 95/5 split on that fight. "Just pay my plane ticket to Vegas Floyd" :lol:

But I agree, if he takes Manny and Sergio, he's without a doubt the greatest fighter of his era and one of the top 5 all time.

5% in a fight with Floyd will be more than he's gotten fighting anybody else, Chavez excepted.:lol:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

"Floyd? Is it really you?":lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You know I can hear him now "Where else is he going to make that kind of money? Sure it's only 5% but my 5% is bigger than most people's 100%"

merce77

Star
Registered

You know I can hear him now "Where else is he going to make that kind of money? Sure it's only 5% but my 5% is bigger than most people's 100%"

Yo you need to put together the Floyd version of the "Big Ghostface" blog. I can see it now....."Money May's 2012 Top Five softest niggas in boxing":lol::lol::lol:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Yo you need to put together the Floyd version of the "Big Ghostface" blog. I can see it now....."Money May's 2012 Top Five softest niggas in boxing":lol::lol::lol:

How many times can you put Manny Pacquiao and Oscar De La Hoya on a list, though?

merce77

Star
Registered

How many times can you put Manny Pacquiao and Oscar De La Hoya on a list, though?

Every year. Just surround them with 3 other new cats and no one will notice. Unless we end up calling it the DLH award(the Oscar is just too obvious). You know, a little trophy in a fishnet outfit and lipstick could be sent to the winner.:lol::lol:

And for the runners up we'll have a bust made from this picture..

Pac-Man1.jpg

So far it looks like Amir Khan is the front runner for this years award.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Every year. Just surround them with 3 other new cats and no one will notice. Unless we end up calling it the DLH award(the Oscar is just too obvious). You know, a little trophy in a fishnet outfit and lipstick could be sent to the winner.:lol::lol:

And for the runners up we'll have a bust made from this picture..

Pac-Man1.jpg

So far it looks like Amir Khan is the front runner for this years award.

He sho damn is. Fool, you got your rematch, shut the fuck up already.
This time stop headlocking and pushing and learn how to jab.

merce77

Star
Registered

He sho damn is. Fool, you got your rematch, shut the fuck up already.
This time stop headlocking and pushing and learn how to jab.

Throw in a monthly editorial on the state of boxing by uncle Roger and we have ourselves a blog.:lol::lol:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Throw in a monthly editorial on the state of boxing by uncle Roger and we have ourselves a blog.:lol::lol:

All that nigga would say every month is...
"my nephew is the greatest boxer of this generation."
"Motherfuckers don't shit about boxing."
"Pac only winning cause he got that shit in him."
"These motherfucker ain't shit, [Insert any boxer's name but Floyd] is a bum"

I'm glad you guys hash out that Floyd shit one more time cause I'm tired.

merce77

Star
Registered

All that nigga would say every month is...
"my nephew is the greatest boxer of this generation."
"Motherfuckers don't shit about boxing."
"Pac only winning cause he got that shit in him."
"These motherfucker ain't shit, [Insert any boxer's name but Floyd] is a bum"

I'm glad you guys hash out that Floyd shit one more time cause I'm tired.

Why you think I haven't been here for a while?:lol:

dime bag

Rising Star
Registered

MAYWEATHER DISCUSSES TURNING PRO AND SPARRING PERNELL WHITAKER

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZBaKrk9ZQ7w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FLOYD MAYWEATHER SAYS HE'S READY TO GO TOE TO TOE IF COTTO IS WILLING

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-gH7ra-MiRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

MAYWEATHER DISCUSSES TURNING PRO AND SPARRING PERNELL WHITAKER

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZBaKrk9ZQ7w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FLOYD MAYWEATHER SAYS HE'S READY TO GO TOE TO TOE IF COTTO IS WILLING

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-gH7ra-MiRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Didn't know this shit. Man... they were making it seem like teenage Floyd was making easy work out of Sweet Pea...:eek:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

I doubt that shit very seriously.

I don't know what to make of it, but Floyd tried to side step it and confirm it at the same time even though he admits it was only a few rounds. I would love to see the footage if any exist. Shit... I would buy that shit on PPV, before these next two joints.:cool:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

I doubt that shit very seriously.

:yes:

I don't know what to make of it, but Floyd tried to side step it and confirm it at the same time even though he admits it was only a few rounds. I would love to see the footage if any exist.

I can see Pea playing with the young man and giving him some hope for a couple playful rounds while for a young Floyd, it's the biggest moment of his life and he's going hard.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

:yes:

I can see Pea playing with the young man and giving him some hope for a couple playful rounds while for a young Floyd, it's the biggest moment of his life and he's going hard.

That makes sense... Still would love to see it.