Update- Vaccine Now Available At Kroger and Publix. Sound off if you received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any side effects? What Kind you took?

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you want to make this the official thread and I combined mine with yours?
Sure thats fine. I just want to ease some of the apprehension (which is valid given the mistreatment of our people by the Healthcare system) and get my folks out here vaccinated and safe.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wanted to lead by example cause I care about the health and safety of my beautiful black people.

20201231-144357.jpg

If my dick falls off in the next few days I may or may not tell you all. :lol: But in all seriousness it went smooth and I am having no issues.

28 days from now the second dose then 2 weeks after this pandemic will be over for me. ( I still will mask and social distance though)
I was a little nervous today and after the shot every little thing I noticed I was like dam is it the vaccine. I calmed down and had no issues but a sore arm lol

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was a little nervous today and after the shot every little thing I noticed I was like dam is it the vaccine. I calmed down and had no issues but a sore arm lol
Yeah the sore arm is common with most vaccines. It happens to me with the flu vaccine every year

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah its been about 24 hours since I received the vaccine and I only have mild shoulder soreness where the needle stuck me. Very common with any vaccine.

No issues.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah its been about 24 hours since I received the vaccine and I only have mild shoulder soreness where the needle stuck me. Very common with any vaccine.

No issues.
That is all I have had myself. Now I am just being extra careful and isolating until I at least can get 50% protection in about two weeks

BigFish999

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
great post i will soon receive one as well. Good to see folks following up afterwards like this. I get the flu shot every year so my fear level is low but I do understand the skepticism of others. One thing I do know, is that un vaccinated folks are catching this Covid-19 shit on a daily basis and some dying from it at record numbers. The choice is between the devil you know and the one you're not so sure about. hmmm?
tenor.gif

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
great post i will soon receive one as well. Good to see folks following up afterwards like this. I get the flu shot every year so my fear level is low but I do understand the skepticism of others. One thing I do know, is that un vaccinated folks are catching this Covid-19 shit on a daily basis and some dying from it at record numbers. The choice is between the devil you know and the one you're not so sure about. hmmm?
tenor.gif
At the rate of infection it will only be a matter of time before exposure. If fam are 40 and over it is best to get the vaccine because at least you can guarantee not having a sever case.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
tenor.gif

Exactly. 3-4k dying daily and yet you have people still trying to debate this shit. :smh:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My decision to get the vaccine was simple. I had questions about the vaccine just like anyone else and was very nervous. But I could not live in fear anymore.

Not being able to be around my friends and family was no way to live. Being locked up in my house not able to travel or do anything is not living. Might as well be locked up

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm getting mine on Tuesday. You have to take some Tylenol before getting it.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes, he said he took extra strength tylenol round the clock for 24 hours.
It could definitely cause soreness of your shoulder mine is about a 3 out of 10 pain that has not gotten worst. But that happens after my flu vaccines so this is nothing special. But Tylenol can help with pain.

Be safe I think it will go well for you.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It could definitely cause soreness of your shoulder mine is about a 3 out of 10 pain that has not gotten worst. But that happens after my flu vaccines so this is nothing special. But Tylenol can help with pain.

Be safe I think it will go well for you.
I assume jag means to reduce fever as a side effect

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I assume jag means to reduce fever as a side effect
Maybe and maybe not though because I would tell my patients to use Tylenol if they had pain with the injection. I would also tell them to use it if they had a fever like you are saying.

Anyway it goes as long as he is safe and does well is all we care about.

Acetaminophen does not impact the immune response

Often, people elect to take an over-the-counter pain reliever, or give one to their children, prior vaccines to help with the side effects. “Remember a vaccination can cause an initial pain during the injection, but also soreness and an elevated temperature afterwards,” Hepfer said. “For many people, it makes sense to take acetaminophen as it both relieves pain and reduces temperature.”

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe and maybe not though because I would tell my patients to use Tylenol if they had pain with the injection. I would also tell them to use it if they had a fever.

Anyway it goes as long as he is safe and does well is all we care about.

That’s why I question the pain portion. Pain from a vaccine is due to inflammation and Tylenol is not good at reducing inflammation but more of a fever reducer

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s why I question the pain portion. Pain from a vaccine is due to inflammation and Tylenol is not good at reducing inflammation but more of a fever reducer
Yeah Tylenol is a mild pain reliever it works more centrally at the brain to prevent the perception of pain. It is also an antipyretic like you are saying, but can be used for both.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor

His doctor told him to take Tylenol. You can't take that as everyone should and he's probably wrong assuming that too. Maybe Jagu is up in the doctors office tearing up after shots. Doctor don't want to see him complaining about his arm hurt and asking should he come in for a check up.

:giggle:

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
His doctor told him to take Tylenol. You can't take that as everyone should and he's probably wrong assuming that too. Maybe Jagu is up in the doctors office tearing up after shots. Doctor don't want to see him complaining about his arm hurt and asking should he come in for a check up.

Nah, Nigerians are built for pain. As I said my friend got the vaccine and he's on call for 3 days. No complaint what so ever.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Nah, Nigerians are built for pain. As I said my friend got the vaccine and he's on call for 3 days. No complaint what so ever.

So the dirt in Nigeria gives black people anti pain perception powers? Did the same doctor tell you that too?