U.S. Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe vs. Wade

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Many members of the CBC support immigration. When those immigrants move to this country a lot of them move to Black districts. From what I see immigrants when they become citizens do the exact opposite of what democrats want which is vote republican. So basically how I see it the only thing we are doing is delaying shit because most of those districts will be going away anyway. Whether its now, 2 years from now 4 years from now or 6 years from now. As I said earlier the Congressional Black Caucus does nothing to support the interests of the Black community so maybe we would be better served if they were out of office.

I don't care if immigrants are forced to stay or leave, but how they are treated should be everyone's concern. Americans, black Americans got caught up in Trumps fuckery and were denied due process. You cant complain about the historical mistreatment of black folks and expect restitution, but not care when similar mistreatment is visted upon others.(Yes I realize it was no where near as brutal.) I'm not saying to put their interest ABOVE ours, but seek to do that which benefits the greater good.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Virginia Lamp Thomas's Aunt Opal says that Clarence Thomas "was so nice, we forgot he was black ... and he treated her so well, all of his other qualities made up for his being black." Ginni Thomas's father is quoted as saying, "If you have any feelings about black color, you forget about it as soon as you start talking to him." Your reporter appears to interpret these and other comments by Lamp family and friends to mean that color is not an issue for them, as she immediately goes on to write that "Ginni Thomas's color is an issue to some blacks, however."

This has been their MO re Clarence Thomas forever. We are the real racists for calling his coon ass out not the cac bigots supporting him. :smh::lol:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
FWB_Pq7UcAAybJP

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s why I made the thread about Trump exposing the coons. They are dangerous but predictable because they cannot think for themselves and follow whatever the super-liberal caucasian says.

I got this tweet from you, and while I may not have a positive opinion on Clarence Thomas, I can not cosign the name calling in some of those tweets.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All this....and I am not necessarily pro choice not pro life either. I don t want to see back alley abortions because it will set womens health back....

But I also dont want to see folks simply saying I m not ready so lets get rid of it.

But....this SCOTUS decision is the direct result of folks not being discipline enough to get their agenda across and now they are feeling the consequences

Da Backshot Champ

Rising Star
Registered

Another quick question for anybody listening. And this is strictly to stir the pot a lil, being an agent and whatnot. Not to conflate two separate issues but, knowing what we know now aside. Where was all this "My body, my choice" "right to bodily autonomy" talk when folks were losing their jobs because they didn't want the vax?

You answered your own question. It was your body and your choice. Nobody strapped you down to a gurney and shoved a needle in your arm. Whether that affected your employment was part of the choice.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Obama reminded of what he said about abortions in 2009 after Roe v Wade is overturned

Former President Barack Obama was reminded of what he said about abortions in 2009 after Roe v Wade was overturned.
On Friday (24 June), Obama took to his official Twitter to share a thread of messages about the Supreme Court's ruling.
"Today, the Supreme Court not only reversed nearly 50 years of precedent, it relegated the most intensely personal decision someone can make to the whims of politicians and ideologues—attacking the essential freedoms of millions of Americans," he captioned the initial post.

One wrote: "Reminder that Obama ran on codifying Roe in 2008 and then abandoned it almost immediately, calling it "not my highest legislative priority," and opting, instead, to focus on a bailout for banks."

"Obama promised to codify women's reproductive freedom as one of the first things he'd planned to do in office. He had a supermajority in Congress, meaning there was no way Republicans could've blocked him.

He decided it wasn't the right time," another added.

In 2009, Obama said that he favoured abortion rights for women but passing a law guaranteeing those rights was not a top priority for him while trying to avoid inflaming divisions over the matter.

"I think that the most important thing we can do to tamp down some of the anger surrounding this issue is to focus on those areas that we can agree on," Obama said at a news conference during his first 100 days in the White House.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Obama reminded of what he said about abortions in 2009 after Roe v Wade is overturned

Former President Barack Obama was reminded of what he said about abortions in 2009 after Roe v Wade was overturned.
On Friday (24 June), Obama took to his official Twitter to share a thread of messages about the Supreme Court's ruling.
"Today, the Supreme Court not only reversed nearly 50 years of precedent, it relegated the most intensely personal decision someone can make to the whims of politicians and ideologues—attacking the essential freedoms of millions of Americans," he captioned the initial post.

One wrote: "Reminder that Obama ran on codifying Roe in 2008 and then abandoned it almost immediately, calling it "not my highest legislative priority," and opting, instead, to focus on a bailout for banks."

"Obama promised to codify women's reproductive freedom as one of the first things he'd planned to do in office. He had a supermajority in Congress, meaning there was no way Republicans could've blocked him.

He decided it wasn't the right time," another added.

In 2009, Obama said that he favoured abortion rights for women but passing a law guaranteeing those rights was not a top priority for him while trying to avoid inflaming divisions over the matter.

"I think that the most important thing we can do to tamp down some of the anger surrounding this issue is to focus on those areas that we can agree on," Obama said at a news conference during his first 100 days in the White House.

There was a housing crisis going on and the big 3 needed saving.
Roe wasnt in any danger in 2009.
This aint Obama's fault.....its the voters fault period.

If it was worth saving then they would have voted.