TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

listing-square

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Caught myself watching Elsbeth.

It's Columbo via Pokerface

And on the whole very well done and proved how important good writing is and that this style of murder mystery is hard.

So far it's missing the mark by making the lead superhuman to a degree that makes the entire exercise a complete waste of time and effort

Wife and I been excited to watch this..she was always an interesting, quirky recurring character from "The Good wife" and the "The Good fight"..nice to see she has a spin off..

The supporting characters in the last couple episodes been funny as hell...dude from modern family, Blair underwood, and the lil Gen-z chick from the last episode had me Laughing out loud

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Going to finish the last 3 episodes of Ripley this week.

Also going to get caught up on the recent episodes (1 each) for Sugar and Parish.

Have 1 episode to go with season 1 of Ramy from a handful of years back. Looking forward to seasons 2 and 3 over the spring.

Caught the first 10 minutes of The Sympathizer, so gonna check out the first 2 episodes later this week.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wife and I been excited to watch this..she was always an interesting, quirky recurring character from "The Good wife" and the "The Good fight"..nice to see she has a spin off..

The supporting characters in the last couple episodes been funny as hell...dude from modern family, Blair underwood, and the lil Gen-z chick from the last episode had me Laughing out loud

Wow... I'm happy you enjoy especially with the wife.

I was a big fan of the good wife never watched good fight.

Like I said all the actors and especially the guests are great. But the show itself just... as much as these shows are background noise mostly for me?

I need SOME credulity

She happens to hear an edited clip on a barroom TV and immediately knows the guy is guilty?

So basically she went after the black guy from that moment and no matter WHAT the evidence she only focused on who she THINKS the killer is?

They going to that way to much.

I'm surprised because they had Pokerface and the OG Colombo and even Criminal Intent to work off of.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@playahaitian

Speaking of Poker Face ... here's a good quick laugh ...

Genius :lol: :lol: :roflmao::roflmao2::roflmao3:

She got one the biggest laughs ever on the Tonight Show...

Sitting between Leno AND KEENAN IVORY WAYANS!!!!

RESPECT!!

Sidebar... interesting that she has a regret that the career path she chose she is never seen as feminine. And I always though she was hot because she was SMART and funny. Go figure.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Sidebar... interesting that she has a regret that the career path she chose she is never seen as feminine. And I always though she was hot because she was SMART and funny. Go figure.

Agreed. Smart and funny is a nice combo.

Happy to see her career success in recent years too. She's been through some shit, as noted on Wikipedia ...

During the early 2000s, Lyonne experienced legal problems and was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol,[101] and for incidents involving threatening her neighbors.[102] In 2005, she was evicted by her landlord, actor Michael Rapaport, following complaints by other tenants about her behavior.[103]

In 2005, Lyonne was admitted—under a pseudonym—to Beth Israel Medical Center in Manhattan, suffering from hepatitis C, infective endocarditis, and a collapsed lung; she was also undergoing methadone treatment for heroin addiction.[104] In January 2006, a warrant was issued for her arrest after she missed a court hearing relating to her prior legal problems. Her lawyer said an emergency had arisen but did not give details. Later in the same year, Lyonne was admitted to a drug and alcohol treatment center; she appeared in court afterwards and the judge entered a conditional discharge.[7] She has not used drugs since December 2006, and has been open about her addiction and recovery.[19]

Lyonne underwent open-heart surgery in 2012 to correct heart valve damage caused by her previous heart infection.[105] She quit smoking in 2023.[106]

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Red Eye

Actor Richard Armitage is the king of twist tales like this one about medical doctor accused of murdering someone during a business trip to China. I'm 3 episodes and enjoying the series so far even though I'm questioning some the actions taken and not taken by some of the characters

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished the series Ripley yesterday. Quite good start to finish. Definitely recommend it.

Direction / filming and cinematography are on point.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Last edited: