TV News: Mindy Kaling animated HBO Velma series Will Reimagine Character As Being Of East Asian Descent (Won't Include Scooby-Doo Or Mystery Machine)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I tried to warm yall years ago

Yall created this well helped proliferate it and show its viability

Bots and hate watching and trolling etc

So image we created a lane where bullsh*t will prosper directly as a result of the attention we give it

I haven't even gone back to it to check the second episode. Mainly because of what you said, I refuse to give it attention, even negative attention. Plus, I can spend my limited viewing time on shit I actually like.
Just like trash ass she hulk.
Love or hate She-Hulk, but at least it stayed true to its comic book origins. Don't like it for what it is, but for (a lot of) actual fans, it was pretty much exactly what you'd expect from the show and the character.

Velma is still completely off the rails for what I'd expect from those characters, which is a huge difference in my view.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

So image we created a lane where bullsh*t will prosper directly as a result of the attention we give it

:lol:
1 - cbr is the source and cbr is bullshit

2 - if 5 people watched Velma last week and 13 watch this week thats approx 127%growth

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

Sorry.

I can’t get into it.

Velma will always be a nerdy looking, thick White girl hiding behind that big oversized turtleneck sweater.

sub-buzz-810-1664902603-2.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Critics' and users' scores ...

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I tried watching his channel a long time ago since youtube kept recommend it to me(youtube needs to fix their recommend videos because most of the time it never matches the videos I watch)but couldn't get into it. He came off a bit coonish to me.
I started following Tyrone a long while ago, because there was a time when finding channels that supported black geekdom wasn't as easy, and he was at least entertaining on some levels. But yeah, over time, he has been a bit more vocal on some conservative viewpoints and conspiracy theories, and he has less content that I actually care about. His insistence on being "anti-woke" kinda aput him permanently on the back burner for me.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I started following Tyrone a long while ago, because there was a time when finding channels that supported black geekdom wasn't as easy, and he was at least entertaining on some levels. But yeah, over time, he has been a bit more vocal on some conservative viewpoints and conspiracy theories, and he has less content that I actually care about. His insistence on being "anti-woke" kinda aput him permanently on the back burner for me.
That's the way I now view him and his content. :smh:
These days Tyrone Magnus comes across more and more as just the latest in a long line of "pick me" type negroes for White conservatives.
I also believe he's not a big fan of Black women... :smh:

Unfortunately, it's so hard to find good, intelligent, knowledgeable, Black geekdom YouTube content creators who aren't "closeted" libertarians or outright conservatives.
And then; of course, you've got those "friends of all things progressive" negroes who'll give a positive review to just about everything in entertainment that's "woke", race or gender swapped or that is LGBTQ inclusive. :smh:

It's just a sad stae of affairs all the way 'round... :dunno:

Last edited:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
That's the way I now view him and his content. :smh:
These days Tyrone Magnus comes across more and more as just the latest in a long line of "pick me" type negroes for White conservatives.
I also believe he's not a big fan of Black women... :smh:

Unfortunately, it's so hard to find good, intelligent, knowledgeable, Black geekdom YouTube content creators who aren't "closeted" libertarians or outright conservatives.
And then; of course, you've got those "friends of all things progressive" negroes who'll give a positive review to just about everything in entertainment that's "woke", race or gender swapped or that is LGBTQ inclusive. :smh:

It's just a sad stae of affairs all the way 'round... :dunno:

I've said many times that there's no middle ground when it comes to certain subjects. One side is anti-black,anti-intellectual,anti-Science and believe in conspiracy theories and etc while the other is anti-black but champions for other groups and anyone that disagrees with them you're misogynistic,antisemitic or whatever phobic they can come up witn when it comes to the gay community.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've said many times that there's no middle ground when it comes to certain subjects. One side is anti-black,anti-intellectual,anti-Science and believe in conspiracy theories and etc while the other is anti-black but champions for other groups and anyone that disagrees with them you're misogynistic,antisemitic or whatever phobic they can come up witn when it comes to the gay community.
I disagree with this.
I believe you CAN offer a neutral or inoffensive opinion on some things and still be passionate fan about them as well.
For example; I'm a passionate, longtime fan of many comic book superheroes. However, I'm not a fan of the recent treatment they've recieved when they've been bought to the big screen, or streaming services.

But, in reviewing these films or series, I see no reason to ally myself with the talking points of White conservatives, Libertarians, the manosphere or with incels.
- Sadly, far too many of these Black YouTube creators do exactly that just for clicks and views and for $$$$. :smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
so - lets be clear

in your opinion - there are Arrowverse shows worse than Velma?
contrary to IMDB RottenTomatoes etc ratings? and loyal fans on this board and others?

In my opinion...

I was just messing with you.

This show is bad I didn't laugh in fact at maybe 2 different points I actually got angry

But even with all that it is not the worst show of all time by any stretch.

I try not to remember or waste valuable bandwidth on bad stuff so I can't off the top of my head think of one worse.

At gunpoint?

I still ain't finish iron fist or Tom swift. The last matrix. Morbius was painful. a couple of other hbo series I'm sure.

Velma is especially frustrating I think to many because it took a massive amount of time effort and money to f*ck up what was essentially a lay up for nearly ANYONE else.

And embarrassed itself from jump trying to imitate Harley Quinn.

Which by the way should also show all wannabe creatives how freaking hard it is to do outstanding work like that especially in animation.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Sarah Michelle Gellar wants world to see 'steamy' Daphne and Velma kiss cut from Scooby-Doo

The original cut of the film, the actress said, was a lot less "family-friendly."
By Emlyn TravisFebruary 03, 2023 at 02:59 PM EST

Sarah Michelle Gellar thinks the world is finally ready for the "less family-friendly" version of Scooby-Doo.
The actress, who starred as the fashionable detective Daphne, says there are multiple cut scenes from the 2002 film that deserve to see the light of day, including a special moment between her character and Velma (Linda Cardellini).
"There was an actual kiss between Daphne and Velma that got cut," Gellar told Andy Cohen on Thursday's episode of Watch What Happens Live. "I feel like the world wants to see it. I don't know where it is."

Another scene, Gellar recounted, included a joke aimed at Fred's (Freddie Prinze Jr.) sexuality. "There was a great line too that I'll never forget," she said. "We were having a fight, Daphne and Fred, and then I yell at him, 'And that ascot makes you look gay!' And I slam the door and they cut that, too."

In fact, Gellar found that particular scene so funny that it became "the reason I actually signed onto the movie" in the first place. "It's something everyone's thought for a long time!" she said. "There's always been an implication about Fred being interested in both parties. It all got cut."
News of Daphne and Velma's long-lost kiss has been circulating since 2020 when the film's writer James Gunn revealed that he initially planned to make his version of Velma gay in both Scooby-Doo and its 2004 sequel Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.
"She's gay in the first draft. It's not one line," Gunn wrote in a since-deleted tweet. "She serenades Daphne. And she kisses Daphne. Both of these were shot — all easily available, known information, just as everyone knows the movie was initially Rated R by the MPAA."

Sarah Michelle Gellar, Linda Cardellini, Matthew Lillard, Freddie Prinze. Jr in 'Scooby-Doo.'

| CREDIT: JASIN BOLAND/WARNER BROS.
Gunn went on to explain that the studio slowly "kept watering it down and watering it down, becoming ambiguous (the version shot), then nothing (the released version) and finally having a boyfriend (the sequel)."

Velma wouldn't become canonically queer until October 2022, when the beloved brainiac develops a crush on convicted felon Coco Diablo in the animated film Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo!
And yes, Linda Cardellini is a huge fan. "I think it's been hinted at so many times," she told EW in November. "And I think it's great that it's finally out there."

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

67536121-0-image-a-50_1676004923357.jpg
67536123-0-image-a-49_1676003088888.jpg
I hate to be that guy, but she was one of those people that actually looked better carrying a little weight. It was kinda the one thing that was working for her. But that's her life and her choice, really.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm getting real sensitive in my old age - cause off that one joke?

I aint watch this show and aint interested in anything she does going forward.

I have been on that same boat since she did a show on life in NYC with all cacs. Not even other indians, just cacs :smh: :lol: