TV News: Mindy Kaling animated HBO Velma series Will Reimagine Character As Being Of East Asian Descent (Won't Include Scooby-Doo Or Mystery Machine)

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I wonder will we ever see Batgirl. We got the Snyder cut. I wonder if we eventually get this.

I suspect the film will eventually be released.

It came out about a month ago that Warner Bros. is doing all these cancellations for tax write offs.

Warner Bros. accountant’s must have found a loophole in the Trump tax cuts and exploiting it before the Government finds out and closes it.

I don’t recall in the history of Hollywood of a major studio cancelling this many projects in such a short period of time like the way Warner Bros. is doing.

The most I have ever seen is delay in pre-production, production or release.

There have been films made that never got released like that Jerry Lewis film dealing with the Holocaust.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor

It came out about a month ago that Warner Bros. is doing all these cancellations for tax write offs.

Warner Bros. accountant’s must have found a loophole in the Trump tax cuts and exploiting it before the Government finds out and closes it.

I don’t recall in the history of Hollywood of a major studio cancelling this many projects in such a short period of time like the way Warner Bros. is doing.

The most I have ever seen is delay in pre-production, production or release.

There have been films made that never got released like that Jerry Lewis film dealing with the Holocaust.

Fully filmed projects too.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the amazing part of all of this criticism is....WHO THE FUCK EVER WATCHED SCOOBY DOO IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE??

SERIOUSLY?? WHO ON BGOL WILL ADMIT EVEN AS A CHILD THEY ACTUALLY SAT THRU A FULL EPISODE OF SCOOBY DOO??

I GREW UP in the 70s when that shit came out and I can say with full confidence that I never watched more than 3 minutes of an episode before I got bored and turned the channel to the Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour or Speed Buggy.... :dunno: :dunno:

AVvXsEjPzm89pUF8MQBI9wCXwRFS-YJmQ-1G1XbZq4ZuZSBn48fwHqS5uiL4Yo1QRMt4r93JjfPVwtffkvhl4mgGmfgOv5bHAtk6PvqmfxKB6oR-sggiufBRn7n8cyaW7kTPzODeJbLyuA2_v8EtFkTRDBguqW_6MoXnip8XkvrDF_m02gEW36DO0hKokCxj=s16000

My routine at that time was Mumbly then Pink Panther then Bugs Bunny then Tarzan then Isis then Land of the Lost... then Soul Train on channel 17 :giggle:

What was youre line up???

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:smh:

not new - not a loophole- its been around for decades
this is happening because WB has been mismanaged for well over a decade
1 example
Report: The CW Was Never Profitable

now think about the millions lost on ArrowVerse, Berlanti's +$300 million contract in 2018, BvS and Justice League

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
the amazing part of all of this criticism is....WHO THE FUCK EVER WATCHED SCOOBY DOO IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE??

SERIOUSLY?? WHO ON BGOL WILL ADMIT EVEN AS A CHILD THEY ACTUALLY SAT THRU A FULL EPISODE OF SCOOBY DOO??

I GREW UP in the 70s when that shit came out and I can say with full confidence that I never watched more than 3 minutes of an episode before I got bored and turned the channel to the Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour or Speed Buggy.... :dunno: :dunno:

AVvXsEjPzm89pUF8MQBI9wCXwRFS-YJmQ-1G1XbZq4ZuZSBn48fwHqS5uiL4Yo1QRMt4r93JjfPVwtffkvhl4mgGmfgOv5bHAtk6PvqmfxKB6oR-sggiufBRn7n8cyaW7kTPzODeJbLyuA2_v8EtFkTRDBguqW_6MoXnip8XkvrDF_m02gEW36DO0hKokCxj=s16000

My routine at that time was Mumbly then Pink Panther then Bugs Bunny then Tarzan then Isis then Land of the Lost... then Soul Train on channel 17 :giggle:
you are an exception

I never liked Scoobydoo

but every kid on my block, in school and at my babysitter's, loved the show
white kids loved the show
weed heads in college loved the show

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I never watched it faithfully, but I definitely watched my share of it. Especially when it was one of the few cartoons that came on daily in the era before everyone had 98 channels of television.

And even without watching it constantly, it still became part of culture. People who may have never seen an episode of the show know the "big reveal/would've got away with it" routine. Buffy the Vampire Slayers team of friends were called the Scoobies (although arguably, that's a cult reference inside of a cult reference, but you get the idea).

There are only a few Scooby-Doo series that I have watched faithfully, and I'd argue that I didn't even enjoy all of those, either. But the fact remains that I enjoy something in the core of that series. We went to a Scooby-Doo themed escape room once, and I swear the experience was twice as fun because the show was the backdrop.

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor

I did, mad as fuck wondering why the fuck are they grown and why isnt scooby a puppy.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member

I did. It was one of my favorite cartoons for many years. I especially loved when they had guest stars. Like Batman & Robin or The Globe Trotters. As that show was about exposing scammers and liars.

I didn't stop watching it until I was in my twenties. After I saw an episode purporting ghosts and witches as real. Then there's the lame movie where Scrappy Doo was made out to be the villain.

Since then I never watched any of that new shit again. Suffice to say I only expect new versions of Scooby Doo & The Mystery Machine, to be terrible. As though M Knight Shalaman is the writer and director.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I did. It was on of my favorite cartoons for many years. I especially loved when they had guest stars. Like Batman & Robin or The Globe Trotters. As that show was about exposing scammers and liars.

I didn't stop watching it until I was in my twenties. After I saw an episode purporting ghosts and witches as real. Then there's the lame movie where Scrappy Doo was made out to be the villain.

Since then I never watched any of that new shit again. Suffice to say I only expect new versions of Scooby Doo & The Mystery Machine, to be terrible. As though M Knight Shalaman is the writer and director.
please tell me you did NOT watch that scrappy DOO DOO bullshit?!!?

q6k6veq44fcvasqnqyk7bfwqb7wgwfvj_00.jpg

:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2: I was like 10, 11 when that shit came out and was like

will-smith-smh.gif

shaq-walk-away.gif

source.gif

triple-h-disgusted.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

Big fan, Scooby was the shit. WA ched it way past my childhood lol this new shit though. Blasphemy

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I did. It was on of my favorite cartoons for many years. I especially loved when they had guest stars. Like Batman & Robin or The Globe Trotters. As that show was about exposing scammers and liars.

^^^^

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
please tell me you did NOT watch that scrappy DOO DOO bullshit?!!?

q6k6veq44fcvasqnqyk7bfwqb7wgwfvj_00.jpg

:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2: I was like 10, 11 when that shit came out and was like

will-smith-smh.gif

shaq-walk-away.gif

source.gif

triple-h-disgusted.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

Hell yeah. Ever since the 1970's. That cartoon was the first one I ever saw with starts from actual shows. The Harlem Globetrotters were my favorite guest stars.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

All those shows + Fat Albert and sometimes this

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
:smh:
not new - not a loophole- its been around for decades
this is happening because WB has been mismanaged for well over a decade
1 example
Report: The CW Was Never Profitable

now think about the millions lost on ArrowVerse, Berlanti's +$300 million contract in 2018, BvS and Justice League

When prior to all that Warner Bros. is doing now was done in prior decades?

I don’t recall any major studio in the past doing what Warner Bros is currently doing.

Studios have gone under and they were swallowed up by the bigger studios.

Studios like, United Artists, Orion, Miramax, TriStar and others over the decades were swallowed up by bigger studios.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The good ole days....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
First half was so bad i thought it was a parody. Second half wasn't terrible but not good enough for me to shake this feeling this was to be a scooby doo focused version of the venture brother

I agree

This is bad especially the first episode but I've seen worse

It's just smacks of so much effort

It thinks it's SO SMART, ORIGINAL and CLEVER.

and it isn't.

All the big name talent involved should be embarrassed

But it isn't the complete dumpster fire I heard it was.

Ok I didn't laugh once

And that sickle cell joke was sh*tty.

But I can even see this getting a second season just because of the attention it's getting.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

Big dawg i watched Scooby-Doo everyday when i came home from school.. beginning to end.. it wasnt too many i didnt watch...

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
I agree

This is bad especially the first episode but I've seen worse

It's just smacks of so much effort

It thinks it's SO SMART, ORIGINAL and CLEVER.

and it isn't.

All the big name talent involved should be embarrassed

But it isn't the complete dumpster fire I heard it was.

Ok I didn't laugh once

And that sickle cell joke was sh*tty.

But I can even see this getting a second season just because of the attention it's getting.

It's wants to be scream but with shitty twitterverse, privileged woke white "social justice warrior" jargon. It would of worked better without characters who've been established for 50 years.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It's wants to be scream but with shitty twitterverse, privileged woke white "social justice warrior" jargon. It would of worked better without characters who've been established for 50 years.

I don't know who the writers are talking to besides other writers.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BGOL. Isn't this a watch thread...lol
I think it as supposed to be, but then most of the people in the thread have decided they don't want to watch it now.

For example, aside from a mild curiosity, I just gave up on it. And I have way too many other shows to watch and keep up with to hate watch anything right now. Maybe in the spring.