TV News: ‘Good Times’ Voice Cast Revealed for Seth MacFarlane - Norman Lear Animated Series on Netflix

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

:idea:

@ViCiouS @4 Dimensional @largebillsonlyplease @woodchuck

Bruh.. thankz for info, but who the entire fuck wanna see an animated good fucking times net alone if it were a regular show!! It was never a good fucking time untill the very end! I'll pass!!

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Is there ANYWAY they could actually pull this off correctly?

I doubt it.

The original series was based in the 1970s.

• Crack hadn’t begun in the Black community.
• Public Schools in Black communities were a little better than today.
• No Internet.
• The subject of Police Brutality brought up by Blacks back then was ignored cuz there was no video evidence…until the Rodney King tape in the 90s.
. Cabrini Green Projects no longer exist.
• The series if set in current Chicago would have to address the current level of gun violence which was not present in the 70s.

The series if set in current day would have to be dark in tone, I doubt Seth McFarland will go that route and have the show play out like “The Cleveland Show”.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BB1kexwk.img

It's considered an adult animation and has been given a TV-MA age rating. This means it's not a show meant for kids; it's meant for mature audiences only. It was given a TV-MA rating for gore, strong language, nudity, smoking, and violence. I doubt you want your kids to be watching any of the content just listed. So, we recommend putting on some kid-friendly content for the kids before you start watching the animated series. Luckily, you can find a bunch of kid movies and shows on Netflix.

Cast​

In December 2023, Born Again Virgin creator Ranada Shepard was announced to be joining Jones as co-creator, co-showrunner, and executive producer of the animated series. We also learned who will be voicing the main characters and shared their names below.

• Jay Pharoah (The Blackening, Saturday Night Live) as Junior
  • Marsai Martin (Black-ish, Little) as Grey
  • Yvette Nicole Brown (Community, Drake & Josh) as Beverly
  • Gerald Anthony ‘Slink’ Johnson (Grand Theft Auto, White Men Can't Jump) as Dalvin
  • JB Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Millers, Blockbuster) as Reggie
The late Norman Lear will reportedly appear in one episode of the season. Actresses Rashida Olayiwola, Venus DeMilo Thomas, and Jessica Mikayla will also voice characters in the series.

Here's what the show is about via Deadline:

The animated Good Times series finds the fourth generation of the Evans family living in apartment 17C of the last remaining housing projects in Chicago. It turns out the more things change the more they stay the same and keeping your head above water is as challenging as ever. The only thing tougher than life for this family is love, and there’s more than enough to go around.

That's all we know about the Good Times animated series so far. We're still waiting on the official trailer, which should be released by the end of March. No worries! We'll make sure to share it with you once it drops.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
BB1kexwk.img

It's considered an adult animation and has been given a TV-MA age rating. This means it's not a show meant for kids; it's meant for mature audiences only. It was given a TV-MA rating for gore, strong language, nudity, smoking, and violence. I doubt you want your kids to be watching any of the content just listed. So, we recommend putting on some kid-friendly content for the kids before you start watching the animated series. Luckily, you can find a bunch of kid movies and shows on Netflix.

Cast​

In December 2023, Born Again Virgin creator Ranada Shepard was announced to be joining Jones as co-creator, co-showrunner, and executive producer of the animated series. We also learned who will be voicing the main characters and shared their names below.

• Jay Pharoah (The Blackening, Saturday Night Live) as Junior
  • Marsai Martin (Black-ish, Little) as Grey
  • Yvette Nicole Brown (Community, Drake & Josh) as Beverly
  • Gerald Anthony ‘Slink’ Johnson (Grand Theft Auto, White Men Can't Jump) as Dalvin
  • JB Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Millers, Blockbuster) as Reggie
The late Norman Lear will reportedly appear in one episode of the season. Actresses Rashida Olayiwola, Venus DeMilo Thomas, and Jessica Mikayla will also voice characters in the series.

Here's what the show is about via Deadline:

The animated Good Times series finds the fourth generation of the Evans family living in apartment 17C of the last remaining housing projects in Chicago. It turns out the more things change the more they stay the same and keeping your head above water is as challenging as ever. The only thing tougher than life for this family is love, and there’s more than enough to go around.

That's all we know about the Good Times animated series so far. We're still waiting on the official trailer, which should be released by the end of March. No worries! We'll make sure to share it with you once it drops.
So they just can't let a black TV family have a happy ending? Last I checked Keith's injury healed and was able to get back in the nfl ad they all moved out of the projects. Even in animation the white power structure can't have blacks succeeding. Gotta be a cac behind this shit.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Hollywood showing it's lack of creativity again. :dunno:

You send people to film school and they all learn the same shit from the same teachers, then they wonder why they all have no "new" ideas.

Go to the hoods across the country and listen to some of these people's stories and you'll have enough ideas to last you generations.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
If they did a cb4 animated series set in today's era I'd watch that. A series about 3 trap rappers raised innthe suburbs who ain't really about that life and they constantly get their cards pulled and get in allnsortsnof hilarious situations.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Incredibly stupid and I really hope it fails, it's already been pointed out that in the final episode of Good Times "The End of the Rainbow" that they get out of the projects.

Good Times should be left alone, if you wanted to do something with it, how about you show Michael as a judge, J.J. as a world famous pointer, Keith and Thelma enjoying life after his football career and Penny as something successful.

There are better things that you can do with this franchise if you choose not to leave it alone.