TV Discussion: Superman & Lois (CW & HBO MAX) CANCELED! ARROWVERSE IS DONE!

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Only way i see this happening is once they reveal which one of them is really Damian,the episode ends with him saying something like"Then...my REAL dad is still out there...." :rolleyes:

The above post article I posted has been shot down in the episode that premiered this week.

Good episode with the first 15 minutes doing a recap of Clark's/Superman's origin's on Earth. Got to see him in the throwback original uniform.

We got to see how he lost Lana Lang. So there's no chance, as of now, that her daughter is Clark's.

The show gave a good shout out to the Christopher Reeve Superman when Clark arrived in Metropolis and meeting Lois.

And the issue with Clark and Lois twins, there seems to be something up with them even existing. Lois stated that they did not think it was possible for them to have kids when she found out she was pregnant. And they were both double shocked when they found out they were having twin boys. So it's pretty clear there is more to them than what has been revealed.

And they kind of played on the movie Superman 2 toward the end with Morgan Edge, but it's going in a different direction.

Superman made a statement to Morgan about keeping his Kryptonian side secret and stated he was not the only one, I will assume he was referring to Supergirl but it's possible there maybe others. Morgan should have known by now about Supergirl, unless this is a plot hole or there are others we know nothing about at this time.

John Henry Irons is looking to make a comeback.

After the episode, they showed previews and it looks definitely that the series is going to go a darker tone. And John Diggle will be making his debut before season's end.

GentlemanJack

Rising Star
OG Investor
I was telling my bro the other day that I didn't have great expectations for this show but the writing and cinematography have given us a fresh look at an old character. More than I was expecting by far if Supergirl was any indication. I haven't really kept up with Supergirl beyond the second season. Or Batwoman either.

They seemed to be playing Supergirl (at least in the first 2 seasons) as kind of insecure and not as established as a superhero compared to her cousin. I could see them pulling the current storyline into another crossover event. Otherwise Steel alone ain't going to be enough. Guess we will find out July 13th.

Superman and Lois is tentpole material for the CW IMO (I'm hooked!) It ain't enough to get me back on those other 2 shows. I like Legends fun campy misfit vibes and flash is a bit stale but I'm trying to stick with it too.

Are they still doing Stargirl?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Watched this past weeks episode.

It played out ok.

Really looking forward to how Jordan is going to be once Superman frees him from Edge.

I suspect once he comes back and remembers what that power felt like. He might become some trouble next season.

This week will be the season finale.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
that was a good season. i was a little skeptical at first with the whiney ass kids, but they calmed it down. Steel stole the show and that cliffhanger was very unexpected.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Watch Lois Lane attack Leslie Larr in Superman & Lois finale sneak peek

By Sydney Bucksbaum
August 17, 2021 at 03:56 PM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore

00:21
01:15

Superman & Lois (TV Show)

WATCH IT NOW ON
fuboTV, The CW, iTunes, and more options
Pro tip: Don't mess with Lois Lane — or her family.
The iconic intrepid reporter has always been a force of nature in Superman comics, but Elizabeth Tulloch has been taking the character to new heights on the CW's Superman & Lois. And the Kent family matriarch's claws are out now that her son Jordan (Alex Garfin) has been kidnapped by Morgan Edge/Tal-Rho (Adam Rayner), aka Superman's (Tyler Hoechlin) evil half-brother. And EW has your exclusive sneak peek at Tuesday's season 1 finale in which Lois lets out her rage on the only person she can right now: Edge's righthand Kryptonian soldier Leslie Larr (Stacey Farber).
In the exclusive video above, Lois seeks out Leslie, who's currently in D.O.D. custody, to try and find out where Edge took her son. And when Leslie is, well, less than agreeable in giving out any information, Lois gets physical and attacks the trapped Kryptonian.
CREDIT: THE CW
Watching these two powerful and formidable women face off is awesome and a little terrifying, but thankfully Leslie's wearing Kryptonite cuffs — otherwise this confrontation wouldn't end well for Lois. But why does Leslie still act like she's got the upper hand here, Kryptonite cuffs and all? That's... worrisome.

Watch the exclusive video above now before the Superman & Lois season 1 finale airs Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET/PT on the CW.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Superman & Lois boss breaks down
's arrival, Tal-Rho's fate, and more
Showrunner Todd Helbing reveals that Superman's brother Morgan Edge/Tal-Rho almost transformed into another DC Comics villain.
By Chancellor Agard
August 17, 2021 at 10:00 PM EDT

Superman & Lois (TV Show)

WATCH IT NOW ON
fuboTV, The CW, iTunes, and more options
Warning: This article contains spoilers for the season 1 finale of Superman & Lois.
Superman & Lois just staged an unexpected family reunion — and it could have implications for the Arrowverse as a whole.
In the CW super-show's season 1 finale, Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) used the Tel-Loc device to enter an eradicated Jordan's (Alex Garfin) mind and help him overcome Zeta-Rho's possession. Meanwhile, Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) teamed up with Steel, a.k.a John Henry Irons (Wolé Parks), to de-power Morgan Edge/Tal-Rho (Adam Rayner) before he could execute his plan. Once the dust settled, John Henry planned to leave Smallville and reunite with the Earth-Prime version of his sister, but something stopped him in the final moments of the hour: Natalie (Tayler Buck), the daughter he shared with Lois on another Earth, crash-landed on the Smallville farm, which came as a shock to both John Henry and Lois.

Natalie's arrival on Earth-Prime not only raises questions for the Kent family — like, how will Lois handle meeting her daughter from a parallel Earth? — but also for the entire Arrowverse. Does this mean it's once again possible to travel between parallel worlds?
The shared universe's last major crossover, "Crisis on Infinite Earths," ended with all the CW's superhero shows (except Stargirl) moving to one planet, Earth-Prime, and the rebirth of the multiverse (although the Arrowverse heroes are unaware of the latter part). Natalie showing up on Earth-Prime months after her father, who wound up there during/after "Crisis," at least suggests the multiverse could come back into play in the Arrowverse.
Needing answers, EW hopped on the phone with showrunner Todd Helbing to discuss what Natalie's reunion with John Henry could mean for the multiverse, what his plans for Rayner's Tal-Rho are, and more.
Tyler Hoechlin on 'Superman & Lois'

| CREDIT: BETTINA STRAUSS/THE CW
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How much of this finale did you have planned from the beginning of the season? Is there we were always heading, more or less?

TODD HELBING:
At the beginning of the season, you have the big tentpoles. That stuff always changes, though. Inevitably what always happens is that the ideas you had for, let's say, episode 10 get brought up to like episode 4, at least in my experience. (There may be other people out there who can map it out and stick to it.) What happened on this show is when we watched the cut for episode 2, we realized that some stuff wasn't landing. So we did some reshoots and then we did some rewrites, and that sort of trickled down and has this snowball effect. So I think it's vastly different than what we originally thought it would be. Really, the layout of the last five episodes was completely different. We didn't break the last two episodes, I think, until April.
What did you originally think would be the final arc?
It's so broad when you originally sit down to talk about a season. At the time when we were still doing 13 episodes, you still kind of think about it like three acts. There was Edge. We knew that John Henry Irons was going to team up with Superman, and that the whole family would be involved in this fight to save Smallville and the Cushings and all of our characters, but we really didn't know the ins and outs of how it would play.
We know that Wolé Parks wasn't always going to play Steel and was initially cast as a version of Lex Luthor. In terms of Edge, did you always know he was going to be Superman's brother?
When I originally pitched the season, that was always part of it — that we were going to explore this mythology that had never really been done before in live action. But originally…We started doing the Subjekts, right? The Eradicator was brought up pretty early as a potential for Edge, but Daniel Cudmore played Subjekt-11 and so we were going to build up to Subjekt-17. There were different versions where Edge could become Subjekt-17 or other versions of it. But the Eradicator just felt
. Once we started diving into that mythology, it just seemed to work so much better.
Bitise Tulloch and Tyler Hoechlin on 'Superman & Lois'

|
For a period it felt like every superhero thing was drawing on the same '80s era of comics, but now we're starting to see things move away from that. With Superman & Lois, you drew on the '90s with the introductions of Steel, the Eradicator, and even Jordan as a half-human/half-Kryptonian like Superboy. What drew you all to the material from that era?
It always comes from, how are we going to get the most emotion out of this family show? Any way we can loop family into it, that's our primary objective. That's where Edge being his half-brother came from. But there is no specific era, I think, that we necessarily go into breaking episodes or a season thinking about. It's more about there are so many characters in [Superman's world] and we want to avoid some that were used on Supergirl (obviously Morgan Edge was). But it really just comes from: Family is the real motivator, and putting our own spin on [the mythology] for our show.
In the finale, Jordan flies while possessed by Zeta-Rho. Is that a skill he has now, or is that just a one-off?
Well, I think we aren't going to be able to forever do, "Oh, he gets a new power this week," but I think Jordan coming out of the finale is going to be a little bit more confident. Mentally, he defeated Zeta-Rho, which, as Superman says about when Zod was in him, was extremely difficult. The fact that he did that, I think he's going to slowly start to understand how to use the powers he has better and more frequently, and develop some new ones.
How viable is Jordan and Sarah's [Inde Navarrette] relationship if she doesn't know about this major part of his life?
What's always been interesting to us is to have the boys go through things that Clark went through when he lived in Smallville, but the times are just so different from when Clark grew up there. But there are these similar issues. You know, often when you're a teenager and you fall in love for the first time, you're like, "Oh my God, this is the person for me!" [Laughs] And then that doesn't necessarily happen that way. I think Clark and Lois are going to have a lot of opinions about Jordan and revealing too much to Sarah in the next season.
I was surprised Edge survived the finale. Will Adam Rayner return in season 2?
We love Adam Rayner. He's such a great guy, and an amazing actor, so we like this idea that Clark and Tal will have this sort of Thor-Loki relationship. So I think you'll see him again in one way or another.
Wolé Parks on 'Superman & Lois'

| CREDIT: BETTINA STRAUSS/THE CW
"Crisis on Infinite Earths" ended with the multiverse being reborn, but none of the Arrowverse heroes know that it's back. Does Natalie's late arrival in the finale imply that it is once again possible to travel between worlds?
All I'll say is that there are a lot of questions out there right now about the Arrowverse and how it all works and is tied together, and I think in season 2 you get a lot more of those answers.
How early on did you know you wanted to end the season with Natalie arriving on this Earth?
When we started to develop what happened to Lois on [John Henry Irons'] planet, we always knew that he was going to have this redemption story, but the specific pieces of it and how it would unfold, that stuff all came pretty quickly. So we knew that we wanted Nat around pretty soon after we figured out the John Henry story line.
How does her arrival complicate things for the Kent family, especially for Lois?
We get into that in the first episode [of season 2]. The thing that I loved so much about this version of Lois Lane is you see all of her personal struggles and what she's overcome to be who she is, and I think we're going to reveal a lot more of that in season 2. So Nat is certainly a part of that.
In the penultimate episode, Teagan [Kayla Heller] tells Jordan that she moved to Smallville from Central City after her father went to jail. Was that just a harmless nod to The Flash, or is that indicative of future plans for meeting her father?
We'll see. [Laughs] In season 2, the audience will get a lot more answers about how this stuff all works together.
Superman & Lois will return in 2022 on the CW.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The shared universe's last major crossover, "Crisis on Infinite Earths," ended with all the CW's superhero shows (except Stargirl) moving to one planet, Earth-Prime, and the rebirth of the multiverse (although the Arrowverse heroes are unaware of the latter part). Natalie showing up on Earth-Prime months after her father, who wound up there during/after "Crisis," at least suggests the multiverse could come back into play in the Arrowverse.
So i guess Stargirl isnt part of the Arrowverse after all...

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wasn't really impressed with Season 1 of Superman & Lois. For one, what made the Arrowverse special was that it was able to take lesser known DC properties like Green Arrow & Supergirl and make them hits. Another Superman or Batman show just seems like business as usual. On top of that, the writers were blatantly ignoring established about Arrowverse Earth-Prime. We saw on a map that Metropolis was geographically located on the East coast in the Mid-Atlantic, yet in this show, Metropolis and Smallville, Kansas are close enough for the high school football teams to have a regular season rivalry. Also, the suspension of disbelief is beginning to mount up. As I watched the season finale, I'm asking how come nobody is wondering where the hell Clark Kent is? This dude's son got kidnapped, his wife is working with the DoD to get him back, and no one in the town where he grew up noticed him missing? Bullshit.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Watched the season finale earlier this evening.

It played out ok, I think they rushed the Morgan Edge storyline. They should have left it open and continued in the future.

Pretty much all the storylines thru the season was wrapped up.

Kind of looked like Lois was gonna give Steel a pity fuck or at least a deep kiss….but that final scene looks like there is gonna be a little drama between Clark, Lois and Steel and how secure their marriage actually is.

Season 2 has been approved and is expected to debut early 2022. Looking forward to it.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Looking at the trailer they making it clear the season is not about the sons which the first season mainly dealt with.

It’s looking to deal more with Clark/Superman and how things are imploding around him cuz of who he is.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Watched the season premiere last night.

The series is definitely taking a different direction from season one.

Lois has somewhat gotten over the sudden appearance of Natalie and met face to face with her. Natalie had some issues being on this different Earth, but now seems to accept it for now. Hopefully they don’t drag her drama out for the whole season.

The sons were barely in the episode. Jonathan was pure comedy getting ready to smash his girl in his room when Lois walked in on him.

General Lane resigned and his replacement is here and he made it clear he plans on taking a different approach to dealing with Superman. He is using the “SuperKids” General Lane had and forming his own “Supermen of America” program.

And the last scene introduced Doomsday.

It’s going to be a interesting season.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
DC better find a way to bring Stargirl, Naomi and Natasha Irons together.