TV Discussion: New series by Donald Glover - Atlanta UPDATE: FINAL 4th Season Sept 2022!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It just occurred to me that white Earnest might have the same name as Earn...Earnest Marks.

Yup

Notice the white guy in the hotel bar is named Earnest too.

And talking that real talk like the guy on the boat about white responsibility.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Van is very lucky to have a friend like Candice (Adriyan Rae), she stuck by her in spite of her bizarre behavior.

Adriyan Rae was born on October 7th in Seaford, Delaware. When Adriyan went to college she did so in Philadelphia at the University of the Sciences double majoring in Physician Assistant Studies and Medical Laboratory Science. After finishing both degrees and becoming a certified Medical Laboratory Scientist; Adriyan moved to Atlanta where she found her love for acting and started her career in the independent feature, Burning Sands (produced by Netflix). You can now catch her on a slew of television series and movies including Emmy nominated and winning shows like Donald Glover's Atlanta Seasons 2 & 3, Paramount+ The Game as Brittany Pitts, or Chicago Fire as Gianna Mackey. Adriyan is also a recording artist mentored vocally by the Grammy award winning, Mr. Michael Keith of the legendary R&B group 112. Adriyan resides in Los Angeles, California.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Does anybody know who sent Earn that bag in the last scene? And why did it contain a photo of white Earnest, who shot himself in the head and fell in the swimming pool (Episode 4, The Big Payback)? He was a also the "white" ghost in the boat on Lake Lanier (Episode 1, Three Slaps).
It just occurred to me that white Earnest might have the same name as Earn...Earnest Marks.

I read your post last night but didn’t respond.

I wanted to say thank you for the insight because I had no idea who that nigga was! :lol:

Your memory’s definitely better than mine because I’m not remembering muthafucka’s from episodes 1 or if they were on the show and had a small part weeks ago!:lol:

I watched the last scene and knew that they wanted me to know what was in the picture. And I was supposed to know, but I had not idea!

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Van is very lucky to have a friend like Candice (Adriyan Rae), she stuck by her in spite of her bizarre behavior.

Van was lucky to have a friend like her, and I’m trying to be luckier!

rub-hands.gif

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thank you!

Adriyan Rae was born on October 7th in Seaford, Delaware. When Adriyan went to college she did so in Philadelphia at the University of the Sciences double majoring in Physician Assistant Studies and Medical Laboratory Science. After finishing both degrees and becoming a certified Medical Laboratory Scientist; Adriyan moved to Atlanta where she found her love for acting and started her career in the independent feature, Burning Sands (produced by Netflix). You can now catch her on a slew of television series and movies including Emmy nominated and winning shows like Donald Glover's Atlanta Seasons 2 & 3, Paramount+ The Game as Brittany Pitts, or Chicago Fire as Gianna Mackey. Adriyan is also a recording artist mentored vocally by the Grammy award winning, Mr. Michael Keith of the legendary R&B group 112. Adriyan resides in Los Angeles, California.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I read your post last night but didn’t respond.

I wanted to say thank you for the insight because I had no idea who that nigga was! :lol:

Your memory’s definitely better than mine because I’m not remembering muthafucka’s from episodes 1 or if they were on the show and had a small part weeks ago!:lol:

I watched the last scene and knew that they wanted me to know what was in the picture. And I was supposed to know, but I had not idea!
I'll be honest and tell you that the photo at the end had me confused also. I ended up on reddit, and someone posted that info on white Earnest and then I confirmed it by watching the episodes On Demand.

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
Yall are blowing my mind with the connections made with Earn. I was lost in the meaning of that bag and pictures. Thank you all.

*Just a personal observation: I didn't find Van attractive at all with that style of hair in the last episode. Without the fro and similar styles, she just got that regular mixed chick thing happening. :yawn:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yall are blowing my mind with the connections made with Earn. I was lost in the meaning of that bag and pictures. Thank you all.

*Just a personal observation: I didn't find Van attractive at all with that style of hair in the last episode. Without the fro and similar styles, she just got that regular mixed chick thing happening. :yawn:

Zazie-Beetz-Feet-2388464.jpg
ZazieBeetzJoker11.jpg

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Honestly I wasn’t feeling her either. Now at the end of the show when she went back to normal, that’s when she was the most attractive.

That’s just how me and @dugington felt :lol:

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
Honestly I wasn’t feeling her either. Now at the end of the show when she went back to normal, that’s when she was the most attractive.

That’s just how me and @dugington felt :lol:
That's a fact. :lol:

@playahaitian
Those pics you posted made my point. She is just better looking with afrocentric hairstyles. :p
That ole sally-from-yoga-class shit she was rocking last night wasn't my thing.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What does chet Hanks have to do with Atlanta?

He was playing a wight trini boy.... nailin the accent....

but what was really being said on a subliminal level,

Was thats how many of todays tropical wiggers are made...

But that ending scene, sure justified her families feelings

for her at the funeral...

and yea its obvious Chet had a west indian nanny who most likely

sacraficed her family for him...

bruh Atlanta been dropping some real subliminals... this year..

loving the subliminals...

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The wraparound/callback shit with doppelgänger white Earn and what it might or might not mean for the overall season aside —

man!!!!! Another fire episode!

that shit was great. ATLANTA “by way of Candice” literally came to bring yo buggin ass the fuck home

but damn. Van took us for a ride mane lmao

beefin over contra hands for Hannibal meal making

niggas in Paris floodin pee pee boy with that black liquid gold

LUDA! to close it out

this the first season I will go back and actually rewatch. I know it’s some shit that I will enjoy a lot more second time around

cheers to THREE SLAPS! and here-heres to final 4! Coming this fall I hope

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He was playing a wight trini boy.... nailin the accent....

but what was really being said on a subliminal level,

Was thats how many of todays tropical wiggers are made...

But that ending scene, sure justified her families feelings

for her at the funeral...

and yea its obvious Chet had a west indian nanny who most likely

sacraficed her family for him...

bruh Atlanta been dropping some real subliminals... this year..

loving the subliminals...
are they really subliminals tho? seems to be straight forward :dunno: :dunno:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
no
the others -yes
not Chet

oh I dont know.. I was just going by what other folks were saying

he corny as fuck to me.. like the artist snow... Im like..

who the fuck given these dudes passes... personally I thought tom

hanks son nailed the scene but thats because atlanta is so well directed...

I still think he is corny as fuck... but that show had me thinkin..

I knew a trini lady just like that.. cool as fuck, generous too...

she was a nanny back in the day, and never ever stops talkin about

the little nannyettes she used to nanny for.. she talked about them

waaaaaaaay more than she talked about her own children..

and she LOVED her children... but chea I always thought he was

corny.... he just happend to be funny this time...

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, y'all mfkrs talking about Earn and some bags had me lost. I didn't "watch" a TV recording, all my links ended with ole girl pissing while looking at the Eifle Tower.....(beautiful yet sad at the same time)

Finally found a link with nearly 2 extra minutes....

So A) all this shit was in the same "timeline."

And 2, who the fuck was Earnest Marks?!?!...

Like, I know he was the dude from the "dream" to open the season and then "The Big Payback," ..... but damn they were connected by more than just name, right?!

And finally Van......bruh, I spent 90% of the episode saying out loud, "yo, what the fuck is going on?! How did we(Van) get here?"

Aye man, this season wasn't perfect, but damn it was entertaining and thought-provoking as fuck!!

Very Solid A, highly fucking recommend

Last edited: