TV Discussion: New series by Donald Glover - Atlanta UPDATE: FINAL 4th Season Sept 2022!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man, y'all mfkrs talking about Earn and some bags had me lost. I didn't "watch" a TV recording, all my links ended with ole girl pissing while looking at the Eifle Tower.....(beautiful yet sad at the same time)

Finally found a link with nearly 2 extra minutes....

So A) all this shit was in the same "timeline."

And 2, who the fuck was Earnest Marks?!..Mark's?!...

No, I know he was the dude from the "dream" to open the season and then "The Big Payback," ..... but damn they were connected by more than just name, right?! And Van......bruh, I spent 90% of the episode saying out loud, "yo, what the fuck is going on?! How did we(Van) get here?"

Aye man, this season wasn't perfect, but damn it was entertaining and thought-provoking as fuck!!

Very Solid A, highly fucking recommend

Well said

Give Me 3ft.

The Supreme Being
Platinum Member
just started watching this, this week from season 1.im on season 2 now.
This shit is trash!
characters are irritating.
He's trying to hard to be provocative and get you to see...something I guess..
I've never listened to or heard a childish Gambino song..
This shit is hard to watch.
Whatever he's trying to convey,I don't get it.
this shit ain't funny, introspective, witty, it's
Just a whole bunch of nothing!
someone suggested that I watch.
They did season 3 was really good, but damn, season 1 and so far 2 is like the biggest waste of time...
Wtf am I watching...I couldn't even finish the episode I'm on. The one where homie goes to get the piano...garbage!

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, y'all mfkrs talking about Earn and some bags had me lost. I didn't "watch" a TV recording, all my links ended with ole girl pissing while looking at the Eifle Tower.....(beautiful yet sad at the same time)

Finally found a link with nearly 2 extra minutes....

So A) all this shit was in the same "timeline."

And 2, who the fuck was Earnest Marks?!..Mark's?!...

No, I know he was the dude from the "dream" to open the season and then "The Big Payback," ..... but damn they were connected by more than just name, right?! And Van......bruh, I spent 90% of the episode saying out loud, "yo, what the fuck is going on?! How did we(Van) get here?"

Aye man, this season wasn't perfect, but damn it was entertaining and thought-provoking as fuck!!

Very Solid A, highly fucking recommend

Go to about the 13:45 mark, and he explains talks about Earnest or "E" in this episode (You already ready know that "Earn" is the nickname for Earnest Marks).

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I may be stating the obvious, but that Luda song is called Splash Waterfalls, and it was a helluva compliment to the ending with ol girl pissing on dude.

Broad said she had 2 bottles of Perrier (right?) So she was anxious to get it going

And then ole boy seemingly choking.....I was like "oh shit!" Out LOUD...

I just thought she was gonna piss on the mfkrs stomach..........lawd

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
atlanta.png

:roflmao2::roflmao2:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ok....so we're not gonna talk about how secure in her blackness Van had a psychiatric break and went to europe, assumed the persona of a french white woman and despite there being plenty of POC there she was partying with and fucking the weirdest white men all over the continent??

what subliminal was that??

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Bro you already know I been known

I tell fools go back and watch red and meth prank show where he spit fire on a busted loop of a choking frog

But does he get routinely mentioned in all time mc debates?

3k casts too loong a shadow in those debates...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
3k casts too loong a shadow in those debates...

Yeah bro

I hear you

That dude just...

Yeah.

Sidebar....

I can't even have rap debates no more

It's absurdity

Either it's Biggie is over rated there are no good female rappers ever or Tribe was wack or never ever mentioning Pun or anyone from the Bay in rap mc debates

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Broad said she had 2 bottles of Perrier (right?) So she was anxious to get it going

And then ole boy seemingly choking.....I was like "oh shit!" Out LOUD...

I just thought she was gonna piss on the mfkrs stomach..........lawd
I knew shit was goin down when nigga lied down and opened his mouth just before the cut/tilt up to her

lotta conscious water themes in this season from jump

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Yall are blowing my mind with the connections made with Earn. I was lost in the meaning of that bag and pictures. Thank you all.

*Just a personal observation: I didn't find Van attractive at all with that style of hair in the last episode. Without the fro and similar styles, she just got that regular mixed chick thing happening. :yawn:
I knew she was doing Amélie and it instantly had me wanting to smash raw inside the Sacre Cour. They really used the city in a beautiful way this episode.
amelie_creme.gif

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
also revealed Van used to strip
I knew she was doing Amélie and it instantly had me wanting to smash raw inside the Sacre Cour. They really used the city in a beautiful way this episode.
amelie_creme.gif

Yeah but the thing I'm getting at is that this season is steeped in racial/socio commentary to a degree thats probably deeper than previous seasons.

We've seen white people at various points in the show take on aspects of blackness and we laff at it :giggle: or roll our eyes at it :rolleyes2:.. of course they wanna be cool like us. Of course they want the swag we have. Of course the very nature of our being enriches their lives to such a degree that they are enamored with all things Negro!

But in Van's story line we see what that looks like in the opposite direction. Van gets stressed out and expresses "white women's type of problems" (WHO AM I?? :hmm:) and immediately defaults to her idea of "cool"....which apparently is a french white woman. Then literally goes to europe and proceeds to live the life a french woman even affecting an accent, having sex with european men and everything. And you know what our reaction to that was....

night-crickets.gif

there were at least 3 pages on the trini to the bone episode where we saw white children doing that and we were all

thats-some-funny-shit-thats-funny.gif

LOuHu98.gif

and yet...

Van-in-Vespa.jpg

nothing on this???

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah but the thing I'm getting at is that this season is steeped in racial/socio commentary to a degree thats probably deeper than previous seasons.

We've seen white people at various points in the show take on aspects of blackness and we laff at it :giggle: or roll our eyes at it :rolleyes2:.. of course they wanna be cool like us. Of course they want the swag we have. Of course the very nature of our being enriches their lives to such a degree that they are enamored with all things Negro!

But in Van's story line we see what that looks like in the opposite direction. Van gets stressed out and expresses "white women's type of problems" (WHO AM I?? :hmm:) and immediately defaults to her idea of "cool"....which apparently is a french white woman. Then literally goes to europe and proceeds to live the life a french woman even affecting an accent, having sex with european men and everything. And you know what our reaction to that was....

night-crickets.gif

there were at least 3 pages on the trini to the bone episode where we saw white children doing that and we were all

LOuHu98.gif

and yet...

Van-in-Vespa.jpg

nothing on this???
S. Carter. The Black Album. Track 3…
man!!!!! Another fire episode!

that shit was great. ATLANTA “by way of Candice” literally came to bring yo buggin ass the fuck home

but damn. Van took us for a ride mane lmao

beefin over contra hands for Hannibal meal making

niggas in Paris floodin pee pee boy with that black liquid gold

LUDA! to close it out

haven’t seen Amelie in 20 years but I wonder if the piss thing has any connection to a line from the flick where one character says “someone (your daddy) must have pissed in your mother” as a snap on a character being Gump-y

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
S. Carter. The Black Album. Track 3…

haven’t seen Amelie in 20 years but I wonder if the piss thing has any connection to a line from the flick where one character says “someone (your daddy) must have pissed in your mother” as a snap on a character being Gump-y
whats YOUR take on it?

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
SMH at Vanessa and her semi nervous breakdown
What was worse the golden shower or the Hannibal Lecter dinner?
Yeah her Atlanta friend Candice was beautiful and then some but "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him? " - Obi- Wan Kenobi

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

night-crickets.gif

LOuHu98.gif

and yet...

Van-in-Vespa.jpg

nothing on this???
face-with-eyebrows-lowered-and-mouth-angled-to-the-side-emoji.png

3_Hands-square640-v3.jpg

Alexander_Skarsgard_%2829485267411%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

170111-crocker-golden-showers-tease_uqqbs8.jpg

Baguette.gif

DelayedOldKakapo-size_restricted.gif