Tulsa King - New Series Starring Sylvester Stallone On Paramount+

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Tulsa King
Debuts November 13, 2022

I will be checking this one out.

Synopsis

Tulsa King follows New York mafia capo Dwight “The General” Manfredi (Stallone), after he is released from prison after 25 years and is unceremoniously exiled by his boss to set up shop in Tulsa, Okla.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
‘Tulsa King’: Dana Delany Joins Taylor Sheridan Series That Stars Sylvester Stallone

Delany will play Margaret, an affluent and influential equestrian and owner of a sprawling horse farm and animal preserve. She is a formidable presence and a trustee of the Annie Oakley Society.

Tulsa King follows New York mafia capo Dwight “The General” Manfredi (Stallone), after he is released from prison after 25 years and is unceremoniously exiled by his boss to set up shop in Tulsa, Okla. Realizing that his mob family may not have his best interests in mind, Dwight slowly builds a crew from a group of unlikely characters to help him establish a new criminal empire in a place that to him might as well be another planet

96dd47ffd48465acde6fde5ed87abb90.jpg

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Tulsa King
Debuts November 13, 2022

I will be checking this one out.

Synopsis

Tulsa King follows New York mafia capo Dwight “The General” Manfredi (Stallone), after he is released from prison after 25 years and is unceremoniously exiled by his boss to set up shop in Tulsa, Okla.

Damn. I got Paramount+ and only heard about it and seen a trailer for this this morning :yes::yes::yes:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
In the new Paramount+ series "Tulsa King," Sylvester Stallone stars as an aging New York mafioso fresh out of prison who finds himself setting up a new criminal organization on the plains of Oklahoma. Stallone talked with correspondent Lee Cowan about his first foray into television; the enduring power of "Rocky"; and how he's matured into a new style of acting.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Episodes 1 and 2

Watched these two this morning. Not gonna spoil it for those who have not seen it.

The series gets right into it before the opening credits giving a brief backstory of Dwight as he is getting ready to leave prison in episode 1.

After getting out it proceeds with him getting back with NY Mob and getting his new orders. Along with Dwight giving insight on his history with the Family. The way the Boss handled shit was kind of Fucked up. It’s obvious they need him more than he needs them, but for whatever reason they did not come out and tell him. We should find out why the real decision to send him to Tulsa in the future.

First episode mainly deals with Dwight first arriving in Tulsa and getting himself adjusted and grounded in his new environment. Along with him getting adjusted from being in prison for 25 years to the new world around him dealing with technology and social changes.

We are shown how he has a talent with getting people comfortable around him.

Racism is dealt in a good way and not preachy.

There is also some primary supporting character introduction in the first episode.

Episode 2 continues with Dwight’s character development along with supporting character introduction/story development.

The series is put out by Taylor Sheridan. He is the guy doing the Paramount+ “Yellowstone” show universe. At this time no word if this series is in the same universe as Yellowstone.

The premise has a somewhat flow to “Breaking Bad” and “Better Call Saul” with tongue in cheek humor.

There will be 10 episodes in total taking it into January 2023.

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor
Episodes 1 and 2

Watched these two this morning. Not gonna spoil it for those who have not seen it.

The series gets right into it before the opening credits giving a brief backstory of Dwight as he is getting ready to leave prison in episode 1.

After getting out it proceeds with him getting back with NY Mob and getting his new orders. Along with Dwight giving insight on his history with the Family. The way the Boss handled shit was kind of Fucked up. It’s obvious they need him more than he needs them, but for whatever reason they did not come out and tell him. We should find out why the real decision to send him to Tulsa in the future.

First episode mainly deals with Dwight first arriving in Tulsa and getting himself adjusted and grounded in his new environment. Along with him getting adjusted from being in prison for 25 years to the new world around him dealing with technology and social changes.

There is also some primary supporting character introduction in the first episode.

Episode 2 continues with Dwight’s character development along with supporting character introduction/story development.

The series is put out by Taylor Sheridan. He is the guy doing the Paramount+ “Yellowstone” show universe. At this time no word if this series is in the same universe as Yellowstone.

The premise has a somewhat flow to “Breaking Bad” and “Better Call Saul” with tongue in cheek humor.

In your opinion would you recommend this show? I havent checked it out yet looks promising tho.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Only watched one episode. It reminded me a little bit of Lilyhammer, with a mobster being in a new setting starting from scratch.

It was alright, but I didn’t like how easy it was for Sly to set up shop in a new city with damn near ZERO support, making the locals looks like gullible dummies.

I’ll check out episode two tonight but if the rest of the series goes like episode one, the novelty of seeing Sly in a fish out of water mob show may wear off.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
In your opinion would you recommend this show? I havent checked it out yet looks promising tho.

It’s starting out slow burn.

The shit with him coming out of prison dealing with the world is predictable.

We haven’t had the “official” bad guy debut yet. When that happens it should pick up in pace.

Right now it’s a hit/miss until it picks up.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Only watched one episode. It reminded me a little bit of Lilyhammer, with a mobster being in a new setting starting from scratch.

It was alright, but I didn’t like how easy it was for Sly to set up shop in a new city with damn near ZERO support, making the locals looks like gullible dummies.

I’ll check out episode two tonight but if the rest of the series goes like episode one, the novelty of seeing Sly in a fish out of water mob show may wear off.

Agreed. But I enjoyed it

Well acted well written fast

But I just read this....

Wtf is Sly up to?

Or is the media blowing his comments out of proportion?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Episodes 1 and 2

Sheridan wrote the pilot in 3 days

o_O

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sly seems like a guy you can sit down and have a cold beef with and chop it up with. Besides I'm sure Michael B Jordan would deny your claim.
Yeah, this is how I remember him, peep your boy Sly using the n-word.....

Last edited:

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, this is how I remember him, peep your boy Sly using the n-word.....

This does not mean he's racist I hear white dudes in the hood calling each other the n-word and mexican dudes doing the same. People need to stop relating the n-word to just being about someone who is black cause times have changed it's worded different now.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This does not mean he's racist I hear white dudes in the hood calling each other the n-word and mexican dudes doing the same. People need to stop relating the n-word to just being about someone who is black cause times have changed it's worded different now.
I see your Jedi move, you're not slick. Instead of Sly Stallone being responsible for his racist behavior, you're attempting to relate it to White people saying the N-word to their Black friends socially then you attempted to say that the n-word shouldn't be related to a racial group.

Whheeeew, those are some mental gymnastics you had to go through to not allow Sly Stallone to take responsibility for his racism.

Hence, exhibit one: You are defending White racism by minimizing it. I see you.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I see your Jedi move, you're not slick. Instead of Sly Stallone being responsible for his racist behavior, you're attempting to relate it to White people saying the N-word to their Black friends socially then you attempted to say that the n-word shouldn't be related to a racial group.

Whheeeew, those are some mental gymnastics you had to go through to not allow Sly Stallone to take responsibility for his racism.

Hence, exhibit one: You are defending White racism by minimizing it. I see you.
Dude I explained to you that times have changed other groups call each other the n-word too now it's not just a black thing I don't see how you can't get this through your thick head.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude I explained to you that times have changed other groups call each other the n-word too now it's not just a black thing I don't see how you can't get this through your thick head.
Exhibit two: More defending of White Racism by minimizing it. Now you're doubling down on your previous point.

Again, there has been no mentioning of Sly Stallone being responsible for his racism.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exhibit two: More defending of White Racism by minimizing it. Now you're doubling down on your previous point.

Again, there has been no mentioning of Sly Stallone being responsible for his racism.
I need you to stop calling him racist I explained to you how the world is now but you seem to just don't get it. Dude you are too stuck in the past.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I need you to stop calling him racist I explained to you how the world is now but you seem to just don't get it. Dude you are too stuck in the past.
Exhibit three: More defending of White Racism, however this time the tactic changes. The new tactic is saying that racism is in the past; again, minimizing racism again.

Instead of addressing the racist behavior of Sly Stallone, you're using more mental gymnastics to absolve him.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Might be worth a look. Stallone was pretty good in the movie Get Carter. But that was 22 years ago and Sly is 76 now. Who knows maybe he can pull it off. :hmm:

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not a action hero movie so it's the perfect fit for him at 76.

Get Carter wasn't an action hero movie either and the plots seem similar. If the producers and Stallone can make it seem plausible that a 76 old man can beat up his rivals with ease it might be entertaining and worth the price of admission. If Sly can't pull it off you may be shaking your fist at your TV screen.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Get Carter wasn't an action hero movie either and the plots seem similar. If the producers and Stallone can make it seem plausible that a 76 old man can beat up his rivals with ease it might be entertaining and worth the price of admission. If Sly can't pull it off you may be shaking your fist at your TV screen.

Hollywood is doing a good job with Jeff Bridges running around like “John Wick”.

Folks believe this show.

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZXJpZXMvYTU1NDg5ZjctNzdlYi00NDczLWIxNmItMWJiN2FhMzIzN2QyLmpwZw==