Triple header tonight

mumra

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You ain't never lied!!! What the fuck did Berto prove tonight, now watch him interview like he just beat Floyd or some shit. I hope Larry calls him on this bullshit!!!

say what dey want but vodka breath keeps it funky lol!!!

mumra

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A guy that fought at 150 and a guy fighting at 135 doesn't sound appealing to me. It isn't a rubber match either. JMM has not beaten Manny yet. Plus I think a bigger and stronger Cotto makes for an appealing match with Manny. The drama of the first beatdown will be his motivation to redeem himself. I like it. I would take that or Sergio next for Manny. Remember this fight with JMM is at 135. That is light years away from Manny right now. I can't understand how anyone would want to see a lightweight fight someone so much bigger. We all clowned PBF. Well maybe I did for what I called a farce when he fought JMM. The same rules apply if he fought Manny. It would be worst than a catchweight fight. I would be a joke.

jmm walked into the ring at about the same if not more by a pound what manny weighed in b4 hydrating 4 margarito...and like steward said b4 it aint like he fighting a new style or person

mumra

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am not interested in seeing manny fight at 140. I like him to either fight at 147 or 154. I hope that is consistent enough for yall, lol. Does anyone think Manny is going to go down in weight to fight a guy he has already beaten?

here is what i want to know. we not promoters or in the boxing business..but do you really feel like manny won both fights? forget what the decision was/announced. that is why people care because of what they saw and how pac went this way, and guided right and carfully also.

mumra

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He already said about a month ago that he's moving up to 140. I've been hearing this slipping shit literally for years and all he keeps doing is winning and ko'ing dudes. I was watching a fight of his where he was 32 and they were talking slippage before the fight - after the fight it was "he's as good as he ever was". Ya'll niccas are just full of excuses. You're also forgetting that Katsidis was the bigger stronger guy, a natural lightweight, he pushed Marquez back physically, but whenever he got close Marquez was eating him for lunch. He landed over half his power connects and had landed over 200 punches halfway through the fight.

:yes: word

mumra

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He already said about a month ago that he's moving up to 140. I've been hearing this slipping shit literally for years and all he keeps doing is winning and ko'ing dudes. I was watching a fight of his where he was 32 and they were talking slippage before the fight - after the fight it was "he's as good as he ever was". Ya'll niccas are just full of excuses. You're also forgetting that Katsidis was the bigger stronger guy, a natural lightweight, he pushed Marquez back physically, but whenever he got close Marquez was eating him for lunch. He landed over half his power connects and had landed over 200 punches halfway through the fight.

:yes: word

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Which one of those fights was supposed to be "easy"? Even in the Clottey fight people were like "Clottey's big and strong, what's Pac gonna do when he can't hurt him" etc. When he fought Hatton, all the talk was about how nice Hatton was hitting the pads and how Mayweather Sr had transmitted black slickness to him. No one anticipated Pac obliterating him like that. The general consensus wasn't that any of those fights were just going to be easy Pac blowouts.

C'mon Z. Pacquiao was the overwhelming favorite in each of those fights and won each one how he was expected to with the only surprise, to me, was DLH actually coming in at 147 (HUGE mistake). But he was expected to dominate Clottey and Margarito and did so. He was expected to knock out Hatton (who everyone thought was the perfect opponent for him) and he did so.

and why does this article says EASILY the biggest box office attraction when he doesnt even sell more than Floyd :confused:

I saw that same shit on a Yahoo! article and I couldn't understand it. He doesn't even have the biggest fight this year and hasn't outsold Floyd at any point.
The funny thing about the Yahoo! article was reading them talk about how many buys he's sold over the last couple years (considerable, no question) but they failed to mention Floyd-Shane doing 1.4 mil this year. They had me so shook, I thought I remembered the shit wrong and had to look it up.

I would actually like to see the Marquez fight..but i dont think it will happen...too difficult of a fight...Arum will put him in front of someone slow-footed because he is still hoping for a mayweather fight

:yes:

That is a very irrelevant question. The original premise is how they would match up against EACH OTHER..not about how they would match up against a list of other fighters. That completely changes the dynamics. Everyone on that list were slow-footer fighters that sat in front of Pacman and were not defensive oriented counterpunchers...which Manny struggles with more than any other style.

So I still have a question as to how much Manny has really improved because he is being matched up with opponents that put a shine on his strengths.

I have stated for a while that Manny APPEARS to have improved a lot...but until he fights a defensive oriented counterpuncher who is also quick...I am not 100 percent sold.

Maybe he would beat Marquez convincingly....but his last 4 fights are not any proof of that since those fighters are completely different fighters than Marquez.

And, as Max Kellerman pointed out, they have been the right kinds of opponents for him to look good against.
Now he wants to fight Shane but wanted no parts of Shane last year. Fuck them for that.
lampley da funkmasterflex of boxing! dickriding idiot!

:lol::lol::lol:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Is Pac even rated at 140 anymore?

Was he rated at 154? Legitimately?

Also, JMM should get into that hot mix at 140. He's closer to Bradley, Khan, Maidana, and all those dudes. Shit, that's a young man's division right there. If JMM has truly still got it, he should get a title off of one of those guys and a fight against Pac would be even more spectacular.

If Arum's going to bitch out (if they put a contract in front of Pac with JMM's name on it, I'm sure he would sign so it's the promoter that's full of shit), JMM should get some of that good 140 money. Good fights all of them.

merce77

Star
Registered
Was he rated at 154? Legitimately?

If Arum's going to bitch out (if they put a contract in front of Pac with JMM's name on it, I'm sure he would sign so it's the promoter that's full of shit), JMM should get some of that good 140 money. Good fights all of them.

He wanted Amir Khan a couple months ago. Y'know what Amir said? Marquez wanted too much money!! :lol::lol::lol::(:angry: Who the fuck does this kid think he is? He hasn't sold ONE pay per view event here in the states. I mean shit even Marquez/Diaz 2 did about 200,00 and nobody gave a fuck about that fight. I think as soon as they mentioned Marquez, Freddie tapped him on the shoulder and silently shook his head like "nah sun, you ain't ready yet my young padawan".:lol: And he wants to fight Floyd though.:roflmao::hmm:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
He wanted Amir Khan a couple months ago. Y'know what Amir said? Marquez wanted too much money!! :lol::lol::lol::(:angry: Who the fuck does this kid think he is? He hasn't sold ONE pay per view event here in the states. I mean shit even Marquez/Diaz 2 did about 200,00 and nobody gave a fuck about that fight. I think as soon as they mentioned Marquez, Freddie tapped him on the shoulder and silently shook his head like "nah sun, you ain't ready yet my young padawan".:lol:

You know that's what happened:D. How does a Boxing After Dark muhfucka try to dictate terms to a known ppv quantity? The kid has good skills but he's damn sure not ready for Marquez.

And he wants to fight Floyd though.:roflmao::hmm:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Of course he does because he knows it'll never happen.

merce77

Star
Registered
You know that's what happened:D. How does a Boxing After Dark muhfucka try to dictate terms to a known ppv quantity? The kid has good skills but he's damn sure not ready for Marquez.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Of course he does because he knows it'll never happen.

It actually could, they've known each other a long time, and I even heard Mayweather say that he'd love to fight in England at Wembley or some shit. It would be a decent fight in a couple of years but by then Floyd will be what 34 or 35. I also think Amir has skils but he needs to concentrate on establishing himself as the best 140lb'er, there's a lot of comp there.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
It actually could, they've known each other a long time, and I even heard Mayweather say that he'd love to fight in England at Wembley or some shit. It would be a decent fight in a couple of years but by then Floyd will be what 34 or 35. I also think Amir has skils but he needs to concentrate on establishing himself as the best 140lb'er, there's a lot of comp there.

Floyd trying to get those euros while they're valuable,huh?

He might be game for it but GB is not sacrificing their (hopefully) next big star for a on-the-way-out Floyd Mayweather, who doesn't even work for them.

merce77

Star
Registered
Floyd trying to get those euros while they're valuable,huh?

He might be game for it but GB is not sacrificing their (hopefully) next big star for a on-the-way-out Floyd Mayweather, who doesn't even work for them.

I don't know man....

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer reportedly has interest in putting together a fight between Floyd Mayweather and Amir Khan, should Khan get by a very real test against Marcos Maidana in December.

“It’s in that same sense of putting big fights together,” Schaefer told BoxingScene.com in regards to the fight. “If you have Amir Khan who is going to clean up the 140-pound division and be the last man standing there. with his speed and power I can imagine this is a fight fans want to see.”

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
C'mon Z. Pacquiao was the overwhelming favorite in each of those fights and won each one how he was expected to with the only surprise, to me, was DLH actually coming in at 147 (HUGE mistake). But he was expected to dominate Clottey and Margarito and did so. He was expected to knock out Hatton (who everyone thought was the perfect opponent for him) and he did so.

Dave, I think its a waste. I'm questioning if he can even read based on his last post.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I don't know man....

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer reportedly has interest in putting together a fight between Floyd Mayweather and Amir Khan, should Khan get by a very real test against Marcos Maidana in December.

“It’s in that same sense of putting big fights together,” Schaefer told BoxingScene.com in regards to the fight. “If you have Amir Khan who is going to clean up the 140-pound division and be the last man standing there. with his speed and power I can imagine this is a fight fans want to see.”

That's the qualifier, being the last man standing at 140 out of himself, Alexander, Bradley, Maidana, and possibly JMM. That would take at least two years and it's unlikely Mayweather's around in two years, especially if he can get that Manny payday in 2011.
But if Khan does do that, I would then be interested in a possible fight with him and Floyd or Manny.
Dave, I think its a waste. I'm questioning if he can even read based on his last post.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

I just don't remember anyone serious thinking Manny wasn't going to dominate each of those fights with the exception of DLH and even then, that was based on Oscar being around 154-160 the night of the fight and he was still expected to win.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I just don't remember anyone serious thinking Manny wasn't going to dominate each of those fights with the exception of DLH and even then, that was based on Oscar being around 154-160 the night of the fight and he was still expected to win.

It was the opposite on this board. The majority of people on this board called for Manny to beat all those guys to pieces. Yes, there were random voices of caution but the rest of us would call it as it happened.

Unless we are talking about the Cotto fight but if you go back to Merce's comments that started this part of the discussion, he left Cotto out. Zef is bugging as usual and he should stick to his fake ass boxing articles cause his delusions are way better than his actual boxing commentary.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Some of you guys are amazing. Yes he was the favorite but people had reason to believe he also could lose against antonio. http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...10-reasons-he-could-lose-to-antonio-margarito

There was always a chance. There were people that thought cotto was going to be him too. And ricky was fight at 140. A weight he dominated. Way to funny.

You can't read.... no one is talking about the Cotto fight.

Any boxer can lose and thats why these bs articles are released before every big fight showing how the underdog can win, but both Margarito and Hatton were overrated pieces of shits that were bound to lose. I stated it on this board both times that neither of them had any chance of winning.

If Mosley fights Pac they will post that same article with reasons why Mosley can win. I guess that even after we all said Shane will get beat into retirement, that will be a tough fight too because some clown writes an article.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
It was the opposite on this board. The majority of people on this board called for Manny to beat all those guys to pieces. Yes, there were random voices of caution but the rest of us would call it as it happened.

Unless we are talking about the Cotto fight but if you go back to Merce's comments that started this part of the discussion, he left Cotto out. Zef is bugging as usual and he should stick to his fake ass boxing articles cause his delusions are way better than his actual boxing commentary.

While he was favored in the Cotto fight, that was the one where he was expected to be challenged the most. I actually give him more credit for the Hatton fight, as Hatton had never lost in that division and there was none of Roach's matchmaking chicanery involved, just the two best jr. welters in the world fighting.

Any boxer can lose and thats why these bs articles are released before every big fight showing how the underdog can win, but both Margarito and Hatton were overrated pieces of shits that were bound to lose. I stated it on this board both times that neither of them had any chance of winning. You did and no one disagreed, to my memory.
If Mosley fights Pac they will post that same article with reasons why Mosley can win. I guess that even after we all said Shane will get beat into retirement, that will be a tough fight too because some clown writes an article.

There's always some writer hedging so if the upset comes off, he looks like a genius but why must we even pretend that anything less than what happened was expected? Check the articles and responses when the fights were announced for the real mood of boxing writers. By fight time, everyone's on the bandwagon.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
While he was favored in the Cotto fight, that was the one where he was expected to be challenged the most. I actually give him more credit for the Hatton fight, as Hatton had never lost in that division and there was none of Roach's matchmaking chicanery involved, just the two best jr. welters in the world fighting.

There's always some writer hedging so if the upset comes off, he looks like a genius but why must we even pretend that anything less than what happened was expected? Check the articles and responses when the fights were announced for the real mood of boxing writers. By fight time, everyone's on the bandwagon.

Fuck Hatton

Prime example of why I clown Buk so much. He pulls a generic article out of his ass to support this bullshit argument over the Margarito/Pacman fight.

Yet, he is one of the main ones who says he wasn't impressed with Floyds performance against Marquez, and that Floyd was supposed to KO Marquez and all this other bull shit.... but if you follow his dumb ass logic that Floyds performance should have been a shock because of this article http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5873408 and then read the comments about how Marquez was going to KO Floyd in less then 7 rounds and so on.

Or better yet, the Hatton/Floyd fight http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=12422&more=1

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Any boxer can lose and thats why these bs articles are released before every big fight showing how the underdog can win, but both Margarito and Hatton were overrated pieces of shits that were bound to lose. I stated it on this board both times that neither of them had any chance of winning.

Yeah, we were talking about Cotto too, for your information. You're just an ignorant punk piece of shit and I would love to meet you and beat the shit out of your little ass. I knew you were a little bitch after you caught feelings and put me in your sig. That was just gay and you made yourself look like a real bitch. I must have made you cry or something. I was very surprised that I could have such an effect on you and I realized that you must be a teenager or a very immature adult.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
And Manny does too apparently. And lol at you trying to say Marquez has been fighting easy fights. WTF do you think Margarito and Clottey and DLH and Hatton were for Manny.

reading_is_fundamental__24180_zoom.jpg

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Some of you guys are amazing. Yes he was the favorite but people had reason to believe he also could lose against antonio. http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...10-reasons-he-could-lose-to-antonio-margarito

There was always a chance. There were people that thought cotto was going to be him too. And ricky was fight at 140. A weight he dominated. Way to funny.

Talk about revisionist history. I guess everyone knew all along that Pac was gonna KO Hatton in two, make Oscar quit on his stool, etc. We must have some psychics in here.

merce77

Star
Registered
Talk about revisionist history. I guess everyone knew all along that Pac was gonna KO Hatton in two, make Oscar quit on his stool, etc. We must have some psychics in here.

You need to go back and pull the BGOL discussions on those fights from the archives. Maybe you were delusional about Manny not being able to beat any of those guys except Cotto but I wasn't. Hatton had been slipping for a while and NEVER had a chin or defense. As much boxing as I've watched and experienced why would I pick Hatton over Manny?!?!? What are you smoking?:smh: We on this board had been saying Oscar was shot the fight before Manny when he fought Forbes and looked like he'd been in a war. You and Buk over there don't tend to remember this since your opinions usually differ so much from ours. We're not pshycis, we couldn't give you specifics like your quote above is, but to say that we didn't know Manny was gonna win would be lying. The only fight I wasn't sure of was Cotto. I really thought Cotto had a chance but he got owned after 2 beatdowns from Clottey and Margarito and no break.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You need to go back and pull the BGOL discussions on those fights from the archives. Maybe you were delusional about Manny not being able to beat any of those guys except Cotto but I wasn't. Hatton had been slipping for a while and NEVER had a chin or defense. As much boxing as I've watched and experienced why would I pick Hatton over Manny?!?!? What are you smoking?:smh: We on this board had been saying Oscar was shot the fight before Manny when he fought Forbes and looked like he'd been in a war. You and Buk over there don't tend to remember this since your opinions usually differ so much from ours. We're not pshycis, we couldn't give you specifics like your quote above is, but to say that we didn't know Manny was gonna win would be lying. The only fight I wasn't sure of was Cotto. I really thought Cotto had a chance but he got owned after 2 beatdowns from Clottey and Margarito and no break.

First of all, what I highlighted is part of the problem. As much as you guys like to go on and on with comments about people needing to learn how to read, the truth is you guys tend to distort what is said. I think you guys do this purposely. Whatever. Most of you guys are so busy trying to disagree with me, that you don't even realize when we agree on the same shit. For example, Cotto. I've been saying Cotto was damaged goods since before he fought Clottey. I remember getting into a back and forth with the ignorant one (Alaskan) where he swore that Cotto didn't have to be damaged after the Margarito beatdown. I've never felt Cotto was the same and I don't think Pac fought the best or a prime Cotto. My statements are well documented. However, this doesn't change the fact that despite what I or YOU think, Cotto and the other fights were not considered just EASY fights where Pac would just easily beatdown the competition the way he did.

As you can plainly see if you go back in the posts, I never said that Manny would not be able to beat any of those guys you mentioned. I said, Manny was the favorite but those were not considered EASY fights when they were made. For this very reason, the EASE with which Manny dispatched of these guys was fucking surprising for almost everybody and when I say everybody I am not restricting my comment to BGOL members. The fact that Manny made these fights EASY was surprising to fans and experts everywhere, justified or not. This is a fact! I don't really see how you can argue with that reality.

Manny's performances were so dominant and surprisingly easy that all of these steroids allegations were being made. If Pac had been going life and death with these guys and winning by close decisions, do you think this whole steroid thing would even be an issue? Of course not. The ending results were surprising because Pac made these DIFFICULT fights EASY. If they were EASY to begin with, no one would have given a FUCK.

Last edited:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

This clown can't even read the thread we are in. The lame and the other one spend too much time regurgitating bull shit articles to think for themselves and put together legitimate arguments to support these opinions.

He wants to shift the argument to the most extreme. Now we are suppose to pick rounds like Ali. When in reality if I say Margarito only has a 5% chance of winning the implication is that the fight won't even be close but I'll give him the punchers chance. I didn't say he would lose every round but i did say he would lose worse than Cotto. I mean damn what are these idiots trying to do?

:lol: @ a middle aged phony internet reporter trying to make gangster threats over the web. Put that effort into your argument and you might get some respect.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This clown can't even read the thread we are in. The lame and the other one spend too much time regurgitating bull shit articles to think for themselves and put together legitimate arguments to support these opinions.

He wants to shift the argument to the most extreme. Now we are suppose to pick rounds like Ali. When in reality if I say Margarito only has a 5% chance of winning the implication is that the fight won't even be close but I'll give him the punchers chance. I didn't say he would lose every round but i did say he would lose worse than Cotto. I mean damn what are these idiots trying to do?

:lol: @ a middle aged phony internet reporter trying to make gangster threats over the web. Put that effort into your argument and you might get some respect.

Are you able to afford cable yet or are you still begging people for downloads so you can watch the fights? Your broke punk ass needs to get a real job so you can see a fight live at least once in your lifetime. Did you move out of your mother's house yet? Ask her if she will pay for some HBO or something.:lol:

merce77

Star
Registered
First of all, what I highlighted is part of the problem. As much as you guys like to go on and on with comments about people needing to learn how to read, the truth is you guys tend to distort what is said. I think you guys do this purposely. Whatever. Most of you guys are so busy trying to disagree with me, that you don't even realize when we agree on the same shit. For example, Cotto. I've been saying Cotto was damaged goods since before he fought Clottey. I remember getting into a back and forth with the ignorant one (Alaskan) where he swore that Cotto didn't have to be damaged after the Margarito beatdown. I've never felt Cotto was the same and I don't think Pac fought the best or a prime Cotto. My statements are well documented. However, this doesn't change the fact that despite what I or YOU think, Cotto and the other fights were not considered just EASY fights where Pac would just easily beatdown the competition the way he did.

As you can plainly see if you go back in the posts, I never said that Manny would not be able to beat any of those guys you mentioned. I said, Manny was the favorite but those were not considered EASY fights when they were made. For this very reason, the EASE with which Manny dispatched of these guys was fucking surprising for almost everybody and when I say everybody I am not restricting my comment to BGOL members. The fact that Manny made these fights EASY was surprising to fans and experts everywhere, justified or not. This is a fact! I don't really see how you can argue with that reality.

Manny's performances were so dominant and surprisingly easy that all of these steroids allegations were being made. If Pac had been going life and death with these guys and winning by close decisions, do you think this whole steroid thing would even be an issue? Of course not. The ending results were surprising because Pac made these DIFFICULT fights EASY. If they were EASY to begin with, no one would have given a FUCK.

Now you're discounting the fact that no one made any allegations until Michael Moorer was mysteriously let go from the Pacquiao camp after being groomed for years to be Freddie's successor. Who knows what happened, but right after that Moorer had a talk with the Mayweather camp and THAT'S when the steroid shit started. Not because of Manny making shit look easy. Get your facts straight. The talk heated up because A. Manny didn't want to take a blood test because he was "afraid of needles" even though he has multiple intricate tattoos which require multiple visits to an artist for pretty much each tattoo. B. The test would "make him weak" - another bullshit excuse he pulled from the loss to Morales(he has about 4 different reasons why he lost that fight and none of them included "Morales is a better fighter". C. He wasn't going to be dictated to by Mayweather - even though he dictated everything else including glove size, venue and a whole bunch of other bullshit except pay and the drug tests, including a catchweight where May had to pay him ten mil for every pound over the limit. His team had been saying that he could beat Mayweather, possibly stop him. Now - you're the new p4p, the face of boxing now - why wouldn't you want to put an end to all the talk, instead you make yourself look ultra suspicious by first threatening to sue Michael Moorer if he went public with his allegations again and secondly, refusing to take a simple blood test that even Shane Mosley took to fight Mayweather - and Mosley had already been caught doping. Then they start arguing about cut off dates to the testing. Then Bob Arum wants him to only fight Bob Arum fighters - no worries about testing again. They're putting him in against guys who pretty much have to "take it or leave it". Marquez doesn't and neither does Mayweather, and it doesn't look as if either is going to get a fight with Manny.

Let me ask you, if Mayweather had been Manny and done the exact same thing - you guys would definitely assume something were up and would be accusing him, you and I both know it. Just look at the sports world all around you for the last 10 or 15 years. Everytime an athlete has been doing ultra great things, breaking records and new ground and such, in track, baseball, cycling and other sports, about 80% of the time, it's been because of PED's. Sports aren't clean anymore, and just because Manny is a "humble nice guy. A congressman in his country who came up poor and gives all praise to God instead of keeping it for himself", does that mean he's above taking PED's?!?! No. Especially not a religious politician - at least in my book, such a person should be trusted even less. I mean Bob Arum's other guy just got caught cheating - Margarito. A year and change later, Bob buys him a shiny new license to fight and a fat paycheck and swears up and down that Antonio was innocent. I don't trust anything involving Bob Arum and just because I give Manny some props for beating big, strong guys (notice the adjectives) - it doesn't mean that I don't think he's not on PED's. Aaron Pryor is a Hall of Fame fighter who retired years ago and it just came out last year that Panama was doctoring this dudes bottle and that his miraculous comeback against Arguello was fraudulent. Not to mention that no one else wanted to fight him - now we know why, this shit circulates among boxing's inner circles. Like Michael Moorer going to Mayweather's camp and......

Last edited:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
That's the best you got... on par with your boxing opinions.:smh:

Get it together and try again.

By the way if my opinion and the other opinions of this board about a fight are more accurate with the outcome then those dumb ass articles and your own opinion.... shouldn't you stop arguing and start reading our post for comprehension? You might learn something.:rolleyes:

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Now you're discounting the fact that no one made any allegations until Michael Moorer was mysteriously let go from the Pacquiao camp after being groomed for years to be Freddie's successor. Who knows what happened, but right after that Moorer had a talk with the Mayweather camp and THAT'S when the steroid shit started. Not because of Manny making shit look easy. Get your facts straight. The talk heated up because A. Manny didn't want to take a blood test because he was "afraid of needles" even though he has multiple intricate tattoos which require multiple visits to an artist for pretty much each tattoo. B. The test would "make him weak" - another bullshit excuse he pulled from the loss to Morales(he has about 4 different reasons why he lost that fight and none of them included "Morales is a better fighter". C. He wasn't going to be dictated to by Mayweather - even though he dictated everything else including glove size, venue and a whole bunch of other bullshit except pay and the drug tests, including a catchweight where May had to pay him ten mil for every pound over the limit. His team had been saying that he could beat Mayweather, possibly stop him. Now - you're the new p4p, the face of boxing now - why wouldn't you want to put an end to all the talk, instead you make yourself look ultra suspicious by first threatening to sue Michael Moorer if he went public with his allegations again and secondly, refusing to take a simple blood test that even Shane Mosley took to fight Mayweather - and Mosley had already been caught doping. Then they start arguing about cut off dates to the testing. Then Bob Arum wants him to only fight Bob Arum fighters - no worries about testing again. They're putting him in against guys who pretty much have to "take it or leave it". Marquez doesn't and neither does Mayweather, and it doesn't look as if either is going to get a fight with Manny.

Let me ask you, if Mayweather had been Manny and done the exact same thing - you guys would definitely assume something were up and would be accusing him, you and I both know it. Just look at the sports world all around you for the last 10 or 15 years. Everytime an athlete has been doing ultra great things, in track, baseball, cycling and other sports, about 80% of the time, it's been because of PED's. Sports aren't clean anymore, and just because Manny is a "humble nice guy. A congressman in his country who came up poor and gives all praise to God instead of keeping it for himself", does that mean he's above taking PED's?!?! No. Especially not a religious politician - at least in my book, such a person should be trusted even less. I mean Bob Arum's other guy just got caught cheating - Margarito. A year and change later, Bob buys him a shiny new license to fight and a fat paycheck and swears up and down that Antonio was innocent. I don't trust anything involving Bob Arum and just because I give Manny some props for beating big, strong guys (notice the adjectives) - it doesn't mean that I don't think he's not on PED's. Aaron Pryor is a Hall of Fame fighter who retired years ago and it just came out last year that Panama was doctoring this dudes bottle and that his miraculous comeback against Arguello was fraudulent. Not to mention that no one else wanted to fight him - now we know why, this shit circulates among boxing's inner circles. Like Michael Moorer going to Mayweather's camp and......

The sterioid scandal did not blow up until Mayweather Sr started saying that Pac had to be on something after he destroyed Hatton with ease. Whether there were murmurings or not when Moorer left, that is not what set off the scandal or got this whole PED thing in the newspapers. Get my facts straight?

There are hundreds of articles linking the PED claims to the fact that Manny's whipping ass with ease. Where are all the articles that say "it's not his devastating performances that make us think he's on PEDs, it's because Moorer walked out of camp". You're really stretching things to fit your arguments. Are you ever mistaken? Have you ever admitted being wrong in these debates or are you just never wrong? I can admit when I'm wrong, my ego's not that big especially not on a porn forum. I go to war with Upgrade and Alaskan and even with them I have said "fuck it, maybe I'm wrong" on more than one occasion. You know why? Because I say what the fuck I want to say but if I realize I made a mistake, fuck it I'll admit it because I'm a man and because this shit is not all that serious to me. Some of you guys will twist shit, make sigs and fight until the death just to prove some point even when you know you're not making sense. There seems to be a lot of insecurity going on.

This is what Michael Moorer says: http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-national/michael-moorer-no-dirt-only-respect-for-manny-pacquiao
“I don’t know the Mayweathers, really. But Floyd likes to play games, mind games with people, we all know that. If anyone wants to come talk to me, come man to man, because I am not hard to find. My heart pumps no fear for no man. I didn’t tell anyone named Mayweather anything."

“I told Teddy I don’t like people slandering me and defaming my character,” Moorer said. “I told Teddy what I tell everybody, that Manny is a workaholic in the gym. He handles boxing like it should be handled.”

I'm sure you'll say Michael Moorer is lying and somehow you find some internet rumor started from some anonymous source somehow more credible.

Last edited:

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That's the best you got... on par with your boxing opinions.:smh:

Get it together and try again.

By the way if my opinion and the other opinions of this board about a fight are more accurate with the outcome then those dumb ass articles and your own opinion.... shouldn't you stop arguing and start reading our post for comprehension? You might learn something.:rolleyes:

What? Did I make you cry again. Did I touch a soft spot with the thing about you still living at home with moms and not even being able to afford cable? Don't be ashamed. The recession has hit everybody hard. Just man up and ask your mom to add HBO to your cable plan so you don't have to wait weeks before you can find the fights online.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings again. Make a new sig, feel better.:lol:

Last edited:

merce77

Star
Registered
The sterioid scandal did not blow up until Mayweather Sr started saying that Pac had to be on something after he destroyed Hatton with ease. Whether there were murmurings or not when Moorer left, that is not what set off the scandal or got this whole PED thing in the newspapers. Get my facts straight?

There are hundreds of articles linking the PED claims to the fact that Manny's whipping ass with ease. Where are all the articles that say "it's not his devastating performances that make us think he's on PEDs, it's because Moorer walked out of camp". You're really stretching things to fit your arguments. Are you ever mistaken? Have you ever admitted being wrong in these debates or are you just never wrong? I can admit when I'm wrong, my ego's not that big especially not on a porn forum. I go to war with Upgrade and Alaskan and even with them I have said "fuck it, maybe I'm wrong" on more than one occasion. You know why? Because I say what the fuck I want to say but if I realize I made a mistake, fuck it I'll admit it because I'm a man and because this shit is not all that serious to me. Some of you guys will twist shit, make sigs and fight until the death just to prove some point even when you know you're not making sense. There seems to be a lot of insecurity going on.

Bro Mayweather Sr. and friends didn't start making those Allegations until Moorer spoke to them, I know this, I'm not talking about when they blew up, people wanna link this shit to Mayweather, but Floyd got this shit from Moorer when people first started to talk about the possibility of Floyd fighting Manny, before the first negotiation. First Moorer told Teddy Atlas straight up that Manny was on PED's then Moorer told May's camp to not get in the ring with Manny without a blood test because Manny's been on something for a while. When it got back to Roach and company that Moorer was the source, they threatened to sue the shit out of him if he even gave any interviews - has he given any interviews since then? Has he gone public as to why he was let go after being groomed for so long to take over for Freddie, he said some bullshit about going to find the next great American heavyweight and hasn't been heard from since. Then he said he never told anybody anything especially when they threatened to sue. Even the HBO people were talking about it when it happened. Manny is the media darling - Floyd is the villain. You have to remember this when reading all these bullshit articles.

Last edited:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
okay dude.

You got me... you make laugh at you so much I cry.

Insults and no argument... I wonder which one of us got our feelings hurt. The truth cuts deep and there is no way around the fact that you are an idiot who knows very little about boxing, debating and reading.

Explain to me why I have been so right about Pac's fights and unimpressed while you have been shocked.