Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Siege | New York Toy Fair | Netflix

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Please dont neuter Megs like the fuckin cartoon!!! 1st episode, murk Prime, and Starscream with the plasma cannon and let's pack this shit up and go home. Fuck all the bull.

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wish the writers would have them transform into their Cybertron mode instead of their Earth mode...

Ex
s-l400.jpg

Bumblebee-CyberToon.jpg

generation_1_wheeljack_cybertronian_alternate_mode-jpg.28111714
freal. do they even explain why they do that in this netflix shit?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Transformers: War for Cybertron - The Biggest Moments From the Siege Trailer

Netflix's final trailer for Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege promises an introspective look at Cybertronian society.

BY TIMOTHY DONOHOO
3 HOURS AGO

https://www.cbr.com/transformers-war-cybertron-biggest-moments-siege-trailer/

Netflix has released the final trailer for the upcoming Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy - Siege animated series, and it's certainly more than meets the eye. Full of explosive action and a tone that illustrates how violent the Transformers war has become, the trailer promises an introspective look at Cybertronian society unlike any other series in the franchise. The cast is filled with recognizable Autobots and Decepticons from as far back as the franchise's inception, but it's where it might be taking them that's most interesting.

Here's a look at the biggest moments in the trailer for War for Cybertron Trilogy - Siege.

A Hero Defeated

Throughout the trailer, Optimus Prime morbidly thinks about whether his actions as Autobot leader have inadvertently doomed his faction. This is a far cry from the more determined, hopeful, and experienced characterization of Prime. In fact, the Autobots themselves, while sometimes portrayed as inherently less battle-ready than the Decepticons, are usually shown as being of equal status to them, if not having the evil Transformers on the ropes.

Instead, this series will have an Autobot resistance on the verge of being slaughtered, and an Optimus Prime who worries if he is simply leading them to an early grave, providing a major twist on the franchise's normal formula. The Autobots themselves seem to be few and far between, making them wage their battle with worse odds than ever.

Fire In The Sky

Previous trailers for War for Cybertron Trilogy - Siege suggested Jetfire would switch sides, as he was shown both standing alongside the Decepticons, and later, seemingly attacking one of Starscream's several Seeker copies. This change of spark for the gigantic aerial Transformer is essentially confirmed in the newest trailer, where he is seen standing alongside the Autobots.

Later in the trailer, Jetfire is seen grasping at who looks like Barricade as the latter is swallowed up in an electrical storm. Given that these storms seem to be caused by Megatron, this is perhaps the catalyst for Jetfire's desertion of the Decepticons. This moment may also come during another scene shown in the trailer, where a bloodthirsty Megatron prepares his blade against a downed and defenseless Optimus Prime.

Shattered Glass?

The basic premise War for Cybertron Trilogy - Siege sees Decepticon leader Megatron harnessing the power of the Allspark, with which he aims to end his conflict with the Autobots. This power is suggested in the trailer to be able to turn Autobots into Decepticons, with Bumblebee and possibly Ultra Magnus being some of the procedure's potential victims.

The trailer shows Bumblebee being hit by a wave of strange energy, while Ultra Magnus is similarly shown being tortured by the energy later in the trailer. While an evil Ultra Magnus would certainly be an immense blow to the Autobot resistance, a villainous Bumblebee would be a massively shocking heel turn for the franchise.

War for Cybertron Trilogy - Siege's accompanying toy line also features a Decepticon version of classic Autobot race car Mirage, which means that he too could become corrupted by Megatron's misuse of the Allspark. The trailer also features a lot of storms with red lightning, and at one point, a gigantic cyclone. These potentially unnatural disasters could also be the result of Megatron tampering with the Allspark's power.

Supreme Power

Perhaps the biggest moment comes in the trailer's climax, revealing a character who could single-handedly turn the tide in the Autobots' favor. Near the trailer's end, a small group of Decepticon Reflector/Refraktor drones are sent falling through the ground as an enormous clawed hand emerges from below. This appendage seems to come from the humongous Autobot Omega Supreme. The presence of this Titan Transformer could easily turn the Autobots' losing situation around, with his size granting him the strength to strike terror into even Megatron's spark.

In Transformers media in recent years, Omega Supreme and other Transformers like him have been portrayed as Titans, a race of ancient gigantic Transformers with immense power. Omega Supreme hasn't always been used in this group, with the face of the Titans typically being Metroplex. However, a massive new toy released for the War for Cybertron Trilogy - Siege focuses on the franchise's original giant Transformer. Titans have been shown in modern continuity as only being communicable with those capable of "cityspeaking," so it's unknown exactly which Autobot will contact and awaken Omega Supreme.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I just watched Chapter One. There are six episodes that run about 25 minutes each.

To sum it up...this is the Transformers you been wanting for the past 30+ years since the animated movie came out.

This is the Transformers they should have done instead of those live action movies that Michael Bay put out.

Anybody complaining about the animation. The animation for this is great. The attention to detail of the characters is beautiful. Their movements are fluid and lifelike.

What you are seeing in the trailer is the version you will see if you have the Basic Netflix package. If you watch this series, you must watch it on the Premium UHD service which is the top tier Netflix provides.

If you download it from somewhere, make sure it is the UHD version, not the basic version like what you see in the trailer.

You also need to watch this on a TV larger than 50" with surround sound if you have it. Do not watch it on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC. This series is of movie quality. If this mofo was released in theaters, it would fit perfectly.

Without spoiling it for those who have not seen it. The series gives insight on what the war is about. It also gives you a different perspective of Megatron. In this he at one point does show some empathy, but catches himself in order to maintain his supreme authority. Megatron is hardcore in this version and shows it thru-out the series.

The series gets right into the action and they assume you are familiar with the characters who debut, so their is no character development. The series proceeds nicely from the opening scene to the final scene. Plenty of action. Also, the characters actually get shot, feel the effects of explosions and die similar to the classic animated movie.

The series also shows that the Transformers do have relationships. Optimus Prime and Elita discuss about what they had expected for their relationship. How relationships work between male and female Transformers is not given any depth, possibly in future chapters. No signs of any gay Transformers, but I would not leave that possibility out in future chapters.

Majority of the primary characters from the original G1 series, the movie and the series that came out directly after the movie are presented. Other major characters will be introduced in the future chapters, so if you don't see them here, they will appear in the next two chapters.

My only gripe was Soundwave's voice. They used the autotune, but the voice was a little too high pitch and low and needed more bass to it to make it more sinister like in the classic first one series. Bumblebee is in it and he is not portrayed as a little inexperienced transformer that acts like a child.

There is a little comedy and it does not take away from the series.

Also when you get to the final episode after the last scene there is a long dark screen and then a small scene pops up before the credits.

Not sure when they will arrive on Earth, but I suspect it might not happen until the end of Chapter 2 or sometime in Chapter 3.

I watched it with my two teenage sons and they and I were glued to the screen. My wife walked in around episode 4 and sat and watched it a little and she don't give two fucks about Transformers.

I plan on watching it again later this weekend cuz I was so glued in staring at it, I think I might have missed some shit.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
This shit is fucking good

This is exactly what I need.

I slipped and read the wiki for the other chapters and lord this shit is about to get wild.

Beast wars fans are about to explode

Do not wiki this show if you hate spoilers

I’m tempted, but I can hold out.

I’m waiting for the next 2 chapters when they introduce the Combiners like the Constructicons, Stunticons and Aerialbots.

And I know Unicron is gonna show up like fucking Galactus and raise hell.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Like I said earlier, this is the Transformers you want and been waiting for since the 1986 movie.

masterpiece...

Just the different take on megatron and Optimus was worth it to me... This is the first version of Optimus in my lifetime were I can honestly say he was an asshole and made some stupid decisions .... Which is why it makes sense splitting shit up with Ultra magnus ...

Also I'm going to need a prequel that shows how those that became Decepticons were treated back when they were considered the labor for cybertron. This version of Megatron was probably the closet to show the guy that started off as a lowly worker to a Gladiator and then the evil dictator that we know. Like you could see in the beginning that he just wanted the war to end.... and felt that the Autobots were a sign of the ruling class that needed to go to bring peace to Cybertron. He would have been ok for all of them to surrender but when he saw that they would never do it.. He was cool with just exterminating them all.

I like that..

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched the first episode eye glued, then started doing some shit around the house. Gonna rewatch it all in one sitting. Megs is my favorite character of all time, so I need them to him justice in this shit.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
This is dope. Not feeling Soundwave's voice though.

I know Cullen and Welker aren't involved but Soundwave's voice is as iconic as Optimus Prime.

If they got a Cullen sound alike for Prime, they should have done the same for Soundwave.

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Alright, finished it. This was very well done.

Hated seeing some of our favorites get killed.

Still have to get over some of the voices. I hated that Omega Supreme didn't sound like Omega Supreme.

Solid show. Can't wait for the rest.