Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Siege | New York Toy Fair | Netflix

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So I heard Netflix went cheap on the voices but at the last minute brought in Peter Cullen to do some lines for prime because the other guy didnt work out.
However the guy had already recorded most of optimus' lines so Peter had to try to match what was already there.
Hopefully they learned their lesson for the next season.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
So I heard Netflix went cheap on the voices but at the last minute brought in Peter Cullen to do some lines for prime because the other guy didnt work out.
However the guy had already recorded most of optimus' lines so Peter had to try to match what was already there.
Makes sense. There were times when he sounded like Cullen's Prime, and times he sounded off as fuck.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm enjoying the story, but I wish they would have started from the beginning of the War or start from before the war. My only issue is they kind of changed the great leadership myth of Prime at least the cartoon version. They did a much better job with Megatron

Also, nothing against the series, but some times its hard to get into the Transformers world. Most of the series, books or films are there own thing with little to no continuity between them. Beast Wars was my favorite Transformers series because it was its own thing but still built on the lore from G1 without changing too much of the characters or history of the original series.

illlit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Starscream by far was dope! The voice actor deserves props. The art was fantastic. The only down part of the show was they should have had flashbacks to what Megatron and Prime past life was like. People that are not familiar with a history of Transformers with no anything about Megatron's past which will add more validity to the story

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

The dude that’s doing his voice in Cybertron is the same dude that’s done prime in 3 other shows... he just did his voice in Tranformers cyberverse. He also played prime in Rescue Bots.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
This is dude voicing prime in Cyberverse ...

I didn’t see anything about Peter voicing lines for this show.

I’m a transformers nut.. I’ve got every series on plex including the Japanese only shows like Beast wars 2...

Hell I’ve got a decepticon symbol on the face of my silver mustang and a transformers license plate cover.

And all the computers in my offices network are named after transformers.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'm enjoying the story, but I wish they would have started from the beginning of the War or start from before the war. My only issue is they kind of changed the great leadership myth of Prime at least the cartoon version. They did a much better job with Megatron

Also, nothing against the series, but some times its hard to get into the Transformers world. Most of the series, books or films are there own thing with little to no continuity between them. Beast Wars was my favorite Transformers series because it was its own thing but still built on the lore from G1 without changing too much of the characters or history of the original series.

There’s a lot and I mean a lot of transformers shit man.. G1 isn’t half of it. It’s 20 different shows.. transformers is a comic book property. You have to think of each show like an alternate take. Most keep the same premise.. I’m not a fan of the newer bumblebee shows.

Transformers Prime is still my favorite transformers show. Prime is a fucking bad ass in that one but the show closet to my heart is probably Transformers Animated. It’s starts off different because of the animation style but it’s got the best story next to Beast wars. Beast wars really needs a remake.. it’s fucking unwatchable now. The CGI doesn’t hold up at all.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
There’s a lot and I mean a lot of transformers shit man.. G1 isn’t half of it. It’s 20 different shows.. transformers is a comic book property. You have to think of each show like an alternate take. Most keep the same premise.. I’m not a fan of the newer bumblebee shows.

Transformers Prime is still my favorite transformers show. Prime is a fucking bad ass in that one but the show closet to my heart is probably Transformers Animated. It’s starts off different because of the animation style but it’s got the best story next to Beast wars. Beast wars really needs a remake.. it’s fucking unwatchable now. The CGI doesn’t hold up at all.

The alternative takes is what I'm complaining about. It has been part of the issue with the property since the beginning. I'm not even sure what can be considered canon with the property.

This train of thought does not just apply to the Transformers franchise.I could be wrong because I don't follow it closely and its a long running property but Gundam seems to try to build on to the story or its clearly an alternate timeline/story. They do not retell the history and change it every few years because someone thought they could do it better or the new generation needs a new spin on the classic tale. My point is give us new stories with as little damage to the history or lore as possible. Stop remaking the origin of Spider-Man for every movie.

As far as Beast Wars animation goes I rarely care about how something looks so its not an issue for me. Story and character development are what I'm always concerned about the most. I thought the Netflix Devil-Man series looked like shit, but i still overall liked the story.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
The most insane thing Fucking part is that dude is a fucking kid... here is in 2015

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :clap::clap::clap::clap:

QZaEBo.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
That long :(

With the amount of content Netflix has that they are keeping hidden to the last minute.

There will be enough shit to keep you busy until Chapter 2 and 3 debuts.

Netflix has been good in keeping shit top secret.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Been watching Naruto on hulu and been absolutely glued to it...

i gotta pause that and watch transformers

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Loved Beast Wars from back in the day....and yes that CGI is terrible to watch now

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
It looks like they got all 3 parts film and spreading them out.

If so Chapter 2 will debut next year and Chapter 3 in 2022.

This series is rating high on Netflix. It’s #9 on its ranking list.

I thought I read that it will be out in a few months... That's definitely disappointing

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Actually....saw this, this morning.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
One of the best scenes was when Megatron was finished cleaning his weapon and re-attaching it to his arm.

Shockwave walked in with a updated report that was nothing but bad news.

Megatron told him it was a simple task and raised his gun to Shockwaves face and that thing was revving up ready to blast Shockwave’s head off.

Shockwave who does not have a face to show emotion, just his body reaction you could tell his life just flashed before his eyes.

Jetfire knew Megatron was gonna take him out and interrupted and calmed Megatron down.

Classic and well executed scene.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Like it so far

Hate whoever the voice actor for Optimus is though... :smh:

He sounds like Stevie from Malcolm in the Middle

And i thought Optimus could throw hands this nigga stay catching L's early on.... hope that changes

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Like it so far

Hate whoever the voice actor for Optimus is though... :smh:

He sounds like Stevie from Malcolm in the Middle

And i thought Optimus could throw hands this nigga stay catching L's early on.... hope that changes

That was my main issue with the series. If this would have been pre war Prime right after being reformatted, I could understand. From what remember Megatron has always been a warrior, but the same was not true of Prime especially if you count Orion Pax. Maybe this changed in one of the updates over the years.

The problem for me is this seems like it maybe leading to the fight on Earth and i thought Prime was already considered a great leader and warrior by this time.

If I'm correct, the series seems like someone initially wanted to focus on the early days of the war on Cybertron and someone higher up said fuck you get them to earth.an inexperienced Prime or a Prime working his way through the ranks makes alot more sense in an early war or prewar setting. The other thing was Megatron and Prime seemed to have fought together prewar so a military inexperienced Prime doesn't really add up right before the Crash on Earth.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
One of the funny scenes was when Megatron promoted Starcream Commander of the Seekers.

The camera went back and forth between Megatron/Starscream and Soundwave/Shockwave when it was happening.

Soundwave and Shockwave cannot show emotion on their faces, but you could look at their body language and they were standing there in disbelief.

Then Starscream gave his silly ass acceptance speech and Soundwave put his hand over his face, pure comedy.

Another was when Bumblebee was explaining Soundblaster to Arcee and said don't bring up he looks like Soundwave cuz he was a failed clone experiment of Shockwave. That was funny and gave a good explanation on why they look alike.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
That was my main issue with the series. If this would have been pre war Prime right after being reformatted, I could understand. From what remember Megatron has always been a warrior, but the same was not true of Prime especially if you count Orion Pax. Maybe this changed in one of the updates over the years.

The problem for me is this seems like it maybe leading to the fight on Earth and i thought Prime was already considered a great leader and warrior by this time.

If I'm correct, the series seems like someone initially wanted to focus on the early days of the war on Cybertron and someone higher up said fuck you get them to earth.an inexperienced Prime or a Prime working his way through the ranks makes alot more sense in an early war or prewar setting. The other thing was Megatron and Prime seemed to have fought together prewar so a military inexperienced Prime doesn't really add up right before the Crash on Earth.
They’ve rebooted G1 transformers so many times they need to Decide on one definitive story and leave it alone.

Honestly, my favorite G1 Cybertron stories were the ones Dreamwave comics told with War Within.

zuluking

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
its good , guardians who are there ? i think they still needed to go way back , this season could have been second season, the sound of them moving wasnt good. transfomers is so dividing as you cant please everyone , i hope these a second season but i highly doubt it

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
its good , guardians who are there ? i think they still needed to go way back , this season could have been second season, the sound of them moving wasnt good. transfomers is so dividing as you cant please everyone , i hope these a second season but i highly doubt it

theres going to be 2 more seasons fam..

It's a trilogy.