Time to boycott GM Motors

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
51 million people live in South Korea, yet they have two car companies or more. We can easily do that and sell these cars globally in Africa and other countries.

You do not have to worry about companies relocating to the suburbs when the black population gets too high.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I think this is what he was talking about
Check the 2:32 mark.....non serviceable CVT :smh:

This is still a problem with most of their cars my friend who has a 2015 quest Had a CVT issue with her van.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
UH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bruh, you know the damage we could do, if we could get past this division agenda?? Its unthinkable!!
That's one of the main problems! And the other problem is, we go crawling back like an abused bitch to her abuser! EK ain't the only that laughs at boycott threads, I do as well. We, as a collective, AIN'T BOYCOTTING SHIT! People are still eating at Denny's, going to Starbucks, and wearing New Balance kicks. We haven't been serious about shit since the civil rights movement. 6 years ago, I vowed to never go back to Wal-Mart, and I haven't been back since. How many of you in this "boycott" thread still go there? We either need to cut the fake outrage bullshit, or just admit, like Christians need to, we ain't about that life.

ApexV

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is crazy. I worked there for two summers while in college. My brother been there for 34 years and my father worked at the same plant. This is definitely Trump shit.

Last edited:

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Im srry. . IF i was in that position... Some stuff would have changed one way or another.. Srry but i know me, i would have set up a secret camera n caught a few of them on tape and from there i would have gave my own justice to them away from wrk..
Exactly couldn't have been me either.

Jack Spade

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thats a good idea!! My old man told me the worst thing a person can spend money on is a vehicle, he was right!! Anyway, The cameo I was looking at was starting at 46k!! Thats alot of money spent on sum metal and plastic!! Good reply bro, Im going to rent one and get my rush that way!!

Speaking of plastic...I had a black SS over the summer. When I went to adjust the ac vent, the little small plastic circular knob on the vent snapped off in my hand. The car had about 8000 miles on it. :smh:

Cheap ass shit. Love that drive train though. That mfkr a blast to drive.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Speaking of plastic...I had a black SS over the summer. When I went to adjust the ac vent, the little small plastic circular knob on the vent snapped off in my hand. The car had about 8000 miles on it. :smh:

Cheap ass shit. Love that drive train though. That mfkr a blast to drive.

Yup, that's exactly the type of shit I'm talking about when I say American cars age terribly.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
That's one of the main problems! And the other problem is, we go crawling back like an abused bitch to her abuser! EK ain't the only that laughs at boycott threads, I do as well. We, as a collective, AIN'T BOYCOTTING SHIT! People are still eating at Denny's, going to Starbucks, and wearing New Balance kicks. We haven't been serious about shit since the civil rights movement. 6 years ago, I vowed to never go back to Wal-Mart, and I haven't been back since. How many of you in this "boycott" thread still go there? We either need to cut the fake outrage bullshit, or just admit, like Christians need to, we ain't about that life.
It ain’t that we ain’t about that life it’s just people attempting to use 1960s tactics on modern issues.

People boycotted and all this talk about COMMUNITY was wen there was physically a community because we lived in segragated communities. And there were local problems that could be handled as such.

Now you wanna boycott a company that has Black people working there. And not like TWO people, a significant amount.

I didn’t even read the whole thing, it’s a foregone conclusion that boycotts, especially knee jerk reaction boycotts are silly.

And it’s much more complex than even that but the basic Gist is Black people are way more integrated and assimilated into America than these faux revolutionaries would ever wanna admit, even though it’s actuallh a good thing. N

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
It ain’t that we ain’t about that life it’s just people attempting to use 1960s tactics on modern issues.

People boycotted and all this talk about COMMUNITY was wen there was physically a community because we lived in segragated communities. And there were local problems that could be handled as such.
Shit. Good point.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
This is still a problem with most of their cars my friend who has a 2015 quest Had a CVT issue with her van.
My boy's wife had the issue in her 2016 Maxima and I saw complaints on forums for their Pathfinders as well. That's when I knew it was more than just a Murano issue.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
I mean... It's not like GM is leading the country on shit sold. It ain't that difficult of a thing to boycott. Allot of people been said fuck GM with their wallets, it just wasn't for this shit.

Yes, there are and always have been. Ford and Chrysler not touching them.

209922b6a0bd0112017a4fb6c755127d222857cf.png

PJN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Got a hand me down Malibu in college after my car got totalled on a liability insurance, worst gift any relative ever gave me! Shitty ass 4-cyl cars passed by me on the daily on 495 and that shit was a V6! Since then, I wouldn't even rent a GM product.
Toyota just checked their lying ass about that stupid reliability ads so now they can't air them any more.

Last edited:

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes, there are and always have been. Ford and Chrysler not touching them.

209922b6a0bd0112017a4fb6c755127d222857cf.png

Bruh... You wanna look at that graph again??? Honda isn't even on there and it's well known that GMs numbers get inflated because of fleet sales......... As big as and as many vehicles as GM makes only 2 were in the top 20 for sales. The Equinox and the Silverado. No one is buying their shit. That's why theyre cutting everything. How many new Impalas or Malibus do you see??? Who older than highschoolers are buying Cruzes??? Are people even buying Lacs like that now??? GM is about to do the same shit as Ford and only make Trucks and SUVs. Even Law enforcement isn't buying them.

Last edited:

roots69

Rising Star
Registered

Brotha, I know exactly what your talking about. Anyway, your right!!! WE(a large number of us) aint bout that life, until something fucked up happens to them!! The fight has been removed from a large percentage of us.. I thought I would never say that!!

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered
Don't accept it,but also know that it's just a matter of time before those whites with jobs won't have one and they will be on CNN crying again about no jobs.

It's a tactic done to push blacks out so a white can be hired,stand you're ground,document everything,complain and sue GM for what little left they have to give

This, and also demand that they have a more diverse work force. There’s power in numbers.

The good thing about what’s going on is that those in power are slowly showing their hand. They are fueled
by insecurity and rightfully so. I went to prep school and a white majority school and the only advantage that
others have over us is their expectations.

We’re finally seeing what we’re up against. Yeah we always new the reason why we were leading the league
in unemployment statistics but now it has become ridiculously overt.

The person in the White House to me epitomizes the incompetent person that exists everywhere that I have
worked who people pull for and make excuses for.

Two ways to be successful in life, either beat the competition...........or eliminate them.

Carry on.......

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Bruh... You wanna look at that graph again??? Honda isn't even on there and it's well known that GMs numbers get inflated because of fleet sales......... As big as and as many vehicles as GM makes only 2 were in the top 20 for sales. The Equinox and the Silverado. No one is buying their shit. That's why theyre cutting everything. How many new Impalas or Malibus do you see??? Who older than highschoolers are buying Cruzes??? Are people even buying Lacs like that now??? GM is about to do the same shit as Ford and only make Trucks and SUVs. Even Law enforcement isn't buying them.

You said the country. GM and Ford are the only two American companies on the list. Honda's not on the list because they're too small to make it. Fleet sales are sales, man. GM is, and has always been the largest American car company.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
I interned at a UAW plant in Dayton one summer and I believe these dudes 100%.

I worked as a supervisor in another Midwest plant that was a union shop right out of college. One night I told a good ole boy forklift driver to get a pallet of boxes and move them to another line. It was another guys line, a brotha, but he was at lunch and production was being impacted. That CAC looked me dead in my eye and said with no hesitation “I’m not doin no lazy ******’s work.” So sent him home; he got termed.

Like three weeks later I walk into work and there he is. I’m like “wtf”. So I asked my boss what the deal was. Turns out the union filed a grievance..........and went back in there files and found a comparable situation from the SEVENTIES (over 30 years prior) when a white worker called a black one a ****** and got one day off work. Dude was back with three weeks back pay, PLUS overtime that had been worked while he was out that he’d missed out on PLUS shift differential pay since it was 2nd shift PLUS the seniority that had been lost. I was FLOORED.

Later a veteran supervisor schooled me that those types of situations were standaed operationing procedure at that plant and, because these were some of the last “good paying” jobs in this Rust Belt town, the black folks didn’t make too many waves when those types of situations happened. I was just like :smh:.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Back to my idea of having a minority owned car company, Tesla and some other company owned by whites was able to get 50 billion in loans for their companies under some Department of Energy program. Tesla is private now; however, the other company is bankrupt. They already had three car companies fully operational when this program was started, and gave the money to start two more! When the demographics of the country will be majority minority and we are still grappling with Jim Crow and slavery, the loss wealth. They spent 200 billion or more rebuilding Europe after World War II to make them less dependent on our resources to survive.

Instead of complaining to some government bureaucrat for help all the time, they should just give us loans to start our own minority car company. We could easily out engineer any crap they have on the road now. I have a couple ideas on how to do that for just gasoline powered engine let alone a battery electric vehicle.

We are showing them mercy now by not having a minority owned car company. It can look like the NBA or NFL if we started building cars. They should stop messing with the black employees or this is what could happen.

Last edited: