They Said No to My Show, Then Made Their Own Version—Help Me Outshine Them. ✪Promo✪

When the bullshit with homie happened, I reached out to someone who's navigating the Hollywood thing like I am (he's in a different genre, though: horror/thriller). He told me since homie wanted to make some generic shit and half ass the storytelling and animation, make my series as Philly as possible with both. I like to think I've done that storytelling wise, added other voice actors, and recently upgraded the visuals to look as Philly as possible.


23rd Street, North Philly, with the classic rowhome + porch style
Detailed-Night-Houses-2.png

Tower Records (circa 2002), South Street
Animated-Ishkabibble-s-Front-V5.jpg



Ishkabibbles, South Street
Animated-Ishkabibble-s-Front-V3.jpg


Latest episode:

It's one thing to get curved. It's another for her to find your replacement right in your face. But karma came quick this time.



 
When the bullshit with homie happened, I reached out to someone who's navigating the Hollywood thing like I am (he's in a different genre, though: horror/thriller). He told me since homie wanted to make some generic shit and half ass the storytelling and animation, make my series as Philly as possible with both. I like to think I've done that storytelling wise, added other voice actors, and recently upgraded the visuals to look as Philly as possible.


23rd Street, North Philly, with the classic rowhome + porch style
Detailed-Night-Houses-2.png

Tower Records (circa 2002), South Street
Animated-Ishkabibble-s-Front-V5.jpg



Ishkabibbles, South Street
Animated-Ishkabibble-s-Front-V3.jpg


Latest episode:

It's one thing to get curved. It's another for her to find your replacement right in your face. But karma came quick this time.


Aye props to you fam, keep up the good work. These stories are hilarious fam.

And that theme song "Love Homicide," bruh.... great choice
 
Aye props to you fam, keep up the good work. These stories are hilarious fam.

And that theme song "Love Homicide," bruh.... great choice

Thanks, fam. The song choice in itself is a story. Aziz had a banger of an album he put out independently, and couldn't get anyone to review it or boost it. So I made a promise (to myself) that if I ever had a platform, I would boost it. So when I won the ABBF Comedy Festival, I split the money with him and this jawn who did my first graphic for me for free. She said I needed a logo and just made it for me. The prize was only $1500, but we split it three ways because right is right. And WHEN I'm blessed to get my show on a large platform, I'm gonna insist the song is part of the deal so he gets another payday.
 
@ the Fuser, dude if you really want your project to blow up, see if your can get it produced through BGOL. Its 5700 of us and if your can get halve of use to put in, then it would be a great thing. Just find out how much it would cost to get it going how you want it, then go and pitch your shit. Hell, you can get it added to a cable company and get paid off of the commercial revenue. There are a lot of ways to do it, but it wouldn't cost us but a subscription. Its call cooperative economics. Nothing beats a failure but a try. Plus, you got good story line and it would work. You got a winner so it would be win win. When you make your money then give back.
 
Thanks, fam. The song choice in itself is a story. Aziz had a banger of an album he put out independently, and couldn't get anyone to review it or boost it. So I made a promise (to myself) that if I ever had a platform, I would boost it. So when I won the ABBF Comedy Festival, I split the money with him and this jawn who did my first graphic for me for free. She said I needed a logo and just made it for me. The prize was only $1500, but we split it three ways because right is right. And WHEN I'm blessed to get my show on a large platform, I'm gonna insist the song is part of the deal so he gets another payday.
I saved it in my Spotify favorites. I've already heard it what...130 times with Trashterpiece, so it's like comfort music at this point.

I like how you did that, you made a promise to yourself that is like, if I ever get a platform I'm gonna big up my boy. That's honorable shit.

Did you know him before or did you just live the song?
 
I saved it in my Spotify favorites. I've already heard it what...130 times with Trashterpiece, so it's like comfort music at this point.

I like how you did that, you made a promise to yourself that is like, if I ever get a platform I'm gonna big up my boy. That's honorable shit.

Did you know him before or did you just live the song?

We ran the same open mic scene together. He was in a singing group called United Soul with his brother so we knew each other. When he dropped his solo album, I hopped on it immediately.
 
@ the Fuser, dude if you really want your project to blow up, see if your can get it produced through BGOL. Its 5700 of us and if your can get halve of use to put in, then it would be a great thing. Just find out how much it would cost to get it going how you want it, then go and pitch your shit. Hell, you can get it added to a cable company and get paid off of the commercial revenue. There are a lot of ways to do it, but it wouldn't cost us but a subscription. Its call cooperative economics. Nothing beats a failure but a try. Plus, you got good story line and it would work. You got a winner so it would be win win. When you make your money then give back.
Fuser, I fukks with you like this ..... I'm in nukka .....
 
This thick jawn I was talking to mom HATED me and never met me. When she finally did, she tried to bag me. And I'm happy to say I wasn't a piece of shit, and didn't take the bait....... mainly because the mom was hit!!! :lol:

 
Interesting he one of the funniest in the group
and its weird kev never did something with them



BRO!!!! I know Na'im. He cool as fuck. Him and Spank had this open mic off South Street back in the day and they used to ask me to open up doing poetry.

I may have already said this before, but when I saw the promo for Lil Kev, I immediately hit up Spank and asked him WTF because Spank was the first person to go to Kev with my show. Kev told Spank no. So when Lil Kev dropped I went to Spank and said WTF again and Spank said he didn't know shit about it. I didn't believe him at first but I did after I realized Kev didn't put ANYONE on from Philly. Not one Philly comedian to voice a character. Not one Philly comedian to help write. We're all from the same hood, so why wouldn't get get actual niggas from the hood he's talking about to voice the characters? If he knows he's jacking Na'im's shit, why ice him out? HE KNEW he jacked my shit, why not put me on as a writer or a producer and get my foot in the Hollywood door? He's a piece of shit, that's why.
 
BRO!!!! I know Na'im. He cool as fuck. Him and Spank had this open mic off South Street back in the day and they used to ask me to open up doing poetry.

I may have already said this before, but when I saw the promo for Lil Kev, I immediately hit up Spank and asked him WTF because Spank was the first person to go to Kev with my show. Kev told Spank no. So when Lil Kev dropped I went to Spank and said WTF again and Spank said he didn't know shit about it. I didn't believe him at first but I did after I realized Kev didn't put ANYONE on from Philly. Not one Philly comedian to voice a character. Not one Philly comedian to help write. We're all from the same hood, so why wouldn't get get actual niggas from the hood he's talking about to voice the characters? If he knows he's jacking Na'im's shit, why ice him out? HE KNEW he jacked my shit, why not put me on as a writer or a producer and get my foot in the Hollywood door? He's a piece of shit, that's why.
Sadly, dudes like kevin hart and meek mill aren't trying to help others from Philly make it but want to preach this black power shit and that we should all work together but they don't even practice what they preach. I guess they feel a person would be a threat to their careers having more talent than them that they're scared to put them on..But its never honorable stealing peoples shit to make it your own by naming it something else.
 
BRO!!!! I know Na'im. He cool as fuck. Him and Spank had this open mic off South Street back in the day and they used to ask me to open up doing poetry.

I may have already said this before, but when I saw the promo for Lil Kev, I immediately hit up Spank and asked him WTF because Spank was the first person to go to Kev with my show. Kev told Spank no. So when Lil Kev dropped I went to Spank and said WTF again and Spank said he didn't know shit about it. I didn't believe him at first but I did after I realized Kev didn't put ANYONE on from Philly. Not one Philly comedian to voice a character. Not one Philly comedian to help write. We're all from the same hood, so why wouldn't get get actual niggas from the hood he's talking about to voice the characters? If he knows he's jacking Na'im's shit, why ice him out? HE KNEW he jacked my shit, why not put me on as a writer or a producer and get my foot in the Hollywood door? He's a piece of shit, that's why.
Yawl mans a snake.

Jumanji-Welcome-to-the-Jungle--768x506.jpg
 
BRO!!!! I know Na'im. He cool as fuck. Him and Spank had this open mic off South Street back in the day and they used to ask me to open up doing poetry.

I may have already said this before, but when I saw the promo for Lil Kev, I immediately hit up Spank and asked him WTF because Spank was the first person to go to Kev with my show. Kev told Spank no. So when Lil Kev dropped I went to Spank and said WTF again and Spank said he didn't know shit about it. I didn't believe him at first but I did after I realized Kev didn't put ANYONE on from Philly. Not one Philly comedian to voice a character. Not one Philly comedian to help write. We're all from the same hood, so why wouldn't get get actual niggas from the hood he's talking about to voice the characters? If he knows he's jacking Na'im's shit, why ice him out? HE KNEW he jacked my shit, why not put me on as a writer or a producer and get my foot in the Hollywood door? He's a piece of shit, that's why.
It's sad that he didn't at least put dudes on for voiceovers especially when it's set in Philly.
 
It's sad that he didn't at least put dudes on for voiceovers especially when it's set in Philly.

That shit was weird. I do understand that maybe he had to at least get one big name VO actor, and Cree Summer is the GOAT, so that made sense. But not ONE for a recurring character? Not ONE is crazy. Even if it wasn't the person he stole the idea from (me), there are a ton of Philly area comedians who are really funny and consistent who could've used that credit to help push through. Didn't even put his Plastic Cup boys on. That shit is ODD. I fucks with Afion Crocket, but why would he be playing a 90s Philly character when he doesn't have the accent (this isn't a knock on Afion, he just took a gig). Why are you asking Jess Hilarious to play a character with her heavy ass Baltimore accent that sounds NOTHING like Philly? It's just platinum level dickeating and pandering.
 
Im not from philly but i have a lot of family there. my cousin knows meek mill, says hes cool. my other cousin says hes a hater. alot of talent. My one cousin from south philly Kyle, Meek also from south tho he claim North. I dont want to say to many names because some of my family is still in the streets. i wish we would help each other more. dope clips.
 
Sadly, dudes like kevin hart and meek mill aren't trying to help others from Philly make it but want to preach this black power shit and that we should all work together but they don't even practice what they preach. I guess they feel a person would be a threat to their careers having more talent than them that they're scared to put them on..But its never honorable stealing peoples shit to make it your own by naming it something else.

I see your point. And agree mostly. But I also think there is something else to it, there's been previous interviews where Kevin talks about "doing the work," and how some people feel entitled to "skip the line." And he's not with that. Hence the Plastic Cup Boyz do the work and go on tour with him. They don't automatically get roles in his movies, but if they show up and the directors like them, they might.

(Which I always thought was weird, cuz Kevin EPs a lot of his recent movies, he could get his boys enough funny roles or even background roles to keep their SAG cards and benefits).

But fine they have to "grind."

I think Kevin feels like he had to do X,Y,Z to make it big and none of it was "handed" to him. Yet, he did get help and had to network and forge connections. That role in 40 yr old virgin was because he knew Judd Apatow and showed up at the set. The Wayans family PUT EACH OTHER ON!

Other people do it all the time. Kevin Smith and his people, Judd Apatow and his people. Seth Rogan and his people. Dave Chappelle and his people. Eddie back in the 80s and 90s. ADAM SANDLER CROWBARS his people into roles.

It'd be one thing if Kevin didn't make himself a household name, if he didn't have his own production company and didn't EP his movies. If he was just a " hired gun," I'd understand it more. But dude could literally swing his weight around and demand his people in the writing rooms, in the movies/ shows or at the very least other roles behind the scenes. But he does none of that.

I don't see how he manuevered like that post 2017, when he launched his Laugh Out Loud network.

Maybe he thinks he's Nelly and the PCB are the St. Lunatics....... either way its sad how he's been moving especially after the affair and crash scandals.
 
Last edited:
BRO!!!! I know Na'im. He cool as fuck. Him and Spank had this open mic off South Street back in the day and they used to ask me to open up doing poetry.

I may have already said this before, but when I saw the promo for Lil Kev, I immediately hit up Spank and asked him WTF because Spank was the first person to go to Kev with my show. Kev told Spank no. So when Lil Kev dropped I went to Spank and said WTF again and Spank said he didn't know shit about it. I didn't believe him at first but I did after I realized Kev didn't put ANYONE on from Philly. Not one Philly comedian to voice a character. Not one Philly comedian to help write. We're all from the same hood, so why wouldn't get get actual niggas from the hood he's talking about to voice the characters? If he knows he's jacking Na'im's shit, why ice him out? HE KNEW he jacked my shit, why not put me on as a writer or a producer and get my foot in the Hollywood door? He's a piece of shit, that's why.
even from outside looking in u could see whats going.
i mean even him not helping micheal blackson when blackson was a big part of helping him out says enough.
the lite vid he did the heist with plastic boyz was funny and dope.
i thought this was the beginning of something great, then i found out it was long skit smh.
i mean he put jackie in his shit before any one the plastic boyz

people were hating on mike epps when he said kevin was gatekeeping.
 
I see your point. And agree mostly. But I also think there is something else to it, there's been previous interviews where Kevin talks about "doing the work," and how some people feel entitled to "skip the line." And he's not with that. Hence the Plastic Cup Boyz do the work and go on tour with him. They don't automatically get roles in his movies, but if they show up and the directors like them, they might.

(Which I always thought was weird, cuz Kevin EPs a lot of his recent movies, he could get his boys enough funny roles or even background roles to keep their SAG cards and benefits).


But fine they have to "grind."

I think Kevin feels like he had to do X,Y,Z to make it big and none of it was "handed" to him. Yet, he did get help and had to network and forge connections. That role in 40 yr old virgin was because he knew Judd Apatow and showed up at the set. The Wayans family PUT EACH OTHER ON!

Other people do it all the time. Kevin Smith and his people, Judd Apatow and his people. Seth Rogan and his people. Dave Chappelle and his people. Eddie back in the 80s and 90s. ADAM SANDLER CROWBARS his people into roles.

It'd be one thing if Kevin didn't make himself a household name, if he didn't have his own production company and didn't EP his movies. If he was just a " hired gun," I'd understand it more. But dude could literally swing his weight around and demand his people in the writing rooms, in the movies/ shows or at the very least other roles behind the scenes. But he does none of that.

I don't see how he manuevered like that post 2017, when he launched his Laugh Out Loud network.

Maybe he thinks he's Nelly and the PCB are the St. Lunatics....... either way its sad how he's been moving especially after the affair and crash scandals.
cuase its bs lol. plastic boyz did plenty of work for him.
u dont hear adam sandler saying that bs
 
BRO!!!! I know Na'im. He cool as fuck. Him and Spank had this open mic off South Street back in the day and they used to ask me to open up doing poetry.

I may have already said this before, but when I saw the promo for Lil Kev, I immediately hit up Spank and asked him WTF because Spank was the first person to go to Kev with my show. Kev told Spank no. So when Lil Kev dropped I went to Spank and said WTF again and Spank said he didn't know shit about it. I didn't believe him at first but I did after I realized Kev didn't put ANYONE on from Philly. Not one Philly comedian to voice a character. Not one Philly comedian to help write. We're all from the same hood, so why wouldn't get get actual niggas from the hood he's talking about to voice the characters? If he knows he's jacking Na'im's shit, why ice him out? HE KNEW he jacked my shit, why not put me on as a writer or a producer and get my foot in the Hollywood door? He's a piece of shit, that's why.
him beefin with spears all these years and spears turned out to be right lol.
kev didnt put his people on but let others put their people on his shows lol.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top