The Witcher 3 / The Witcher Netflix TV Season 4 announced. Henry Cavill gone, Liam Hemsworth - New Witcher

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
This is really getting the "poorly adapted from books" feel. Although I never read them you can tell there's much more that a written work could explain than this production.
In short, it's becoming tedious. The dreadful acting isn't helping and unless Yen starts pulling out those tiddies again it's a snoozefest.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Why is he leaving? I just started watching this about a month ago?

Cavil wanted the series to follow the books but the showrunner and writers wanted to do something else because there were articles about the writers not liking the books. After,it was announced Cavil was leaving the show. There were leaks of him being toxic on set just because he wanted the show to follow the books.

The author doesn't care whether the show follow the books or not;e just want a paycheck.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Cavil wanted the series to follow the books but the showrunner and writers wanted to do something else because there were articles about the writers not liking the books. After,it was announced Cavil was leaving the show. There were leaks of him being toxic on set just because he wanted the show to follow the books.

The author doesn't care whether the show follow the books or not;e just want a paycheck.

If you follow the books word for word.

What’s the point in watching it when you know exactly how it’s gonna play out?

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
If you follow the books word for word.

What’s the point in watching it when you know exactly how it’s gonna play out?
Come on man, we all know general theme and basically not disrespecting the lore like so many of these disrespectful ass show runners been doing.

What is happening over and over again in recent years is that show runners are disrespecting source material AND fans at the same time.

Let's not pretend to not know what is going on and what has been killing ratings of shows and ticket sales at the box office. Cavil was against the fuckery. It's that simple.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Come on man, we all know general theme and basically not disrespecting the lore like so many of these disrespectful ass show runners been doing.

What is happening over and over again in recent years is that show runners are disrespecting source material AND fans at the same time.

Let's not pretend to not know what is going on and what has been killing ratings of shows and ticket sales at the box office. Cavil was against the fuckery. It's that simple.

They aren’t disrespecting fans.

They have to make this content watchable for people and a general audience who have never read a comic book, novels or video games in their life where this content comes from.

There just is not enough people out there who are hardcore fans for this material to justify making it in order to make it profitable.

I don’t disagree with you that what is in the source content should be followed, but if you had to explain what happens to someone like me who is not familiar with it….good chance you might get a “Deer In Headlights” glaze from me mainly cuz it probably just doesn’t sound interesting.

The way they are making this is interesting too people like me.

That’s their objective.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 3
Episodes 1 - 3

Started watching these Sunday night.

The 3rd season plays out like the first two with its pacing.

The season starts out with Geralt, Yennefer and Ciri moving out for a secure and safe location. Everyone on the continent is after her cuz of her heritage.

Geralt discovers new information on Ciri and his mother.

The Elves are continuing on with their plans along with the internal conflicts.

Ciri and Yennefer bond with Yennefer agreeing to train Ciri.

The Brotherhood of Sorcerers are fighting with each other cuz of the Northern Kingdoms.

Phillipa and Dijkstra are continuing their scheme against the King.

A lot of the political stuff that debuted in the prior seasons along with the time jumps were brought together so far in the season. It was confusing me somewhat but this season is putting stuff on track.

I’m gonna try to finish the last 2 episodes tomorrow hopefully.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
They aren’t disrespecting fans.

They have to make this content watchable for people and a general audience who have never read a comic book, novels or video games in their life where this content comes from.

There just is not enough people out there who are hardcore fans for this material to justify making it in order to make it profitable.

I don’t disagree with you that what is in the source content should be followed, but if you had to explain what happens to someone like me who is not familiar with it….good chance you might get a “Deer In Headlights” glaze from me mainly cuz it probably just doesn’t sound interesting.

The way they are making this is interesting too people like me.

That’s their objective.
You and I both know they have been adapting material for years without the issues we have seen in say the last 6-7 years. How did they do it for decades and now they have gone full retard? It's clear the showrunners have an agenda and some have even came out and admitted as much.

Say man, in some cases, they tell them to avoid the source material completely. I think we both can agree that is dumb as fuck.

In the past, showrunners could adapt the material while making the majority of hardcore fans happy, entertaining newbies, and even putting a message or two in there. And these fools got the nerve to be striking? :roflmao:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 3
Episodes 4 - 5

Watched these this afternoon.

Episode 4 begins to bring all the characters together in Aretuza.

Ciri asks Geralt about just taking off together and killing monsters for income after her performance on the raft. Geralt gets that idea out of her head.

Yennefer speaks to the Brotherhood to convince that union is the only thing that can save them from the Nilfgaardian threat.

Episode 5 takes place at a fancy function with the main characters interacting with each other which basically is getting things set up for the big battle.

The final 3 episodes of season 3 debut July 27, 2023.

Looking forward to them.

Mylansky

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am surprised that Netflix never got involved. If I heard the star of a franchise I paid for who bringing in the viewers had issues. I would find out why and try to fix it.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
3 episodes of the same scene; and the guy who had a different woman in every town is now gay? These writers are shit.

Wait. What? I've seen Netflix pull this shit before, but they did it in the Witcher now? This is why I give no fucks about the strike. Burn all this shit down.

They pulled a Legend of Korra in that episode. I don't even want to see the rest of the episodes...They always gotta make a straight character gay...