The Strain Official Thread Discussion

suga

Star
Registered
I really liked the books but I wonder how their going to elongate the story. Maybe I'm missing it but shouldn't the old man have an European accent?

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I really liked the books but I wonder how their going to elongate the story. Maybe I'm missing it but shouldn't the old man have an European accent?

The first two books was great,but the last one was kinda boring to me....

Tinman

I Haz Risen
Registered
:cool:

But damn, now I got 3 shows on at the same time.

The Strain, The Leftovers, and Falling skies.

Better clear out the DVR.
:yes:

Leatherf7ce

Phantom of the Chakras
BGOL Investor
read all 3 books and loved them. cant wait to see what Guillermo has cooked up. All of my friends talked about how horrible the books read, as I noted to them then- it read like cinema or a screenplay. This should be good! Especially since True Blood has romanticized the vampyr stupidly, IMO. If you like vampires and reading I would suggest Brian Lumley's Necroscope series, its fucking fascinating. Peace

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
exaipfg.png

the-strain.jpg

Here Are 10 Things We Learned When We Visited The Set Of FX’s ‘The Strain’

The Strain is based on a book series written by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. It’s about a ridiculously named epidemiologist, Dr. Ephraim Goodweather (played by House of Cards‘ Corey Stoll), who finds 200 corpses and a few stray survivors on a plane at New York’s JFK Airport. What happened? Without giving too much away, I’ll just say: SPOOKINESS. The show also stars Natalie Brown as Ephraim’s ex-wife, Mía Maestro and Sean Astin as his co-workers, Kevin Durand as an exterminator, and Game of Thrones star David Bradley as a mysterious pawn shop owner. Lost‘s Carlton Cuse is the showrunner.

http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/07/we-vis...he-strain-here-are-10-things-you-should-know/

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
big fan of Del Torro
read the books
and looking forward to see vicious vamps again (not over romanticized types of true blood and twilight)

expect big things from this show especially since its on FX

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I must say I'm happy this isn't on the cw or nbc so there is no teen drama relationship bullshit to deal with :dance:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
big fan of Del Torro
read the books
and looking forward to see vicious vamps again (not over romanticized types of true blood and twilight)

Don't get your hopes up, they are just throwing Deltoro's name to sell the series, he will probably be involved in the first episode and none after that. I remember when fringe came out and the selling point was how JJ Abram was behind it, in a interview after the series ended Abrams said he never even seen an episode and spent about a hour helping to right the pilot episode and that was all he did for them to use his name.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
Don't get your hopes up, they are just throwing Deltoro's name to sell the series, he will probably be involved in the first episode and none after that. I remember when fringe came out and the selling point was how JJ Abram was behind it, in a interview after the series ended Abrams said he never even seen an episode and spent about a hour helping to right the pilot episode and that was all he did for them to use his name.

naw i trust FX's track record (outside of HBO they arguably put out the best shows on tv imo)
they are basing the series on the books he co-wrote
and he is also the executive producer

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
naw i trust FX's track record (outside of HBO they arguably put out the best shows on tv imo)
they are basing the series on the books he co-wrote
and he is also the executive producer
Abrams was listed as creator and producer for Fringe too, just saying

runteldat

Support BGOL
Registered
:lol: i thought we was gonna talk about some bud..lol

big fan of Del Torro
read the books

I thought this thread was going be about different strains of weed :sad:

Purple_Haze_(Cannabis).jpg

I thought it was going to be a reality show based around finding the best strain of marijuana. :lol:

Fuck it... I loved all 3 books and have been looking forward to this for a while. So tonight, I'm enjoying the best of both worlds. I'll be watching this while smoking some headband and some 3 kings. :dance:

Count23

International
International Member
been waitin for this...on now:dance:

...of course someone tells you he heard something thumping in cargo and the first thing you're gonna do is open it:hithead:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
been waitin for this...on now:dance:

...of course someone tells you he heard something thumping in cargo and the first thing you're gonna do is open it:hithead:
could have been some dumb ass stowaway, plus its not like it mattered :lol:

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
:eek::eek::eek:
they did a great job with the character design of the master. Had Guilermo's fingerprints all over it