The power of intermittent fasting

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
1 or 2 cups shouldn't be a problem. But don't go overboard with it.
And drink a LOT of water.

For intermittent fasting to be successful, it's essential to stay hydrated.

I was reading in this thread how people drink a lot of smoothies and or juicing etc...

Is that good?

ThaS

International
International Member
I was reading in this thread how people drink a lot of smoothies and or juicing etc...

Is that good?

It depends.
I drink a lot of green smoothies. Healthy AF.
Fruit smoothies aren't healthy at all. Fruit contains a lot of sugar. I see people making smoothies with 3 or 4 different kinds of fruits. Fructose is still sugar. Folks need to remember that. And sugar is your biggest enemy, when trying to lose weight.

If you want to sweeten your smoothie. Try Blueberries (less sugar than other fruits and it's full of anti antioxidants) and some protein powder.

I'm vegan so i'm using a plant based protein powder
Vivolife is my favourite vegan protein brand. You will get all the essential amino acids your body needs for growth and repair. And it taste good to.

So yes,a green smoothie with veggies, avocado, blue berries and protein powder is really healthy. But skip the fruit smoothies.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What’s up fellas! Does anyone know a remedy to stop from getting headaches during fasts?
Is this common?

I want to start in February and any tips or just an example of your own personal routine would be very helpful..

I'm getting conflicting info.

Put some pink Himalayan salt in your water, it will curb headaches. Green tea helps also.

You also need minerals like potassium, magnesium and zinc to keep your body balanced. Also turemic.

I just came off a 36 hour fast this morning.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Put some pink Himalayan salt in your water, it will curb headaches.

You also need minerals like potassium, magnesium and zinc to keep your body balanced. Also turemic.

WTF?!?!?

Can you WALK me through THAT one...

how exactly did that go?

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what meal site's are you guys following? I need learn how to better break my fast......

I usually break my fast with some plant protein with almond milk or an apple then I have bigger meal 30 minutes to an hour later. You don't want to break a fast with high carbs or sugar. Have something low on the glycemic index because your body will be sensitive to glucose

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I usually break my fast with some plant protein with akmond milk or an apple then I have bigger meal 30 minutes to an hour later. You don't want to break a fast with high carbs or sugar. Have something low on the glycemic index because your body will be sensitive to glucose

^^^^^

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WTF?!?!?

how exactly did that go?

Every week I start a fast Monday evening starting at 7pm. I wake up Tuesdayhave water or green tea. I do a hard workout around 11, to burn all the glycogen out of my body to get on fat burn mode faster.

I break my fast Wednesday mornings at 7am with some plant protein or an apple.the mental focus and energy you have on 24 hour plus fast is crazy.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Put some pink Himalayan salt in your water, it will curb headaches.

Thank you for the insight and suggestions!

I just came off of a 64 hour fast a couple of hours ago.

tenor.gif

WTF?!?!?

how exactly did that go?

I last ate Sunday just before 8pm, and then ate at noon today. It was ok other than having a bad headache yesterday.

Drank nothing but water because I’m about that life!

EminentSevereAtlanticspadefish-max-1mb.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Every week I start a fast Monday evening starting at 7pm. I wake up Tuesday have water or green tea. I do a hard workout around 11, to burn all the glycogen out of my body to get on fat burn mode faster.

I break my fast Wednesday mornings at 7am with some plant protein or an apple.the mental focus and energy you have on 24 hour plus fast is crazy.

WOW...

that is IMPRESSIVE ya'll showing CRAZY discipline.

So no cravings? no real lightheartedness? seems even the headaches are mild if at all?

OK so OBVIOUSLY a rookie like me can't go full black Panther like you.

what woulds YOU recommend as a good starter's formula to intermittent fasting?

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WOW...

that is IMPRESSIVE ya'll showing CRAZY discipline.

So no cravings? no real lightheartedness? seems even the headaches are mild if at all?

OK so OBVIOUSLY a rookie like me can't go full black Panther like you.

what woulds YOU recommend as a good starter's formula to intermittent fasting?

If i get those symptoms i put some pink Himalayan salt in my water or tea.

I started on the 16:8. Most days i do 20:4 and Sunday/Monday i do one meal a day but those are cheat meals.

When you start your body takes time to get in balance to not eating all day, but adjusts in about 2 weeks.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Thank you for the insight and suggestions!

I just came off of a 64 hour fast a couple of hours ago.

tenor.gif

I last ate Sunday just before 8pm, and then ate at noon today. It was ok other than having a bad headache yesterday.

Drank nothing but water because I’m about that life!

EminentSevereAtlanticspadefish-max-1mb.gif

wait wait.....

REALLY,!

no cravings?

no stomach aches.

OK not to get TOO graphic but the bathroom situation was OK too?

ALL that water, isn't that essentially like a cleansing too?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wait wait.....

REALLY,!

no cravings?

no stomach aches.

OK not to get TOO graphic but the bathroom situation was OK too?

ALL that water, isn't that essentially like a cleansing too?

Cravings? Nah not me...

I’m joking, the first day’s cool until the evening. Then I start thinking about food.

Second day’s better, but then I start fantasizing about food! :roflmao: All kids of foods, and desserts too!:lol:

I remember how food tastes, and the passion that I have for it! But then I realize that there’s a goal in place and since I‘be went this far to keep going.

And I drink lots of water so I have to number 1 a lot.

Every once in a while my stomach will rumble but nothing serious.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Cravings? Nah not me...

I’m joking, the first day’s cool until the evening. Then I start thinking about food.

Second day’s better, but then I start fantasizing about food! :roflmao: All kids of foods, and desserts too!:lol:

I remember how food tastes, and the passion that I have for it! But then I realize that there’s a goal in place and since I‘be went this far to keep going.

And I drink lots of water so I have to number 1 a lot.

Every once in a while my stomach will rumble but nothing serious.

OK yall made me feel better!

so you do the plant protein etc like @meilmarc immediately after?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Every week I start a fast Monday evening starting at 7pm. I wake up Tuesdayhave water or green tea. I do a hard workout around 11, to burn all the glycogen out of my body to get on fat burn mode faster.

what specifically do you mean?

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
I'm getting real confused here...

So some folk are not eating ANYTHING at ALL all day?

Some eat at certain TIMES?

Can you give me a solid example of a 7 day intermittent fast regime?

Trying to lose like 10 pounds.

but I wanted to try to eat only in a specific window.

What should I consume (if anything) during the actual fast? What is BEST besides water?

any supplements I should add? etc

thanks.
Some people are making it complicated. Do a 16/8. Skip breakfast, eat between 12pm-8pm. Drink plenty of water and don't eat beyond a calorie deficit for your current weight. You can check this with a fitness app like my fitness pal.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Some people are making it complicated. Do a 16/8. Skip breakfast, eat between 12pm-8pm. Drink plenty of water and don't eat beyond a calorie deficit for your current weight. You can check this with a fitness app like my fitness pal.

thank yo fam yall broke this down WAY BETTER than I've been getting.

I'm gonna check that app now.

edit:

got it

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Are the numbers 4,6 and 8 really that complicated? :lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I might juice once a week and cheat every 2 weeks. However, I like to eat hearty as a reward for maintaining my fast.

what I didn't like was as I was researching?

dudes were getting COMPETITIVE and sh*t with the duration times

That is why I was so confused with the numbers..

I told @Picasso what I was INITIALLY trying to do

He was gonna call 911 to do an emergency visit on me

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just did a 47hr yesterday, was nothing. Felt a little muscle soreness the night of the first day, but after sleeping that night, woke up and ran the next morning like nothing.

see what I'm saying @Quek9 ?

Mixd is my brother too for real for real

but I can't mess with him when he on his T'Challa sh*t.