The power of intermittent fasting

FUCKYOU

Cripto millonario vampiro
BGOL Investor
starting today, glad i saw tgis post... just tells me im right in my decision to do this.. 16/8 with coffee anytime

Efkie

International
International Member
The Authority

Last edited:

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Just want to add my two cents...
This Xmas, we were taking pics and my kids made a sideshow of past Xmas's and they were like dad look at your face and can definitely see the difference.

I was always a stocky guy, think over a year ago, I was about 240-260 and I'm 6'2". I now been hovering 195-205. Been wanting to get down to about 185, but haven't even really been trying, I won't lie. All this past year really effortlessly maintained my weight loss just doing one meal a day majority of the time.

This Thanksgiving to Xmas it's been cold, haven't been running outdoors, got busy with my home biz and haven't jumped on the treadmill like I used to when I can't go outdoors.

But point is, it's rewarding looking back at the old pics because I never realized how much I lost visually as much as I have. Looking at a scale is great but seeing your own B4 and after pics, is like whoa.

So keep at it...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I am still on track. I dropped 6 more pounds.

Nice. Congrats - nice to see the effectiveness. Got a coworker who started intermittent fasting last year. Healthy dude - just wanted to clean up his lifestyle from pre-covid days. Did alot of drinking. 6’4”, 220lb range. Has played in a rec bball league for 10 yrs and does other stuff like running and tennis. Reminded him to be careful about his water hydration. Especially with the amount of cardio. He was doing 16-8 and 18-6 if I recall correctly.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Just want to add my two cents...
This Xmas, we were taking pics and my kids made a sideshow of past Xmas's and they were like dad look at your face and can definitely see the difference.

I was always a stocky guy, think over a year ago, I was about 240-260 and I'm 6'2". I now been hovering 195-205. Been wanting to get down to about 185, but haven't even really been trying, I won't lie. All this past year really effortlessly maintained my weight loss just doing one meal a day majority of the time.

This Thanksgiving to Xmas it's been cold, haven't been running outdoors, got busy with my home biz and haven't jumped on the treadmill like I used to when I can't go outdoors.

But point is, it's rewarding looking back at the old pics because I never realized how much I lost visually as much as I have. Looking at a scale is great but seeing your own B4 and after pics, is like whoa.

So keep at it...

Agreed. Always really rewarding when loved ones acknowledge your healthful improvements. Props.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is anybody fasting along with doing keto?

If so, what are you doing about the cramps? I did keto about a decade ago and the weight just poured off, about 15 pounds in 2 weeks. I fell off of it because of my work schedule. Every time I've tried it since then, I've had a problem getting through the cramping phase.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Is anybody fasting along with doing keto?

If so, what are you doing about the cramps? I did keto about a decade ago and the weight just poured off, about 15 pounds in 2 weeks. I fell off of it because of my work schedule. Every time I've tried it since then, I've had a problem getting through the cramping phase.
Up your calcium, magnesium, and add taurine intake.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
I've tried that with supplements and it didn't work. Is there any particular food or meals that have worked?
You might need to get some blood work and see what your body is deficient in. If I don't take 2400mg of calcium, 1000mg of magnesium, and 1200mg of taurine I will cramp up badly.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You might need to get some blood work and see what your body is deficient in. If I don't take 2400mg of calcium, 1000mg of magnesium, and 1200mg of taurine I will cramp up badly.
Yeah, thank you. I just had a comprehensive panel done, everything normal. I've had this problem with cramps my whole life. When I tried keto, I'll get them in my ribs, abs and forearms.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Yeah, thank you. I just had a comprehensive panel done, everything normal. I've had this problem with cramps my whole life. When I tried keto, I'll get them in my ribs, abs and forearms.
Something is triggering them. I get them in my abs, calves, and hamstrings. Once I figured out what I was deficient in, I was good. You might need a sweat analysis to see what your body is losing when you perspire.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
What are you drinking or taking in daily?

Every morn I take coffee, then after a cup of burdock tea with seamoss. All day I do drink a lot of water. In the past, if hungry, used to add a pinch of Himalayan Salt to my water and helps with hunger and muscle aches. I do 23/1 daily for over a year now.

Also I do vitamins morn and eve. Important to take Magnesium Glycinate, at night when fasting B4 bed.

You ever do bone broth?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
An interesting listen - playing this podcast ep' at the moment ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

Thanks aware of it, but never understood if some think to take that during your fasting window because it's clearly more than 10 calories. And I wouldn't take that as my one meal for the day. Could I guess if you want to drop drastic weight or something but for that I'd just do a two or three day fast. Longest I've done is a 70 hour. But I was for a few months doing two day fasts weekly for 47 hrs. Those are easy for me.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On a 16-8 schedule can you split the 8 hours? has anyone done it this way? is it still effective?

For example, I'd prefer to allow 4 hours in the morning for breakfast/lunch and 4 hours in the evening for dinner/snack.

8am-12pm (breakfast/ lunch)
12pm to 4pm (Fast)
4pm to 8pm (Dinner/Snack)
8pm to 8am (Fast)

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
On a 16-8 schedule can you split the 8 hours? has anyone done it this way? is it still effective?

For example, I'd prefer to allow 4 hours in the morning for breakfast/lunch and 4 hours in the evening for dinner/snack.

12pm to 4pm (Fast)
8pm to 8am (Fast)
You're only fasting 12 hrs.
Just because you're spacing out 4 hrs, you're now giving your body time to kick in autophagy. That's not a fast

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered

12pm to 4pm (Fast)
8pm to 8am (Fast)

IMO that’s not fasting. That’s regular eating schedule not bad thing but your not reaching autophagy or ketosis

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In 6 hours that’ll mark my 48 hour fast, yep I’m doing great!

giphy.gif