The power of intermittent fasting

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
On a 16-8 schedule can you split the 8 hours? has anyone done it this way? is it still effective?

For example, I'd prefer to allow 4 hours in the morning for breakfast/lunch and 4 hours in the evening for dinner/snack.

8am-12pm (breakfast/ lunch)
12pm to 4pm (Fast)
4pm to 8pm (Dinner/Snack)
8pm to 8am (Fast)

Nah, that's not a fast. The fast has to be one solid block of not eating and one small solid block of eating for all the food you're going to eat for the day.

So if you wanted to eat breakfast at noon and eat dinner before 4pm, and snack in between, your eating window would be from 12 pm to 4pm, and you would fast from 4pm to noon the next day. That's a 20-hr fast or 20:4 fast. But a 20:4 fast is better suited for people who want to eat their meals closer together like Lunch/Dinner or Breakfast/Lunch.

Since you want to do a breakfast meal and a dinner meal, you would be better off doing a 16-hr fast or 16:8, having an 8-hr eating window like:
8am to 4pm (eating breakfast at 8am; finish eating dinner by 4pm)
9am to 5pm
10am to 6pm
11am to 7pm
12pm to 8pm

ThaS

International
International Member
If you really need to lose weight asap: Try this!

IF + A High protein plant based diet (beans/legums/oats/vegatables) + 30 min skipping rope a day

You can also just walk if you hate skipping. But imo skipping rope is the best cardio exercise that works muscles in several parts of the body. It's fun also. And when you get good, you can also do tricks etc etc.

BdR5W4qcl7iMJXKVcxK4zcv60grgBLl3yUCaB78-5LC7x_d7bXpBJkh-P11nfC3KpUiM6L8GQMdb3Tp6HdUPzPt_i6q8w6XPmGkiI-zimBeo5-g9QJeQtzwlMpgqKJVXgVmG5KM

I have weighted skipping ropes myself (from crossrope.com).

But ya, you can also get some cheap ass ones.

Last edited:

ThaS

International
International Member
On a 16-8 schedule can you split the 8 hours? has anyone done it this way? is it still effective?

For example, I'd prefer to allow 4 hours in the morning for breakfast/lunch and 4 hours in the evening for dinner/snack.

12pm to 4pm (Fast)
8pm to 8am (Fast)

Just skip your breakfast or dinner. The longer your fast, the better the results. But don't beat yourself up. If it's hard start slowly.

I'm doing a 20/4 fast at the moment. But it took some time to get where i'm at.. I'm eating from 2pm - 6pm.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just skip your breakfast or dinner. The longer your fast, the better the results. But don't beat yourself up. If it's hard start slowly.

I'm doing a 20/4 fast at the moment. But it took some time to get where i'm at.. I'm eating from 2pm - 6pm.
I like breakfast.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah, that's not a fast. The fast has to be one solid block of not eating and one small solid block of eating for all the food you're going to eat for the day.

So if you wanted to eat breakfast at noon and eat dinner before 4pm, and snack in between, your eating window would be from 12 pm to 4pm, and you would fast from 4pm to noon the next day. That's a 20-hr fast or 20:4 fast. But a 20:4 fast is better suited for people who want to eat their meals closer together like Lunch/Dinner or Breakfast/Lunch.

Since you want to do a breakfast meal and a dinner meal, you would be better off doing a 16-hr fast or 16:8, having an 8-hr eating window like:
9am to 5pm
10am to 6pm
11am to 7pm
12pm to 8pm
that is 16-8 though. I wanna split the 8 up. It would still be 16 of no eating but i understand.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get it.
Yeah the reason that you want to keep the fast straight is so that you can get your liver's glycogen stores depleted and that you can keep the pancreas from secreting post-prandial (after eating) insulin. This will allow for more fat burning and more insulin sensitivity in the long term.

Remember use your sleep as a big part of your fast it makes it easier.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah the reason that you want to keep the fast straight is so that you can get your liver's glycogen stores depleted and that you can keep the pancreas from secreting post-prandial (after eating) insulin. This will allow for more fat burning and more insulin sensitivity in the long term.

Thanks for the tips Trying to lose about 20-30 pounds to get back lean and gain some muscle tone.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

12pm to 4pm (Fast)
8pm to 8am (Fast)

Thats killing the benefits of IF.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Trust me everything’s depleted!

tenor.gif

digital530

Rising Star
Platinum Member
can you share your specific routine?

and did you use an app to help you keep track?

For breakfast I would have 10am 16oz Joe's mean green Juice or black coffee no sugar if I had black coffee then just 16oz water around 11:30am 2:00pm 16oz of Joe's mean green juice if your still hungry can up it to 24oz for dinner no later than 6:00pm veggie and a protein carbs if want 8pm green Tea no sugar And water whenever you are having hungry pains also 7 keto pills one in the Morning and one right before bed rense and repeat.

I'm in my second week. I will say the first three days where tough, but once was I got into a flow it's been great.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
For breakfast I would have 10am 16oz Joe's mean green Juice or black coffee no sugar if I had black coffee then just 16oz water around 11:30am 2:00pm 16oz of Joe's mean green juice if your still hungry can up it to 24oz for dinner no later than 6:00pm veggie and a protein carbs if want 8pm green Tea no sugar And water whenever you are having hungry pains also 7 keto pills one in the Morning and one right before bed rense and repeat.

I'm in my second week. I will say the first three days where tough, but once was I got into a flow it's been great.

I really appreciate this fam..

and congratulations much respect for your discipline.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

is this the juice? You made it your self?

which keto pills you recommend?

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers...o-Nutritional-Supplements/zgbs/hpc/6990032011

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

9am to 5pm
10am to 6pm
11am to 7pm
12pm to 8pm
This...

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What’s up fellas! Does anyone know a remedy to stop from getting headaches during fasts?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I'm getting real confused here...

So some folk are not eating ANYTHING at ALL all day?

Some eat at certain TIMES?

Can you give me a solid example of a 7 day intermittent fast regime?

Trying to lose like 10 pounds.

but I wanted to try to eat only in a specific window.

What should I consume (if anything) during the actual fast? What is BEST besides water?

any supplements I should add? etc

thanks.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What’s up fellas! Does anyone know a remedy to stop from getting headaches during fasts?

Is this common?

I want to start in February and any tips or just an example of your own personal routine would be very helpful..

I'm getting conflicting info.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is this common?

I want to start in February and any tips or just an example of your own personal routine would be very helpful..

I can do 20 hours fasting and 4 hours of eating. That’s right, a 4-6 hour window of eating and it’s not that bad.

But I also just fast for days at a time, that’s when I get the headaches.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I only eat from noon through 4pm, yeah I know that’s a right window.

A six hour window is easier, 10am-4pm. That way if you eat just before four it should carry your through the evening.

OK so what are eating in your window?

Is it like straight vegan or vegetarian?

Are you eating whatever you want?

Is it like roasted chicken brown rice vegetables strict?

How much WATER are you drinking throughout the day?

Any vitamins etc?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OK so what are eating in your window?

Is it like straight vegan or vegetarian?

Are you eating whatever you want?

Is it like roasted chicken brown rice vegetables strict?

How much WATER are you drinking throughout the day?

Any vitamins etc?

I eat whatever I want during the hours I can eat. I tend to eat light until the weekends anyway so nothing special for me. Jus try to eat a little lighter if you want to lose additional weight.

Don’t eat like a bear to prepare for hibernation! :lol:

I try to drink my 64oz jug of water everyday.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I eat whatever I want during the hours I can eat. I tend to eat light until the weekends anyway so nothing special for me. Jus try to eat a little lighter if you want to lose additional weight.

Don’t eat like a bear to prepare for hibernation! :lol:

I try to drink my 64oz jug of water everyday.

thank you fam.

I was getting so many conflicting answers....

some are VERY specific and some are much more relaxed like yours

and I got some people telling me it will kill me. :lol:

I'm going to try this out using the 12-4 window to start.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
thank you fam.

I was getting so many conflicting answers....

some are VERY specific and some are much more relaxed like yours

and I got some people telling me it will kill me. :lol:

I'm going to try this out using the 12-4 window to start.

I would suggest trying the 10-4 window so that you can have breakfast first, but if you’re that tuff then do you!

source.gif

:lol:

ThaS

International
International Member
Is this common?

Headaches are a side effect of intermittent fasting. I have headaches when i'm really active on a long fast.
Try drinking a lot of water. And limit your caffeine intake (black coffee). This should help a bit!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Headaches are a side effect of intermittent fasting. I have headaches when i'm really active on a long fast.
Try drinking a lot of water. And limit your caffeine intake (black coffee). This should help a bit!

Oh so NO CAFFINE?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wait wait wait hold on

I think I'm misunderstanding?

10 pm to 4 am

or

10 am to 4 pm?

I’m trying to help you, 10am through 4pm should be easier for you to start out with. The window is extended to give you a chance to eat breakfast at 10am so that you don’t totally shock your body and your system.

If you want to Go Hard to start out, then do 12-4pm for a four hour eating window.

Both are good, it just depends on how hard you want to go to start the process.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I’m trying to help you, 10am through 4pm should be easier for you to start out with. The window is extended to give you a chance to eat breakfast at 10am so that you don’t totally shock your body and your system.

If you want to Go Hard to start out, then do 12-4pm for a four hour eating window.

Both are good, it just depends on how hard you want to go to start the process.

OK thank you for the help man cause I was getting confused!

I like being able to eat from 10 am to 4 pm that gives me MUCH more flexibility!

i might have to PM you fam for support if that's ok!