The Official KODI/Cord Cutters discussion thread "No Spoilers"

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Jojopeeps69

Rising Star
OG Investor
Thanks for the good information gentlemen! Put an order in today. This and the Beast should be a winner! :yes:

itzmotto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone have issues installing the beast?
I've bin trying since yesterday on my lap no go

baboss2212

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I'm bout to cop 1.
Thank u brethren. Thanx to the other posters who also put me on cutting the cord and other gems.

If I have like 5 of these running my house, how can I maximize my WiFi so all devices run smooth without any buffering issues?

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I'm bout to cop 1.
Thank u brethren. Thanx to the other posters who also put me on cutting the cord and other gems.

If I have like 5 of these running my house, how can I maximize my WiFi so all devices run smooth without any buffering issues?
Man that's a whole 'nother topic.

I run DD-WRT on my router. There's a variety of settings you have to play with according to how far the furthest device will be from your router if you have the ability to manipulate that stuff. If you don't have DD-WRT, then this will all sound foreign.

But you can manipulate the ACK settings and the broadcast modes according to the types of devices jn your network. Like you may have only N or only G or with some do routers can mix both.

Also can alter the broadcast range.

Best to have a general knowledge on networking of you're gonna mess with this stuff or just Google settings of other ddwrt users.

baboss2212

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Thanx. Yeah some of that shit...Idk about. Fuck around and buy an extra modem or some shit

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm bout to cop 1.

I know everyone prefers wifi, but if possible, use Ethernet cables on your devices.
Never have to worry about spotty wifi connections when you got your shit plugged in directly to the router or a switch.
Helps to have the house pre-wired for it though.

baboss2212

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I know everyone prefers wifi, but if possible, use Ethernet cables on your devices.
Never have to worry about spotty wifi connections when you got your shit plugged in directly to the router or a switch.

I got.my gbox connected with the Ethernet cord but I also have my xbox1, ps4, wii,and this new box I jus ordered all wireless.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Yup...

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
UPDATE: I put the order in on Sat, 10/17, got the tracking no. yesterday, and its saying it was delivered TODAY,10/20 (Im at work right now). If so, thats maaad quick. Looks like it shipped from Staten Island, and Im in Queens, but still...thats excellent service..

You can install it on your desktop and play with it prior to buying a box. I suggest that to all my friends. It's how I first learned it years back. You can run it on Windows, Mac and Linux. Really no excuse not to be familiar with it prior to getting the box in the mail.

You mess it up, just wipe it out and start over. That's the cool thing about Kodi. It will seem less intimidating to those starting out.
Thanks again. Ima take the advice here and watch a few youtube instructional vids on the media box + Kodi.

Should I be able to find live ufc events using this thing?

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
For live UFC, check Sports Devil, also Phoenix, Gorilla Streams, Zeus and I've never tried it but some are saying Mobdro is good for that.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Google Nexus Player on Clearance at Target for $24.98

Here's the DCPI

008-06-5555
Thanks for the heads up! I see four in stock at a nearby Target; plan to be there when they open at 8am and hopefully at least one will still be available.

super_glue

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got my X2 in 2 days. I've been able to stream live local tv. I need some working sports, movie, and anime add ons.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
I got my X2 in 2 days. I've been able to stream live local tv. I need some working sports, movie, and anime add ons.

Just put the beast on it and you will need nothing else.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7eE_4r-rbx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c1fCMqQ_5Oc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

luvpussy

The wallaby champ
Registered
Alright after seeing the fam give this rave reviews, i'm pulling the trigger on this thing.

GAMBINO

Rising Star
OG Investor
I need to know how to get my VOD App on this joint. Tried reaching out to they corporate contacts but they in China :confused: