The Official KODI/Cord Cutters" discussion thread

Beelink X2 – The World’s Most Affordable 4K TV Box KODI pre-installed $ 34.52

1zhh1w.jpg
1434304543109-P-2694707-679x390.jpg

X2-TV-Box-Ports-679x346.jpg

201506031109379600-679x390.jpg

201506031110237676-679x390.jpg

Offer Info

Looking for more than just a simple streaming box? The Beelink X2 Android 4.4 TV Box does it all, and it does it all in 4K extreme HD quality!

Running the full Android 4.4 OS, the X2 gives you the ability to run virtually any Android APP on your TV. The powerful H3 quad core processor and graphics engine provides stellar performance for high definition video playback.

Enjoy high performance HD streaming from the internet and local media to your TV with the Beelink X2 TV Box!
Features / Benefits

● KODI Home Theater Software pre-installed: Over 50 most popular Add-ons installed in your KODI.
● XBMC supported. XBMC can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats.
● True 4K x 2K Quad Core XBMC H.265 decoding.
● High performance Quad Core cortex-A7 CPU paired with a powerful graphics processor to provide the best TV box experience.
● Features 1GB DDR3 RAM, 8GB ROM (with maximum external capacity up to 32GB).
● 2.4GHz WiFi, connect effortlessly in a world without wires.
● HDMI connectivity for the best 4K x 2K FHD multimedia experience.
● Extreme HD 4K and Full HD 1080P supported.
● Comes with a RJ45 port for 10 / 100M Ethernet which provides a strong network extension.
● Support Miracast.
● Multi-language support for multiple regions and dialects around the world.

● Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4
● CPU: Quad-core A7 up to 1.5 GHz
● GPU: Mali400MP2 GPU
● Memory: 1GB
● Internal Storage: 8GB + MicroSD card slot (up to 32GB)
● Connectivity: 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, 10/100 Ethernet
● Audio/Video Output: HDMI, SP-DIF
● Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0

http://www.everbuying.net/product93...utm_medium=shareasale&utm_campaign=shareasale

Last edited:

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
1436401593883-P-2817737.jpg

1436401593568-P-2817737.jpg

Beelink i68 TV Box UHD 4K HDMI 2.0 Mini PC Android 5.1 RK3368 2GB 8GB H.265 Decoding - 2GB RAM + 8GB ROM BLACK 137130601

Octa Core 2.4G 5.8G WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 XBMC KDDI with USB TF Card SPDIF Slot

$81.68
http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_211700.html

201507091614541039.jpg

201507091614549565.jpg

Main Features:
● KODI pre-installed: Over 50 most popular Add-ons installed in your KODI.
● XBMC supported. XBMC can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats.
● Newest Android 5.1 KiKat: Rapid and stable, gives you access to over 800,000 apps including Facebook, Youtube, Picasa and more.
● HDMI 2.0 connector: You can go directly to let your TV and Beelink i68 are connected through a HDMI cable and set up your home cinema for the best 4K x 2K HD multimedia experience.
● Professional H.265 video decoding technology and 2.4G 5.8G WiFi, offering a more stable WiFi signal to enjoy a higher quality video experience.
● 2GB RAM + 8GB ROM, 64GB maximum extended capacity gives you more space to download your favorite apps and caches to browse websites, play games, run apps, watch movies more smoothly.
● Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity: Easy pairing with most Bluetooth-enabled devices (computer, mobile phone, keyboard, and others).
● Comes with a RJ45 jackfor 100M Ethernet which provides a strong network extension.
● Three USB host ports and one OTG port: Connect with your mouse and keyboard to help you operate more convenient.
● Infrared remote control let you enjoy your wonderful life which the wireless brings to you.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Man, you got me wanting to pull the trigger. I've been wanting to get a setup and have been looking into

1)Chromebox
2)CuBox

Yeah man that joint has kodi already installed for under 35 dollars. I'll cop for the price alone.

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Nice specs at the price range.

But what I have noticed in my experience is that boxes that run off Linux (OpenElec) are a little more stable than Android boxes. If I get this I personally would load it with OpenElec.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nice specs at the price range.

But what I have noticed in my experience is that boxes that run off Linux (OpenElec) are a little more stable than Android boxes. If I get this I personally would load it with OpenElec.

Question does OpenElec means you can't install other apps like Netflix/Amazon? Unless I'm assuming they have versions for Linux?

PeerlessMack

Platinum Member
Question does OpenElec means you can't install other apps like Netflix/Amazon? Unless I'm assuming they have versions for Linux?

Correct. Openelec basically makes it a straight-forward streaming box/ media center. Which is why it is so stable because it doesn't have other apps running in the background. You won't be able to run Netflix or Hulu on it. If that is what you want to do then stick with Android.

I have experience with all 3 devices (windows htpc, android box, and openelec box). The openelec box has the most seamless integration. But I only have Kodi on it. Nothing else.

It's just my experience.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Correct. Openelec basically makes it a straight-forward streaming box/ media center. Which is why it is so stable because it doesn't have other apps running in the background. You won't be able to run Netflix or Hulu on it. If that is what you want to do then stick with Android.

I have experience with all 3 devices (windows htpc, android box, and openelec box). The openelec box has the most seamless integration. But I only have Kodi on it. Nothing else.

It's just my experience.

Gotcha! Thanks...

PeerlessMack

Platinum Member
is this better than the gbox?

It's too new of a device to have any solid data on it. But the specs look good.

There are netflix and amazon addons for kodi.

Don't know how they look and act though.

None are truly stable. That has been the headache for addon developers. Sometimes they work and other times they don't.

The saving grace is that anything that is on Netflix is on one of the Kodi addons 99% of the time.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looking for more than just a simple streaming box? The Beelink X2 Android 4.4 TV Box does it all, and it does it all in 4K extreme HD quality!

Running the full Android 4.4 OS, the X2 gives you the ability to run virtually any Android APP on your TV. The powerful H3 quad core processor and graphics engine provides stellar performance for high definition video playback.

Enjoy high performance HD streaming from the internet and local media to your TV with the Beelink X2 TV Box!
Features / Benefits

● KODI Home Theater Software pre-installed: Over 50 most popular Add-ons installed in your KODI.
● True 4K x 2K Quad Core XBMC H.265 decoding.
● High performance Quad Core cortex-A7 CPU paired with a powerful graphics processor to provide the best TV box experience.
● Features 1GB DDR3 RAM, 8GB ROM (with maximum external capacity up to 32GB).
● 2.4GHz WiFi, connect effortlessly in a world without wires.
● HDMI connectivity for the best 4K x 2K FHD multimedia experience.
● Extreme HD 4K and Full HD 1080P supported.
● Comes with a RJ45 port for 10 / 100M Ethernet which provides a strong network extension.
● Support Miracast.
● Multi-language support for multiple regions and dialects around the world.

● Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4
● CPU: Quad-core A7 up to 1.5 GHz
● GPU: Mali400MP2 GPU
● Memory: 1GB
● Internal Storage: 8GB + MicroSD card slot (up to 32GB)
● Connectivity: 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, 10/100 Ethernet
● Audio/Video Output: HDMI, SP-DIF
● Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0

http://www.everbuying.net/product93...utm_medium=shareasale&utm_campaign=shareasale

What the hell...I'll check it out!

Mega

Support BGOL
Registered
u are still better off getting an amazon fire stick this joints don't come with a remote

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fair Warning...

I bought the device whenever my last posting was on this thread about it..I think maybe 1 month now.

After about 1 month of so-so quality. IT'S DEAD! Powers on but doesn't display anything on the Television. Tried everything at this point and have concluded..well that's what you get for 39.99.

geezy

Star
BGOL Investor
All of the other Android boxes come with a remote so I'm pretty sure this one probably does too even though it doesn't show in the description.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
waiting to see how the tech heads say!:yes:
i have the kodi joint on the pc & mac.... it looks better on the pc.

I dnt know whatwould be the value of buying the box if i use it from my ppc/mac after i ditched netflix, hulu, & hbo now!

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Got my joint Tuesday man this is the shit:eek::dance::dance: Bout to cop another one right now for my pops it's perfect for ol heads that don't know how to download new releases.

PeerlessMack

Platinum Member
Fair Warning...

I bought the device whenever my last posting was on this thread about it..I think maybe 1 month now.

After about 1 month of so-so quality. IT'S DEAD! Powers on but doesn't display anything on the Television. Tried everything at this point and have concluded..well that's what you get for 39.99.

You said you tried everything so I am assuming that you tried a factory reset. If so then you should look into returning it.

Also, did you add any extras to it? Was the OS still Android?

just curious

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You said you tried everything so I am assuming that you tried a factory reset. If so then you should look into returning it.

Also, did you add any extras to it? Was the OS still Android?

just curious

Fam,

The device came literally from China! International labeling legit on it. I tried the unplug, rest button, tried it on a different TV and HDMI cord. Nothing but a black screen.

I suppose I could try and return it. But considering where it came from that might be tedious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeerlessMack

Platinum Member
Fam,

The device came literally from China! International labeling legit on it. I tried the unplug, rest button, tried it on a different TV and HDMI cord. Nothing but a black screen.

I suppose I could try and return it. But considering where it came from that might be tedious!

Chine? I feel ya. At that low of a price it may nit be worth the handle.

The only other option is to try to see if you can flash it and load another OS on it.

Keep us posted if you figure it out.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Chine? I feel ya. At that low of a price it may nit be worth the handle.

The only other option is to try to see if you can flash it and load another OS on it.

Keep us posted if you figure it out.

How? No video output! Nothing! Can't see shit like Stevie!

geezy

Star
BGOL Investor
Fam,

More than likely the firmware needs to be upgraded on the box. I had the black screen on a mxq box from china, did a firmware upgrade and it fixed the problem

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor
Fair Warning...

Does it have actual Beelink branding on it? No? It's a fake.

[rant] I hate it when manufacturers preload the ROMs and Kodi with a bunch of unnecessary apps and addons. It's why I roll my own. [/rant]

Anything more than Genesis and SportsAccess/SportsDevil is overkill for most people.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Fair Warning...

Go on YouTube and search for the vids and links about how to upgrade it's firmware. You don't need a screen output to do so. Typically can just telnet into the device or sftp. Or maybe just pop the firmware onto the SD card and it will update. I don't know cause I don't own the device, but have a few other Kodi type boxes, just need to follow the online support for these which seems to have a good following.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Go on YouTube and search for the vids and links about how to upgrade it's firmware. You don't need a screen output to do so. Typically can just telnet into the device or sftp. Or maybe just pop the firmware onto the SD card and it will update. I don't know cause I don't own the device, but have a few other Kodi type boxes, just need to follow the online support for these which seems to have a good following.

Will do! Thanks

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Oh I've preached it multiple times on here and will say it again, install The Beast on your Kodi devices. It's the truth. Installs all working add-ons for movies, live TV and stuff. The guy updates it like weekly, it configures your whole device, menus and all.

Search for ChrisB1810