The Official KODI/Cord Cutters discussion thread "No Spoilers"

geezy

Star
BGOL Investor
Oh I've preached it multiple times on here and will say it again, install The Beast on your Kodi devices. It's the truth. Installs all working add-ons for movies, live TV and stuff. The guy updates it like weekly, it configures your whole device, menus and all.

Search for ChrisB1810
Yeah the beast is nice. I have that on one tv and the spinz tv wizard on another

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Does this box let you stream sports in HD quality? If not is there any other device that does? I don't care about tv shows or movies cause I download all of them. I just need a way to stream live sports in good quality without cable.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Does this box let you stream sports in HD quality? If not is there any other device that does? I don't care about tv shows or movies cause I download all of them. I just need a way to stream live sports in good quality without cable.
This box does HD. Goes up to 4K as they say. But it's up to the add-on if the one you're watching streams in HD. That's hit or miss.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
I've been using WDTV for years. Sometimes I cast but mostly I have lots of content on a portable HD. I've been noticing the performance is getting kinda wonky in the last few months. Would this Beelink be a good replacement? Or is there something else that's better for my uses?

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I've been using WDTV for years. Sometimes I cast but mostly I have lots of content on a portable HD. I've been noticing the performance is getting kinda wonky in the last few months. Would this Beelink be a good replacement? Or is there something else that's better for my uses?
Don't have one so take my advice with a grain of salt. But it's about price and online support community with all these devices.

You have many using these online and asking questions and seems to be a strong following of users. Plus it's only $35.

Or you can get something like the Nexus box which is a strong company, Google, but made by Asus and has a wide user base. They are anywhere from 50 for a refurb to $80 on Amazon. Or can get the Firestick or Fire TV.

But to me $35 is a no brainer.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Don't have one so take my advice with a grain of salt. But it's about price and online support community with all these devices.

You have many using these online and asking questions and seems to be a strong following of users. Plus it's only $35.

Or you can get something like the Nexus box which is a strong company, Google, but made by Asus and has a wide user base. They are anywhere from 50 for a refurb to $80 on Amazon. Or can get the Firestick or Fire TV.

But to me $35 is a no brainer.

Well you are definitely right about that. I may give it a try.

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered
Oh I've preached it multiple times on here and will say it again, install The Beast on your Kodi devices. It's the truth. Installs all working add-ons for movies, live TV and stuff. The guy updates it like weekly, it configures your whole device, menus and all.

Search for ChrisB1810

Yeah the beast is nice. I have that on one tv and the spinz tv wizard on another

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The beast is great its just slow with all those automatic updates of a bunch of shit i will never use.

Link?

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
1zxr3w3.jpg

About: Kodi™ (formerly known as XBMC™) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more. Kodi runs on Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet.

Download:

Recommended Android Boxes:

Recommended Repository: SuperRepo (can be used to install most add-ons and repositories)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iEBuJhJsghg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Install SuperRepo - Worlds largest Kodi addons repository

Recommended Movie / TV Show Add-ons:
  • Genesis

* Install from the lambda repository
    * Add a free Alluc account for additional fast HD sources

• iSTREAM

* Install from the XunityTalk repository

• The Mutts Nutts

* Install from the jas0npc repository

• Stream All The Sources

* Install from the tknorris repository

Recommended Sports Add-ons:

Recommended Live TV Add-ons:
  • cCloud TV

* Install from the Pod God repository

• dexterTV

* Install from the dextertv repository

• USTVnow

* Install from the Kodi Add-on repository

• Vdubt25

* Install from the XunityTalk repository

Recommended Skins:

Guides:

mathtest

Rising Star
OG Investor

Search for ChrisB1810

yeah i did it over the weekend, i must note that its good for kodi veterans , if you jus want basic shows and shit the basic genesis add on and shit is all u need but if ur a cable cutter or someone who wants it all the beast is the best

PLEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
U sold me. I was about to order a stupid ass Fire Stick, I'm glad I hesitated. I was mad cause I have so much content on hard drives (20 Gbs), and it wasn't gonna have USB ports. This looks like a much better option, and a cheaper alternative to buying another WDTV Live. Just ordered mine. :yes::dance:

Cle Da YoungKingPin

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Search for ChrisB1810

the beast changed kodi for me :dance: :dance:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Will do! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any update on the issue you were having Boss?

Anyone else have any problems the shipping from the China Warehouse for the X2? Is the jernt legit or a fake??

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Great shit Database! I'm way behind on all this shit... I cut cable a long time ago and rely on Netflix, Amazon Prime and streaming sites/downloads for my viewing needs (cut down a lot lately).

Is this shit any good for a newb to all this Kodi type stuff? $34.95 seems kind of like a no brainer for something that comes pre-loaded :cool:

Thanks

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Can the beast work on MXQ box?
The Beast runs on Kodi. Doesn't matter the device. Beast is not something that is a piece of software or add-on. It's just the configuration of this guy ChrisB. It's the way he has his set up with add-ons and menus. Think he even posted a video on YouTube on how you can do it on your own, meaning making a similar set up.

So all the add-ons will still update independently. They have nothing to do with the Beast.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I just found this link and they have it for $36 shipping free from a US warehouse, so no long shipping wait from China

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_212002.html?wid=2

googled the site reviews, seems reputable
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gearbest.com
http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.gearbest.com

Thanks man. The info provided by both you and the other dudes here convinced me to go in on it. I just placed the order.

Hopefully this solves a handful of problems for me. Right now, my main issue is that I don't want my wife touching my PS3. She likes to sit around all day and night marathon watching shit on Netflix, and by the time she's done my PS3 feels like hot lava. My boy gave me an old Sony media player, but I think the version of Netflix that runs on it is non upgrade-able, so she can't find her NF queue and refuses to use it.

Needless to say I'm amped about this working out for me, and seeing what else I can do with it. I've never messed with Kodi before,so I'm hoping to take advantage of that too..

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Thanks man. The info provided by both you and the other dudes here convinced me to go in on it. I just placed the order.

Hopefully this solves a handful of problems for me. Right now, my main issue is that I don't want my wife touching my PS3. She likes to sit around all day and night marathon watching shit on Netflix, and by the time she's done my PS3 feels like hot lava. My boy gave me an old Sony media player, but I think the version of Netflix that runs on it is non upgrade-able, so she can't find her NF queue and refuses to use it.

Needless to say I'm amped about this working out for me, and seeing what else I can do with it. I've never messed with Kodi before,so I'm hoping to take advantage of that too..
You can install it on your desktop and play with it prior to buying a box. I suggest that to all my friends. It's how I first learned it years back. You can run it on Windows, Mac and Linux. Really no excuse not to be familiar with it prior to getting the box in the mail.

You mess it up, just wipe it out and start over. That's the cool thing about Kodi. It will seem less intimidating to those starting out.