{The Official 2021-22 NBA Thread} - Finals: Warriors vs Celtics…{4-2 advantage warriors } Dubs NBA champs, Curry MVP

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah, I think he might turn it down for a long term free agent deal

Some teams will have money next offseason....plus he's going to be pissed all year at Wiggins and Poole getting their money....when he was one of their big 3/4.
Nobody is paying a 34 year old player 27 million a year that isnt steph or LBJ caliber; Green will opt in to his deal; and if he wants to stay at GS after next year then he will take a pay cut..

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why they didn't go all in on a Kyrie trade when he was literally begging to get to LA is beyond me... or at this point even Buddy Heild... them dudes standing pat is definitely a horrible move by the GM

Now if LeBron wills them to a playoff berth on his greatness alone that's another story... but this ain't The Heatles LeBron and father time is still undefeated
Because they dont have nothing to offer; it takes 2 to make a trade; Nobody wants Russ so what else they got to offer??? and they cant give up their 2 remaining draft picks because they know they gonna be in the lottery over and over :giggle: ...

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCK!

But when you're winning championships it's worth it, especially when you're a billionaire. :)
Majority of these teams can afford it; they just dont wont too; dont let the media, which works for these owners, fool you; GS is just willing to pay moreso because they understand economics; and also the know the TV deals are about to explode; better pay the players now because when those TV rights deals get done, look out:eek2:...

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Because they dont have nothing to offer; it takes 2 to make a trade; Nobody wants Russ so what else they got to offer??? and they cant give up their 2 remaining draft picks because they know they gonna be in the lottery over and over :giggle: ...
True, but that championship window with LeBron is closing so you'd think they would do whatever to get a trade done...

Oh well, not my concern. I'm only worried about the youngsters we got here in Houston and seeing who's gonna be 1st runner up to the Warriors because barring a significant injury they're the deepest, most complete team in the association right now.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He’s the defensive linchpin of a coverage scheme ran by a defensive-minded coach. The Warriors’ success over the years can be attributed largely to their generational defense, and while the importance of Steph Curry can never be understated, it’s Green that quarterbacks and guides that defense. He’s a huge reason why the team-oriented defense works so well. To give this some perspective, the Warriors were the best-rated defense in the league over the course of the 45 games Green played last season, coming out to a 103.8 defensive rating which tops the Celtics’ 106.9 by… over 3 points. Better than the difference between the highest-rated team and the 7th-highest rated team. That is historically good, and the reason the Warriors were tied for the best defensive rating in the league last season, as they had a 112.0 rating without him, which would’ve been 15th overall.

4fd77011861a5cc2b67f19b516c0e12c.gif
Actually yes and no; its a combination of great defense and great offense; its not just one or the other; and personally I hate when people say defense wins chips; no it doesnt; ask the Knicks of the 90s if they won and they played defense; better yet, ask the Celtics how that works; because they finished the year "the best defensive team in the league"; how it work out for them in the finals though :hmm: its balance that wins chips; great defense and great offense...

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
True, but that championship window with LeBron is closing so you'd think they would do whatever to get a trade done...

Oh well, not my concern. I'm only worried about the youngsters we got here in Houston and seeing who's gonna be 1st runner up to the Warriors because barring a significant injury they're the deepest, most complete team in the association right now.
Trading for Kyrie though doesnt guarantee them anything; and actually I still would take 4 or 5 teams in the west, even if they had kyrie, over them; so why sacrifice your future for that; if im the Lakers Im not doing that; especially since AD cant stay healthy...

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Trading for Kyrie though doesnt guarantee them anything; and actually I still would take 4 or 5 teams in the west, even if they had kyrie, over them; so why sacrifice your future for that; if im the Lakers Im not doing that; especially since AD cant stay healthy...
Yeah but as is I'll take 7 or 8 teams over the Lakers now... with that window closing and them seemingly in WIN NOW mode, they should have made the trade.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
they WOULD have to pay someone and extra 10 to 20 million to not rock the boat on something like that....

but as far as the repercussions for greene...unless its a game check its piddling for a millionaire. He missed the last week of PRESEASON at his own request....so the answer to the question of what happened to draymond after he punched a teammate out...he got a SLAP ON THE WRIST. SHit he was fined and suspended for just cussing KD out so you KNOW this wasn't shit.

Different times
If this was during the season he'd been suspended for a game or two
This happened in preseason so why would it be handled later in the regular season?

It's been said it was a couple of game checks as punishment

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
And yet Pelinka got a contract extension :hmm: why?? Lakers have had 1 good year since LBJ has been there and that was a bubble thing; so that can be debated. But he has been horrible as a gm! the issue with LBJ and AD isnt the fit; its AD cant stay healthy; hes never stayed healthy; and hes not gonna ever stay healthy; and LBJ cant do it by himself; but again thats on Pelinka and LBJ with their horrible roster decisions...

We don't know how good Plinka's doing because of Lebron and Klutch

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Look,I have nothing against the guy but for people to hype him up when he had two good weeks of basketball doesn't deserve a documentary. Yao Ming deserve it more than him.

c6u6q.jpg
Ming is asian but he's also a freak of nature at over 7 feet. Lin was the first NORMAL sized Asian to show out like that in the NBA.