The Norovirus is the worst virus in the world.

Talked to one of my friends as his workplace had it with their health
care staffing and residents alike. He didn’t, but knew of a number of people who did.

The amount of vomiting and diarrhea sounded like an unsanitary nightmare.
 
Talked to one of my friends as his workplace had it with their health
care staffing and residents alike. He didn’t, but knew of a number of people who did.

The amount of vomiting and diarrhea sounded like an unsanitary nightmare.
There is no ramp up to give you time to prepare. You are perfectly fine one moment then boom. I just layed on the bathroom floor lol
 
Last edited:
That’s scary as fuck and like a worse version of food ppisoning with the immediate onset.
Bro it is literally the devil. I ain’t never been that sick. It hits you so hard and fast. I was literally shitting water ever 30 minutes and sometimes vomiting at the same time.

It was like no breaks. Finally when you able to hold down liquids the acid reflux and severe gas hits you.
 
Bro it is literally the devil. I ain’t never been that sick. It hits you so hard and fast. I was literally shitting water ever 30 minutes and sometimes vomiting at the same time.

It was like no breaks. Finally when you able to hold down liquids the acid reflux and severe gas hits you.


Damn! It’s like your body does an involuntary reset after maxing out dehydrating itself. Good gut bacteria depleted too, etc.
 
Damn! It’s like your body does an involuntary reset after maxing out dehydrating itself. Good gut bacteria depleted too, etc.
That’s what making it rough. I am struggling to digest simple shit. It’s like I am a baby all over again who is just eating solids again. I was reading that many had to get them so probiotics to help their system.

I get so bloated with just about anything other than white rice and chicken noodle soup
 
Did you take Imodium ? That helps stop the diarrhea. How much weight did you end up losing?

For those who have kids don’t let them play in the mud it runs rampant in there.
 
I lost about 9 lbs total as of this morning when I stepped on the scale. I haven’t taken Imodium yet

Yea sounds about right. Your body is purging itself fighting off the virus. Chicken soup with garlic will be your friend for a while once it subsides.

If your girl, wife, significant other has long or even short acrílico nails she either has to lose em or use gloves when preparing food. Most women don’t wash their hands fully and have all kinds of bacteria lodged in their nails. That bacteria will trigger the virus again.

I don’t let no woman with nails longer than 1-2cm cook for me anymore.
 
The daycare is a breeding ground of all types of viruses. I know I caught a bug from the daycare that had me throwing up and diarrhea. Whats crazy is me and wife was only at the daycare for about 20-30 minutes for my son's birthday party. All I saw was two year old kids running around with snot all over their faces picking up toys and shit. The women that watch the kids do their best constantly washing their hands and wiping snot from their faces but all it takes is an infected person sneezing and its over.
 
So you had it since Friday? How long is it supposed to last?
There is no ramp up so it it’s you immediately. You typically peak at 24 hours. That’s the worse of the worse (feel like dying)

After that you pretty much are over the “Norovirus” but are dealing with the side affects. For example, you digestive system may be very sensitive so getting painful bloating and gas after just small meals is debilitating

Or severe stomach cramps from the diarrhea that continues after the peak. So you can have side effects from a few days to over two weeks.

So you may not be able to eat for 3 days or so
 
The daycare is a breeding ground of all types of viruses. I know I caught a bug from the daycare that had me throwing up and diarrhea. Whats crazy is me and wife was only at the daycare for about 20-30 minutes for my son's birthday party. All I saw was two year old kids running around with snot all over their faces picking up toys and shit. The women that watch the kids do their best constantly washing their hands and wiping snot from their faces but all it takes is an infected person sneezing and its over.
Owning a cleaning business, people wonder why we charge so much to clean up a norovirus infection. It’s a virus that has a very hard coated shell that extremely hard to penetrate. It can live on surfaces for weeks.

Heat won’t kill it and most disinfectant have zero effect. You only need from 20 to 100 virus particles to make you sick. For perspective, 50,000 virus particles can fit on the tip of a pin
 
That’s what making it rough. I am struggling to digest simple shit. It’s like I am a baby all over again who is just eating solids again. I was reading that many had to get them so probiotics to help their system.

I get so bloated with just about anything other than white rice and chicken noodle soup


Good point re: the probiotics.

On a somewhat related note ... I had food poisoning twice in the early 2000s. Both times from work locations, with the problem being too many people handling food prep, cutlery, etc.

Each time I felt like sleeping outside of the washroom in the hallway. I felt like I was risking serious accident going back to bed.

Like you said ... that limited time in response is a headtrip especially when you feel as though your stomach has settled. It definitely hasn’t.
 


 
"HIV is far worse than norovirus because it is a lifelong, chronic condition that destroys the immune system and can lead to death if left untreated, whereas norovirus is a short-term stomach illness that usually goes away in a few days..."
 
ron-burgundy-escalated-quickly.png
 
Back
Top