Teen killed by rookie cop in Pittsburgh....on his FIRST...tour of duty...way to fucking go dipshit

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

Pittsburgh area teen killed after running from car suspected in a shooting, police say

180621002837-antwon-rose-02-exlarge-169.jpg
Antwon Rose was shot by an East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania officer on Tuesday

Hours after being sworn in on the local force Tuesday, a suburban Pittsburgh officer fatally shot a 17-year-old who ran when police stopped a vehicle suspected in a shooting, according to authorities and a local mayor.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office and a family attorney identified the victim as Antwon Rose II, of Rankin. Rose, who is African-American, died at a hospital. He had been a passenger in the car suspected of being involved in a shooting earlier Tuesday in a nearby community, Allegheny County Police said Wednesday.
Protesters on Wednesday converged on East Pittsburgh, the borough southeast of Pittsburgh where the shooting occurred.
Sometime before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, an unidentified person in a vehicle fired nine .40-caliber rounds at a 22-year-old in North Braddock borough, Allegheny County Police said. The victim, who returned fire, was struck and taken to a hospital, where he was treated and released.
Witnesses, including one who flagged down a police officer, described the vehicle in the shooting. Thirteen minutes later, an East Pittsburgh officer saw a vehicle they say matched the witnesses' description, a silver Chevy Cruze. The officer followed the car and stopped it around 8:40 p.m., according to authorities.

The officer ordered the driver out of the car and onto the ground, Allegheny County police said. Rose and an unidentified passenger "bolted" from the vehicle, and the East Pittsburgh officer fired at them, striking Rose, Allegheny County Police said.

Allegheny County Police Department

On June 19, 2018, at 8:27 p.m., County 9-1-1 received multiple calls reporting shots fired near the intersection of Jones and Baldridge Avenues in North Braddock Borough. Arriving officers found a 22-year-old man wounded by gunfire in the 800 block of Kirkpatrick; he was transported to a local hospital where he was treated for an abdominal wound and later released. Investigation revealed that the shooter fired nine .40 caliber rounds at the victim from a passing vehicle; the victim also returned fire at the vehicle.

Witnesses described the vehicle involved in the shooting, and the description was broadcast via police radio to responding officers and officers from surrounding municipalities. The vehicle description was updated by a witness who flagged down a police officer. An East Pittsburgh Police officer observed the suspect vehicle, a silver Chevy Cruze, travelling on North Avenue in East Pittsburgh. The officer followed the car onto Grandview Avenue and stopped the suspect vehicle at that location at 8:40 p.m. The driver of the vehicle was ordered out by the officer and directed to the ground. Two other occupants of the vehicle then bolted from the vehicle on foot. The East Pittsburgh officer fired his weapon, striking one of the fleeing suspects several times. The gunshot victim, a 17-year-old male, was transported to McKeesport hospital where he was pronounced deceased at 9:19 p.m. The occupant who was detained was later released. Two firearms were later recovered from the suspect vehicle. The third occupant who fled remains at large.

In accordance with police best practices in the aftermath of officer-involved shootings, Allegheny County Police Department (ACPD) Homicide detectives were requested to assume the role of independent investigating agency. The East Pittsburgh officer has been placed on administrative leave. ACPD Homicide will work closely with the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office as this investigation progresses, providing his staff with investigative findings for review.
Anyone with information related to this crime, or to the shooting in North Braddock that precipitated this event, is asked to call the Allegheny County Police Homicide Unit at 412-473-1300, or its Tip Line at 1-833-ALL-TIPS (1-833-255-8477). Callers can remain anonymous. The department can also be reached via its social media outlets.

A witness to the shooting captured it on video that was posted on Facebook.
In the video, one police SUV is seen stopped in the middle of the street as another police car pulls up behind it. Two people are seen running from the Chevy Cruze, and within seconds what appears to be three shots ring out. The two people appear to drop to the ground.
The woman who recorded the video is heard saying: "Why are they shooting at him?"
"All they did was run and they're shooting at them," the woman said.
The driver of the vehicle was later released, Allegheny County Police said. Authorities are still searching for the other passenger.

Rose was unarmed, Allegheny County Police Superintendent Coleman McDonough told reporters. Two firearms were recovered from the floor of the vehicle, McDonough said.
McDonough said he was "very confident" the car the officer stopped was the one involved in the shooting, pointing to "ballistic damage to the rear window."
Based on witness statements, McDonough said, he believes Rose was given verbal commands, but he didn't know what the specific command was.

CONTINUED:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/21/us/east-pittsburgh-police-fatal-shooting-antwon-rose/index.html

Last edited:

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

A 17-year-old boy in East Pittsburgh is dead after being shot three times in the back by an officer who had been sworn into the police department just hours earlier.

Antwon Rose was killed Tuesday night while fleeing from a car that had been pulled over in connection with an earlier shooting in North Braddock, Pennsylvania, according to WTAE TV.

A post on the Allegheny County Police Department’s Facebook page described what happened:

An East Pittsburgh police officer saw a vehicle matching the description on Grandview Avenue which also had ballistics damage to the rear window. The officer stopped the vehicle near Grandview and Howard Street in East Pittsburgh.

The officer took the driver into custody. While he was putting the driver into handcuffs, two other occupants ran from the car.

One individual ― a 17-year-old male ― was shot by police. He was transported to McKeesport Hospital where he was declared deceased.

Rose was not armed, Allegheny County police Superintendent Coleman McDonough said at a press conference Wednesday afternoon, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

5b2ada041a0000c704ce230d.png

KDKA TV
Antwon Rose was shot and killed by a police officer in East Pittsburgh.

A bystander posted a 17-second video of the incident on Facebook. It shows two people running away from two police cars. After three gunshots, both of those people dive or fall to the ground.

Although the officer involved in the shooting was placed on leave by the East Pittsburgh Police Department, he has not been publicly named, McDonough told the Post-Gazette.

On Wednesday, East Pittsburgh Mayor Louis Payne told local station WPXI TV that the officer had been sworn into the department only a few hours before the shooting. However, he isn’t a rookie, having been an officer with other area police departments for the past seven years.

McDonough declined to say whether the officer is white, telling the Post-Gazette that he didn’t see what that had to do with the shooting.

People who live near where Rose was killed are outraged.

“Why did they have to shoot him when he is running away?” Selena Brooklin said to the Post-Gazette. “What is the justification for that? There is no justification. There is no answer. You shot a man in the back while he was running away.”

The 20-year-old driver of the vehicle that Rose allegedly fled was taken into custody. He was later released because officers did not feel they had cause to charge him in the North Braddock shooting, according to USA Today.

The North Braddock incident had happened less than 15 minutes earlier. Shots were fired from a car and a 22-year-old man was hit in the abdomen. The man, who was treated at a hospital and later released, told police that he fired back and struck the car.

Although McDonough said he was confident the car carrying Rose was involved in the North Braddock incident, more investigation was needed to determine whether Rose had fired a weapon in the earlier shooting, according to USA Today.

Rose’s death is being mourned by students and faculty at Woodland Hills High School. “He was an excellent student,” school superintendent Al Johnson told The New York Times, adding that Rose was taking Advanced Placement classes.

With Rose’s death, Johnson said the school has lost four students to gun violence over the past academic year.

Kim Ransom, who employed Rose at the Pittsburgh Gymnastics Club for about a year, told the Times that the teenager would be missed.

“Everybody loved him here. He was very mature,” Ransom said.

“I feel like it’s important for people to know that he was Antwon,” she said. “He’s not a statistic, he’s Antwon.”

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On Wednesday, East Pittsburgh Mayor Louis Payne told local station WPXI TV that the officer had been sworn into the department only a few hours before the shooting. However, he isn’t a rookie, having been an officer with other area police departments for the past seven years.

This is what happens when bad cops are allowed to resign instead of being fired or convicted.

They simply go to another department.

I will be waiting to hear this cops background to see if this is the case here with this cop.

Seems unusual to work for multiple department in a 7 year span.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its not a crime cor cops to murder black people. Black has no standing @ law.

Dred Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. 393

[African Americans] had for more than a century before been regarded as beings of an inferior order, and altogether unfit to associate with the white race, either in social or political relations; and so far inferior, that they had no rights which the white man was bound to respect; and that the negro might justly and lawfully be reduced to slavery for his benefit.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
This is what happens when bad cops are allowed to resign instead of being fired or convicted.

I will be waiting to hear this cops background to see if this is the case here with this cop.

Not unusual at all, actually says a lot.. he has 7 years experience as a cop but is a rookie on Pittsburgh PD not even off probation..

You will see a lot of shit in his records from the other departments that Pitt PD chose to overlook

The city going to fire the cop if they didn’t already and try to settle the impeding lawsuit

I doubt the cop will be charged with manslaughter but you never know..

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
These types of posts really takes the wind out of my sail. Not just because of how truly sad that it is a 17 year kid lost his life, and that shit alone is sad enough, but the fact that he wont be the last to lose his life to an underprepared scared cop. Police work isn't for everybody. And nobody cares when this shit happens, not enough to stop it from happening in the future...

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
ok beat down
i posted my pic
i stand by my post ,the cop was wrong
and the young brothas were wrong
we can't just give a pass when our youth are fuckin' up
that is not how we were taught
we {older black men aren't just driving around with guns in the car}
i know i posted on here how my son stole my gun and robbed and killed a kat years ago

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ok beat down
i posted my pic
i know i posted on here how my son stole my gun and robbed and killed a kat years ago

They didn't find a gun in that car so why are you making shit up ?

Had they found a gun they would have charged the driver who was in custody.

The other 2 kids ran...This one was shot in the back and killed so obviously he didn't have a gun either.

and even if the car was involved in another incident there is nothing saying this dead boy was even in the car at that time....

but there is nothing saying that car was involved.

and as an older black man i know what fits the description means.

so you are just trying to mitigate the pigs actions by blaming a dead kid for doing exactly what ?

crazyace718

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ok beat down
i posted my pic

Bro rules are rules. The kid wasn't a threat to the officer and he wasn't an eminent threat to someone else. Initially I thought they had those guns for street shit. But they let the driver go. It sounds like the guns might have been legally registered.
I don't know why the kid ran but it never ends well for us.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro rules are rules. The kid wasn't a threat to the officer and he wasn't an eminent threat to someone else. Initially I thought they had those guns for street shit. But they let the driver go. It sounds like the guns might have been legally registered.

I didn't see where they found weapons.. All I see is that the car fit the description of being involved in a previous shooting.

Is that in another article not posted here ?

It does clearly state that the victim was unarmed

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
this wasn't no rookie cop

he served on another force before this one

someone needs to check his record

Sir_Fuzzy_McWaffle_Feet

Support BGOL
Registered
Here is what people need to understand.

You dont have to be breaking the law for a cop to investigate you. If someone calls the cops on you cops are obligated to investigate.

And by you not co operating makes you look suspicious

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
the first article says two guns were recovered from the back seat of the car ,i didn't say the cop was right for shooting the kids in the back
i said everybody was wrong,,,,meaning if if the kids didn't do that drive by they shouldn't be driving around with weapons in the car
and no i don't condone cops shooting at people that haven't shot at them or shooting at fleeing subjects,,,but ya'll can't tell me anyone was righteous in this situation

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

EXACTLY!!! fuck up at one department and they say “we fired him” but will then give him a good recommendation when he applies to another police department

Dred Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. 393

[African Americans] had for more than a century before been regarded as beings of an inferior order, and altogether unfit to associate with the white race, either in social or political relations; and so far inferior, that they had no rights which the white man was bound to respect; and that the negro might justly and lawfully be reduced to slavery for his benefit.

This sentence always burned me to my soul:angry::angry:. Right before my grandfather passed he was always telling stories about how whites felt they were better than blacks and that they could disrespect them anytime they wanted

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
@ballscout
as long as i've been on this board i've never sought out beef with anyone
i'm just saying this whole situation is fucked up all around the board
you got a shootout,,,,the victim responds with shots and is hit and released
fifteen min later the cops pull over a car that matches the description
driver is placed on the ground,,,passengers flee,,,,cop shoots at fleeing suspects
suspect hit and dies
two guns found in back seat

who's right in this situation,,that's all i'm saying

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
the first article says two guns were recovered from the back seat of the car ,i didn't say the cop was right for shooting the kids in the back
i said everybody was wrong,,,,meaning if if the kids didn't do that drive by they shouldn't be driving around with weapons in the car
and no i don't condone cops shooting at people that haven't shot at them or shooting at fleeing subjects,,,but ya'll can't tell me anyone was righteous in this situation

But by simply saying “both were wrong” you make it seem like both of their actions were equal, like “he ran so oh well he got shot and killed”. There was a guy a few years ago that got stopped for back child support I think and he ran and that cop also shot him in the back and killed him, simply saying ‘they both were wrong” is not the correct thing to say

Sir_Fuzzy_McWaffle_Feet

Support BGOL
Registered
But by simply saying “both were wrong” you make it seem like both of their actions were equal, like “he ran so oh well he got shot and killed”. There was a guy a few years ago that got stopped for back child support I think and he ran and that cop also shot him in the back and killed him, simply saying ‘they both were wrong” is not the correct thing to say

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Dude is running away from him and he shoots him in the back.

I guess he feared for his life.

You know that the cacs are on to us....been on to us for years now..... that we got those guns … something like those Israeli guns that shoot around corners....except that we've advanced the technology in Wakanda.... ours shoot backwards at them...as we run away..... and disappear after being killed using an advanced cloaking technology..... they have no choice but to shoot us … "as we run away".... :hmm:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
What are police rules on shooting a fleeing suspect? Suspect did not engage the police and is fleeing and thus no "I feared for my lofe".

If....you read the article...completely.....you already know...what the spin will be about fearing for his life....:hmm:

"He had been a passenger in the car suspected of being involved in a shooting earlier Tuesday in a nearby community, Allegheny County Police said Wednesday."

Last edited:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
anyone no an easy image host so that i can answer beattownsrecords request for a pic
WIN_20180621_09_56_21_Pro.jpg

Either you're like 75 years old.....or your fingers have lived a looooong hard life man...all those wrinkles in them look like they were three times that size at one time....and you went on a crack diet...…:rolleyes2:

:lol: