TAKEOFF from the MIGOS shot & killed: The world mourns, another senseless death in hip hop....sad.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So is ATL letting Jr off the hook?
giphy.gif

NOPE!

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck that stupid ass "street code" bullshit. This is family.
It depends how you view justice.

What's the best that can come from cooperating? Conviction? Triple life?... is that really justice?

I'm not a Christian. I'd rather rule in a black hell before I be a servant in a white heaven. I want mine now, in this life.

For some it's better to just play the long game (chess) and get getback on him, his seed, and whoever else. 5 years, 8 years.. ain't a long time to put it together, then they have an accident and ....

"Look at GOD! Won't he do it!" [/ColdChi voice]

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It depends how you view justice.

What's the best that can come from cooperating? Conviction? Triple life?... is that really justice?

I'm not a Christian. I'd rather rule in a black hell before I be a servant in a white heaven. I want mine now, in this life.

For some it's better to just play the long game (chess) and get getback on him, his seed, and whoever else. 5 years, 8 years.. ain't a long time to put it together, then they have an accident and ....

"Look at GOD! Won't he do it!" [/ColdChi voice]

I'd want it in blood, not prison.

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh, I'm not trying to be funny, but why is it not surprising, that he would not cooperate? Is this part of the "no snitch" philosophy? Is there a such thing as an exception to this ignorant hood/street/ghetto mentality?

I don't think it's ignorant not to trust the police. There is a large section of black america that are traumatized by police. That do not under any circumstance want to even be in the presence of police. These are the overseeers turned officers. I can relate. I wouldn't expect the police to help me so why should I help them.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think it's ignorant not to trust the police. There is a large section of black america that are traumatized by police. That do not under any circumstance want to even be in the presence of police. These are the overseeers turned officers. I can relate. I wouldn't expect the police to help me so why should I help them.
Well stated. I agree. It has little to do with being "street" and more to do with being principled.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Nah that shit goes out the window when it comes to fam

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah that shit goes out the window when it comes to fam

Your principles never go out the window that's why they are principles. Will you suck a dick for justice? So if something happen to your family and the cop says he'll take care of it if you suck his dick you doing it? These types of situations are soul on ice shit. But why sacrifice your principles based on a promise from a system that is not made to fulfill that promise. At least the people that snitch for a reason get something it may be just a sandwich lol but they ain't sucking dick for free. You volunteering for a pie in the sky that you know they don't ever bake.

The only thing you get out of helping the police is the POTENTIAL for justice. And as black person if you trust the criminal justice system in America to provide you with justice you are a fool. It's not made for that and it doesn't promise you that. It promises to protect and serve and it does neither.

You are risking your own freedom, time and money by even participating. As soon as you can get a subpoena as a witness you now are at risk for contempt of court, perjury etc. Not to mention anything the cops may turn up as your name now becomes part of the investigation. There could be any number of people involved with that investigation and if any of them fuck up you are in the crosshairs. FUCK THAT If they were good at their jobs they would be better at preventing crimes but they don't do much of that at all. All I see them do is shoot, lock up people and cost people money. I don't want to be anywhere near that. It's too random to be safe.

As a citizen I have no legal, ethical or moral duty to assist the police in anyway. This is America. Police don't help me do my job why do I need to help them with theirs? If police can't do their job without volunteers then they need to get better at doing their job.

John Million

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sound more to me if you seen what they did to takeoff they’re willing to do the same to Quavo.

They blew the boy brains out in front of everybody!

I doubt its more Quavo being afraid than him wanting to uphold a stupid "non cooperation with police under any circumstances" street code.
But I don't know but I hope he's doing everything in his power to bring justice for his Uncle's murder

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I doubt its more Quavo being afraid than him wanting to uphold a stupid "non cooperation with police under any circumstances" street code.
But I don't know but I hope he's doing everything in his power to bring justice for his Uncle's murder

Takeoff is the Nephew to Quavo. I never heard of a street code, for your nephew getting killed in front of you.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Quavo need to talk for crying out loud that was your damn nephew that looked up to you that got killed fuck that no snitching bullshit.

John Million

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How do you face your sister when you won't help get justice for her son. Because of a street code? It ain't like he's about to go avenge Take Off's death himself.

crazy ain't it. i wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror especially since it was over an argument I was involved. it
But I will say this is a terrible and difficult situation for the Quavo to be in. But I just hope he helps bring the killer to justice

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
family is family. street code = no snitching

He not going to snitch either, or his whole family might get murk. This is an old game, back in the day if you did something people would get their whole family killed. I believe this is what Quavo is facing, and you know they not playing. Cause they did it right in his face the first time.

Last edited: