Stargirl Discussion Thread

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

not trying to woman bash but dang man enough with the goofy female characters man!!this looks like something a child made up.star girl?!!!!!! all the super hero people and this gets a show.there trying to get more females to watch this bullcrap and its not working.this wont last long at all along side batwoman.turrible.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Just like the MCU, they have to make these movies and tv shows appeal to a general audience.

That means they have to appeal to people who have never picked up a comic book in their life.

These producers know that old school comic heads will watch (and bitch and complain) about the tv shows and movies. But their first priority is folks who are clueless on who these characters are.

Every now and then they will put something out for hardcore comic heads like the Dark Knight movies (Christian Bale) and the Joker movie.

You just have to deal with. It’s better than not having nothing.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
CW, that means she will have a gay best friend and a lot of relationship drama.

It was originally suppose to be on DC's streaming service. Matter of fact, they made the move just two months ago....They're going to recut the show to fit TV standards.

Edit: Apparently, the show will be on the streaming service too. They're trying to get a wider audience with the show...

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
What's the original cut?

Stargirl will be on the CW and DCU stream...They're recutting the episodes so it will fit TV guidelines for the CW.Maybe,they're keeping the original cut for the DCU stream.

Im hoping that's the case anyways.

Mind you,they're showing it on the DCU stream first and then the CW will air it,the next day.

I posted two articles in my first post about it.

Time Warner is doing the same thing with the second season of Doom Patrol...Having it on the DCU stream and HBO Max at the same time...

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Stargirl will be on the CW and DCU stream...They're recutting the episodes so it will fit TV guidelines for the CW.Maybe,they're keeping the original cut for the DCU stream.

Im hoping that's the case anyways.

Mind you,they're showing it on the DCU stream first and then the CW will air it,the next day.

I posted two articles in my first post about it.

Time Warner is doing the same thing with the second season of Doom Patrol...Having it on the DCU stream and HBO Max at the same time...

Meh. Still not going to watch this corny shit.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i have given up on cw dc shows. shits are terrible now. including black lightning.
CW, that means she will have a gay best friend and a lot of relationship drama.

The main problem with the CW's slate of superhero shows is that instead of being about telling a great story involving the main hero, they're ALL about pushing LGBTQ/SJW ideals, politics and agendas.

Every episode simply must have these 5 components in place:
- A central LGBTQ cast member or storyline.
- Female empowerment in which a feminist protagonists does the thinking and ass kicking.
- Showcasing male incompetence & their emotional absurdity.
- Unnecessary relationship drama.
- An interracial couple. Gay or straight.

These are definitely the main priorities with the current CW DCEU. And I believe that these are the reasons why many fans have stopped watching their shows regularly and their ratings have steadily been dropping.:dunno:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
How was season 2 of Titans. I saw the first couple of episodes but got sidetracked..
It was good, finale was meh though,, but you can tell they are setting something up for the next season. Worth watching though.
The main problem with the CW's slate of superhero shows is that instead of being about telling a great story involving the main hero, they're ALL about pushing LGBTQ/SJW ideals, politics and agendas.

Every episode simply must have these 5 components in place:
- A central LGBTQ cast member or storyline.
- Female empowerment in which a feminist protagonists does the thinking and ass kicking.
- Showcasing male incompetence & their emotional absurdity.
- Unnecessary relationship drama.
- An interracial couple. Gay or straight.

These are definitely the main priorities with the current CW DCEU. And I believe that these are the reasons why many fans have stopped watching their shows regularly and their ratings have steadily been dropping.:dunno:
Flash is the fucking worse. No gays on the show but with all the crying that dude does you'll wish there was.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
they will probably introduce black character named star boy smh

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
cw is full of shit with white female leads having power with unrealistic attainment. they used blacks to rise and dispose their shows and characters with ease for feminism. the 100 show is the worst. all white female young 20 leads we ith blacks as bad guys or stepped over. people are going to find some 18 year old valley girl to death foh

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was good, finale was meh though,, but you can tell they are setting something up for the next season. Worth watching though.

Flash is the fucking worse. No gays on the show but with all the crying that dude does you'll wish there was.
Actually, on The Flash there is the police captain who's gay and his boyfriend/husband.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
cw is full of shit with white female leads having power with unrealistic attainment. they used blacks to rise and dispose their shows and characters with ease for feminism. the 100 show is the worst. all white female young 20 leads we ith blacks as bad guys or stepped over. people are going to find some 18 year old valley girl to death foh
And that's part of the problem with the CW DCEU. All their shows place a HEAVY emphasis on focusing on developing LGBTQ characters and on feminist representation and less on the hetero male characters in the show. And sadly, when they do focus on the male protagonists, they're usually:
- In need of a woman to give them advice, strength, guidance or emotional support.
- Need a woman to save them.
- Are physically or emotionally inept.
- Out of touch with what's important.
- Just plain silly.

Part of the reason I stopped watching The Flash is because it's a show no longer about him. It's always about how they can find a way to make it about Iris and put her front and center. Seriously, the show should be called, "Iris & The Flash" or "Iris & Team Flash". I mean, it worked for "Lois and Clark".:dunno:

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally IN LOVE Candace Patton myself. :yes:

But she should not be the main focus of the show. Nor should it be all about their relationship. Barry Allen is the reason we tune in to see The Flash. We are there to follow HIS adventures. Remember how there was a major backlash with Arrow when that show focused too much on his relationship with Felicity and less on Oliver himself?

Arrow never really recovered in the ratings after that....:smh:

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And come January it'll probably work again for those two..

3i4344.jpg
Ummm, no.
Sadly, it won't.
The poster alone tells you what this shit is about and what the focus will be.
Notice how Lois Lane is in front of Superman. It basically says; "Lois is the important person here, not Superman".
She's the boss. He's really just an afterthought.

Trust me.
This show really should be titled: "Superman and Lois: The Continued Emasculation of Superman".

You doubt me?
Just look at the posters for Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
s-l300.jpg
220px-Lois_%26_Clark-The_New_Adventures_of_Superman_S2.jpg
220px-Lois_%26_Clark-The_New_Adventures_of_Superman_S3.jpg

- This was a show about them as a couple.
- This was a show where HE was the hero.
- Even though Superman is the primary reason to tune in, it was his relationship with Lois that was the focus of the show.

This CW show will basically make Superman an inept wuss who needs Lois Lane to always save him... :hithead:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
opening was cool and cheesy at the same time. But it seems cool so far. lot of cliche moments, but i will give it a try. I liked it better than the Batwoman premier

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is gay shit on the Flash. Not any main characters but side characters are gay.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Superman doesn't have a 5 o'clock shadow.
He needs a more naive, fresh face look.
Besides, the guy that plays him was better suited for this...

tumblr_owggg2XaN71qdhizao1_540.gif

That's who the fuck he is, DEREK HALE.

always heard good things about this show

never watched