Star Wars Episode VII & Beyond On-going Discussion (Disney+ adding 10 NEW STAR WARS SERIES)

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
182770780_4247434138640064_5311838680288760516_n.jpg

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Dave Filoni Is Executive Creative Director of Lucasfilm | IndieWire

Mandalorian’ Cast Celebrates as Dave Filoni Is Now Executive Creative Director of Lucasfilm
Dave Filoni has been a Lucasfilm favorite for over 15 years now.
Zack Sharf
May 21, 2021 9:10

The Mandalorian” cast members such as Ming-Na Wen and Katee Sackhoff took to social media to celebrate the announcement that Dave Filoni is now the executive creative director of Lucasfilm. The promotion actually went into effect last summer, Variety reports, but it wasn’t until the studio updated its website with Filoni’s new title this week that “Star Wars” fans realized Filoni has more creative power at Lucasfilm than ever before. Per Variety: “Filoni’s title as executive creative director captures the complicated role of overseeing both individual series and a larger storyline that weaves together several shows.”

Filoni is beloved among “Star Wars” fans, as George Lucas selected him in 2005 to run “The Clone Wars,” the animated series that started its run in 2008 and lasted seven seasons. Filoni went on to create three more animated series, “Star Wars Rebels,” “Star Wars Resistance,” and, most recently, “Star Wars: The Bad Batch,” following Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm. The creator was then asked by Jon Favreau to serve as an executive producer on “The Mandalorian,” the first live-action “Star Wars” series. Filoni also writes and directs episodes of the series, most famously the Season 2 installment “The Jedi.”

Considering Lucasfilm is expanding the “Star Wars” television universe with several upcoming projects all set in the timeline of “The Mandalorian,” it makes sense to put Filoni in a position where he has both micro control of specific series and macro control over the larger universe. Filoni is joining Favreau and Robert Rodriguez for “The Book of Boba Fett,” streaming in December.

Additional “Star Wars” television projects include “The Acolyte” from Leslye Headland, “Obi-Wan Kenobi” from Deborah Chow, and “Ahsoka,” starring Rosario Dawson as the eponymous Jedi that Filoni created to smash success in “The Clone Wars.”

As for the future of “The Mandalorian,” the blockbuster series will return for a third season but not until after “The Book of Boba Fett.” The new season is now in pre-production and won’t arrive until 2022 at the earliest.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Dave Filoni Is Executive Creative Director of Lucasfilm | IndieWire

Mandalorian’ Cast Celebrates as Dave Filoni Is Now Executive Creative Director of Lucasfilm
Dave Filoni has been a Lucasfilm favorite for over 15 years now.
Zack Sharf
May 21, 2021 9:10

The Mandalorian” cast members such as Ming-Na Wen and Katee Sackhoff took to social media to celebrate the announcement that Dave Filoni is now the executive creative director of Lucasfilm. The promotion actually went into effect last summer, Variety reports, but it wasn’t until the studio updated its website with Filoni’s new title this week that “Star Wars” fans realized Filoni has more creative power at Lucasfilm than ever before. Per Variety: “Filoni’s title as executive creative director captures the complicated role of overseeing both individual series and a larger storyline that weaves together several shows.”

Filoni is beloved among “Star Wars” fans, as George Lucas selected him in 2005 to run “The Clone Wars,” the animated series that started its run in 2008 and lasted seven seasons. Filoni went on to create three more animated series, “Star Wars Rebels,” “Star Wars Resistance,” and, most recently, “Star Wars: The Bad Batch,” following Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm. The creator was then asked by Jon Favreau to serve as an executive producer on “The Mandalorian,” the first live-action “Star Wars” series. Filoni also writes and directs episodes of the series, most famously the Season 2 installment “The Jedi.”

Considering Lucasfilm is expanding the “Star Wars” television universe with several upcoming projects all set in the timeline of “The Mandalorian,” it makes sense to put Filoni in a position where he has both micro control of specific series and macro control over the larger universe. Filoni is joining Favreau and Robert Rodriguez for “The Book of Boba Fett,” streaming in December.

Additional “Star Wars” television projects include “The Acolyte” from Leslye Headland, “Obi-Wan Kenobi” from Deborah Chow, and “Ahsoka,” starring Rosario Dawson as the eponymous Jedi that Filoni created to smash success in “The Clone Wars.”

As for the future of “The Mandalorian,” the blockbuster series will return for a third season but not until after “The Book of Boba Fett.” The new season is now in pre-production and won’t arrive until 2022 at the earliest.

For those that really know the whole story?

Filoni deserved this earned this was destined for this and will rock this

Congratulations

Inspirational stuff

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
This is why the original trilogy worked so well When others had leeway to give creative input and an understanding of who the characters were and how they would respond

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
‘Solo’ Stars Talk Possible Future For Franchise

Rebekah Barton
Posted on April 3, 2021

When The Walt Disney Company purchased Lucasfilm from George Lucas in 2012, Star Wars fans weren’t quite sure what to expect moving forward. Sure, Disney and Lucasfilm had a long history — Star Tours opened in the 1980s, after all — but giving full creative control of a galaxy far, far away to the House of Mouse had many fans uncertain.

Disney’s first foray into Star Wars was the sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens (2015). This was followed by the standalone film, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) and the divisive second sequel trilogy movie, Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi (2017).

On the heels of The Last Jedi debacle came Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018). Despite all odds, and a lack of critical acclaim, Solo has developed something of a cult following within the Star Wars fan community. Director Ron Howard spoke about this last July:

“Well, there’s no sequel planned now and it’s amazing to be a part of a Star Wars movie that seems to be a kind of underground hit, which is not what you’d expect, but that’s been an odd, strange journey for that movie.”

Then, a few months later, at the Disney Investor Day 2020 event in December, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that the studio is working on at least 11 streaming series for Disney+. This gave Solo fans hope that perhaps a series, if not a follow-up film, could happen.

Recently, Enfys Nest actress Erin Kellyman — who is also playing Flash Smasher leader Karli Morganthau in Marvel’s The Falcon and the Winter Soldier — spoke with Coming Soon about a possible future for the Solo franchise:

“Her backstory, I think was very interesting,” Kellyman explained. “We kind of touched on it a little bit in Solo and Jon Kasdan and I had spoken about it as well, which was very helpful in me understanding the character a bit more. But yeah, I think it would be really cool to focus on Enfys Nest’s backstory, I think that’d be so cool. I would love to play her again, that’d be sick.”

erin-kellyman-as-enfys-nest-550x309.jpeg

For those unfamiliar with the character, Nest led a group of pirates known as the Cloud-Riders, a group who fought against Maul’s Crimson Dawn crime syndicate.

With prequel trilogy Darth Maul actor Ray Park quietly confirming the character’s return to Star Wars recently, there certainly seems to be room for more exploration of Crimson Dawn and, potentially, Enfys Nest’s backstory, in the Star Wars universe.

Rumors have also swirled that young Han Solo actor Alden Ehrenreich will return to the Star Wars franchise, perhaps in the upcoming Lando special event series that is likely to feature Billy Dee Williams, Donald Glover — or both actors — reprising the role of notorious gambler Lando Calrissian.

Although Ehrenreich hasn’t completely shot down rumors of a return to the role Harrison Ford made famous in the original trilogy, he expressed that Star Wars “isn’t a huge part of my life anymore” in a 2020 interview with The Independent.

He also acknowledged, though, that he thoroughly enjoyed playing the rakish Millennium Falcon pilot and that the “whole experience felt like a huge, high seas adventure.”

Screenshot-2021-03-31-at-21.54.32-550x309.png

However, if there’s one thing we’ve learned about the Star Wars galaxy, it’s to never say never. After all Mark Hamill wasn’t supposed to ever play Luke Skywalker again either — and look how that turned out…

Solo-Ron-Howard-cameo-pics-913-600x358-1-550x328.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Kenobi

They are filming the series right now.

Set photos showing Ewan McGregor in costume. The Black robe is on him to protect the costume he is wearing underneath.

The chick in the Imperial Outfit is actress Indira Varma from "Game of Thrones".

SEI_83034275.jpg

l4kHXaPlntMVEuSNan83IV148ZJuMJDh2ZqZMIvlsuHFAexqb7d5rzGI9Uu8eGbkOzMHPR8Qmu4xp1Ww9pqL9vzOwTJjTeYX_d8EejH8zToMhrw3XhncCyJw92OTMSoNI1BGJ0x7s3jvbobmHKhDfbVTl0t9ucm-5G6ujElzwvk3uNHl3oE32QxpZDyiRAc5ziJD7mTVPw

dKm2xXmuYxB6qJtEkbdAIZ_Idil6a-dxvurOETN9w52lNZUputIOVixNNhSG8lNVeHmN8pBAJKR_qkuqjqBiGQIq39DYE-mmWP67V4BCZMJfNz5MoR2dwpYVHvV-qOw260KAzQji4iXbgg1ZZjyOeGheVCs0cpzKpjX1K7XkMm8iuwZJ1sH-mmkYh_RGA-HbbRWZq8h2DA

Freedomroo-Star-Wars-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-FIRST-LOOK-Ewan-McGregor.jpg

szwvfd8qi0571.jpg

20210612-ewan-mcgregor-obi-wan-kenobi-set-covering-costumes-19-685x1024.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Mark Hamill celebrates 'space sis' Carrie Fisher finally getting a Hollywood Walk of Fame star

By Tyler Aquilina
June 19, 2021 at 01:35 PM EDT

Mark Hamill had some star words to share on Friday night.

The Star Wars actor celebrated the news that his onscreen sister Carrie Fisher will receive a posthumous star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, as part of the Walk of Fame Class of 2022. "I congratulate & salute all 38 new #HollywoodWalkOfFame honorees," Hamill wrote on Twitter. "Much love & a very special 1-finger salute to the incomparable, hilarious & irreverent force of nature that was my space sis Carrie Fisher. Her star will blaze from here to eternity."

Hamill had previously advocated for Fisher to receive the honor, writing on Twitter in 2018, "Carrie WILL get her well-deserved Star on the Walk of Fame, it's only a matter of when. The rule is a 5-year wait when awarded posthumously." (Fisher died on Dec. 27, 2016, at age 60.)

"A letter to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce wouldn't hurt, urging them to time it to the release of #EpIX," he added. The actor also shared a photo of a fan-made Walk of Fame star for Fisher shortly after her death.
Hamill received his own star on the Walk of Fame in 2018, with his costar Harrison Ford and Star Wars creator George Lucas in attendance. Other recipients of the Class of 2022 include Nipsey Hussle, Regina King, James Hong, and another Star Wars alum, Ewan McGregor.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The unreleased Star Wars series that Disney doesn't want you to see

"There isn't an interest in releasing this content on Disney+ from Lucasfilm," says co-creator Seth Green of the shelved Star Wars Detours series
By Dalton Ross
June 30, 2021 at 01:15 PM EDT

Seth Green recently made his return to the Star Wars universe by voicing Cad Bane's faithful techno service droid Todo 360 on two episodes of Star Wars: The Bad Batch. But as nice as it was to have Green back, it also couldn't help but make one ponder a question that has plagued Star Wars fans for almost a decade now: What the heck happened to Star Wars Detours?
Star Wars Detours was announced with great fanfare (and a trailer, see below) at Star Wars Celebration VI in 2012. Lucasfilm Animation had partnered with Green and Robot Chicken partner Matt Senreich to create a madcap comedic look at the franchise after Robot Chicken's three successful Star Wars specials from 2007 to 2010. Thirty-nine installments of Detours, roughly six minutes in length each, were completed, with another 62 scripts just waiting to be shot, yet none of them ever made it to air.

That's because a few months after the Detours announcement, Lucasfilm was sold to Disney for $4.05 billion, and the studio shelved Detours to focus all its energy on a new trilogy of films and more serious-minded animated offerings. And, save for one episode being leaked online, the show has never been seen or heard from since.

Star Wars Detours

But now that Disney has unveiled its own streaming service in Disney+ and needs as much content as possible to snag subscribers (just look at their list of approximately 18 billion other Star Wars TV series in development to see what we mean), why wouldn't the streamer at least put the finished Detours episodes out there for the world to enjoy? It's a question we posted to Green himself, asking him when Detours might finally see the light of day.
"The most recent conversations I've had with anybody who would be in a position to say so say that it's not soon," says Green. Okay, but why?
"Well, there are 39 episodes that were finished for broadcast," notes Green. "But we finished them almost 10 years ago, and so there would have to be a bit of reconfiguring of the existing stuff to make it something that Disney+ would release as a Lucasfilm offering. And the way it's been explained to me is that there hasn't been enough interest high enough up to go through what it would take to put it out, and that there isn't an interest in releasing this content on Disney+ from Lucasfilm."

Of course, the internet might disagree. As would fans upon hearing that there is a treasure trove of unreleased Star Wars content just… sitting there. "I just report the facts as I have them," says Green flatly. If Green doesn't seem too perturbed about the fact that all his work on the show has yet to find an audience, it's because he can take comfort and pride in the fact that he got to do the work in the first place.
"I don't really have an emotional position because I got to spend four straight years making something with George Lucas," says Green. "And my partner and I, and all of the people that got to work on it — the artists and actors and directors and animators — we all got to make something Star Wars with the guy who created it. And so I know over those four years that he was having fun, and that's really all I care about. I got a priceless experience with one of my truest heroes, and got to see him laugh and enjoy all of the things that he had created, in a time before he agreed to sell them to somebody else."
Star Wars Detours

| CREDIT: LUCASFILM
That's not to say Green wouldn't love for Detours to see the light of day, but it doesn't take away from the experience he had creating it: "It's not that I don't care if people never see it, it's just that it ultimately doesn't matter if nobody ever sees it, because nobody can take any of that from any of us. And that kind of thing would never happen again, and I recognize that."
Detours also featured a voice cast that reportedly included Star Wars luminaries such as Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, and Ahmed Best as well as other famous folks like Zachary Levi, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Andy Richter, Seth McFarlane, Donald Faison, Felicia Day, and Joel McHale.
"I probably can't confirm or deny [any names]" says Green, "but you literally wouldn't believe the people that worked on this project in all categories."
While the future of Star Wars Detours remains frustratingly unclear, Green feels the force was with them on making the show, even if he can't use an old-fashioned Jedi mind trick to get Disney to finally release it.
"I like to think that we did the assignment well," he says. "It's just whether or not the assignment jibes with the current intent."