BGOL Investor
tumblr_porztuoig21s12hlbo1_540.gif

tumblr_porztuoig21s12hlbo2_540.gif

tumblr_porztuoig21s12hlbo3_540.gif

Last edited:

TheProdigal

Invincible under the sun
BGOL Investor
Interesting thing about Airiam. There were two actresses who played her, the original(sara mitich)got replaced for season 2 by Hannah Cheeseman. This new Airiam who just got killed had some new character take over her station and thats the og actress for Airiam, Sara Mitich. Same job but no spending hours in the make up chair.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Just watched. what an ending! Sonja Sohn damnit!!!!

Can anyone explain what happened to captain Leeland with the eye poke thing.?

i want to know too

It appears the AI is inside the computer on the Section 31 ship and it also appears it implanted something (itself?) inside Leeland because he wasn't killed.

I really like this iteration of Star Trek; first of all because for once the main character isn't the captain (not yet). The first season was bumpy and I'm still not sure about the look of the Klingons, but whatever.

The one thing I can not stand in both seasons is that her love interest is a fucking arab. Man, that shit makes me cringe every damn time. Add to that I don't think he's a very good actor.

I'll also be sorry to see Anson Mount go; he's really good as Pike. We hardly saw Mystique as Number One so her departure I don't really mind so much.

So, if Pike is going back to the Enterprise, does that mean Burnham gets the helm of Discovery?

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Suru will be captain when Pike leaves.

Maybe. I can think of two scenarios where he wouldn't be captain and stays aboard. What I can't decide is if I like Burnham better not being captain. If Saru gets the chair he's sure to make her number one. Maybe that's better story-wise.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Maybe. I can think of two scenarios where he wouldn't be captain and stays aboard. What I can't decide is if I like Burnham better not being captain. If Saru gets the chair he's sure to make her number one. Maybe that's better story-wise.

Its better if she isn't captain. What makes her interesting is that she's always running off cause she's always right about shit. If shes captain she can't run off all the time.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Its better if she isn't captain. What makes her interesting is that she's always running off cause she's always right about shit. If shes captain she can't run off all the time.

Yes, I'm leaning that way too. But she does so much shit to "save the Federation" she's almost got to get some kind of promotion.

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
YO....I just finished the first season finally and watched the shorts and now Season 2 ep 2 or 3 and SHIT I forgot how much I enjoy the show.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
I just finished watching season 1 and I am not sure I will continue. It was decent but it could have been so much more. I wish the networks just stop with all of the bullshit attempts at programming the masses. No strong black men, check; faggot black man, check; faggot cac, check; strong black sister falling for goofy throat bearded cac... It ruins the show with all of this contrived bullshit.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
u say potato. i say potato.

we can agree to disagree. starfleet is made up of millions of beings across multiple galaxies. you mentioned pretty much one ship.

all secret organizations have rumors/conspiracy theories about them. knowing what a black com-badge is for is no stretch. the better question/plot hole is why would section 31 wear identifying com-badges at all outside of their ship/ranks? now i gave you something else to gripe about.

this is probably the most irritating thing to be nit picking about. especially after many of the other nitpicks have already been resolved. people are looking for a reason to not like the show. but this is one of the best sci-fi shows on in the past few years along with WW and BSG.

The word for the day is pastiche.

To say nitpicking implies that the writers are trying their best to adhere to canon and any inconsistencies are just minor mistakes by people trying to do their best. This is not true. The writers are deviating from canon on purpose, not by mistake.

Alex Kurtzman, the showrunner for Discovery has said "after 50-plus years it’s literally impossible to stay entirely consistent with canon" and "the best version of the story needs to be the driver". We'll come back to this in a second.

Robert Meyer Burnett who has made the bonus features for TNG's bluray set, who has Discovery scripts that haven't been released, and most importantly knows people who are making the show has said, "The people that are making this stuff now don't care" "they want to make a good TV show" "but they don't care what canonical Star Trek is, they are making their own show".

They are going to follow canon until it conflicts with the story that they want to tell, when it conflicts with canon the story which "needs to be the driver" wins.

No matter how much people like it, no matter how much better it is than other sci fi shows, it is not canon.

Burnett did an hour long interview here:

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor
I just finished watching season 1 and I am not sure I will continue. It was decent but it could have been so much more. I wish the networks just stop with all of the bullshit attempts at programming the masses. No strong black men, check; faggot black man, check; faggot cac, check; strong black sister falling for goofy throat bearded cac... It ruins the show with all of this contrived bullshit.

I can't take it anymore. Somebody is crying damn near every episode. They need to call this shit season Cry Trek 2: The Search For Tears