Sports: Swimmer Riley Gaines slams ESPN for Lia Thomas Women's History Month segment

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get, that you transition to be happy with your life...THAT said the minute you decide you're going to play competitive sports, there's a problem. There is a reason Trans-Men don't have dreams of making it to the UFC or boxing Bud Crawford, but magically Trans-Women want to compete in women's sports. Some 5'8 former woman sparring in a local gym doesn't exist, cause he'll get his brains bashed in!!! Funny you don't see former men signing up for the LFL, but they want to participate in combat sports and sports with national titles with women.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I get, that you transition to be happy with your life...THAT said the minute you decide you're going to play competitive sports, there's a problem. There is a reason Trans-Men don't have dreams of making it to the UFC or boxing Bud Crawford, but magically Trans-Women want to compete in women's sports. Some 5'8 former woman sparring in a local gym doesn't exist, cause he'll get his brains bashed in!!! Funny you don't see former men signing up for the LFL, but they want to participate in combat sports and sports with national titles with women.

^^^^

I don't know why they seem under the false impression once they decided to transition all their previous problems will go away and new ones will not arise once it's done?

I've been black all my live and their places in this country in this state in this city black folks STILL can't live. It is what is no matter how much I personally want it not to be.

Just because you decide to be a woman whether it's your TRUE SELF or not. It's not that simple even after the difficult journey to another gender.

They think it's gonna be EASY to be a woman in this world? The fact that the thought would even ever cross their mind at any point in this process is serious sign of delusion.

Competitive sports is a challenge for naturally born women AND MEN. There are Para Olympic events that full able bodied folk could last a lap. Born men shouldn't compete against born women.

A lot of this unfortunately sounds like a whole lot of privileged claptrap.

Yeah I went claptrap.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Whats everyone on here upset about?? Its just womens sports....most of ya'll dont watch or support it anyway.:rolleyes2:

MAYBE they SHOULD let trans women in the WNBA...then game play will be sped up and bitches can start playing above the rim and maybe you will actually watch and support the league......maybe??? Isn't that the knock on womens basketball in the pros and college??

who here actually pays to attention to womens collegiate sports in the first place???

I've been saying I wish one of these trannies would seriously try to get on a D1 college basketball team just so I can see how these other programs would react

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Whats everyone on here upset about?? Its just womens sports....most of ya'll dont watch or support it anyway.:rolleyes2:

MAYBE they SHOULD let trans women in the WNBA...then game play will be sped up and bitches can start playing above the rim and maybe you will actually watch and support the league......maybe??? Isn't that the knock on womens basketball in the pros and college??

who here actually pays to attention to womens collegiate sports in the first place???

I personally love women's softball

but you make a good point.. Trans has brought plenty of attention to women's sports.

And I'm sure cash may start following.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've been saying I wish one of these trannies would seriously try to get on a D1 college basketball team just so I can see how these other programs would react

I WANT that to happen, just so they get Vince Carter dunked on and realize that there're levels to this!!!! The best professional female player can't compete in the worst professional male league.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I personally love women's softball

but you make a good point.. Trans has brought plenty of attention to women's sports.

And I'm sure cash may start following.

Support doesn't mean that you don't want the best to be recognized as such. I am not an avid baseball fan (unless the TIgers are playing), but I had an opinion on Barry Bonds. How many people here actually watch women's tennis but they recognized Serena as an all time great?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Charly Arnolt felt ‘stifled’ at ESPN, rips network’s Lia Thomas tribute
By

Ryan Glasspiegel

April 20, 2023 3:01pm

Charly Arnolt is speaking out about her former employer, ESPN.

Arnolt, who also previously worked in WWE as a backstage interviewer under the name Charly Caruso, announced earlier this week that she was leaving ESPN for OutKick.

Arnolt went on “America’s Newsroom” on Fox News on Thursday and explained why she thinks there is a contradiction in her former employer’s stated policy of staying out of politics.

Arnolt also applauded her former colleagues Sage Steele and Sam Ponder for opposing Lia Thomas and other transgender athletes competing in women’s sports.

“ESPN has been very adamant about keeping politics out of their programming, yet you just saw, late last month, they did a whole tribute, during Women’s Month, for Lia Thomas,” Arnolt said.

00:0001:28

“Therefore, it doesn’t exactly seem like they are keeping politics completely out of the mix. But, I have to commend these two women for standing up for these women who are unfortunately losing so much of the success that they worked so hard for.”

Thomas swam for three years at Penn as a male, then transitioned to female and set a number of records.

Charly Arnolt said she joined OutKick after feeling 'stifled' at ESPN.Charly Arnolt said she joined OutKick after feeling ‘stifled’ at ESPN.Fox News

OutKick was acquired by Fox Corp. in 2021.

After former Kentucky swimmer Riley Gaines slammed a proposal from the Biden administration to bar blanket bans against transgender youth athletes, Ponder, the host of ESPN’s “Sunday NFL Countdown” tweeted, “This would take away so many opportunities for biological women and girls in sports. It is a shame that we are needing to fight for the integrity of Title IX in 2023 and the reason it was needed in the first place.”

Steele, a “SportsCenter” anchor, tweeted, “This is heartbreaking, maddening, and really difficult to watch. I keep thinking I’m going to wake up and be relieved that this was all just a ridiculous, comical, nonsensical dream….”

Charly Arnolt was a backstage interviewer at WWE before working at ESPN.Charly Arnolt was a backstage interviewer at WWE before working at ESPN.Getty Images for Maxim

On her Fox News appearance, Arnolt intimated that the Thomas situation should be a warning shot about what happens if transgender athletes compete against women in physical team sports.

“I think there’s a lot of women who are uncomfortable about standing up for women’s rights because they don’t want to be considered politically incorrect, because it’s really crazy where this world and this conversation has gone,” Arnolt said.

“It’s a very slippery slope, because when you look at, this is swimming, where we’ve seen a transgender permeate the women’s world, but there are so many sports that are far more aggressive than swimming, that are team sports. Think about soccer or basketball. [If] even an average male athlete enters that world, what’s gonna happen to women? It will become a very dangerous landscape.”

Charly Arnolt on a Fan Controlled Football broadcast.Charly Arnolt on a Fan Controlled Football broadcast.Getty Images

Asked why she left ESPN, Arnolt said, “I’m a very opinionated person — I always have been. That’s something I love about myself and I just felt at ESPN that I was a little bit stifled. There was a lot of conversations and issues that have really just permeated the world of sports and society in general that I wasn’t able to speak up about.

“And it made me feel very uncomfortable, because I wasn’t true to myself. Then there’s a place like OutKick, where the idea of cancel culture doesn’t exist. You have someone like Clay Travis who really stands behind everyone who works at the company and says, ‘You can say whatever you want as long as you are convicted in what you’re saying and you really believe in it you have nothing to worry about.'”

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor

Charly Arnolt felt ‘stifled’ at ESPN, rips network’s Lia Thomas tribute
By

Ryan Glasspiegel

April 20, 2023 3:01pm

Charly Arnolt is speaking out about her former employer, ESPN.

Arnolt, who also previously worked in WWE as a backstage interviewer under the name Charly Caruso, announced earlier this week that she was leaving ESPN for OutKick.

Arnolt went on “America’s Newsroom” on Fox News on Thursday and explained why she thinks there is a contradiction in her former employer’s stated policy of staying out of politics.

Arnolt also applauded her former colleagues Sage Steele and Sam Ponder for opposing Lia Thomas and other transgender athletes competing in women’s sports.

“ESPN has been very adamant about keeping politics out of their programming, yet you just saw, late last month, they did a whole tribute, during Women’s Month, for Lia Thomas,” Arnolt said.

00:0001:28

“Therefore, it doesn’t exactly seem like they are keeping politics completely out of the mix. But, I have to commend these two women for standing up for these women who are unfortunately losing so much of the success that they worked so hard for.”

Thomas swam for three years at Penn as a male, then transitioned to female and set a number of records.

Charly Arnolt said she joined OutKick after feeling 'stifled' at ESPN.Charly Arnolt said she joined OutKick after feeling ‘stifled’ at ESPN.Fox News

OutKick was acquired by Fox Corp. in 2021.

After former Kentucky swimmer Riley Gaines slammed a proposal from the Biden administration to bar blanket bans against transgender youth athletes, Ponder, the host of ESPN’s “Sunday NFL Countdown” tweeted, “This would take away so many opportunities for biological women and girls in sports. It is a shame that we are needing to fight for the integrity of Title IX in 2023 and the reason it was needed in the first place.”

Steele, a “SportsCenter” anchor, tweeted, “This is heartbreaking, maddening, and really difficult to watch. I keep thinking I’m going to wake up and be relieved that this was all just a ridiculous, comical, nonsensical dream….”

Charly Arnolt was a backstage interviewer at WWE before working at ESPN.Charly Arnolt was a backstage interviewer at WWE before working at ESPN.Getty Images for Maxim

On her Fox News appearance, Arnolt intimated that the Thomas situation should be a warning shot about what happens if transgender athletes compete against women in physical team sports.

“I think there’s a lot of women who are uncomfortable about standing up for women’s rights because they don’t want to be considered politically incorrect, because it’s really crazy where this world and this conversation has gone,” Arnolt said.

“It’s a very slippery slope, because when you look at, this is swimming, where we’ve seen a transgender permeate the women’s world, but there are so many sports that are far more aggressive than swimming, that are team sports. Think about soccer or basketball. [If] even an average male athlete enters that world, what’s gonna happen to women? It will become a very dangerous landscape.”

Charly Arnolt on a Fan Controlled Football broadcast.Charly Arnolt on a Fan Controlled Football broadcast.Getty Images

Asked why she left ESPN, Arnolt said, “I’m a very opinionated person — I always have been. That’s something I love about myself and I just felt at ESPN that I was a little bit stifled. There was a lot of conversations and issues that have really just permeated the world of sports and society in general that I wasn’t able to speak up about.

“And it made me feel very uncomfortable, because I wasn’t true to myself. Then there’s a place like OutKick, where the idea of cancel culture doesn’t exist. You have someone like Clay Travis who really stands behind everyone who works at the company and says, ‘You can say whatever you want as long as you are convicted in what you’re saying and you really believe in it you have nothing to worry about.'”

Fox News?

Seems Charly made the jump from Sports Entertainment to News Entertainment.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
But she’s right
Trans women shouldn’t compete with women and the with trans men.

First, use the search engine and you'll see that I've made many posts speaking against trannyism from Lia Thomas to Zaya Wade and have broken down how physically and mentally damaging it will be once Zaya really starts to go forward with the hormone treatment and eventual removal of the genitals, using Jazz Jennings and Kiera Bell as examples. I've also said that you can't make fun of the WNBA or women's sports in general and then get pissed with trannies when want to play with them.

Secondly, in this case she is right but she's not going to be on Fox News just railing against trannies, eventually, she's going to have an opinion on Black athletes and Black society that is going to be controversial, poorly informed, and outright insulting.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
FuMJiywXgAAvBdF

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
The two above posts are taken from r/squaredcircle (Reddit's wrestling community)

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Make all sports unisex, give it a certain amount of time to work it's way through the schools and universities/colleges ... (no more than 10-15 years) and call it a day.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This shit is so crazy. The fact that this has be to be said is fucked up on so many levels

The fact that if you said it publicly you would be attacked

And

That there are well scripted talking points crafted specifically to go against everything you just read in that tweet.

Is the really messed up part

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Not much of a sports fanatic so I really don't get it.

I understand

Sports culture is ingrained and tattooed in this culture and many cultures around the world. From the Super Bowl, college football, college basketball, world cup soccer, Olympics, F1, and everything in between.

Billions and billions and billions...

And property, politics and medical science.

And of course gambling

It's insane.

So trust me none of this stuff is simple sane legal or rational.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The fact that if you said it publicly you would be attacked

And

That there are well scripted talking points crafted specifically to go against everything you just read in that tweet.

Is the really messed up part
I would and couldn’t careless. I refuse to participate in other peoples fairytales. I choose to live in reality every time. If someone is weak and can’t handle it, tough….