Spinderella Reportedly Suing Salt-N-Pepa For Owed Royalties, Fraud

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why Run got the mansion in Jersey and Jay died in Hollis broke?

Explain if he got 1/3 why was he broke.

That is because he didn't get 1/3.

If he got 1/3 of the publishing. How come his kids aint eating of the "Walk This Way" money till this day?

"Christmas in Hollis" alone makes crazy dough.

Why is Jojo royalty but Jay Jr unknown?

:rolleyes:

J was not signed on the Profile recording contract...but signed on the Arista contract ,

everything else you typed is false

he had 1/3 publishing of production under "RunDMC" and 1/3 of shows after Rush ate

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
:lol:
McDaniels+Darryl+C+2018+Angel+Ball+UQzqYc284ASl.jpg

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

If he got 1/3 of the publishing. How come his kids aint eating of the "Walk This Way" money till this day?

"Christmas in Hollis" alone makes crazy dough.

Run was living in a nice house in Hollis Hills - reality TV aint real
Walk This Way was a cover - not original recording and Rick Rubin did the production on that recording
Production on Christmas in Hollis is split with Rick Rubin

JoJo has an uncle with a golden key to David Geffen's ear

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jojo's uncle is giving him money to live a better than normal lifestyle?

Aerosmith are filthy stinking fucking rich.

Run DMC off that cover are mad rich.

Where is the money for Jay?

Run was living in a nice house in Hollis Hills - reality TV aint real
Walk This Way was a cover - not original recording and Rick Rubin did the production on that recording
Production on Christmas in Hollis is split with Rick Rubin

JoJo has an uncle with a golden key to David Geffen's ear

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Aerosmith are filthy stinking fucking rich.
thats what happens when an artist has both composition and lyric publishing on multiple #1 pop hits
Run DMC off that cover are mad rich.
again - you don't know what you are talking about
cover only has mechanical residuals (approx $0.10 /sale or approx $0.0000001 per stream) none of the performance

Jojo's uncle is giving him money to live a better than normal lifestyle?
:confused: I suggest you read my previous reply again

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Easy, the same way after EMPD dropped 4 albums and Erick Sermon was broke and PMD was a millionaire, mismanagement of money. Jam Master Jay owed millions in debt which included the IRS, bank loans, mortgages, auto loans, etc. DMC doesn't even live in a mansion. Run made different moves with his money as well. Run and his wife finessed the game with multiple reality shows that they produced.

This is because the first albums were on Priority and Run DMC had already signed contracts before Jay came along. This included Walk This Way and Christmas in Hollis. However, appearances were split 3 ways, after Russell Simmons and Rick Rubin took their share. This is a researchable fact.

It should be noted, as it was stated earlier after Run DMC left Priority and signed new contracts, Jay was brought in as an equal member of the group. Salt N Pepa could have done this exact same thing.
Probably the same reason DMC's son Darryl M. McDaniels, Jr isn't either. You probably didn't even know DMC had a son. No worries, most people don't know this either. It should be stated that being the child of a hip hop legend doesn't automatically make any person "hip hop royalty." If this was the case, then Jaycee Shakur would be known to all hip hop heads.

Additionally and unfortunately, most DJs never get the same love as the rapper. The rapper is the frontman. Jazzy Jeff, who is arguably one of the greatest turntablists of all time will never be as popular as the Fresh Prince, even before the TV show. In my opinion, there have only been two DJs to ever get more "love" or "shine" than the rapper they worked with.

DJ Premier of Gangstarr and Pete Rock aka The Soul Brother #1 and The Chocolate Boy Wonder from Pete Rock & CL Smooth. And this is only because they were also dope producers.

All other DJs couldn't be picked out of a line up by most hip hop heads.
  • Eric B and Rakim
  • Kool G Rap & DJ Polo
  • Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock
  • Audio Two (Gizmo)
  • Super Lover Cee & Casanova Rud

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Why would anyone be a performer and not the writer? Too many sad outcomes for performing only
Because people initially know their limitations. For example, Salt N Pepa get zero publishing from Push It because Herby Luv Bug wrote and produced the record along with most of their hits. But, think of all the millions they made from performing that song.

Additionally, most people do not know what the future holds. Most artist don't make it. For example, you how you are right now, if a music producer saw you in Walmart and said, "you have a look that I think I could market." And then said "I will give you $250K to make an album where you don't have to write any songs, just do what I say." The producer keeps all the publishing, but you can tour and make money.

Most would do it in a heartbeat.

This is the business.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eric B and Rakim
Two bad examples cause Eric is eating more off of Rakim than Rakim is off of his own shit and come to find out that Eric was pretending to be a DJ,but he handled the business.
Audio Two (Gizmo)
Their brothers,half brothers and they don't speak,nor does he speak with his father(manager) or his sister McLite all over shady fucking business.

When the $$$$ comes ain't no friends,it's business.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She was an acknowledged part of the group. If they ain't broke Salt & Pepa need to do the right thing by her. :hmm:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Two bad examples cause Eric is eating more off of Rakim than Rakim is off of his own shit and come to find out that Eric was pretending to be a DJ,but he handled the business.

Their brothers,half brothers and they don't speak,nor does he speak with his father(manager) or his sister McLite all over shady fucking business.

When the $$$$ comes ain't no friends,it's business.
All true. But, the question was about notoriety and shine. Not wealth.

But, still, you're points are noted.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Spin wasn't rapping on all the songs like that. She might have had 3 verses tops?
She crazy if she asking for "Push It" money. She aint on that song!
That is like 2pac asking for "Humpty Dance" money.

Yup

The group is called Salt n Peppa not Salt Peppa n Spin.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
When one of the Whispers had to be replaced for an upcoming tour due to illness, he still got a cut of the show money.

You know more about these contracts than I do, but isn't that typical for most longstanding groups? Especially if that member was an employee of the band?

Also. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the most successful bands stay together because you have one or two members who write songs and headline, a few more who take direction, and the rest of the pot gets split evenly. I've heard that's what keeps the rolling Stones and U2 together

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
You know more about these contracts than I do, but isn't that typical for most longstanding groups? Especially if that member was an employee of the band?

Also. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the most successful bands stay together because you have one or two members who write songs and headline, a few more who take direction, and the rest of the pot gets split evenly. I've heard that's what keeps the rolling Stones and U2 together
That last part is also why bands break up. If you have a 6 piece group, and 2 people are writing all of the material, guess who's also making most of the money? And if those 2 refuse to let the others contribute, that group ain't long for this world. Now, if the rest of the group are cool with that arrangement, then yeah, that group could have a very long run.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sad they only made 600,000 in 10 yrs off their catalog smh
Styles P just admitted he only gets 25k per yr off his own catalog but he does better on his features

Said if he wasn't a business owner he would be broke because the system is broken. You could sign a contract in 96 that will have u broke in 2021

Last edited: