Spinderella Reportedly Suing Salt-N-Pepa For Owed Royalties, Fraud

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
different type of type deal here

its very unlikely she was ever signed to the same recording contract as SnP
she wasn't hired until after the first album which has their biggest hit

I'll give you 2 guesses who still holds the trade mark / rights to Salt n Pepa name
DKplhilXcAEL_F_.jpg
Yeah but she’s complaining she’s getting excluded from shows and performances too. That’s a problem.

NER0

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Looks like she’s about to start dj’ing at spot in Dallas(Addison)
I was there last weekend. Might have to go back soon to check her out

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
You gotta split three ways. She’s just as popular if not more then the other 2. They are a brand. Bun B would do a show with UGK and would cut his estate some bread. Young Miami been holding City’s Girls down by herself and still giving JT her cut when she do features and shows. That’s how it suppose to be.
When one of the Whispers had to be replaced for an upcoming tour due to illness, he still got a cut of the show money.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
This shit is still going on? This which Spinderella is Spinderella, Spinderella isn't getting paid shit has been going on for 30+ years.
No one coming to an S&P to see Spinderella on the Wheels of Steel. FOH.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
n Devastating News, Salt-N-Pepa and Spinderella Are Apparently in a ‘Scorched-Earth’ Legal Battle
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
2-Salt-N-Pepa-DJ-Spinderella.w330.h330.jpg

Photo: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

Girl, what’s my weakness? Men, and an understanding of contract law. According to Billboard, a judge sent a lawsuit filed by DJ Spinderella against Salt-N-Pepainto mediation on Friday. Deidra Roper, who has performed with Sandra “Pepa” Denton and Cheryl “Salt” James for decades, accuses her former longtime collaborators of fraud, breach of contract, and trademark infringement after receiving a termination email back in January.

While Salt-N-Pepa issued a statement Friday applauding the ruling, saying they hope their attempt to go their separate ways from their former DJ would be like a “divorce, both peacefully and without rancor,” Roper alleges she has lost out on more than $600,000 after being cut out of numerous opportunities dating back years, including Salt-N-Pepa’s tour with New Kids On The Block and last year’s Billboard Awards show. You can read the full statement from Salt-N-Pepa via their spokesperson below.

A U.S. District Court Judge in the Dallas District today rejected DJ Spinderella’s requests for immediate relief against Salt-N-Pepa and its management, ordering the case to mediation. We are grateful for the judge’s ruling as Salt-N-Pepa have been extremely generous to Spin over many decades and attempted to settle what amounts to a divorce, both peacefully and without rancor. Unfortunately, Spin and her legal team adopted a scorched earth approach that brought unnecessary attention to a business dispute that all along could have, and should have, been settled amicably and privately.

@ViCiouS

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

DJ Spinderella disappointed over being 'wrongfully excluded' from Salt-N-Pepa's Lifetime biopic
By Rosy Cordero January 24, 2021 at 02:04 PM EST

ADVERTISEMENT
Save
FB
Tweet

More
Salt n Pepa

CREDIT: RON GALELLA, LTD./RON GALELLA COLLECTION VIA GETTY IMAGES
Deidra "DJ Spinderella" Roper is speaking out against Lifetime's Salt-N-Pepa biopic for excluding her voice.

Roper, who was a member of the popular '90s group since 1987, was fired in January 2019 for unknown reasons. Months later, insight into the rift was fleshed out in a lawsuit initiated by Roper against former bandmates Cheryl James (Salt) and Sandra Denton (Pepa) for trademark infringement, fraud, and breach of contract. The case was dismissed in July 2019 after the trio reached a confidential settlement, according to TMZ.

Salt n Pepa

CREDIT: AL PEREIRA/GETTY IMAGES/MICHAEL OCHS ARCHIVES
The agreement didn't lead to a reconciliation, however, which was made evident as James and Denton, who co-produced and wrote the biopic released on Saturday, did not invite Roper to tell her side of the story. The legendary DJ also expressed her disappointment from being excluded "from every aspect of development and production."

"Sorry, but I gotta speak on this Lifetime special," Roper tweeted on Saturday. "Too often, Black women who have made meaningful contributions in their industry are left out of historical narratives."

She continued, "Back when Salt n' Pepa was building our legacy, which is rooted in empowering women, I could not have dreamed that this same group would one day disempower me."

Roper made clear in a further note that she "does not support" the film adding, "There's nothing more unacceptable than a woman being silenced by another woman."
She also took the opportunity to announce she's working on her own projects that'll share insight into her musical contributions and her life in her own voice.
"The great news is I'm in the final stages of writing my memoir, a personal journey navigating through life, relationships, and the industry that raised me. 30+ years is a lot of content and I'm ready to share."

During Roper's years with Salt-N-Pepa, they won a Grammy Award in 1995 for Best Rap Performance by a duo or group for their hit song "None of Your Business," multiple MTV Video Music Awards, and were honored at the second annual VH-1 Hip-Hop Honors.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
When they separated from Herbie, this is when all the real problems between them happened and Salt N Pepa began to fall off. Herb wanted Spin to be like Jam Master Jay was to Run DMC. Jay didn't rap much. But, Run DMC treated Jay like an equal. Herb planned this for Salt N Pepa, but when they decided to split from Herb, those plans went away because the money wasn't coming in the same anymore.

Plus, back in the day, Spin was always the finest one. They knew this and used her as eye candy until she wasn't needed anymore.

1*c67G1A86ZXgk2SXKhvfl2Q.jpeg

811453-1986_salt_n_pepa-900x600.jpg

images

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'll give you 2 guesses who still holds the trade mark / rights to Salt n Pepa name
DKplhilXcAEL_F_.jpg
Right,all of this bickering,suing back and forth BUT NO ONE SAY'S A DAMN THING ABOUT HERBIE AND HE PROBABLY JUST PURCHASED HIS YOUNGEST CHILD A 2021 BENZ WITH A BOW ON TOP.
KidNPlay,SaltNPeppa,Martin laurence,Tisha & Pam and the many other artist he produced and worked with,dude was the smart and still is.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

DKplhilXcAEL_F_.jpg

Haitian

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Where did you get this information from about Run DMC?

Show me how they treated Jam Master Jay like an equal?

Have you been paying attention?

Jay was left in the hood to fucking die!!!!!

When they separated from Herbie, this is when all the real problems between them happened and Salt N Pepa began to fall off. Herb wanted Spin to be like Jam Master Jay was to Run DMC. Jay didn't rap much. But, Run DMC treated Jay like an equal. Herb planned this for Salt N Pepa, but when they decided to split from Herb, those plans went away because the money wasn't coming in the same anymore.

Plus, back in the day, Spin was always the finest one. They knew this and used her as eye candy until she wasn't needed anymore.

1*c67G1A86ZXgk2SXKhvfl2Q.jpeg

811453-1986_salt_n_pepa-900x600.jpg

images

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Where did you get this information from about Run DMC?

Show me how they treated Jam Master Jay like an equal?

Have you been paying attention?

Jay was left in the hood to fucking die!!!!!
you don't know what you are talking about... (tito neither... " j rapping" :rolleyes: )

j dmc and run all lived in South East Queens back then, jamaica, hollis, hollis hills

j put his studio in the heart of jamaica - in a transit hub that was easy for everyone from LI and NYC to travel to

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
YOU don't know what I am talking about maybe?

They didn't split that money 3 ways and left Jay for dead.

He died. Run DMC aint even send flowers.

What the fuck you talking about?

you don't know what you are talking about... (tito neither... " j rapping" :rolleyes: )

j dmc and run all lived in South East Queens back then, jamaica, hollis, hollis hills

j put his studio in the heart of jamaica - in a transit hub that was easy for everyone from LI and NYC to travel to

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered

I see I'm gonna have to be the hip hop historian on this site. Jay did rap on a couple joints. Including this single:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
How much did he charge?
Lol!!! This I don't know.
:lol:
j's value was never rapping

you are trying to Jarobi the man
Lol!! Not Jarobi!! Lol!!

Naw, Jay was not a rapper......at least not a good rapper. Neither was Spin really. I made the comment Jay rapped on a couple joints, and someone incorrectly said he didn't.

I'm really deep into music. Especially history.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
YOU don't know what I am talking about maybe?

They didn't split that money 3 ways and left Jay for dead.

He died. Run DMC aint even send flowers.

What the fuck you talking about?
:rolleyes:

J was not signed on the Profile recording contract...but signed on the Arista contract ,

everything else you typed is false

he had 1/3 publishing of production under "RunDMC" and 1/3 of shows after Rush ate