Social Media Debate: When experts have to interact with the public who THINKS it knows better (is society getting dumber?)

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
but its (a phrase I think you may have invented) EMOTIONAL hypocrisy.

Its like I have NOTHING against gay people...but keep that faggot shit away from me.

That kid wasn't raped I WISH some thick ass blonde white girl MOLESTED me when I was in grade school

I feel like the emotional has completely OVERTAKEN the rational...

I wrote a tweet it got a bad response...I will KILL myself

not just delete it or apologize

I Will KILL myself.

I think MANY white folk justify Trump the same way...he was just KIDDING, I just wanted lower taxes...

he wasn't SERIOUS

Its like if it FEELS good it must be right.

and we have ALSO entered the realm where if and WHEN you correct someone?

You have to be so careful...cause somehow in THIS climate

correcting someone can be seen as BULLYING!

everything (facts be damned) is based on how that person FEELS at the PARTICULAR moment and time.

How can a THINKER like yourself deal with that?!?

How I deal with it? When it comes to emotions, I have zero solutions.

Emotions are very personal, so I definitely do not have the right to tell a person how they should feel about something.

So best I can do empathize. That's it. I honestly do not deal with it well. It's very stressing for me.

Once upon a time, I could not give a damn, but being a teacher caused me to care about people more and I don't like people.

So I'm always at a constant conflict. But I accept this as who I am becoming. I still have a very assertive personality, so I have no issue presenting solution regardless of how a person feels about something.

I understand how you feel about navigating through this new age of stuff. It's very annoying, but it also makes it very easy for me to turn the mirror onto people.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Emotions are very personal, so I definitely do not have the right to tell a person how they should feel about something.

So best I can do empathize. That's it. I honestly do not deal with it well. It's very stressing for me.

Once upon a time, I could not give a damn, but being a teacher caused me to care about people more and I don't like people.

So I'm always at a constant conflict. But I accept this as who I am becoming. I still have a very assertive personality, so I have no issue presenting solution regardless of how a person feels about something.

I understand how you feel about navigating through this new age of stuff. It's very annoying, but it also makes it very easy for me to turn the mirror onto people.

Now that aint true fam!!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I've learned a few things over the decades...

and its that MOST people?

don't REALLY WANT solutions to their problems.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Having a sick child...

has opened my eyes immensely to how people really are

and most of it has not been good.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Now that aint true fam!!!!

It's true man. I'm introverted like hell.

I love to help CERTAIN people, but people are draining overall.

I've learned a few things over the decades...

and its that MOST people?

don't REALLY WANT solutions to their problems.

Pretty much. Many folk don't want solutions. They just want you to listen to their problems, which I don't have an issue with until that's ALL they are doing and not changing anything.

Being a father to 3 boys and becoming a mentor did it for me.

Mentoring was really draining because I couldn't help a lot of people that I wanted to.

Some people's problem are beyond my knowledge in knowing how to deal with.

My first teaching gig was at an alternative school in Winston-Salem, NC. I was 22 years old.

Lets just say after my first week, I was crying on the shoulders of wifey :lol:

I was emotionally taxed with all the problems those kids were dealing with. I couldn't do it and definitely not at that age.

I said fuck this shit, I'm going to get my masters. lol/

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Aye mane I got a new controller for Xmas, gimme some vsts and plug-ins and shit, I know yo ass got some lol

i got em all.
what you want right now is omnisphere 2
that's pretty much where the sounds are right now though i do fuck with massive and kontakt for ogranic sounds. if you need links let me know the OS

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Oh this shit happens all the time. Some of y'all know I work in advertising....I can't tell you how many times I've had people at Super bowl parties question me on shit. I've had dudes tell me to my face how one product really didn't want to be in the superbowl but had to be from public pressure not realizing I FUCKING NEGOTIATED THE DEAL!

Yeah everyone wants to be an expert.

I worked in IT at Ogilvy a long time ago. In fact I was at Ogilvy when 911 happened.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
i got em all.
what you want right now is omnisphere 2
that's pretty much where the sounds are right now though i do fuck with massive and kontakt for ogranic sounds. if you need links let me know the OS
Windows 10
Pro Tools HD 12

Hell yeah. Appreciate that.

Trying to get back in the groove. Beat making be testing my patience.
didn't even know you got down mane!

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Windows 10
Pro Tools HD 12

didn't even know you got down mane!

you got the latest waves and such?
im actually into sound design now too as far as creating my own sounds i got the sample moog the sample tron the mininova and omnisphere for that stuff.
we need to make a collab album of beats no bullshit either man. i dm'd you

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
If,you go to some Neil Degrasse Tyson videos on YouTube, white folks will say he's wrong....

I had BLACK people saying he fake

I need to CONFIRM

but I head Lord Jamar said he debate NGT in science and win...

I would have jumped up and beat him down for that nonsense,

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
There are black people on this board that think they know more about science than einstein because they watched some youtube vids. And I’m not kidding.

kidding?

we know your serious as a heart attack.

have you SEEN the flat earth and moon landing threads?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The wife just dropped this jewel on me and it related to the work place too

The WORST thing that can happen in this time?

Is for an expert or scientific field to either MODIFY, RE-EXAMINE or MISSPEAK

or actually make an ERROR?

In today's climate?

the public who makes NUMEROUS HUGE MISTAKES an HOUR...

CANNOT and WILL NOT FORGIVE an ERROR

from an "EXPERT"

but like @4 Dimensional was explaining

this is EMOTIONAL HYPOCRISY.

Because if someone they LIKE or AGREE with makes a egregious ERROR?

Then ALL is forgiven.

But let a scientist or executive misspeak?

They will "cancel" that person and /or company with the quickness!

(but will NOT boycott the NFL, just saying)

Last edited:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
you got the latest waves and such?
im actually into sound design now too as far as creating my own sounds i got the sample moog the sample tron the mininova and omnisphere for that stuff.
we need to make a collab album of beats no bullshit either man. i dm'd you
I had the mercury bundle and 100s of gigs of vsts on my old daw but I ran 9 forever and haven't installed anything new since I set up 12 on my new workstation. I got hella horsepower but no instruments or processors or anything, gotta rebuild. All I got is my sample library and all my drums and shit.

I had dozens of softsynths and other shit, probably hundreds.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I had the mercury bundle and 100s of gigs of vsts on my old daw but I ran 9 forever and haven't installed anything new since I set up 12 on my new workstation. I got hella horsepower but no instruments or processors or anything, gotta rebuild. All I got is my sample library and all my drums and shit.

I had dozens of softsynths and other shit, probably hundreds.
i feel that. it's an addiction at some point lol i have gigs of shit just in case lol

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The wife just dropped this jewel on me and it related to the work place too

The WORST thing that can happen in this time?

Is for an expert or scientific field to either MODIFY, RE-EXAMINE or MISSPEAK

or actually make an ERROR?

In today's climate?

the public who makes NUMEROUS HUGE MISTAKES an HOUR...

CANNOT and WILL OT FORGIVE and ERROR from a "EXPERT"

but like @4 Dimensional was explaining

this is EMOTIONAL HYPOCRISY.

Because if someone they LIKE or AGREE with makes a egregious ERROR?

Then ALL is forgiven.

But let a scientist or executive misspeak?

They will ?cancel" that person and /or company with the quickness!

(but will NOT boycott the NFL, just saying)

Bruh. Your wife is spot on.

I'm am not allowed to make any mistake in my field. Folks will take that as an opportunity to minimize how much you know.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
it can be productive when the person who is uninformed is not looking to “win” in front of an “audience” and is asking challenging questions yet truly receptive to learning something/a new idea...but too many ppl on social media (many of them adults) have a high school debate team mentality and think they’re accomplishing something “great” by sticking to their point no matter how asinine it is