So when’s the housing bubble bursting?

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
It messes up my debt to income ratio. I keep up with my finances and debt in an excel spreadsheet.

My calculated debt to income was less than 20%, but because I’m 100k in student loan debt that 0.5% calculation makes them come up with a payment of $500 a month. Their debt to income for me calculation was 46%. I told that lady I have never paid that much ever in monthly student loans. At most it was $180 and that was in 2020. Payments have been paused for several years now.
that is straight bullshit

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It messes up my debt to income ratio. I keep up with my finances and debt in an excel spreadsheet.

My calculated debt to income was less than 20%, but because I’m 100k in student loan debt that 0.5% calculation makes them come up with a payment of $500 a month. Their debt to income for me calculation was 46%. I told that lady I have never paid that much ever in monthly student loans. At most it was $180 and that was in 2020. Payments have been paused for several years now.
Yeah bro that shouldn’t have that much of an impact on your loan though. 46% seems incorrect.
You may want to look at another credit union also or get another opinion.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The salary a single person needs to live comfortably in 25 major U.S. cities

Mike Winters
March 20, 2024

To live "comfortably" as a single person in 99 of the largest U.S. metro areas, you'll need a median income of $93,933, according to a recent SmartAsset analysis.

"Comfortable" is defined as the income needed to cover a 50/30/20 budget, which assumes 50% of your monthly income can pay for necessities like housing and utility costs, 30% can cover discretionary spending and 20% can be set aside for savings or investments.

SmartAsset extrapolated the income needed for a 50/30/20 budget based on the cost of necessities, using data from the MIT Living Wage Calculator.

Here's the income a single person needs to live comfortably in the 25 U.S. cities with the highest cost of living:

• New York City: $138,570
• San Jose, California: $136,739
• Irvine, California: $126,797
• Santa Ana, California: $126,797
• Boston: $124,966
• San Diego: $122,803
• Chula Vista, California: $122,803
• San Francisco: $119,558
• Seattle: $119,392
• Oakland, California: $118,768
• Arlington, Virginia: $117,686
• Newark, New Jersey: $116,646
• Jersey, New Jersey: $116,646
• Long Beach, California: $114,691
• Anaheim, California: $114,691
• Honolulu: $111,904
• Los Angeles: $110,781
• Aurora, Colorado: $110,115
• Portland, Oregon: $110,032
• Riverside, California: $109,408
• Atlanta: $107,453
• Sacramento, California: $104,790
• Raleigh, North Carolina: $102,752
• Gilbert, Arizona: $102,752
• Glendale, Arizona: $102,752

New York City ranks first overall, requiring an income of $138,570 for a single person to live comfortably. In contrast, single people in Houston need to earn $75,088 — the lowest amount of all major U.S. cities examined.

Other large coastal cities follow NYC in the rankings. In Los Angeles, Honolulu, San Francisco, Seattle and Boston, you'd need to earn $110,000 or more to live comfortably as a single person. All of these cities command some of the highest living costs in the country, particularly for housing, according to The Council for Community and Economic Research.

Californians, in particular, have suffered from a longstanding housing shortage that's worse than the U.S. overall, so it's not surprising that 11 cities from the state are among the most expensive places to live, thus requiring higher salaries to live comfortably.

While employers in large, high-cost cities tend to offer higher-than-average salaries as a way to attract and retain talent, housing costs can make it difficult to maintain a 50/30/20 budget.

In New York City, a third of residents spend half of their income on rent, according to the Community Service Society. To compensate for high housing costs, residents commonly find room elsewhere in their budgets, whether that's skipping out on homeownership or spending less on discretionary purchases.

Either way, those who live alone pay a significant "singles tax" in large cities when it comes to the costs of food, shelter and transportation.

107389430-1710858179282-GettyImages-1964242984.jpg

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
good info. i listed my house in Shaw. judging by the past, i thought my house would have sold within two weeks, but nope. the market has been slow for me. super slow. thinking about just renting my house out until the market flips.
You should make a killing once it's sold...Nice area....

I will say before you do rent, make sure you consider DC laws....Man they are crazy as hell....

I am renting my condo right now over in the Ft. Lincoln area across the street from the Costco and the first property management I used was terrible. The company I am using now is solid, but I've come to turns that I am going to sell after my tenant leaves....

The laws are just too crazy - tax lien if your water bill goes to $600 and isn't paid, tenants don't have to leave even if you won't to sell....
It's almost like once you decide to rent your place, DC just owns the joint....

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NoVA has some really nice (expensive) areas. But everything is over priced in NoVA. 1200 SQ ft townhome (not including below grade SQ ft) that's within the beltway...$550K+
Crazy bro. It’s been like that for years too, but when you close to DC and have a good school system (major key), shit is going to be over priced or you have to pay a premium.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm guessing those homes are $10-20M.

Yeah I would say in that range if it's in like McLean which is closer to DC.....If these are out in Loudoun Co., probably starting at around 4 million....Loudon Co. is about 45 minutes (depending on traffic of course) from downtown DC, but you will get alot of land out there...

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The internet for people thinking that tulum isn’t ghetto.
I know they are targeting Americans that buy those houses

some big influence got murdered in a house that he was building out there
Mexico is were Americans go to die... violently.