SNOWFALL FX discussion thread

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
lol @ listening to Tariq Nasheed

And are you pleased to see the gangs cause that's what you been wanting for a while now

Did you pay attention to Manboy and his friends decked in blue and Stacey and his crew all with red rags?

Not necessarily wanting to see it because I know the show is probably going start showing more heartbreaking images now, similar to The Wire.

My issue was trying to piece together a timeline of events of early 80s South Central LA.

- Crack comes

- Dealers begin dealing

- Fiends in the streets

- Trigger play starts to up-tick

- More bangers get in on the trade with less discipline

- Bangers have the cash to buy powerful weapons and begin literally waring with each other over drug turf and long-standing conflicts.

For me, it was trying to figure how crack goes from one family and his associates to literally change the course of a neighborhood.

When the rips drop, I'll binge watch it and try to keep my eyes a bit more open.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Not necessarily wanting to see it because I know the show is probably going start showing more heartbreaking images now, similar to The Wire.

My issue was trying to piece together a timeline of events of early 80s South Central LA.

- Crack comes

- Dealers begin dealing

- Fiends in the streets

- Trigger play starts to up-tick

- More bangers get in on the trade with less discipline

- Bangers have the cash to buy powerful weapons and begin literally waring with each other over drug turf and long-standing conflicts.

For me, it was trying to figure how crack goes from one family and his associates to literally change the course of a neighborhood.

When the rips drop, I'll binge watch it and try to keep my eyes a bit more open.

They showed it
he got shot
when everyone thinks the king is dead they go ahead and do what they want
he was the respect the life line and the power
leon, uncle aunt all of them were still active and keeping the product flowing. they're still the only game in town as far as supply goes
but they went to the well ill ask for forgiveness and not permission while he's away shit
and they didn't respect leon uncle or aunt
when manboy shot up the complex he looked uncle right in the eye and rode off
stacey came marching didn't even care that uncle was strapped just straight walked past him

so we'll see what happens from here on out.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
Okay, I get that most of y’all are focused on the boyz in the hood aspect, but eventually the involvement of the American military, Reagan and the flow of product for weapons to The Contras is the big story. Lt. Col. Ollie North, et al has to show up somewhere. Congress specifically said no to the weapons, but these muhfuhkahs came up with a scheme, and even when they were outed, everybody said fukh fixing the communities they destroyed.

Couldn’t happen today, right?

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:smh: Man I wanted a better end to this season.

I feel the next season will be the last.

Fuck that

That shit was a clusterfuck and a bad sign going forward without Singleton at the helm

When he died, a lot of the castmembers were posting on social media that it's the final season etc...I wonder when they finished the final episode.

A2D. I like the show better w/o him. The plot and script seems more complex now.

Folks need to keep in mind that the show is about what happen during that era. Like The Wire, it ain't just about dope boys.

Yeah, that's where it could go. Leon be looking a lot like Easy...I wonder if they'll have them transitioning into music at some point.

The first thing we see as we inch towards reality if ManBoy lighting Stacey's apartment complex up in a drive-by and Stacey's crew coming through with the guns and ready to retaliate.
You asked when the gang war was going to go down? IT'S NOW
why did it go down? Because the King was out of commission.

Now he has an uphill neverending battle to try and restore peace in L.A. but can he do it?

When they first went to Stacey's crib & they had on all the red, it dawned on me who they were. Gangs had been around since the 60s, 70s got bloody, its amazing how they've been able to keep it exclusively about the dope game until now...this next season is gonna be really interesting. I hope they can keep it up!!!!

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
When he died, a lot of the castmembers were posting on social media that it's the final season etc...I wonder when they finished the final episode.

Yeah, that's where it could go. Leon be looking a lot like Easy...I wonder if they'll have them transitioning into music at some point.

When they first went to Stacey's crib & they had on all the red, it dawned on me who they were. Gangs had been around since the 60s, 70s got bloody, its amazing how they've been able to keep it exclusively about the dope game until now...this next season is gonna be really interesting. I hope they can keep it up!!!!

I noticed it off top but also its not for me to be a know it all
its for everyone to get the most out of it at the end we can revisit shit which is why i went ahead and pointed out the color distinction. I've been dropping hints at it for a while saying that it's already there lol

But NOW it will be full force. It's the stage of progression.
shit first of all they had been just dealing with weed really coke was for the white people in the valley remember?
then saint turned that whole demographic to crack in the neighborhood cause it was safer to do it and control the area as opposed to the valley
but then it brought it to their doorstep. he still had a handle on it. im glad they had ol girl shoot him and put him out of comission for a minute because that allowed for the shit to hit the fan. purely out of the respect for him nobody was going in on the gang wars for turf. the thing was divided up like a pie. its no different than when alexander didn't name a successor and everyone started trying to grapple at territory.

now franklin has an uphill battle trying to get things back to peace but we know how this ends. there won't be peace. reed will work with him and turn on him.

i don't see him getting killed i do see him trying to get his spot back as ruler of l.a. and people having a taste of the moment not trying to give it to him. i def see him having to become who he's trying to control in order to restore the order.
he hasn't had to rule with an iron fist to be honest
he's had to show bits and pieces of muslce here and there but now he needs an army to fight the armys so his army can be the one to keep the peace.

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Frank's aunt was pregnant in the "dream prequel". I think they had her pregnant maybe because they always treated Franklin like a son than a nephew and how he wished they had a child of their own.

Not clear on this tho

She was pregnant in real life. If you notice in the last episode she's holding a coat in front of her stomach the entire sequence of that scene. She also gained weight with the pregnancy.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
show is so dope from all angles.. I loved how they showed

how it is for many disenfranchised bruhs tryin to attend college and do shit the legal way..

and how college is all about business under the guise of educationing youth.. and how that business cared nothing of some struggling young bruh from the hood..

while doing what franklyn is doing is not an excuse for not having any other option, it does show that sometimes a series of circumstances can force one to have only one road to go to reach his goals..

really lookin forward to next season... even though somebody got some big ass shoes to fill with John passing...

PliggaNease

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm all caught up now, and now I can't wait for season 4. I'm wondering how much Mel is gonna be involved next season and what fallout she'll have to deal with from shooting Franklin.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
They played a longer cut of this scene on sway in the morning the other day....

I barely watched the first episode a few years back..... After hearing this clip and seeing this thread.... Now might be time to binge

I loved that scene. He had to tell Leon to check his emotions or get the stepping. This shit is business. It’s also rega
Wasn't gonna happen overnight but it is here now and it ain't going nowhere.

Think back to a few episodes ago manboy takes them to Stacey house and they're cool.

And by the end of the season manboy is doing a drive by in that same complex

Man boy ain’t really cool cool with Stacey. Stacey sister is his baby moms. Man boy even said Stacey is 730 so anything can set homie off.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Sorry for the stupid question...

My girl and I have watched the first

2 seasons where in the last episode,

the CIA guy got his case tossed and

Franklin comes back home. That

was the last episode of season 2. My

question is, where can I watch season 3?

We have netflix and it only shows seasons

1 and 2 available for viewing. :dunno:

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor

I don't even see snowfall on Netflix

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor

You must mean hulu.

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right after I finished season 2, I cut cable and forgot about Snowfall. I've been binge watching season 3 over New Year's break. I know I'm late, but Mel on crack has got me completely fucked up.

For shows and movies based in L.A. damn if it doesn't seem everytime someone is a day, or so, away from escaping the hood the hood takes them under. Boys N The Hood, Menace 2 Society, Snowfall, etc., someone was always about to leave right before they get fucked up. Damn, a day away from going to Spellman. :smh: Damn, just damn :smh: :smh:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

do a search under tv shows.. you may have to request re-ups...