SNOWFALL FX discussion thread

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
In retrospect, how did you manage to save and safeguard 70 million dollars? You cannot deposit it in a bank because the government will seize it. You cannot keep everything in a closed storehouse safe because someone will eventually locate it. How would you keep your money safe from the authorities and your adversaries?

your money among friends....

He had the money in foreign accounts with the help of bankers he paid off. I would have bought a decent amount of gold, silver, and platinum bars and buried it somewhere. Even a decent gun collection I can resell, today there are so many things you can buy that will have a decent resale value.

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor
He had the money in foreign accounts with the help of bankers he paid off. I would have bought a decent amount of gold, silver, and platinum bars and buried it somewhere. Even a decent gun collection I can resell, today there are so many things you can buy that will have a decent resale value.
That won't stop the feds from getting to it.....take everything you think you own.....again.....how do you keep the wealth?

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
That won't stop the feds from getting to it.....take everything you think you own.....again.....how do you keep the wealth?
The problem I had with this was the character wasn't a dumb ass. They made him smart and most of all strategic. Ain't really shit to stash hundreds of thousands at a minimum. And if a person can't be set off that, they deserve to be fucked up. But typical writing, selective traits in characters that are suddenly eliminated to further plot.

Yeah, might have to sacrifice some to the people to make them think they got it all, but got shit buried around the state like a fucking pirate. Stacks here, stacks there, stacks every fucking where. :lol:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In retrospect, how did you manage to save and safeguard 70 million dollars? You cannot deposit it in a bank because the government will seize it. You cannot keep everything in a closed storehouse safe because someone will eventually locate it. How would you keep your money safe from the authorities and your adversaries?

you spread it out. Franklin had a main acct that teddy knew about.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

My momma

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Gustavo was just a dude trying to survive...not much to his story beyond that.

Leon turned a corner and became enlightened. The best he can do is used his money to try to save a few. How would that story work? Everyone finds bad characters more compelling than good ones trying to save the world.

Theres a reason why shows like the wire and power, godfather of harlem and snowfall were as popular as they were particularly with the black community. No one wants to see good people doing good shit :smh:

Disagree with this.

I think Lee went from being annoying on some Sharif/Sincere shit to probably being a fan favorite.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Disagree with this.

I think Lee went from being annoying on some Sharif/Sincere shit to probably being a fan favorite.
i remembered this..
Leon's subplot is stupid at this point. He has absolutely NO REASON to stay. The game has changed for the worst. He's NOT marcus garvey or malcolm x and can't change it. They have no respect for his woman AND she's under constant pressure and temptation. They were literally smiling and happy ALL THE TIME in Ghana. Theres every reason to leave and none to stay and yet..... :smh::smh::smh::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

They sorta hinted at the if he doesn't take over little factions worst than Deion will try to rise up and take the spot. Making more war. So he's pretty much going to sell drugs to save the neighborhood. He pushes, because he cares....
sums it up nicely :giggle:

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem I had with this was the character wasn't a dumb ass. They made him smart and most of all strategic. Ain't really shit to stash hundreds of thousands at a minimum. And if a person can't be set off that, they deserve to be fucked up. But typical writing, selective traits in characters that are suddenly eliminated to further plot.

Yeah, might have to sacrifice some to the people to make them think they got it all, but got shit buried around the state like a fucking pirate. Stacks here, stacks there, stacks every fucking where. :lol:
You really can't bury cash underground like that, no matter how well you think you got it sealed up nature will find a way. Once the elements get to the cash, it's a wrap. Nipsey talked about this in an interview years back, his brother had buried a large sum of cash and when he dug it up it was completely unusable.

Franklin did have a stash spot where he kept a large amount of cash & drugs, but unfortunately, one of the few people he trusted with the location (Peaches) ripped him off. He did have his offshore funds spread around in various banks and accounts, but he kept the ledger of all those funds in one place (his office safe) so once Teddy got that he had a map to it all. After Peaches & Teddy cleaned him out, he had to deal with the money pit of his downtown development property, it all became a perfect storm for financial ruin.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They did not have to do you Nigga Frank Saint like that. He had a pilot's license and a plane. He did not have to go out like that. Fucking sad, he went out worse than a crackhead.
If im remembering correctly after getting out of prison one of the pilots that used to ship drugs featured in Cocaine Cowboys actually became a legit pilot.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You really can't bury cash underground like that, no matter how well you think you got it sealed up nature will find a way. Once the elements get to the cash, it's a wrap. Nipsey talked about this in an interview years back, his brother had buried a large sum of cash and when he dug it up it was completely unusable.

Franklin did have a stash spot where he kept a large amount of cash & drugs, but unfortunately, one of the few people he trusted with the location (Peaches) ripped him off. He did have his offshore funds spread around in various banks and accounts, but he kept the ledger of all those funds in one place (his office safe) so once Teddy got that he had a map to it all. After Peaches & Teddy cleaned him out, he had to deal with the money pit of his downtown development property, it all became a perfect storm for financial ruin.
He was a dumb ass for letting Peaches know where his stash was. He should of always had a million somewhere that only he knew. Tying money up in all that real estate was dumb as fuck. Dude should of had single family homes to where he could have monthly cash flow but naw he wanted to be like Ghost and own big large ass buildings.

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He was a dumb ass for letting Peaches know where his stash was. He should of always had a million somewhere that only he knew. Tying money up in all that real estate was dumb as fuck. Dude should of had single family homes to where he could have monthly cash flow but naw he wanted to be like Ghost and own big large ass buildings.
I mean, Peaches was his main bodyguard, if you can't trust the nigga who guards your life who can you trust? Also, Franklin did have some residential properties in his portfolio as well. Franklin and his mom bought up multi-family homes in the neighborhood and she managed them mostly. If you recall, during Season 1, Cissy worked for a local slumlord collecting rent and overseeing evictions. He underpaid her and she was constantly in harms way, well by the final season, when Franklin's money got really tight, he sold those rental units to the same slumlord his Mom worked for in Season 1 and what's worse is the slumlord got them at a discount because Franklin drove the property values down flooding the hood with crack Got to love the irony.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
It was a good plan until Teddy stole the money

BAG

Cleveland D-T-W [216]
BGOL Investor

And he sold the properties his wife Vee owned I'm sure she could have flipped those into something substantial, but in my opinion, he should have tortured Teddy to the point he would want to die just to get out of pain. There is no way he should have done any deal with Teddy either transfer the money or get tortured until you possibly die remember what happened to old boy in the first season who ran off with Franklin's money and got his hole run in for an hour Franklin should have hired somebody to run in Teddy :lol:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
And he sold the properties his wife Vee owned I'm sure she could have flipped those into something substantial, but in my opinion, he should have tortured Teddy to the point he would want to die just to get out of pain. There is no way he should have done any deal with Teddy either transfer the money or get tortured until you possibly die remember what happened to old boy in the first season who ran off with Franklin's money and got his hole run in for an hour Franklin should have hired somebody to run in Teddy :lol:
The money was Teddy's only leverage, he was never going to talk.