Roc Nation to lead NFL entertainment endeavors

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Nah, about super billionaires. Look at Dan Snyder’s net worth before he bought the team until now. Now, I can see Jay Z and Beyoncé leading up an investors group to buy a team. Maybe they don’t do the ownership group thing anymore.

The Davis family that owns the Raiders and the McCaskey family(George Halas daughter's kids) that own the Bears are only billionaires BECAUSE of NFL ownership. Many of the ol' skool families are.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
If you thin k its just that your missing the point

I know its not just that

But hearing those specific talking points used by Jay f*cking Z?

Trust me

That resonated strongly to a specific group

And if you dont think so you missing a point

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
I know its not just that

But hearing those specific talking points used by Jay f*cking Z?

Trust me

That resonated strongly to a specific group

And if you dont think so you missing a point

Well I guess I miss the point because Jay has been talking like this for at least 10 years. We just choose not to see it

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Kap settling out of court doesn't remove any innocence

It was a labor dispute from jump.
The end was to be reinstated or compensated for being black balled

He got compensated it was always the end goal
When being denied employment wrongfully

Going to court sounds good but the NFL knew it was going to lose and offered them a number they could never say no to
Which is why he didn't
And if it was chump change the NFL would have not put provisions on not releasing the figure settled for
They took an ultimate L

This Jay thing has me confused
I don't see the benefit
Let's see if there is one or if he sold out in this instance
You misunderstood me. I didn't mean the league was innocent. I meant that Kap was not innocent in this.
I agree with you just a bit. I would assume that if I settle out of court it's implied that "yeah we fucked you over , but let's pay you money plus we'll let you back in the league" deal?

But if I knew as you said "the league would lose", I'm taking the league to court, not settling shit, and letting ALL of the dirt out of the bag. They breaking bread plus I'm talking that shit afterwards knowing that I'd never play again.

Basically what I'm saying is the shit is very gray on both sides between Jay and Kap. If Jay uses this to push some sort of agenda (TBD) and a million Black people "win" then maybe it's worth it. But if this is just a deal to play in a concert series that only enriches The Carters and associates, then yes, it's a bad look.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You misunderstood me. I didn't mean the league was innocent. I meant that Kap was not innocent in this.
I agree with you just a bit. I would assume that if I settle out of court it's implied that "yeah we fucked you over , but let's pay you money plus we'll let you back in the league" deal?

But if I knew as you said "the league would lose", I'm taking the league to court, not settling shit, and letting ALL of the dirt out of the bag. They breaking bread plus I'm talking that shit afterwards knowing that I'd never play again.

Basically what I'm saying is the shit is very gray on both sides between Jay and Kap. If Jay uses this to push some sort of agenda (TBD) and a million Black people "win" then maybe it's worth it. But if this is just a deal to play in a concert series that only enriches The Carters and associates, then yes, it's a bad look.
I disagree with the kap stance because there's no guarantee even if they were found liable the judge or arbitrator would be inclined to offer him as much money as they probably gave him

He gave his career it is his actual life so he's definitely not at all at fault for not going to court to let stuff out the bag for our benefit when nobody boycotted the NFL and will still be going on about their lives

The Texans owner called his players inmates within the last 5 years
So yea.
Kap did the right thing he's innocent

With Jay he's helped a lot of black ppl and not just rich ones in the past 5 years or so
So I am wait and see

TOMMYGUNZZ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not surprised. This is Jay Z. Money over everything. If you listen to his music you know what he about.

This is crazy. I mean I guess if he is comfortable with it then go for it, its just a bunch of bullshit though man.

Fuck Jay Z

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
I disagree with the kap stance because there's no guarantee even if they were found liable the judge or arbitrator would be inclined to offer him as much money as they probably gave him

He gave his career it is his actual life so he's definitely not at all at fault for not going to court to let stuff out the bag for our benefit when nobody boycotted the NFL and will still be going on about their lives

The Texans owner called his players inmates within the last 5 years
So yea.
Kap did the right thing he's innocent

With Jay he's helped a lot of black ppl and not just rich ones in the past 5 years or so
So I am wait and see
You make a solid point. We dont know if he would've gotten more money despite "all the evidence against the nfl" you yourself stated. But seems like were at at impasse here with could've should've and would'ves lol.

And I cant speak for other folks but you ain't seen me at no 9er games or in the official thread since 2016
:cool:

I'm with you per my original comment. I'll wait and see and hope that my initial (and all other criticisms for others) are wrong.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m just saying. I’m seeing a lot in disagreement. So this deal is a bad one for the nfl cause people will continue to not watch nfl games. They should pull back.
Truth be told......ratings went UP last season lol. A lot of people were lying and saying they were boycotting when they were in fact watching on TV every Sunday. :lol: NFL viewership went up 5%.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I agree with the most of your post but I gotta disagree here.

How many times does Jay need to make moves that clearly benefit himself before we stop thinking he has our best intentions in mind?

He has a clear history selling us on one-sided business "wins" then skating off with the bag. And as I said before, I don't have a problem with him or the deal.

But Jay doesn't walk into these deals representing us. If he did, it would have been a public dialogue with him, our community leaders, the players and the NFL before this deal was announced.

And that’s a fair assessment. He’s definitely a business man before a social justice warrior but he can coexist in both spaces.

I’ll say this however ...

How many broke people, with no platform can enact or ever so slightly tamper with systematic and institutionalized issues? That takes immense unity which in an ideal world is far greater than any billionaire, but the reality is, that’s not the case. So how else do you change a dirty game? You need capital.

Finance is this end game. Always has been and always will be. And in order to play high stakes poker, you’re gonna need some chips to gamble in Monte Carlo. The more chips you have, the bigger the potential payout, or in this case, Hov has America’s largest sports franchise in his pocket now.

Let’s see what he does with it.

Given all he’s done, it’s disingenuous to rule him out before he’s given a chance to fail, which is what many people are hoping because he’s at so called odds with Kap. For me, the man has earned my trust. I’ll give him that until he loses it.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Truth be told......ratings went UP last season lol. A lot of people were lying and saying they were boycotting when they were in fact watching on TV every Sunday. :lol: NFL viewership went up 5%.
I know. They revenue went up. Somebody lying. Either nfl accountants or Niccas is fake boycotting.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I dont understand,why people keep bringing up Kaepernick's settlement. It was a labor issue. The NFL prevented him from getting a job.

Matter of fact,the NFLPA should have sued the NFL too,but we all know how spineless that union is...

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I’m curious... Did Kap consult anyone else before he took the check from Nike? Was Nike being generous to him or were they capitalizing as well? Did Nike use Kap the way the NFL is using Jay? How did Kap use Nike aside from a Just Do It poster? How did he further the agenda with Nike’s help?

And I’m not disrespecting Kap here at all. The movement is the reason I haven’t watched an NFL game in three years now, and I think Kap will go down as a legend 100%, but I’m having trouble drawing the parallels to what feels like faux outrage.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You make a solid point. We dont know if he would've gotten more money despite "all the evidence against the nfl" you yourself stated. But seems like were at at impasse here with could've should've and would'ves lol.

And I cant speak for other folks but you ain't seen me at no 9er games or in the official thread since 2016
:cool:

I'm with you per my original comment. I'll wait and see and hope that my initial (and all other criticisms for others) are wrong.
That’s what I’m saying. This deal doesn’t put power in jay z hand. People can still boycott watching nfl as they choose.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m curious... Did Kap consult anyone else before he took the check from Nike? Was Nike being generous to him or were they capitalizing as well? Did Nike use Kap the way the NFL is using Jay? How did Kap use Nike aside from a Just Do It poster? How did he further the agenda with Nike’s help?

And I’m not disrespecting Kap here at all. The movement is the reason I haven’t watched an NFL game in three years now, and I think Kap will go down as a legend 100%, but I’m having trouble drawing the parallels to what feels like faux outrage.
This what I don’t understand. People act like jay z gonna come to there house and turn the channel to football for them

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Philanthropy is a fancy word for co-opt. Whether or Jay is doing this for selfish reasons or trying to actually do good. But history supports anyone reason's to be skeptical towards his actions. He's made several wild business moves in the past. His brand has always been about how he can telegraph things as a hustler. But when you are in a position to be allowed to know what's happening next, you may come off as a prophet when you "speak things into existence". The money behind Jay's money decideds what he does within what his brand and who the target market is.

If the NFL wanted to do something they would have done it already. Even during the initial protest, they could have easily said, "We support Colin's or anyone else right to protest. And we will do what we can I order to raise awareness to the issues that affect the communities in which many of our players and fans come from." Owners could have got on code and been with it for optics reasons. Have some players go out and help be a part of helping bridge the gap between the problems people have and the police have. Make a huge dog and pony show. But their dumb asses couldn't do that. They had to go full cac at all cost. But they would be team owners if they didn't. Too cac for their own good. Sure it would ultimately be disingenuous, but the effort would have been better than what they did.

What the fuck is Jay gonna do as producer of the Super Bowl other than inch himself closer to a higher executive seat at the table? Nothing. Just be in charge of what they think people see Jay as, the ultimate hustler who can corral the folks the cacs can't connect with who don't care that much for the game itself at this point to overlook the bullshit.

I don't hate the man. As you get older and get hip, you see what the game is and what position people play.

Last edited:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
This what I don’t understand. People act like jay z gonna come to there house and turn the channel to football for them
Yup. Hov doing this shouldn’t change how you feel about anything.

If Jay making this move without Kap changes how you view this whole thing, that doesn’t speak about Jay or Kap, MORE than it speaks volumes about your own deficiencies.

Everyone wants to be either Coke or Pepsi, Nike or Adidas, Dunkin or Starbucks, Apple or Android, and it’s childish. (And e-militants, please spare the “brand loyalty” jibe. It’s small time and doesn’t belong in this space, especially about the topic at hand.)

Folks should be content with their decisions and keep it moving without bashing and tearing either one of these cats down.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I dont understand,why people keep bringing up Kaepernick's settlement. It was a labor issue. The NFL prevented him from getting a job.

Matter of fact,the NFLPA should have sued the NFL too,but we all know how spineless that union is...

They are spineless, but this isn't the sword to die on. They were told "shit the fuck up on this issue during gsme time", not "shut the fuck on this issue" AT ALL TIMES. There's a difference. Not saying it's right at all. It's fucking stupid to sanctify the flag/anthem when concessions and bathrooms are open at stadiums/arenas while it's played. But it is what it is.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
That’s what I’m saying. This deal doesn’t put power in jay z hand. People can still boycott watching nfl as they choose.
It's less about "power in Jay Z hand" and more about what looks like a back stabbing move that leaves behind the chief architect of the whole fucking movement. I wanna give Jay the benny but the more I think about about it, I just can't.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
This difficult for me

Its like trying to choose between my sons

Neither one of them is perfect.

But Jay just SOUNDS wrong...

YOU CALLED THE INVITATION ONLY PRESS CONFERENCE

I understand jay dont right down his bars but this aint the booth

This really effects people lives.

Words matter

Which is frustrating and disappointing as hell.

But Kap NOT talking in general is also frustrating, he never hypes himself or really spoken out for a long time. Of course actions matter more but we gotta accept the world we live in.

Kap doesn't talk or does he gotta hate i understand

But same way Jay gonna get hate for even TRYING to "fix" things.

Especially after the Barklay debacle.

I really really hope this turns into something legit so i aint commenting either way until i see how this plays out this season.
Well said

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Well this shits settled in for a day and I gotta say, once again Jay Zs PR touch is excellent.

He put it out in bits, first the headline with pics, then some audio, then some video where you actually hear him answering the questions. He brought in some reporters who would ask him hard questions, he answered them calmly, drew Colin Kaepernicks bitch ass response out (after his girlfriend and his other spokesperson Eric Reid) , and.had already garnered the support of key individuals in the media (Charlemagne and Ebro), AND "On the street (Mysonne). He let the detractors shoot their bullets the first day, and his video answering questions came.off as a response to them instead of the other way around.

And you can tell he checked the temperature on this well before. People are fatigued with this shit, and plenty of people are starting to be suspect of Kaps motives. Even Ebro went against the word of his employee , Nessa, Colin's girlfriend , when the question of if they spoke came up. Kap made the "first step", yes, but he's been spinning his wheels for two seasons and was vying for attention yet AGAIN as the season started. Jay has a sports agency. Other Black football players are taking care of their families. They're all over feeling guilty for making money and enjoying their sport. They're HAPPY with their jobs. It's time to cut this shit out. The boycott FAILED.

Social justice programs ... Do they work? No one really has a way to measure they're failure or success , but Jay Z has enough social credit out there so he can take the money and say they do and people will believe it. No one ever goes back to check any of this shit because we all have our own lives. Get back to watching football (you already were anyway) , media outlets earn your money from talking about the games instead of this fake revolutIon. Ebro still covered sports stories even though he claimed he didn't watch-- that's a part of his content that listeners wanna hear about. Jemele STILL makes money off of talking about FOOTBALL, Bars make money, advertisers all around make money off of football. It's bigger than politics. Please STFU and watch the damn games. Jay Z said it's ok.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Well this shits settled in for a day and I gotta say, once again Jay Zs PR touch is excellent.

He put it out in bits, first the headline with pics, then some audio, then some video where you actually hear him answering the questions. He brought in some reporters who would ask him hard questions, he answered them calmly, drew Colin Kaepernicks bitch ass response out (after his girlfriend and his other spokesperson Eric Reid) , and.had already garnered the support of key individuals in the media (Charlemagne and Ebro), AND "On the street (Mysonne). He let the detractors shoot their bullets the first day, and his video answering questions came.off as a response to them instead of the other way around.

And you can tell he checked the temperature on this well before. People are fatigued with this shit, and plenty of people are starting to be suspect of Kaps motives. Even Ebro went against the word of his employee , Nessa, Colin's girlfriend , when the question of if they spoke came up. Kap made the "first step", yes, but he's been spinning his wheels for two seasons and was vying for attention yet AGAIN as the season started. Jay has a sports agency. Other Black football players are taking care of their families. They're all over feeling guilty for making money and enjoying their sport. They're HAPPY with their jobs. It's time to cut this shit out. The boycott FAILED.

Social justice programs ... Do they work? No one really has a way to measure they're failure or success , but Jay Z has enough social credit out there so he can take the money and say they do and people will believe it. No one ever goes back to check any of this shit because we all have our own lives. Get back to watching football (you already were anyway) , media outlets earn your money from talking about the games instead of this fake revolutIon. Ebro still covered sports stories even though he claimed he didn't watch-- that's a part of his content that listeners wanna hear about. Jemele STILL makes money off of talking about FOOTBALL, Bars make money, advertisers all around make money off of football. It's bigger than politics. Please STFU and watch the damn games. Jay Z said it's ok.

So since half the board is lightweight calling Jay a coon you his defense attorney now. If most of the board was calling him a genius and saying how cool this is you'd be in here tryna convince us what a fraud he is and how stupid we are to not see we being played. Your contrarian stance is boring bruh.