Roc Nation to lead NFL entertainment endeavors

dirkthesuave

Rising Star
Registered
Conflicted by the news but I'm not that simple minded or cynical to think that this announcement comes in a silo. I'm holding out for more news to make it make sense.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Shit its gonna be a lot of people mad lol. Trump supporters......and the niggas who been boycotting the NFL and boycotted the Super Bowl. :lol: :lol:
I boycotted them both, (still am) but this news is nothing to be mad about.

This is awesome imo.

That was the whole point of boycotting them to begin with. To enact change. To shake up the billion dollar giant that uses and abuses our people for their own gain, while leaving us out in the dark.

Now we have a representative at the table, something we didn’t have before the boycott took hold.

If folks kept their eyes on the big picture, they’d know this is true progress.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
This difficult for me

Its like trying to choose between my sons

Neither one of them is perfect.

But Jay just SOUNDS wrong...

YOU CALLED THE INVITATION ONLY PRESS CONFERENCE

I understand jay dont right down his bars but this aint the booth

This really effects people lives.

Words matter

Which is frustrating and disappointing as hell.

But Kap NOT talking in general is also frustrating, he never hypes himself or really spoken out for a long time. Of course actions matter more but we gotta accept the world we live in.

Kap doesn't talk or does he gotta hate i understand

But same way Jay gonna get hate for even TRYING to "fix" things.

Especially after the Barklay debacle.

I really really hope this turns into something legit so i aint commenting either way until i see how this plays out this season.
I mean i havent seen the details but what is music going to do anyway? We pass all that shit now. This whole thing started with somebody. And you leave him out.

Shit is strange. All this wasn't needed.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lmao.no "movement" can do that. That takes MONEY. A lot of it. And if he did he would have to act like any other owner.
Jay-z has his own money(billion)

His wife has billions

His wife can get backed by Oprah (billions)

Oh best believe, jay-z will be a Manchurian candidate in 2030

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
From the man who tours that heynot for sale.:rolleyes:

Lol.i posted a video of him ranting that shit. All these people are in the civil rights INDUSTRY. He's just a failed rapper who blew his prime in jail from robbing people. Instead of getting a job and working on his SELF, he got into the race hustle with Tameka and gets paid when he can, pretending to be down for "the people". These people have a messiah complex. Fraud on tbe highest level. What's bad is they believe it themselves.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I mean i havent seen the details but what is music going to do anyway? We pass all that shit now. This whole thing started with somebody. And you leave him out.

Shit is strange. All this wasn't needed.

You right

But you cannot underestimate the INFLUENCE this artist and athletes have in particular when they decide to join social causes.

But in this SPECIFIC instance...

I'm lost.

Its a little gangsta for Jay to turn down the super bowl and then essentially take it over (pun intended) a year later.

But then the things he said and the specific words he used?

I can't reconcile that.

It just wasn't smart.

Jay is a lot of things... but dumb is not one.

Again i don't expect jay to save the world or ask permission on how when and with whom he does business.

Cause i aint holding anyone else to that standard.

But this thing here?

I feel like maybe I'm missing a crucial future component or I'm a fool.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She is his girl and since she keeps on talking and i geuss kap is cool with it.

So at this point she is the only real source.
That makes her important in these matters.
Naw man fuck that. Not saying she not credible but no female should be speaking for a man and hell vice versa. No dude should speak for no female either.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I boycotted them both, (still am) but this news is nothing to be mad about.

This is awesome imo.

That was the whole point of boycotting them to begin with. To enact change. To shake up the billion dollar giant that uses and abuses our people for their own gain, while leaving us out in the dark.

Now we have a representative at the table, something we didn’t have before the boycott took hold.

If folks kept their eyes on the big picture, they’d know this is true progress.
Tell that to Colin and Eric Reid.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Tell that to Colin and Eric Reid.
That’s why I’m hesitant to speak on this until the man himself comes out and say something, cause his girl is a cheerleader for him, nothing more.

Colin didn’t kneel for one singular person. He did it for the entirety. He did it for change.

But again, there’s a bigger picture than self here. If Colin and Reid are collateral damage to the greater cause, 1) what exactly are you mad about and 2) what was the points in your previous actions? Aren’t we in the same fight?

We're you truly standing up for justice, or are you now mad cause someone else is carrying the torch?

Time will expose this truth.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
That’s why I’m hesitant to speak on this until the man himself comes out and say something, cause his girl is a cheerleader for him, nothing more.

Colin didn’t kneel for one singular person. He did it for the entirety. He did it for change.

But again, there’s a bigger picture than self here. If Colin and Reid are collateral damage to the greater cause, 1) what exactly are you mad about and 2) what was the points in your previous actions? Aren’t we in the same fight?

We're you truly standing up for justice, or are you now mad cause someone else is carrying the torch?

Time will expose this truth.
Time has already exposed him.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
From their backlash, it’s looking like it
Question : do social justice programs work or nah? Cuz if they do, no one should be mad at Jay Z or anyone who is taking money to run some. I see Jemele Hill and others saying this is just throwing money at it. That leads me to believe that they believe those things don't work anyway.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Question : do social justice programs work or nah? Cuz if they do, no one should be mad at Jay Z or anyone who is taking money to run some. I see Jemele Hill and others saying this is just throwing money at it. That leads me to believe that they believe those things don't work anyway.
That’s a complex question with an even more complex answer. I’ll try my best to make this make sense.

My take is, it can and it can’t.

It’s just like anything else really. You put the time effort, energy, dedication, passion, consistency and enthusiasm behind it and you’ll see results. Most people however, can’t do this in their own lives, let alone a boycott or a protest, peace rally etc. You don’t put those things forward and you’ll fail.

Simple as.

To create tangible and viable change towards a product, a company, a law etc, those criteria have to be met.

The number one rule in marketing is, if there’s a commercial for it, you don’t need it. This is why companies and corporations spend billions on billions on billions to advertise. They know full well that you don’t need them, but they NEED you. Without the mass public, you aren’t much and this is what they forget, especially the fucking NFL.

That without these players, their product is next to nothing. They only want to present the image of “big bad sports league” because CAC’s know they’re vulnerable and not far away from potential decline if we managed to somehow come together. So they present this huff and puff image of themselves to scare people down and it works.

But folks like Kap and Hov are here to remind them that they can be brought down if they keep playing games. That without US, they ain’t shit.

Hov sitting at this table is not only a power move, but a voice that clearly represents us, and can affect change from the inside out.

And this what makes his backlash from Jemele Hill and all these outlets very confusing. “Oh he’s a sellout.. a coon.. an Uncle Tom..” etc.

??

It seems like it’s misplaced anger more than anything else, but if that’s the case, ESPECIALLY for a fight this important, they need to let it go. There are other hills you can die on.

Sorry about the length of all that but the context was needed. So to answer your question, yes, I think what Kap and Hov have done (and are doing) is the genesis of something greater. Raising awareness, making tangible change, & giving the voiceless a voice.

Movements are always perfect, but this is one I’ve definitely been behind from jump and it’s coming along well.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
That’s a complex question with an even more complex answer. I’ll try my best to make this make sense.

My take is, it can and it can’t.

It’s just like anything else really. You put the time effort, energy, dedication, passion, consistency and enthusiasm behind it and you’ll see results. Most people however, can’t do this in their own lives, let alone a boycott or a protest, peace rally etc. You don’t put those things forward and you’ll fail.

Simple as.

To create tangible and viable change towards a product, a company, a law etc, those criteria have to be met.

The number one rule in marketing is, if there’s a commercial for it, you don’t need it. This is why companies and corporations spend billions on billions on billions to advertise. They know full well that you don’t need them, but they NEED you. Without the mass public, you aren’t much and this is what they forget, especially the fucking NFL.

That without these players, their product is next to nothing. They only want to present the image of “big bad sports league” because CAC’s know they’re vulnerable and not far away from potential decline if we managed to somehow come together. So they present this huff and puff image of themselves to scare people down and it works.

But folks like Kap and Hov are here to remind them that they can be brought down if they keep playing games. That without US, they ain’t shit.

Hov sitting at this table is not only a power move, but a voice that clearly represents us, and can affect change from the inside out.

And this what makes his backlash from Jemele Hill and all these outlets very confusing. “Oh he’s a sellout.. a coon.. an Uncle Tom..” etc.

??

It seems like it’s misplaced anger more than anything else, but if that’s the case, ESPECIALLY for a fight this important, they need to let it go. There are other hills you can die on.

Sorry about the length of all that but the context was needed. So to answer your question, yes, I think what Kap and Hov have done (and are doing) is the genesis of something greater. Raising awareness, making tangible change, & giving the voiceless a voice.

Movements are always perfect, but this is one I’ve definitely been behind from jump and it’s coming along well.
The initial so called cause was police brutality right?

What were the numbers when he started and what are they now?

I assume since he brought so much awareness, has been running so many programs, contributing his millions into all those organizations , and standing strong , there would be some visible effect after 3 years , no? I mean , he got Nike to run something, I'm sure they didn't just pay him.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
The initial so called cause was police brutality right?

What were the numbers when he started and what are they now?

I assume since he brought so much awareness, has been running so many programs, contributing his millions into all those organizations , and standing strong , there would be some visible effect after 3 years , no? I mean , he got Nike to run something, I'm sure they didn't just pay him.

What numbers? Are you referring to Kap or Hov?

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here's my take. I dont care what Jay-Z does for the nfl.

I've been boycotting the nfl for my own reasons. Colin was nothing more than the final nail.

My reasons stem from the players & the owners & their relationship.

But my question is, what does Kaepernick have to say?

He's been silent forever besides "I'm ready whenever the nfl calls to play."

I dont care about nessa or even know who she is besides his girlfriend.

If he feels some kind of way. Why won't he say it.

How do you all feel about Colin's silence?

Is this movement his, or is it him yo start it & leave it up to everyone else to carry?

If the latter is the case, couldn't his message be interpreted however?

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And quite frankly, the NFL product is getting worse every year and the shit may be extinct 20 years from now if egaming keeps evolving. These kids play video games 24/7, they don’t give a shit about football.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Screen-Shot-2017-06-30-at-1.05.35-AM.png