RIP to boxing Legend Pernell Sweet Pea Whitaker.

Raeeb7

Rising Star
Registered
dam....i passed that shit last night ....

there is a ragged ass strip club 2 mins from where it happened...sunday night their night...

anyway i know that intersection well...there`s BP on one corner...a Bojangles...on the other...Hardees...7/11....smh

shit crazy ...it will b interesting to c how this turns out...cuz it`s not a dangerous intersection at all....

n North Hampton is easily a 4 lane Blvd ...speed limit says 45 but people do 55 all day especially that time of night....

n then right after that intersection after u pass diamond springs the speed limit jumps up to 55 ....

RIP Champ

Cheetahs :lol:thats my lil spot on the low. Know they sell liquor now?

N Hampton where he got hit ain't necessarily a hoe stroll you know the Beach ain't having all that. But every in hotel on that strip pussy getting sold. Its a truck stop right there and if you know the look you can spot the pro's strolling thru. I heard whispers of some tricking and gettin high goin on. I can not confirm a damn thing you know the streets talk.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP. Pretty fucked up way to go.

Interesting to see how the family reacts because he had to make a pretty hard decision recently.

and you felt the strong need to post this right after the man was just KILLED Because? :mad:

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
ScentedScarceCurassow-max-1mb.gif
tumblr_m70v9z88ih1rvyuqxo1_400.gif

tumblr_nhs93t5DXt1u2ragso3_250.gif
ONFdk6U.gif

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
Side Note - If i'm not mistaken Pernell Whitaker & Meldrick Taylor used to duck each other
just like Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder are doing now

Nonetheless RIP to a true legend tho:cool:

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Side Note - If i'm not mistaken Pernell Whitaker & Meldrick Taylor used to duck each other
just like Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder are doing now

Nonetheless RIP to a true legend tho:cool:
I don't remember there ever being any talks about a Whitaker/Taylor fight. Chavez was the big draw at 140 why would you be interested in Whitaker at 135 when Chavez was one of the biggest draws in the sport and he's fighting in your weight class? Taylor kept moving up after the Chavez fight while Pea was comfortable at 135, by the time Pea was fighting at 140, Taylor was at 147 and soon to move to 154. Now they both started at 135 as pros but it was much too early in their careers to match up.

Last edited:

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They were Olympic teammates and best friends.
If the demand was there and the money was right they would have fought. Holyfield fought Tillman and Tyson, Taylor fought Lacy, and if David Reid hadn't faded so fast he and Vargas would have fought. I'm sure there are other Olympic teammates who have fought but I can't think of anymore offhand.

Last edited:

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
dam....i passed that shit last night ....

there is a ragged ass strip club 2 mins from where it happened...sunday night their night...

anyway i know that intersection well...there`s BP on one corner...a Bojangles...on the other...Hardees...7/11....smh

shit crazy ...it will b interesting to c how this turns out...cuz it`s not a dangerous intersection at all....

n North Hampton is easily a 4 lane Blvd ...speed limit says 45 but people do 55 all day especially that time of night....

n then right after that intersection after u pass diamond springs the speed limit jumps up to 55 ....

RIP Champ
Bro you know they don't do the speed limit on Northampton, surprise this didn't happen sooner just upset it had to be him. R.I.P. Champ

Last edited: