RIP Earl DMX Simmons

UNSEEN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
man fuk DMX. His bad lifestyle choices caught up with him. that train was gonna crash. He had too many chances to turn shit around so the end what he knew would come into existence is present. No prayers, No rest in Peace/Power, etc. etc.. he's getting what he deserve!
bruh..that's why they're called addicts..hard to kick..it ain't like he wants to do drugs...

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
bruh..that's why they're called addicts..hard to kick..it ain't like he wants to do drugs...

It's fucked up, yet typical, how unforgiving society is. Absolutely no empathy.

Addiction to anything is hard to kick. Never mind that it's drugs. Just dealing with addiction by itself is tough.

You can do good for 500 days straight, but it all takes is one bad day and it's like you started over. Then you get depressed about that shit, and then that makes you do the shit you were trying to quit even harder than before because you had a moment of weakness. It's like an endless cycle.

People be trying to put logic on the shit like "you know this shit is bad for you, just stop doing it", it ain't that easy. People be trying to quantify the shit like "you should've got it together by now", like who the fuck are you to tell me I had too many chances? Now you ready to kill me off because you tired?

Every day you are living is another chance to make shit right. And it wasn't like he wasn't trying. When dealing with addiction, setbacks happen. It's just UNFORTUNATE that this setback may be... (and I don't even want to finish that sentence).

But some perspective:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Addiction to anything is hard to kick. Never mind that it's drugs. Just dealing with addiction by itself is tough.

You can do good for 500 days straight, but it all takes is one bad day and it's like you started over. Then you get depressed about that shit, and then that makes you do the shit you were trying to quit even harder than before because you had a moment of weakness. It's like an endless cycle.

Agreed.

Alcoholism runs deep in my family. Both my parents, grandpa, late aunts and uncles, cousin, brother.

My dad has been sober since the spring of 1996, and mom within the past 5 years. Both attend AA regularly (pre-covid). Others in the family never properly addressed their issues, and subsequently didn't attend AA. Or got things back to a reasonable amount (in moderation).

Dad said one of his biggest trying times was when his uncle (who he was closest to) passed unexpectedly in early-1997. Pops said he was telling himself - "Just have a drink, or some drinks ... to honor him." But he knew that was a slippery slope and stayed sober. Knew his uncle (who was like a big brother) would be dissapointed in him after all the changes he had made in the 8 - 9 months prior (separation, divorce, moving).

Even just having a meal with them (parents) individually ... they'll suggest I have a drink or something. That it won't bother them. I'm like - "Nah, I'm good. I'll have water or soda ..." just out of respect.

I know how seriously they take their sobriety, and I've seen them in action. Dad helping sponsor people, and hiring some to do landscaping work with him in the past, or helping them out with major tasks (as friends would do). I.E. - home renovations, moving, installing appliances, etc. Mom doing volunteer work in her community ... being on holiday with her & seeing her seek out AA meetings just because. I respect that.

It's an ongoing process. Continuity of care for the individual(s).

UNSEEN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

People be trying to put logic on the shit like "you know this shit is bad for you, just stop doing it", it ain't that easy. People be trying to quantify the shit like "you should've got it together by now", like who the fuck are you to tell me I had too many chances? Now you ready to kill me off because you tired?

Every day you are living is another chance to make shit right. And it wasn't like he wasn't trying. When dealing with addiction, setbacks happen. It's just UNFORTUNATE that this setback may be... (and I don't even want to finish that sentence).

But some perspective:

well said..you know people that feel that way about a person going through something like that..are really supporters that are heart broken..other wise they wouldn't care..in my opinion..last thing..I remember 2Pac said in one of his songs.."have you ever seen a crack head..that's eternal fire"..didn't fully get it then but it makes perfect sense now...

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I hate to say it but you can tell this is the end for him :smh:

I think they're just trying to allow his family the time to come and say their goodbyes before taking him off life support.

Hospital staff throwing it up for X:

7695bded27ef4c3da438b5c1f017f68b_lg.jpg

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

But some perspective:

If you grew up in nyc 1 of the biggest cautionary tale is roll your own smoke or watch the blunt being made cause lot of people would lace them shits or people use to smoke woolers weed and crack.. in fact if you had sisters,daughters, female friends, etc you would tell them to be extra careful cause some nigs would purposely lace weed and give it to chicks on some date rape drug shit.. that shit done fucked up a lot of people on the low low.. unfortunately people still don’t inform the youth about lacers and pill in drink droppers to females and males.. I remember some nig boasting he would try to do that to chicks.. fortunately he’s no longer on this earth

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
If you grew up in nyc 1 of the biggest cautionary tale is roll your own smoke or watch the blunt being made cause lot of people would lace them shits or people use to smoke woolers weed and crack.. in fact if you had sisters,daughters, female friends, etc you would tell them to be extra careful cause some nigs would purposely lace weed and give it to chicks on some date rape drug shit.. that shit done fucked up a lot of people on the low low.. unfortunately people still don’t inform the youth about lacers and pill in drink droppers to females and males.. I remember some nig boasting he would try to do that to chicks.. fortunately he’s no longer on this earth
Facts! Hell not too long ago Ja Rule was getting ripped for having "i keep em drugged up on that ectasy" in his lyrics.

Cle Da YoungKingPin

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It sickens me.....N words always got something filthy to say out their mouths......immortalize mf's like kurt cobain and heath ledger but no empaty or care for one of our own....why cause he got more bread than you? a lil notoriety? that doesnt dissipate his emotional issues

madgoose

International
International Member
Dmx is a crack head, crack heads are unbreakable. Dmx will be fine. Prayers up

I seen a few of them lose their mental health, have strokes and heart attacks, I even see one drop dead from a heart attack as he licked the pipe but they can still get to the rendezvous in the required 15-20 minutes! Well except that one!

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
I hate this shit!!!!! Why the hell are you charging drug dealers? It’s not like they forced X to cop some dope

That's a good point, unless the dealer lied about what it was.

Even then, that's a good reason why it should be legalized- So people know what they are getting.

But until then, there should be some accountability for those who can be proven to have laced something and lied about it.