BGOL Legend

YellowishThisBlackmamba-max-1mb.gif

REST IN PEACE, X

31072414candle-animated-gif-1.gif

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Directly from his manager who's in contact with the family:

He also states they'll be making a statement tomorrow so expect they'll announce they're going to take him off life support and allow him to pass tomorrow.

^^ Thank you
His family can't even get a nights rest :(
Cause I know their phone must've been ringing off the hook
Someone needs to slap the shit outta that comedian chick, Luenell

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You wrong. Especially when it comes to black celebs they are always wrong!

TMZ may not be shit but on things like this they're usually on point.

If they post he's passed then it's official.

They were the first to report his hospitalization and condition way ahead of any other outlets.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

DMX STILL ON LIFE SUPPORT...Mom Nears Difficult Choice

DMX's family is still holding out hope for a miracle, and while he remains on life support with no improvement in brain function -- the grim circumstances are bringing his fam closer together than ever.

As of late Thursday night, the rapper's manager and close friend Steve Rifkind told TMZ ... his condition has not changed. However, sources close to his family tell us, X's mother, Arnett Simmons, his fiancée, Desiree Lindstrom, his ex-wife, Tashera Simmons and his baby mama, Yadira Borrego, along with his children, have become a tight-knit group over the last week while praying for improvement.

We're told his loved ones have been staying at his home and friends' homes in the area ... never too far from White Plains Hospital where DMX remains in a coma.

While the women in DMX's life have never had beef in the past -- we're told X made sure he kept everyone cordial -- the trauma of the last 7 days has strengthened their bond.

They'll all need each other's support in the days ahead, because they may soon be faced with an agonizing decision -- perhaps as soon as Friday -- about whether to withdraw life support. If and when that choice needs to be made, we're told X's mom will have the final word.

As we first told you ... the battery of tests performed on DMX Wednesday showed no signs of improved brain activity since he was first hospitalized late last Friday night. Multiple sources, including Rifkind, have told us the prognosis is not good.

Still, his family members -- like millions of fans -- remain prayerful, and in full support of his mother, Arnett.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I've been in the same situation with my wife's niece years ago as in no brain activity after being abused.

X was without oxygen for 30 mins was said prior to getting to the hosp.
No brain activity sadly means that's it.

A doctor won't call it until the family says to go ahead and pull the plug. Doctors will allow it probably to go on for a day or two, but no brain activity the docs are going to have long talks and explain that that's all they can do.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I've been in the same situation with my wife's niece years ago as in no brain activity after being abused.

A doctor won't call it until the family says to go ahead and pull the plug. Doctors will allow it probably to go on for a day or two, but no brain activity the docs are going to have long talks and explain that that's all they can do.

I think the family knows this and were probably informed today.

I think they just needed a day to make the decision and take it in before doing it.

Unfortunately I think it will be tomorrow.

yardy

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Been there myself and it is the hardest most gut wrenching decision you will ever make. Even afterwards knowing you did the right thing, you still question yourself.
The family gotta come together and agree to a decision as one. Extremely difficult though.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

DMX STILL ON LIFE SUPPORT...Mom Nears Difficult Choice

DMX's family is still holding out hope for a miracle, and while he remains on life support with no improvement in brain function -- the grim circumstances are bringing his fam closer together than ever.

As of late Thursday night, the rapper's manager and close friend Steve Rifkind told TMZ ... his condition has not changed. However, sources close to his family tell us, X's mother, Arnett Simmons, his fiancée, Desiree Lindstrom, his ex-wife, Tashera Simmons and his baby mama, Yadira Borrego, along with his children, have become a tight-knit group over the last week while praying for improvement.

We're told his loved ones have been staying at his home and friends' homes in the area ... never too far from White Plains Hospital where DMX remains in a coma.

While the women in DMX's life have never had beef in the past -- we're told X made sure he kept everyone cordial -- the trauma of the last 7 days has strengthened their bond.

They'll all need each other's support in the days ahead, because they may soon be faced with an agonizing decision -- perhaps as soon as Friday -- about whether to withdraw life support. If and when that choice needs to be made, we're told X's mom will have the final word.

As we first told you ... the battery of tests performed on DMX Wednesday showed no signs of improved brain activity since he was first hospitalized late last Friday night. Multiple sources, including Rifkind, have told us the prognosis is not good.

Still, his family members -- like millions of fans -- remain prayerful, and in full support of his mother, Arnett.
X put his mom's in a horrific position...fucked up situation and I really thought he turned the corner

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
This thread should be pinned btw..
It will be once he is actually pronounced dead. This shit is weird. We all know he's gone. But the family is hoping for a miracle....why?because they have a little bit of money to blow? How much does it cost to keep a corpse on life support per day? If you have zero brain activity you are dead.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
X put his mom's in a horrific position...fucked up situation and I really thought he turned the corner

Is it really a “Horrific” situation? If a person is in a brain dead state and is never going to get better, there’s really only one choice.

You know what? After thinking about, even though it’s not going to get better and we Ann know the inevitable. You’re right, it’s a tough decision.

But an easier decision as time goes on and you realize that it’s not going to change.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wifey and I have already had the “what if we go brain dead talk.” No longer than a week (less if docs says there is no chance) and she is to pull the plug on me and I would do the same for her.

and my life is not to be saved if I ever get paralyzed from the neck down.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Wifey and I have already had the “what if we go brain dead talk.” No longer than a week (less if docs says there is no chance) and she is to pull the plug on me and I would do the same for her.

I hear you.

X's situation is complicated by the fact that he's single with children who are now grown, a fiancé and his mother who I would assume want to be a part of the decision making and who all may not see eye to eye.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I hear you.

X's situation is complicated by the fact that he's single with children who are now grown, a fiancé and his mother who I would assume want to be a part of the decision making and who all may not see eye to eye.

No doubt. Most people aren’t trying to think about their own mortality, so decision making and affairs are generally not in order.

Wifey is solely responsible for making that decision for me regardless of how my mother feel about it. Because ma’duke is a devote Christian, she’ll lean on hope and faith way before science. I saw her do it with her sister who went brain dead after a stroke.

With X being single, with baby mothers and several kids, everything is super complicated because we both know how families get down when a family member with money dies.

Shit will probably get super ugly. Kat ain’t even crossover yet, and folks are probably already going through his shit.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

Docs told my family, it's unknown why, but many parts of the body can regenerate cells, as in liver damage, heart damage and other things. Modern medicine can, over time regenerate cells in almost any area of the body, but the brain. Though, unknown why, some reason why God made us that way but once oxygen supply has been cut to the brain and activity ceases to exist after days of watching and testing, that's it...

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Docs told my family, it's unknown why, but many parts of the body can regenerate cells, as in liver damage, heart damage and other things. Modern medicine can, over time regenerate cells in almost any area of the body, but the brain. Though, unknown why, some reason why God made us that way but once oxygen supply has been cut to the brain and activity ceases to exist after days of watching and testing, that's it...

That’s the science behind it all. It’s amazing our complex our body is and how unforgiving it can be as well.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
No doubt. Most people aren’t trying to think about their own mortality, so decision making and affairs are generally not in order.

Wifey is solely responsible for making that decision for me regardless of how my mother feel about it. Because ma’duke is a devote Christian, she’ll lean on hope and faith way before science. I saw her do it with her sister who went brain dead after a stroke.

With X being single, with baby mothers and several kids, everything is super complicated because we both know how families get down when a family member with money dies.

Shit will probably get super ugly. Kat ain’t even crossover yet, and folks are probably already going through his shit.

No doubt.

I imagine Xs legal affairs aren't in order so the fight for his estate is going to be ugly unfortunately and I'm sure multiple family members are already working with lawyers to establish themselves.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No doubt.

I imagine Xs legal affairs aren't in order so the fight for his estate is going to be ugly unfortunately and I'm sure multiple family members are already working with lawyers to establish themselves.

:smh:

Man, I have see families torn apart because of this type of stuff. It’s crazy to see.

I only wanted three things from my father. A hat he wore, a necklace he wore, and his hawk knife he carried. I don’t see death as a lottery ticket like some people do. That shit is kind of immoral to a degree, IMO.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Real difficult time for his family. It is just a matter of time before an official statement is made. Hopefully his family is given the respect of when it happens and not some punk ass sleuth journalist.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
X doesnt have an estate. From the things ive read the dude was bankrupt and in debt for like a million.

He still will have an estate considering with his death will come the inevitable increased interest in his music, likeness, merchandise, etc.

It's fucked up but X will be worth significantly more in death than he is alive.

Michael Jackson was in debt and cash poor when he died which changed immediately upon his death.

With his passing I can see a biographical movie or series coming soon in addition to unreleased music and documentaries.