Rest In Heaven dadirtydj...

Uncontainable_Spirit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
DAMN!! We lost another soldier.
:(:(:(:(

Brotha used to drop some heat back in the day. :(:(
HNIC, I propose we have a section of the board for our fallen brothas. So many have passed away in the last few years and it's unfair many will never know of their contribution and legacy. Anyone else in favor of this?
I agree.

dockoldheart

Star
Registered
I have suspected that as well with members like Makkonnen, greygoose and few others.

ibieSzGkAleEXY.gif

Greygoose is alive and kicking just lurking if anything..

RIP DADIRTYDJ

kdubbtha1

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Y'all just don't know how hard i am taking this loss. Dude was a mentor to me since i met him in martial arts. Took the knowledge i had in music and broadened it further than i have ever imagined. Told me life lessons that my own father failed to teach me so i wouldn't make those mistakes. This dude was AWESOME in his own right. Hurt to see him going thru that kind of pain when he lost his legs due to a mercer infection, but he always kept high spirits and kept people laughing. Saddens me that i can't call him and greet him by saying "what up u OLD MUTHAF****A?!?!" and he would respond by calling me a "young sack of shit".. Thanks to you all, i have heard music that i would have NEVER listened to on my own, and he'd explain the origins of it which made it more enjoyable. This next to my pops dying 4 years ago is a hard loss for me. Pray for the family fellas cause i'm goin thru it........

717jet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
DAMN!! We lost another soldier.
:(:(:(:(

Brotha used to drop some heat back in the day. :(:(
HNIC, I propose we have a section of the board for our fallen brothas. So many have passed away in the last few years and it's unfair many will never know of their contribution and legacy. Anyone else in favor of this?

That's an excellent idea. I 2nd that.

twillz1

The Voice of Reason
BGOL Investor
Rest in Peace to a good, solid brother. Serene in nature, always with a positive word or musical fact.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
RIP...

My condolences to the family of the late John Wooten aka dadirtydj @ BGOL.

I have suspected that as well with members like Makkonnen, greygoose and few others.

ibieSzGkAleEXY.gif

It was basically confirmed to me from someone who seemed to have knowledge and no reason to lie... I still get a little sad everytime I see Makk mentioned.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Y'all just don't know how hard i am taking this loss. Dude was a mentor to me since i met him in martial arts. Took the knowledge i had in music and broadened it further than i have ever imagined. Told me life lessons that my own father failed to teach me so i wouldn't make those mistakes. This dude was AWESOME in his own right. Hurt to see him going thru that kind of pain when he lost his legs due to a mercer infection, but he always kept high spirits and kept people laughing. Saddens me that i can't call him and greet him by saying "what up u OLD MUTHAF****A?!?!" and he would respond by calling me a "young sack of shit".. Thanks to you all, i have heard music that i would have NEVER listened to on my own, and he'd explain the origins of it which made it more enjoyable. This next to my pops dying 4 years ago is a hard loss for me. Pray for the family fellas cause i'm goin thru it........
Hurt my heart.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
themainman was last on the board March 9th, I made a note to myself 12-26-14 when I didn't see him around, but he has since returned.

HNIC

RIP dadirtydj

was about to ask the same thing.. themainman vanished right around the time Bluntbit was starting up

nestlenupe

Star
BGOL Investor
I regret to inform you all that a member on here passed yesterday. His name was John Wooten known on here as dadirtydj. He was a good teacher and friend. He was a regular on the Lossless audio threads and overall was an old school house and jazz head. He had diabetes and lost both of his legs sum years ago and i think he finally succumbed to it. I am feeling so sick right now cause he watched me grow into the man i am today. Rest in heaven John. All the advice, stories, and roast sessions will forever be cherished.... :(

Damn...thanks OP. This shit hurts! I was hoping that this was a typo when I just saw this. I met John when I was in high school. He had come to my school as a substitute teacher fresh out of NYU Grad and we immediately hit it off. I was a Junior and dude came in and bagged the baddest teacher in the school at the time. He was a mentor to me and my crew but more so to myself. John was a trained actor and appeared as an extra in some major films at the time which was super star status to a bunch of kids in the hood. I was trying to get at some broad at the time and he schooled the Youngin' on some game that basically changed my life and how I dealt with women going forward. Some years ago I heard John left NJ and went back to his native Chicago and fell ill with diabetes and needed to get his legs amputated. We reconnected a few years ago and I couldn't wait to tell him that I had been inspired by being in his Drama club in HS and pursued a career in acting as well. We had a conversation a couple of years ago about this cool site that I was a member of. I thought I was schooling HIM on something as he just laughed at me and said "You Bone head. Who do you think Dadirty DJ is?" That was a cool moment. I lost my uncle Saturday who was another mentor of mine and thought about calling John to check in on him as I did every now and again only to get the news here. I always wondered that since I didn't have his family's direct info how would I know if anything happened to him. Thank god for this forum and kdubbtha1 for posting it. Ironically we've never met or spoken yet we have similar experiences and memories of a great brother. The DJ community lost a great DJ, the Alpha's lost a good brother and BGOL lost a great member and OG. R.I.P John.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Dirty was also part of the musical family The Wootens. You just never know who you will meet up with online.
I can honestly say that he, DWBass and Blaq were the reasons why my music collection has grown exponentially.
Even though we're never met, I will truly miss DaDirtyDJ and his collection of jazz and hip hop. Good people, great poster, good friend

REST IN PARADISE