Remember the big deal about cutting the cord??....did you really??

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
She reminds me of Jackie Cruz from Orange is the new black.

Jackie-Cruz-in-an-Instagram-selfie-as-seen-in-October-2017.jpg

Photo-Oct-06-8-53-42-PM.jpg

Nigga, that hand/wrist hanging down in that last pic fucked me tip for a millisecond there. And I know I aint the only one.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
Funny, I got this email just today:

Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV Price Change

Hi Art,

We’re reaching out to let you know that the price of your Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV plan will increase from $50.99/month to $60.99/month on Wednesday, December 18, 2019.

This price change allows us to continue delivering the best live and on-demand TV experience for you. In addition to ongoing product enhancements, Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV will continue to include the largest streaming library with more than 85,000 episodes of TV, movies, and award-winning Hulu Originals.

The price adjustment will be reflected during your first billing cycle after December 18. As always, you have choice and control in how you watch Hulu. Explore all of our plan options and find the one that best fits your unique needs, or to cancel, visit your Account page.

The Hulu Team

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Funny, I got this email just today:

Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV Price Change

Hi Art,

We’re reaching out to let you know that the price of your Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV plan will increase from $50.99/month to $60.99/month on Wednesday, December 18, 2019.

This price change allows us to continue delivering the best live and on-demand TV experience for you. In addition to ongoing product enhancements, Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV will continue to include the largest streaming library with more than 85,000 episodes of TV, movies, and award-winning Hulu Originals.

The price adjustment will be reflected during your first billing cycle after December 18. As always, you have choice and control in how you watch Hulu. Explore all of our plan options and find the one that best fits your unique needs, or to cancel, visit your Account page.

The Hulu Team
Was this your first notice about this? Seems like they sprung this on you kind of quick. If I didn't know better, I would say Disney trying to make up for the money they are losing on Disney+

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Hulu is raising the price of its live TV service for the second time this year
https://www.cnn.com/profiles/allen-kim
By Allen Kim, CNN

Updated 5:37 PM ET, Fri November 15, 2019

By Allen Kim, CNN

(CNN)Hulu is bumping the price of Hulu + Live TV by nearly 22 percent in its second price hike this year.
The new price increase will bring Hulu's live TV service up to $54.99. This follows a price increase from January that saw the cost rise from $39.99 to the current price point of $44.99.
The price increase takes effect for new subscribers on December 18, while existing subscribers will see the increase in their next billing cycle.

Disney+ looks irresistible. But here's what it's missing

It's a sizeable increase, and the company acknowledges as much, writing in a blog post that "price changes are never easy to stomach."
Hulu claims it has the most popular live TV service, according to a blog post by the company. It is competing against YouTube TV and AT&T TV Now, which cost $50 and $65 a month, respectively.
AT&T owns WarnerMedia, which is the parent company of CNN.
The company says that it has made it easier for users to switch between its different subscription plans. So, if you're a football fan and only need its live TV service during the season, you can switch to a lower-tier option once the season ends.
"We realize many Hulu customers want even more choice and control over their live viewing experience, so we're actively exploring ways to provide additional, more tailored live TV options to you in the future," the company wrote.
It appears that Hulu may be exploring the possibility of offering lower-priced bundle options, which could limit the channels from the 60-plus live sports, news and entertainment channels currently available to users.

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
Was this your first notice about this? Seems like they sprung this on you kind of quick. If I didn't know better, I would say Disney trying to make up for the money they are losing on Disney+

I thought something similar. It's like a 20$ increase in one year. This one right after Disney+. So Disney making money regardless.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
Yes, first notice.

By Allen Kim, CNN

(CNN)Hulu is bumping the price of Hulu + Live TV by nearly 22 percent in its second price hike this year.
The new price increase will bring Hulu's live TV service up to $54.99. This follows a price increase from January that saw the cost rise from $39.99 to the current price point of $44.99.
The price increase takes effect for new subscribers on December 18, while existing subscribers will see the increase in their next billing cycle.
Disney+ looks irresistible. But here's what it's missing
It's a sizeable increase, and the company acknowledges as much, writing in a blog post that "price changes are never easy to stomach."
Hulu claims it has the most popular live TV service, according to a blog post by the company. It is competing against YouTube TV and AT&T TV Now, which cost $50 and $65 a month, respectively.
AT&T owns WarnerMedia, which is the parent company of CNN.
The company says that it has made it easier for users to switch between its different subscription plans. So, if you're a football fan and only need its live TV service during the season, you can switch to a lower-tier option once the season ends.
"We realize many Hulu customers want even more choice and control over their live viewing experience, so we're actively exploring ways to provide additional, more tailored live TV options to you in the future," the company wrote.
It appears that Hulu may be exploring the possibility of offering lower-priced bundle options, which could limit the channels from the 60-plus live sports, news and entertainment channels currently available to users.
I thought something similar. It's like a 20$ increase in one year. This one right after Disney+. So Disney making money regardless.

I didn't even know this. I signed up for the service in around April so that I could watch NBA games with the playoffs approaching. (It was good for that maybe 80% of the time but there were times when the live feed would be poor quality or the DVR would miss the game or cut off before it ended.)

If I signed up for $40, I'd be super-irritated and probably cancel. I also get the basic Hulu service with no ads, which I don't think is counted in that $40.

I really like having 200 hours of DVR and watching almost anything I want on Cable. But I haven't used the actual Hulu part of Hulu in months so I might cancel that after the holidays.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes, first notice.

I didn't even know this. I signed up for the service in around April so that I could watch NBA games with the playoffs approaching. (It was good for that maybe 80% of the time but there were times when the live feed would be poor quality or the DVR would miss the game or cut off before it ended.)

If I signed up for $40, I'd be super-irritated and probably cancel. I also get the basic Hulu service with no ads, which I don't think is counted in that $40.

I really like having 200 hours of DVR and watching almost anything I want on Cable. But I haven't used the actual Hulu part of Hulu in months so I might cancel that after the holidays.
did you ever look into youtube tv?

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
My IPTV is $300 a year, had it 7 months. All I need. I got Cinema HD, Unlockmyttv, Cyberflix & PIA VPN. All that costs me a total of $29.99 a year. That is my VPN for a year. Grand total $329.99
I'm running my iptv, teatime, teraniumtv, and some other programs for movies and I pay $240 a year. Cable tv, every movie and tv show ever made, etc. I keep telling these dudes as they debate over disneytv and netflix when we have all that shit for free in 4k. Fuck it let them pay

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
did you ever look into youtube tv?

Yes. I think I opted for Hulu at the time because I really wanted to see The Handmaid's Tale, which I am now caught up on. So my reason for picking that over YouTube TV aren't really relevant anymore because I have far less free time and don't take advantage of the basic Hulu service.

As far as the cable DVR service, I don't really know the difference. I've been fairly happy with Hulu when it comes to that-- They only piss me off when it comes to sports but I don't know if YouTube is any better.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Amazon prime (roughly $12/month)
YouTube red ($10/month)
Hulu ($10/month includes Spotify)
Brown sugar ($3.99/ month)
Stars ($8.99 a month)
Showtime ($10.99 month shared)
Netflix (borrowed password)
Purchased seasons (roughly $12/month)

Comes to $68 a month but the catch is that Spotify, YouTube red, and Amazon prime on essential for my business. Cable TV is not

Postalone

Reborn
Registered
Uverse (AT&T) has remained reasonable with their prices with all the competition. My cable bill has actually gone down by a few dollars over the past 3 years. I've got the top tier U450 package. All the premium channels included. Internet. 4 cable boxes. 2 of which are wireless. All for $178.63 a month taxes included. Any other shows I want to see on HULU (Handmaid's tale) or any other subscription service I use a VPN and download off one of the torrent sites. I'm all good. :yes:

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Starting my first cord cutting set-up next week.

My internet will be $55/month, and I use that to make supplementary income so that basically pays for itself.

I'm leaning towards Sling Blue for $25/month, I only need TNT, Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, FX and FS1.

I might alternate between subscribing to Hulu or Prime for $13 or buy a Nitroflare premium account for $16 because I know how to find TV show and movies for download.

Got an antenna for local channels.

I heard that Verizon customers get Disney+ free for a year, I'm going to look into that, too.

And the rest of the time I just watch free Youtube.

Last edited:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Was paying $350 with Comcrap. Axed the tv and kept the Internet, bringing it down to $110 a month. Firestick and Kodi saved my ass.

I would’ve done this sooner had I known.

flx2000

Photographer
BGOL Investor
I have Hulu free with Sprint $0
I have Netflix $12
and I have Prime based on above figures others posted $12

Thats it, my internet and security system is bundled $120 after taxes
total= $144
BGOL Cinema $0

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
Hulu Live TV 72 dollars
Charter Internet 52 dollars 200 up/200 down
Netflix 14

$138 total pe month.

Past cable and internet was $203 per month.
Spectrum has 200 up with that 200 down? Or do you mean 10 up? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
69 for my internet with spectrum
Amazon prime 119(although im going to try to renew that at a student rate)
Antenna for my local channels

Usually dont really have time to watch TV like that...I spend a lot of time on my PC when I'm at home so I want to turn my PC into a media center and have multiple monitors..I need to upgrade it..still running a Pentium 4 :smh: