Regina King has no issues with British actors portraying American characters

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
And about 95% of the big budget films that gross 9 and 10 figures.

Michael B Jordan is a B Level actor, he's 15 years younger than Idris Elba but already has better box office numbers and is a bigger draw than him. Even in London. White brits would rather watch him than any Caribbean or African immigrant actor. Thats why they have to come here and work for top ramen packs in Hollywood, none of them get paid or are big draws in the states. We simply dont know these niggas.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Michael B Jordan is a B Level actor, he's 15 years younger than Idris Elba but already has better box office numbers and is a bigger draw than him. Even in London. White brits would rather watch him than any Caribbean or African immigrant actor. Thats why they have to come here and work for top ramen packs in Hollywood, none of them get paid or are big draws in the states. We simply dont know these niggas.
And thats another issue. Using these faceless brits and their horrendous accents to headline theatrical releases of American icons does a disservice to the bottomline as well. They just dont draw at the box office. Then those piss poor receipts are used as justification to not fund future efforts.

Last edited:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Are you calling ADOS "the black American community? You are a bunch of internet troll agents. You do not represent the black community.

Yes Black Americans are ADOS. Melenated immigrants that came to the States are not, they were enslaved in the Caribbean and idealize whites more than we do.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
And thats another issue. Using these faceless brits and their horrendous accents to headline theatrical releases of American icons does a disservice to the bottomline as well. They just dont draw at the box office. The those piss poor receipts are used as justification to not fund future efforts.

Immigrants dont care. They are opportunist and capitalist. It doesnt matter if the product sucks, the goal is to hoard resources at all costs no matter what. We cant rely on their moral conscious in these matters, money and white approval is GOD.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
At the end of the day Hollywood casting directors aren't listening to your ADOS trolling and vitreol and won't stop casting whoever the fuck they want so this is really a pointless discussion

At the end of the day Caribbean actors and African actors from the UK arent believable as Black Americans on screen and the poor receipts at the box office show it. None of these actors will ever be "stars" in America, just "scabs" from the ADOSploitation era of film as Hollywood is dying out.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
At the end of the day Caribbean actors and African actors from the UK arent believable as Black Americans on screen and the poor receipts at the box office show it. None of these actors will ever be "stars" in America, just "scabs" from the ADOSploitation era of film as Hollywood is dying out.
I don't know bout that. We got a huge problem with many US black actors being to polished.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Regina is making sure @Hotlantan , @mcguyver , @mangobob79 , @veritech , @Drayonis , @Hey Julian! and the rest of the non-binary BGOL crew have representation in her projects as well. Yaaaasss sis!

@KingTaharqa : Isn't it interesting how the anti-ADOS immigrant replacement agenda coincides with the LGBT/non-binary/gender-fluidity?
A lesbian who hates lesbians.
Blacks who hate other Blacks.
project...deflect...repeat
giphy.gif

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
No one is asking who is controlling shit behind the scenes

We know who is. Ive posted white movie execs on this board before. We encourage our people not to spend any money with these companies and to never support the actors who star in them. White supremacy and their collaborators BOTH will get it.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is a thing??? How many knew Stringer was British back in the day before you heard Idris talk??? Who cares, its not like they don't hide their accent in roles. No one would even fuckin know. Muthafuckas looking for shit to get mad at these days. Focus on the white people fuckery if you wanna get mad.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
This is a thing??? How many knew Stringer was British back in the day before you heard Idris talk??? Who cares, its not like they don't hide their accent in roles. No one would even fuckin know. Muthafuckas looking for shit to get mad at these days. Focus on the white people fuckery if you wanna get mad.

This is what whites used to say when they wore blackface in film. Now immigrants are wearing blackface. Thinking you can bully an ethnic group into accepting imposters is why these films flop. African and Caribbean migrants just are not nuanced enough to sell things to Black Americans using our culture. The disrespect and bigotry always comes out.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is what whites used to say when they wore blackface in film. Now immigrants are wearing blackface. Thinking you can bully an ethnic group into accepting imposters is why these films flop. African and Caribbean migrants just are not nuanced enough to sell things to Black Americans using our culture. The disrespect and bigotry always comes out.

This ninja... :lol: Theyre black though. Its not like anyone really knew they were British watching the shit. That's my point. People are mad for the sake of being made. Like children who don't like vegetables, but scarfes down some cauliflower rice. Then call it nasty when they find out what they ate. White folks in black face isn't remotely the same.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
This ninja... :lol: Theyre black though. Its not like anyone really knew they were British watching the shit. That's my point. People are mad for the sake of being made. Like children who don't like vegetables, but scarfes down some cauliflower rice. Then call it nasty when they find out what they ate. White folks in black face isn't remotely the same.

They aren't Black. They are African and Caribbean migrants from the UK. Black in the US is a specific ETHNIC GROUP backed by law and a 300 year history and culture. When you say they are black, youre speaking of a racial identifier that they dont go by in their native land. Its optional, which shows its not ethnic. I dont want to see any non ADOS playing ADOS on screen. Soon as I see a movie got non ADOS leads, it gets skipped. Not 1 movie led by a "Black Brit" (which doesnt even exist) is considered a classic. People still reference Idris from the Wire 20 years ago cuz all his films are forgettable. And he's their best talent. :smh:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They aren't Black. They are African and Caribbean migrants from the UK. Black in the US is a specific ETHNIC GROUP backed by law and a 300 year history and culture.
Im disappointed in Regina.

Black American representation isnt important to her but representation for women of all colors, and fags and trans representation is? Very sad.

Actor and director extraordinaire Regina King has expanded her pledge of ensuring all projects she produces are “50 per cent women” to include non-binary people, too.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Im disappointed in Regina.

Black American representation isnt important to her but representation for women of all colors, and fags and trans representation is? Very sad.

Actor and director extraordinaire Regina King has expanded her pledge of ensuring all projects she produces are “50 per cent women” to include non-binary people, too.

Regina has advocated for our women to date cacs in the past and has done so herself. She's part of Hollywood and will push their LGBT/"kill off Black Americans to center immigrants" agenda. Alot of sisters are done with her after these comments.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
She is another black female mammy tried to come up on taking a brother down. I have been finding that they are getting more aggressive with their bullshit such as spying since Biden.

I post on BGOL but that does not mean I am down with your self hate, racial cannibalism strategy.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Just asking but nobody cared that they used African Americans to portray Africans in Black Panther. Forrest Whittaker’s African accent fucks up every scene he in. It would have been better for them not to have accents at all.
Good point

HseGHh.jpg

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Well, I have my opinions on the subject but bottom line is that its a black American woman's project. Its Regina's movie and Regina made her choices based on whatever she had to contend with at the time.
Its her movie; her choice. I haven't seen it yet, so I'll reserve judgement on the final product.

She's making moves. I respect that.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Boyce Watkins (Fox Newscorp), Tariq Nasheed (Fox Newscorp), Regina King (Breonna Taylor) will talk pro-black to mask their nefarious agendas in the black community. President Trump had no use for a mammy, he kicked a couple to curb such as Omarosa, he was about putting his people in first, not moving a mammy higher up the hierarchy based on racial cannibalism.

With the Democrats/Biden, it is the opposite which is why a couple have tried to come at me and have been more aggressive. When Biden calls out that he is choosing a black female he is encouraging them to turn on us openly to prove their loyalty to the white race.

Last edited:

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
she only feels this way since shes established in the industry
the young poetic justice version of herself woudlve been pissed
get the fuck outta here Regina

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
sam jackson was also very critical of RAPPERS getting roles that he felt trained black ACTORS should have gotten as well. Sam is for black american ACTORS in that argument and anyone who isn't an black american ACTOR shouldn't be getting jobs over those who actually trained for that.

Same dude who runs to defend his white master though

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
How many black Americans shamelessly played Mandela? Terence Howard,
Danny Glover; and Winnie Mandela? What about Idi Amin?

Black Americans complained bitterly when an African was cast to play Sinbge
in Armistad. They said African actors were taking food out of their mouths. It
was only when it was pointed out that Sinbge was born in Sierra Leone that
their complaining was silenced; He was of the Mende people, and not born
in the Americas. Steven Spielberg never made such a movie again, especially
since it did not do well at the box office.

Last edited:

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
shit, I don't have a problem with it either, if they can play the part and sound the part... and they usually can. If they get special preference, it's bad, but if they kick ass at the audition, fuck it.