Rapper Pop Smoke dead

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I credit the kid for having 19 tracks. That’s rare in these EP days.

That being said, Gangstas is the only track that caught my attention.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
pop-smoke-cover

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Album cover. Really? Nobody buying physical albums these days. Why is the cover such a big deal? I get that folks want it to be "nice"....

that's what I thought at first

but you gotta realize its a different era

social media is king

and THIS imagine could potentially be shared hundreds of thousands of times

Instagram facebook twitter youtube etc

maybe a MILLION all totaled on all platforms

and whenever it IS streamed etc

THAT is the image.

lets not forget merchandising..

so yeah it IS a big deal BEYOND just being another album cover

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
I do like his song element. I forgot which song of his was the first one I listened to. I wasn’t familiar with him until after he died.

godmc

International
International Member
I'm all for new rap but this album did nothing for me. Sounds influenced by 50 but simply not as good. The Got it On Me joint just made me appreciate how good of a song Many Men is. Beat selection on this album also is not special. If I had to choose between bringing back Juice Wrld or Pop Smoke it would be Juice Wrld all the way.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

5 Suspects Arrested in Connection With Pop Smoke’s Murder
By Zoe Haylock
Photo: SUZANNE CORDEIRO/AFP via Getty Images
The Los Angeles Police Department has arrested five suspects in connection with Pop Smoke’s murder. TMZ’s sources say the LAPD served multiple search warrants across L.A. on Thursday morning, and five males were arrested on warrants with a connection to the rapper’s murder on February 19. Two of the suspects are juveniles. It remains unclear what the suspects are being charged with. The Brooklyn rapper was shot and killed in a home invasion by four masked intruders earlier this year, while staying at a rental property in the Hollywood Hills. Police initially struggled to find a motive, for a number of reasons, including Pop Smoke’s address accidentally leaking online earlier that day. The music world was shocked by his death at just 20 years old. Pop Smoke, real name Bashar Jackson, was already a driving force of the booming Brooklyn drill movement. Hits “Welcome to the Party” and “Dior” established him as a newcomer to watch. Now, his musical legacy lives on in a posthumous album, Shoot for the Stars Aim for the Moon, which just came out July 3.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

KRAYZIE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm all for new rap but this album did nothing for me. Sounds influenced by 50 but simply not as good. The Got it On Me joint just made me appreciate how good of a song Many Men is. Beat selection on this album also is not special. If I had to choose between bringing back Juice Wrld or Pop Smoke it would be Juice Wrld all the way.
You bugging ! In a sea of falsettos we finally had a fucking man ! Long live the woo, woo rappers are making the best music right now, sheff, sleepy hallow, drizzy juliano, jay Dee (well he's gone for 25) young costamado

Last edited:

godmc

International
International Member
You bugging ! In a sea of falsettos we finally had a fucking man ! Long live the woo, woo rappers are making the best music right now, sheff, sleepy hallow, frizzy juliano, jay Dee (well he's gone for 25) young costamado

Just cuz we are desperate for a certain type of sound doesn’t mean we should accept mediocrity. Pop smoke sounds like a mediocre 50 cent.

Go listen to juice wrld hour long freestyles on YouTube.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just cuz we are desperate for a certain type of sound doesn’t mean we should accept mediocrity. Pop smoke sounds like a mediocre 50 cent.

Go listen to juice wrld hour long freestyles on YouTube.
The woo got it.
pop playing in everybody background right now.